Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate (31748 Views)

Kachi Nwokocha Sponsored Gang That Beheaded Police DS - Wazobia Reporters / Court Okays Suit Seeking Amaechi And Onu’s Arrest, Sacking / Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe: "Buhari Never Sat For WASC" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by deantimes(m): 5:37am On Jun 30, 2016
A legal practitioner, Mr. Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, has filed a notice at the Federal High Court in Abuja to discontinue the suit he instituted seeking the disqualification of President Muhammadu Buhari for lack of certificate.

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe had alleged that Buhari was not qualified to aspire for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria because he did not sit for the Cambridge West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 as he claimed.

The notice of discontinuance dated June 27 and obtained by our reporter, read: “Take note that the plaintiff in this originating summons, Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, hereby discontinues this action.”

Checks revealed that following the withdrawal of the suit from court, the trial judge, Justice Ademola Adeniyi will today sit and accordingly strike out the case.

Though Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe did not give any reason for withdrawing the case from court, Thisday reports that it might not be unconnected with alleged threats to his life and members of his family.

In an interview last month, Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe had alleged that there were some subtle threats on him to withdraw the case from court.

He had said: Of course, I am concerned and my family and friends are too; I am not naïve and some subtle threats have already been made. For now it is small comfort that if anything happens to me, even if disguised as an accident or anything, Nigerians will know exactly who is responsible.

“In any case, it was Professor Wole Soyinka, I think, who once said in one of his books that ‘The Man Dies in Him Who Keeps Quiet in The Face of Tyranny’ or something of the sort. Speaking of which, I am amazed at the conspiracy of silence by Nigerians. It is astounding is it not, that in the light of this very apparent rape of our constitution, laws, indeed the very essence of our democracy, all of our civil society advocates and activists have gone deaf and dumb in the face of tyranny.

“All those voluble persons (and I don’t want to name them; they know themselves and Nigerians know them too), who pretend they are activists or keepers of the moral conscience of the nation astonishingly can’t see or appreciate what is happening. This country really misses Chief Gani Fawehinmi; he was the only fearless, credible, true and genuine conscience of the nation, not the pretenders we have today; all the others only make noise when it suits them and their interests but look the other way once they are compromised. None of us today, can tie Gani’s shoe-laces.”

http://.com/lawyer-withdraws-suit-seeking-buharis-disqualification-for-lack-of-certificate-over-threat-to-his-life/

13 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by MrRhymes101(m): 5:38am On Jun 30, 2016
LWKMD....afraid yaf catch him

Don't like my post, I'm ugly

40 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by ikbnice(m): 5:42am On Jun 30, 2016
chai!

1 Like

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Limitednow: 5:46am On Jun 30, 2016

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by ikbnice(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2016
He chickened out. Dem don call my lawyer for midnight and e no fit sleep again. Now that mr lawyer has withdrawn the case, I hope he can now sleep with both of his
eyes closed.
BOTTOMLINE: Don't start a war you are not prepared for and don't start what you can't finish.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by rottennaija(m): 5:53am On Jun 30, 2016
You can't really tell, maybe Chief Gani Fawehinmi would have given PMB and his government a chance, considering where we are coming from.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by solace2013: 5:55am On Jun 30, 2016
The suit is not competent ab initio, the foolish lawyer is only hiding under this spurious "threat to his life" to withdraw the suit so that when it is dismissed, he can say he had earlier withdrawn the case. Stupid, idle lawyer.

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by PoundspassDolla(m): 5:56am On Jun 30, 2016
My humble opinion...... Please sir, if you are the only one filing this suit, I suggest and support you withdraw it,for the sake of your life and family who loves you so much, since other notable lawyers and activists have turn a blind eye..... The whole world have heard you, history will be remembered that you are the only one who Challenge it in the court but was face with threat.so for the sake of your life and family, I think you're doing the right thing.

265 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Almajiri1: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2016
The hypocrisy of APC party members in the face brazen rape-ology of our constitution has no place in a modern sophisticated society.

All opposing voices has been bullied,caged and systematically vanquished since APC tyrant Buhari got power.

The good upright lawyer should save his strengths cos Nigerians ain't worth fighting for.

May the tyrant Buhari live long to behold the cause and effects of his bigotry.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by midolian(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Limitednow:

A dictator is always a dictator
And a coward, always a coward? undecided

Is this square-headed man now saying the PDP decided not to go to court over this certificate issue owing to the same threat to life? Even b4 the "fura sipping Buhari" became president? How much power does he have then? Lool..

I have always known it ll come to this. The man only wants a name for himself and that's all. He has gained the recognition.

We all must have heard the story of the Kenyan Lawyer who sued 'Israel' for killing Jesus Christ.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by olaitoro(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2016
nawaooh
Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by greatiyk4u(m): 6:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Challenging Buhari's certificate simply means questioning the integrity of the Nigerian military,..........for this man to be admitted to the NDA in the first place and allowed to graduate is enough reason to believe that he actually has the WASC

Remember, most government job vacancies asks you of your NYSC certificate, this is because for you to have this discharge certificate, you must have passed through primary, secondary and tertiary institution!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by olaitoro(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2016
ikbnice:
he chickened out.

and we still support this flawed system blindly due to our political and religious affiliations.

time will tell.

8 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by IstandWitBuhari: 6:06am On Jun 30, 2016
We are being governed by a certificateless dullard from daura,Nigeria is doomed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by veekid(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2016
Tele nkor; abeg we all know say the man no get certificate; buh make e just do him for years and Commot jor

6 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 30, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Challenging Buhari's certificate simply means questioning the integrity of the Nigerian military,..........for this man to be admitted to the NDA in the first place and allowed to graduate is enough reason to believe that he actually has the WASC

Remember, most government job vacancies asks you of your NYSC certificate, this is because for you to have this discharge certificate, you must have passed through primary, secondary and tertiary institution!
Nobody is saying that Pa Buhari doesn't have a PhD certificate, all we ask is his wassce.

You talk of Naija military as if we all don't know how northerners enrolled without even nta akara certificate in the 60s and 70s. Mtcheew

Anyway, for the sake of his family, the attorney took a good decision.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by dammytosh: 6:09am On Jun 30, 2016
Case Closed.

I still don't understand why Buhari can not present his certificate.

He no get marriage certificate too ?

I think this should be properly addressed and put to rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by olaitoro(m): 6:13am On Jun 30, 2016
greatiyk4u:

why can't Buhari present the said certificate to rest this issue?
must Nigerian took to the street before things are done right ?
Buhari should know that he is setting a bad example for the future politicians and silencing the voice of the oppostion in a democratic era is bad for this nation.
lets not be sentimental on issues like this

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Almajiri1: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2016
dammytosh:
Case Closed.

Don't you think if there be any he and APC won't media parade it?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by dammytosh: 6:17am On Jun 30, 2016
But seriously our leaders no well sha.

We asked for ordinary WAEC certificate, His Excellency Carry 15 SANS go defend am. Which one is easier ? The certificate or assembling the SANS.

The other day too, they accuse Booda Bukky of theft, he carry 90+ SANS to say "I did not steal"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Almajiri1: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2016
olaitoro:

why can't Buhari present the said certificate to rest this issue?
must Nigerian took to the street before things are done right ?
Buhari should know that he is setting a bad example for the future politicians and silencing the voice of the oppostion in a democratic era is bad for this nation.
lets not be sentimental on issues like this
Saint buhari has no such paperwork to present.

6 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Almajiri1: 6:20am On Jun 30, 2016
midolian:
And a coward, always a coward? undecided

Is this square-headed man now saying the PDP decided not to go to court over this certificate issue cos of the same threat to life? Even b4 the "fura sipping Buhari" became president? How much power does he have then? Lool..

I have always known it ll come to this. The man only wants a name for himself and that's all. He has gained the recognition.
Just take a good look at human beings of Nigeria!

24 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by dechriscool(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2016
The most pain full aspect of this saga is the deliberate silence and deafness of civil society advocates,human right lawyers and media houses.No body is talking about it ,seem to be concern about it, in the face of this tyrannic and dictatorial style of Buhari leadership.They felt they are not being affected directly.Nevertheless,the batton will be shifted to them,by then no body will be available to stand in for them.
Nigerians we should stand up against this impunity, tyrannic,dictatorial style of leadership before it consume us all.
A NEPA bill holder for a president is not able to present ordinary WAEC certificate as require by the constitution.Some shameless people are here clapping for him.Tufiakwa,shame on the so called leaders of tomorrow.Leaders of tomorrow indeed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by pheliciti: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2016
Mr Lawyer, if you truly admire and miss Gani Fawehinmi's fearlessness then step into his shoes irrespective of death threats. Dont institute a case to seek attention and then chicken out mid- stream.
At any rate, dont hesitate, give the police the details of the death threat and leave it to them to investigate or not.
Show us you are not a charlatan like those other fake human rights activists you complained of!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by sinistermind(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2016
I refuse to believe this story... the man has a good case. So for a "mezietimes" been the first to report such news, i'm yet to believe until the court's ruling.

1 Like

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by DaBullIT(m): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2016
He don clear for hin eyes?? Soo soon ?? Perhaps he has seen the light ? when someone believes he want's to have fame by denting the president's image this is what happens !

And forget anything they said about death threats from anyone , it's an attempted blackmail that failed ,

The same way some goats said Aisha Buhari was a thief only for the security operatives to find out that the person's wife benefited from Dasuki gate

Also , if this goat had any interest of Nigeria at heart, Death threats shouldn't have deterred him , Looks like another 5% Propaganda failed

Severussnape

Jmoore

Looks like your hero is running away from the war he started
Just like someone in the past ran away

mamabonboy

kentuta

grace2014

gocac

17 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by babyfaceafrica: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2016
Sissy and wussy is all I see

1 Like

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by Luckymay(f): 6:26am On Jun 30, 2016
Good for him and his parabolic way of speaking against people.
Meanwhile click on the link in my signature to vote for my little girl who is contesting for the ongoing face of new Haven contest. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by carboblanko(m): 6:31am On Jun 30, 2016
solace2013:
The suit is not competent ab initio, the foolish lawyer is only hiding under this spurious "threat to his life" to withdraw the suit so that when it is dismissed, he can say he had earlier withdrawn the case. Stupid, idle lawyer.
The man knows the case is going nowhere. Tactical withdrawal smiley

1 Like

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by EazyMoh(m): 6:31am On Jun 30, 2016
What do you expect? Mission accomplished! It's all publicity stunt, now he will be known as the lawyer who sued PMB and made him hire 13 SANS. Anyway, congratulations sir on your achievement.

4 Likes

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by DaBullIT(m): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2016
“ [b]In any case, it was Professor Wole Soyinka, I think, who once said in one of his books that ‘The Man Dies in Him Who Keeps Quiet in The Face of Tyranny’ or something of the sort. Speaking of which, I am amazed at the conspiracy of silence by Nigerians. It is astounding is it not, that in the light of this very apparent rape of our constitution, laws, indeed the very essence of our democracy, all of our civil society advocates and activists have gone deaf and dumb in the face of tyranny.

All those voluble persons (and I don’t want to name them; they know themselves and Nigerians know them too), who pretend they are activists or keepers of the moral conscience of the nation astonishingly can’t see or appreciate what is happening This country really misses Chief Gani Fawehinmi; he was the only fearless, credible, true and genuine conscience of the nation, not the pretenders we have today; all the others only make noise when it suits them and their interests but look the other way once they are compromised. None of us today, can tie Gani’s shoe-laces[/b] .”

In other words , Ogbeni Mr. Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Is a pretender , a thief , he's voluble and he does not have any moral conscience

According to Wole Soyinka , not me grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate by erayo2GCA(m): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari no get cert case close

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nasarawa Lawmakers Serves Gov. Al-makura Impeachment Notice / Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar / Governor Bala Mohammed Returns To Bauchi In Style After Supreme Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.