Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. (10478 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by kYjelly2: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2016
Okay, so the government has done its job on some roads by providing clear lane markings, yet some or most motorists in Nigeria take these lane markings simply as decorations undecided

I get soooooooo angry driving in Lagos sometimes, that I find myself cursing almost everyone.

Do they even realize how dangerous it is

You will be driving in ur lane, then some animal would now leave his lane and start veering into urs, like da fvck

What is so hard in driving straight and using ur turn signals when ready to switch lanes

Honestly, if I was white, I'd be a racist after witnessing this sort of jungle driving. I'd think that blacks are animals, true story.

The most annoying one is on a 3 lane road like lekki epe, when I'm driving on the extreme left lane and some mudafvcker in the middle lanenow has half of his car in his lane and the other half in my lane. In essence almost pushing me into the concrete sepetator on my left.

Why am I a Nigerian sef, why am I black

Don't even get me started with danfos and conductors hanging on the back of busses like real animals.

No law enforcement, nothing. Fvcking annoying

35 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Replying based on the topic

How do you expect me to stay behind a dummy on wheel. Someone who isnt even qualified to be issued a license in the first place. So that's one of the numerous reasons

25 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by lonelydora: 10:09am On Jun 30, 2016
How would those Danfo drivers prove to you that they drive more than you? Most Nigerians believe lane switching makes you a 'sharp' driver.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by kingreign(m): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2016
kYjelly2:
Okay, so the government has done its job on some roads by providing clear lane markings, yet some or most motorists in Nigeria take these lane markings simply as decorations undecided

I get soooooooo angry driving in Lagos sometimes, that I find myself cursing almost everyone.

Do they even realize how dangerous it is

You will be driving in ur lane, then some animal would now leave his lane and start veering into urs, like da fvck

What is so hard in driving straight and using ur turn signals when ready to switch lanes

Honestly, if I was white, I'd be a racist after witnessing this sort of jungle driving. I'd think that blacks are animals, true story.

The most annoying one is on a 3 lane road like lekki epe, when I'm driving on the extreme left lane and some mudafvcker in the middle lanenow has half of his car in his lane and the other half in my lane. In essence almost pushing me into the concrete sepetator on my left.

Why am I a Nigerian sef, why am I black

Don't even get me started with danfos and conductors hanging on the back of busses like real animals.

No law enforcement, nothing. Fvcking annoying

After these rants, when you're exhausted, report to my insitiute for anger and frustration management grin grin
Calm down bruv. I was more frustrated than you but I've learnt to deal with it. Okay here's he deal, get a Truck, tundra, ford F150 or some real mean truck, take off the plastic bumper cover and install the heavy duty steel type bunper and brush guard then start brushing cars who does nasty things on your lane.

30 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 01, 2016
It can be really annoying truly.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by king406(m): 2:04am On Jul 01, 2016
U never see Abuja own.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by brunofarad(m): 6:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Lol
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Pyno30: 6:08am On Jul 01, 2016
Happy new month to you all, The time is ticking and fast spent, We shall not die but to live to declare his good works

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 01, 2016
Ask [size=18pt]GOOGLE[/size] undecided
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by dollaflow(m): 6:09am On Jul 01, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by powerfulsettingz: 6:09am On Jul 01, 2016
because in Nigeria u have to shadow for FRSC, TRACE, LASTMAN, EVEN KAI OFFICERS..... u can't stay for one wing to beat them

14 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by ychris: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2016
See as this one dey talk as if he's new here....if u dnt like nigeria again goto. iraq nw ...

save journey eh?

nah ur kind dey cause over population self

O DABO!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by tuoyoojo(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2016
in abuja u would see someone driving "in the middle of the centre" of the road.

you go blow horn tire, dem nor even send you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by NifemiOlu(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2016
How many attended driving school?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by SmartMugu: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2016
You mentioned Lagos, every driver is in a rush to get somewhere in Lagos, even the passengers. So, how can a common lane on the road stop people?
Fences, barbed wires or barricades should be used to demarcate lanes, not just some markings on the road. People won't respect those markings.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Luvdmx(m): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2016
lipsrsealed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by gabbytabby: 6:12am On Jul 01, 2016
Sorry most of your 9ja brothers and sisters are covetous and greedy and it reflects in the way they do things. Shikena .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Stephenndidi85: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2016
when next you see dat, pack ur car and start controling trafic

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by drinkmorewater: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2016
Because they weren't taught properly in driving school

Plus some of these roads with bad traffic combined enables the bad drivers to repeatedly hug both lanes

Nigerians are majorly terrible drivers its annoying but I will blame this on commercial drivers because they have zero to no chill for road/traffic rules and it seems their non chanlancy has rubbed on so many people that most peeps think that's the right way to drive

Just do What I do, if someone half enters my lane, I will overtake him, drive in his front and be pressing brake, cest tres facile!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by sbabimbola(f): 6:18am On Jul 01, 2016
We seem to be forever late for every function...... So everyone seems too slow!
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Adesiji77: 6:20am On Jul 01, 2016
If they don't stay on their lanes while online, why would you expect them to do that on our roads? angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by ojibole1(m): 6:27am On Jul 01, 2016
Na bad wheel balancing n alignment cause m but seriously it's annoying
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by ClintonDal(m): 6:28am On Jul 01, 2016
Majority of Nigerian road users are lawless and impatient that's why. Always in a rush to get to God knows where. Zebra crossing doesn't even function in Nigeria. I've driven in Nigeria and also in other parts of the world and I can say there is a huge difference.
The use of horn is only in serious circumstance, but down in Nigeria even Keke napep don go customise him own horn into siren. Blaring anyhow and anywhere, I wonder what was the use of going to a driving school or even having the VIO people.

16 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by ckamal: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2016
Oga, u need to consider that they may also be dodging the several potholes on the road some might be so deep that they can cause alot of damages..I am not saying it's a good thing to be switching lanes or driving in the center of 2 lanes but this is the major reason people change lanes.In developed Countries am sure their roads are well constructed and smooth..so u can't compare both situations.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by LAUWALI222(m): 6:31am On Jul 01, 2016
Road safety commission need to do something urgently
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 01, 2016
A lawless society remains a fertile soil for lawlessness to flourish.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by lindiwey: 6:34am On Jul 01, 2016
OP, you are so correct! The thing tire me sef..it also happens in abuja where I reside,thats y I don't joke with my car horn..at least if dey can't see they can hear

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Lekinzmah(m): 6:35am On Jul 01, 2016
*HNM*

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by gbadexy(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2016
I feel your pain bro. The danfo buses are the worst. They don't check their side mirror and simply switch lane as they please.
You have to be alert to drive on lagos roads.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by timilehing(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Is there any rule/law that restricts road users to single lane undecided
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by slimfit1(m): 6:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Ask Saraki why he hasn't introduced any law with the money these people take home every year. That is why we have lawmakers. However, you must be a foreign driver I'm sure of that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Facts About Motor Oils / Audi A6 Vs Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 (end Of Discussion) / Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.