Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC (29258 Views)

I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Uche Ogah Collects His Certificate Of Return From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by kahal29: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has advanced reasons for its decision to issue a Certificate of Return to Mr Uche Ogah who came second at the last Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship primaries in Abia State.

INEC National Commissioner in charge of the South East, Amb. Lawrence Nwuruku said the commission only kowtowed to the lawful order of a court.

Nwuruku added that as a citizen, he could go to jail if he flouts a valid court order.

He said if the court tomorrow orders a reversal of the action, INEC would not hesitate to do its bidding.

“The situation is that we are simply obeying the court order.

The court said with immediate effect without wasting of time, we should issue him Certificate of Return and that is what we have done – to obey the court order. If the court tomorrow issues another order, we would obey the same. By the grace of God, I am the INEC Commissioner in charge of South East. I’ll do the same thing if the court orders us to do so.

If court says we should issue the same certificate to another person. In this case, court ordered us to issue a Certificate of Return to the person who won the election and that is Uche Ogah. I was the person who gave the Certificate of Return to Gov. Ikpeazu as he was declared winner.

Now, the court has said otherwise. One thing we know is that we are not above the law and we cannot disobey the laws of the land. After the court, another person we obey in our land is God and my conscience is my God. Another thing that guides us is the court and we must obey its order with immediate effect.

If you were in the court that day, and I urge you the media, to go and study the court ruling very well, it was wonderful; it was direct”, he said.

Speaking in the same vein, INEC’s Director of Publicity, Oluwole Osaze-Uzi, had earlier stated that the decision followed an order by an Abuja Federal High Court directing INEC to immediately issue Certificate of Return to Mr. Ogah.

Justice Okon Abang of the court had Monday asked INEC to issue the Certificate of Return issued to Mr Ogah.

Justice Abang, had ruled that on the account of fake tax returns during the primaries, Mr Ikpeazu, ab initio was never qualified to run in the PDP primaries as a governorship candidate.

He consequently ordered the Chief Judge of the state to swear in Uche Ogah as the substantive Governor of Abia State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/%e2%80%8eabia-issued-certificate-return-uche-ogah-inec/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by dmediator555(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
He is a technocrat and a business man; watch how he will revive the IGR of Abia state...
I hate godfatherism- am even writing on it in my Thesis with great passion.

Congrats Govi... Uche Ogah

Modified: Omo le c groove, u mean say I go eva b FTC? Still dreaming . This means greatness lies ahead of me. I fasted and prayed for FTC like the man at the pool of bethsaida for 38yrs.... Before I comment somebody don book space . Finally, Heaven don pick my missed calls... Anyway, June Na my birthday ... Thank God for this special gift on the last day of my month.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Businessideas: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
What kind of debacle is this?If the man is issued a certificate of return but the usurper is still on the seat, then INEC just scammed the man.The best thing is to swear him in immediately, the usurper should vacate the seat joor, inec certificate of return is not a recharge card o!!

12 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hahahahahahahahhaahahah!
INEC has succeeded in scamming Ogah.Oga go wait taya to be sworn in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
Court ruling that sacked okezue ikpazu is 'wonderful'...INEC

Did you see what I saw?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmmmm... It is well!!
Chief Judge of Abia state over to you!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
K
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by cktheluckyman: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Chosen1984:
Hmmmmm... It is well!!
Chief Judge of Abia state over to you!!!!
The Abia state Chief Judge would not comply with the Rose A bang Judgement until the supreme court rules.
Congrats to Uche Ogah on his certificate of return. He should however keep it in his freezer pending when the supreme court rules on this case

21 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by cktheluckyman: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Businessideas:
What kind of debacle is this?If the man is issued a certificate of return but the usurper is still on the seat, then INEC just scammed the man.The best thing is to swear him in immediately, the usurper should vacate the seat joor, inec certificate of return is not a recharge card o!!
Shebi Rose Abang said he should be given certificate of return? That has been done. He should however keep the certificate very well in his box to avoid rat eating it up while he waits for the the supreme court judgement

8 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by NwaNimo1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
Confusion everywhere....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by philfrey08: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by wasco24: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
something is wrong

I think there powerful people behind the scenes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by D34lw4p(m): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
smiley
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by SAMBATLAN(m): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
He is being given his cert now,..... I saw it coming, but Ikpeazu told me to keep quiet eeeehhhhhhhn . grin

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Pyno30: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
I smell trouble in Abia

2 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
16 greater than 19
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by CHANNELStv2020: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
APC DON WIN,GOD SAVE US,ABA BACK TO SQUARE ONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by EbukaLive(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
I booked this space before I read the story. Now that I have read it. I don't have anything to say.

Who wan buy this space? :/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by onadana: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
QED....proved.Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Starships4u(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
inec thanks for once but there cant be two captains in a ship
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by nwadiuko1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
INec did what it was supposed to do..... but it doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is confusing angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Olukat(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
I don't understand this country anymore shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Ferdinandu(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Uche Ogar, I'm only interested for him to be sworn in so that he will come and show us how Ochendo stole Abia dry for 8yrs. That his sleeping in Senate is enough. It is time to sleep in EFCC cell and Kuje Prison.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by mccoy47(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmm. It's not a small tin oo. Ngwa ppl how market?
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by tbaba1234: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
APC DON WIN,GOD SAVE US,ABA BACK TO SQUARE ONE

APC

Wetin concern APC for this matter??

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by truthspeaks: 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
Abia season film continues
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
certificate of Patience

2 Likes

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by badesco(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
There is something fishy about INEC quickly handing over of certificate of return to Mr Ugbah. It is a normal process that if a court made an order againstt a person, it is normal for the person to appeal, but in this case it is not so. This wuruwuru compliance potend a danger for our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by claire675(f): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
tell me something
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by hisgrace090: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hope at last.
Re: Why Uche Ogar Was Issued Certificate Of Return – INEC by onupeter(m): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
just negodu.... who em epp?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.