Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, (1664 Views)

I Can't Solve This Error On My Php Page... / My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, / PHP Code To Insert And Retrieve Images From Mysql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Capacchino: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
Greetings experts,
I am a php beginner. I observed that whatever code I write does not execute on the browser, but the browser displays back whatever I have coded instead of the output. Don't rilly know my way around d problem, I need ur suggestions, pls.. Tnx
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Luizkid(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
cant figure out the problem, but a screenshot of the output would be useful to figure out the solution
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by enigmatique(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
Capacchino:
Greetings experts,
I am a php beginner. I observed that whatever code I write does not execute on the browser, but the browser displays back whatever I have coded instead of the output. Don't rilly know my way around d problem, I need ur suggestions, pls.. Tnx
Are you sure you're running a local server using XAMMP or the likes?
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
enigmatique:

Are you sure you're running a local server using XAMMP or the likes?

From your question, i can conclude that you're a newbie..cos without a server stack, running your PHP script in the browser will most likely download the code back through your browser instead of executing it.

He is probably having this issue because of some badly written code, even a beginner knows he needs XAMPP to run PHP for Christ sake.

So boy (@OP), i advise you to learn to find quick help through Google first before asking on Nairaland and also upload a screen-shot or portion of your code alongside your question for more accurate answers.

1 Like

Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by omoelu1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

From your question, i can conclude that you're a newbie..cos without a server stack, running your PHP script in the browser will most likely download the code back through your browser instead of executing it.

He is probably having this issue because of some badly written code, even a beginner knows he needs XAMPP to run PHP for Christ sake.

So boy (@OP), i advise you to learn to find quick help through Google first before asking on Nairaland and also upload a screen-shot or portion of your code alongside your question for more accurate answers.

I don't think there's any more advice to be offered. This says it all
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Capacchino: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tnx, i couldn't get much help from Google dt was why I came to ds platform,. It has been resolved though, and thank you for ur time and suggestions
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
Capacchino:
Tnx, i couldn't get much help from Google dt was why I came to ds platform,. It has been resolved though, and thank you for ur time and suggestions

Have you heard of Stack Overflow?
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Imakeherdrip(m): 3:26am On Jul 01, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Must you show your talent.
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2016
Imakeherdrip:

Must you show your talent.

No, it showcases itself. Not my fault.
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Capacchino:
Greetings experts,
Capacchino, the easiest way to get help is by sharing the PHP code in question.

However, the following tips might help:
1. Make sure your file extension is .php . Don't give it a .html, .htm or any other extension.
2. Also ensure that you place your PHP code within the <?php ... ?> tags.
Yeah. Sharing your code will be helpful. Happy coding!
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Have you heard of Stack Overflow?
Then of what essence is this category of Nairaland?
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by mcqwerty(m): 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP hasn't done any wrong posting his challenge here, though there are other platforms. What I would also suggest is you head over to the php.net website and read the documentation for this will guide you better. Good luck on your journey.
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by guente02(m): 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Laive:

I believe he said so because the response speed of SO and SO having instances of such questions. Infact if Google dont give you exact answers you're most likely to head over to SO than NL.
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
guente02:

I believe he said so because the response speed of SO and SO having instances of such questions. Infact if Google dont give you exact answers you're most likely to head over to SO than NL.
Ok...
Re: My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Laive:

Discussing programming tips, i feel this section is better for pro's to talk about best practices, code logic and algorithms. Posting codes here doesn't make sense, you may have noticed, except if you're new to Nairaland.

Plus you get fast response on Stack Overflow compared to Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Fix My XSLT File / HELP WITH Erp(enterprise Resource Program) SOLUTION / CLOUD COMPUTING; Are You Preparing For AWS Certification Exams!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.