Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Meatpies - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Meatpies (3519 Views)

Procedure Of Baking Cakes And Snacks:meatpies,donots And So Much More / Order For Cakes And Snacks(meatpies,donots And So Much More).We do Training too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meatpies by meggy11: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2009
pls nairalanders help me with the recipe and process of baking meatpies. it will really be appreciated
Re: Meatpies by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2009
go vegetarian 4 da eaRtH!!!
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
hehe grin
Re: Meatpies by oyinda3(f): 1:57am On Sep 06, 2009
MrPrsdent:

go vegetarian 4 da eaRtH!!!

rotfl
Re: Meatpies by mohawkchic(f): 3:25am On Sep 06, 2009
~Oh! I was ready to chit chat about meatpies & how i like mine. . .

~Maybe you might want to try Google. . .

~May i also Suggest You modify your Topic To "Does Anyone know the Recipe For Meatpie?" You'll prolly get more replies. . .
Re: Meatpies by onyxengee: 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2009
amaka1 (f)
CT

Meat Pie
« #11 on: October 02, 2006, 04:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meat Filling
-small potatoes, diced and cooked (to save time, use frozen hash brown potato cubes)
-lean ground beef (or chicken, or turkey)
-frozen mixed vegetables, cooked (I use the peas, carrots and corn mix)
-onion diced
-red and green sweet peppers, diced
- seasonings (salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, knorr/maggie etc, whatever you like)

Dough
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) (it should be cold and hard)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4-6 tablespoons ice water

-Prepare the filling by browning your meat and spices. WHile it's cooking, stirfry your peppers and onion and veggies. Mix it all together. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.

-Once ground beef is cooked, add the diced cooked potatoes and heat for 5 minutes. (not too much potatoes). The main purpose is to aborb excesss liquid from the meat mixture, so that you don't end up with soggy meat pies.

-To make dough: Sift together dry ingredients and cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork until mixture is crumbly.

-While mixing with a wooden spoon, add water a tablespoon at a time until dough holds together in a ball (you may need more or less water. Just add small amounts at a time). If the dough is crumbly, add a little more water by drops until the dough stays together when you pinch it.
-When dough comes together into a ball roll out the dough until flat.
- Cut out circles (I use a giant cookie cutter for this). If dough becomes sticky or too soft put in fridge for 10 minutes to cool and then take it out again and continue cutting the circles.
-Place meat stuffing in center of pastry circles.
-Fold over and seal using a fork.
-Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meat pie.jpg (32.68 KB, 409x317 )

you can rub egg on it when you r done with the sealing b4 baking to make it look more attractive.
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 5:37am On Sep 07, 2009
nice tongue
Re: Meatpies by meggy11: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ onyi thanks alot.dont they use baking powder?
Re: Meatpies by estagirl(f): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2009
once you use enough butter, there is no need for baking powder.
Re: Meatpies by CrazyMan(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2009
Are you ready to pay me; co's I would give you a good break down on how to cook or is it bake? it.
Re: Meatpies by estagirl(f): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
U cant do some thing for free,na wa for you oh.
Re: Meatpies by CrazyMan(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
I just joking na
Re: Meatpies by estagirl(f): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
it better be
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
Re: Meatpies by chiejik(f): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
she said black pepper,is it that onen they call ghana pepper, that one that is very pepperish?
Re: Meatpies by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
some pix will be nice too
Re: Meatpies by adeola2707: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2009
flour
butter
egg white
salt
water
diced beef
diced onion
diced potatoe

Sieve flour, add a pinch of salt, butter and knead together with your hand. Knead together until its turn to pastry, you may add water to pastry to give desired texture.
mixed diced beef,onion, and potatoes together. add seasoning and allow to boil for few minutes ( pls do not overcook),
roll out pastry and cut into desired size, add your beef mix, brust pastry egg with egg white( to seal pastry) , then close pastry.
Use a fork to make opening on pastry( this is necessary for the steam to escape) and then brush with egg white ( to give it that golden brown finished look)

I hope this helps!!
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2009
thanks i will sure try that recipe
Re: Meatpies by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2009
You don't really need baking powder.
Re: Meatpies by mamagee6(f): 1:03am On Oct 01, 2009
I love meatpies.
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2009
me too
Re: Meatpies by hadi99: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
I tried the recipe posted. My meatpie had a good taste, but i think the pastry turn out a little to dry. Am looking for how to improve it to get something soft, What did i do wrong,
Re: Meatpies by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
There are meatpies and there are meatpies . . . so make sure u learn the real thing and not the ones that scares a child out a pregnant woman
Re: Meatpies by ubiaa5(f): 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
@hadi99 buy ready made pie crust from the freezer section,just roll it out fill,seal wit a fork,brush wit egg n poke some holes to let out steam n bake, comes out perfect.
Re: Meatpies by muffins(f): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2009
This meat pie taste yummy. kiss

Re: Meatpies by nich(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2009
tongue dammmmn! hunger na baaaaaastard! cheesy
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
that pic dey make me hungry for meatpies o
Re: Meatpies by Kunbee: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
candylips:

that pic dey make me hunder for meatpies o

Elebi cool
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2009
Kunbee:

Elebi cool

hmm undecided
Re: Meatpies by Kunbee: 2:25am On Oct 31, 2009
candylips:

hmm undecided

You dont understand it means hungry fellow cool
Re: Meatpies by Fhemmmy: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2009
@ Muffins . . . . . pls send me some now, fax it to me @ 1-800-fax-me-some
That looks gooooood
Re: Meatpies by candylips(m): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2009
Kunbee:

You dont understand it means hungry fellow cool

oh i c

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to make Roasted Yam And Roasted Ukpaka Pepper Sauce / Buffet Restaurant In Nigeria / How Do I Preserve My Raw Tomatoes Without a Refrigerator? (please Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.