Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? (57070 Views)

JSS1 Textbook Teaching Masturbation As Abstinence Causes Outrage / Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook / My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Stanislaus17(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Who's Who?
There are three friends. Amina is older than the one with the RED dress,but younger than the DOCTOR.
Olanna is younger than the one with the YELLOW dress,while Chiamaka is older than the one with the GREEN dress. The TEACHES is younger than the LAWYER.
Give the colour of dress and profession of each friend from youngest to oldest...
This puzzled me for a while until i got the answer..you can try

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by ikbnice(m): 7:17am On Jun 30, 2016
name of the textbook, the author, publisher, year of publication and the page of this puzzle.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Oche211(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2016
From the youngest to oldest, we have;
Olanna who wears a Red dress nd she is a Teacher.
Amina, Green dress nd a lawyer.
Chiamaka, yellow dress and a doctor.
Cc
Lalasticlala, smellymouth

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Stanislaus17(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2016
New General mathematics for Junior Secondary Schools 1 UBE edition by M F Macrae,A O kalajaiye,Z I chima,etc..page 91

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Stanislaus17(m): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2016
Oche211:
From the youngest to oldest, we have;
Olanna who wears a Red dress nd she is a Teacher.
Amina, Green dress nd a lawyer.
Chiamaka, yellow dress and a doctor.
Cc
Lalasticlala, smellymouth
... Incorrect sir!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Oche211(m): 7:38am On Jun 30, 2016
Stanislaus17:
... Incorrect sir!
oga mr, kilode!!! How u take knw say it's incorrect. Abi u get expo ni

6 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Oche211(m): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2016
How many did i miss there. Check the answer well o.
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Stanislaus17(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2016
Oche211:

oga mr, kilode!!!
How u take knw say it's incorrect. Abi u get expo ni
...u're correct dude..take it easy o

3 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Oche211(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2016
Stanislaus17:
...u're correct dude..take it easy o
u sure man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Stanislaus17(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2016
Oche211:

u sure man?
yes!

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 30, 2016
From the youngest to the oldest.
Chiamaka, Yellow, Doctor
Amina, Lawyer, Green
Red, Teaches, Olanna

But this thing is so easy na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by tempest01(m): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2016
It's easy since they are just three.

Here's the ranking according to age and from the word problem.

1. Doctor, yellow dress, Chiamaka
2. Amina, green dress, Lawyer
3. red dress, olanna, teacher

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Tellemall: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2016
Oldest Chiamaka in the yellow dress is a doctor

Amina lawyer in the green dress is older than

Youngest olanna teacher in the red dress

3 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by agoadiv(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2016
from the YOUNGEST TO THE OLDEST

OLANNA wears the red dress and shes the teacher
AMINA wears the green dress and shes the LAWYER.

sure sure i checked the name of the oldest and saw the tribe she from, igbo amaka!!!! doctor!!!

CHIAMAKA IS THE OLDERST, SHE BE DOCTOR O, SHE COLLECT DOCTORATE, SHE THE LIKE WEAR YELLOW DRESS OL THE TIMEcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by sureteeboy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Very easy. CHIAMAKA - DOCTOR - YELLOW AMINA - LAWYER - GREEN OLANA - TEACHER - RED

1 Like

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by tbabs10166(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
very simple!!
since Amina is yonger than the doctor and also older than the one with Red, that shows Amina is not the youngest and not the eldest. so we place Amina as the middle man. Which means the one with the red dress will be the youngest and the Doctor will be the eldest. Also Amina cannot be the doctor and can also not be teacher.....by using the hint we should have this as our final answer: Olanna (Red)(Teacher) < Amina (Green) (Lawyer) < Chiamaka (Yellow) (Doctor)

6 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by temmym4(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
I took the liberty of jotting it down on a piece of paper for the benefit of those who doesn't understand and those who wants to use it as an expo cheesy cheesy cheesy.

no mind my poor handwriting abeg. #CoversFace

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Oahray: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmm... A simpler remake of Einstein's riddle.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by FengChui(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
From oldest to youngest

Chiamaka doctor yellow dress

Amina lawyer green dress

Olanna teacher red dress
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by ilevic(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Guy, today is the 30th of June, yet salary never show and u are here asking me which doctor wear red and which lawyer wear green or the teacher that wear yellow. Anything wey dem like make den wear

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Dapsin2901: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Proof
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Spells(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
grin the correct answer is correct

1 Like

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by adonbilivit: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
una go wan use this one form intelligent guys. make una use una intelligence bail out our sick economy. na only problem wey dey book we sabi solve. na why we dey bag 1st class abroad but we no dey ever discover anything. the only thing wey we don ever discover na masquerade.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by pussypounder(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
I dont care
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by CACAWA(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
Obelawo
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Kizyte(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
Is this Mathematics?

1 Like

Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by harsysky(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
The answer is that answer you have on your mind.
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by bobo65(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
temmym4:
I took the liberty of jotting it down on a piece of paper for the benefit of those who doesn't understand and those who wants to use it as an expo cheesy cheesy cheesy.

no mind my poor handwriting abeg. #CoversFace

For ur mind
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Millz404(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Well guess all the i too knows have answered it before i got a chance to tink the puzzle..... I'm araherre
Re: I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

25 Photographs That Can Scare You Out Of Your Mind / Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) / Obama Recognises, Commends 19 Year Old Nigerian Havard Finalist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.