Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Nemesis - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nemesis (9878 Views)

The Nemesis Of Ezra Season One:beginning Of Karma. / The Last Wolf Series - Nemesis In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
(contd)
I culled up in a corner of my room and cryed for about two hours. I knew my tears won't solve my problems but I don't know what else to do. Grandma left my room and I don't know what she is up to. 'So you are now shedding crocodile tears now'she said as she entered my room. The deed is done already and It's better you look for away out of this mess you put yourself into instead of crying all day' grandma said. Oya seat up and come and eat your food o. You are not hungry ke. Better start eating well because of your baby. She forced me to eat about half of the amala. I cleared the table and entered the kitchen with the aim of wasting alot of time there in the name of washing the plates then walk quietly into my room and then pretend to be asleep. But she is already waiting for me in my room. Oya sitdown let's start our discussion now. So who impreginated you? what did he tell you to brainwash you that let you open you leg for him? Have you inform him about your condition? she asked. I didn't answer any of her questions. I'm only playing with my finger. 'See this girl o. You think I'm playing abi she said and picked up a long slender cane in one corner of the room. It's either I flog the thing out of you or beat you till you speak up' she said angrily. I already closed my eyes waiting for the cane to decend on me but instead I heard grandma's sob. Ore why do you want to kill yourself. Why do you want me to spend the remaining days I have in this world in pain and agony. You are the only family I had left and you want to leave me too.I think it's time you know my story......

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Grandma
Fifty eight years ago a baby girl was born in a town called Ijebu-Jesa. Her mother died immediately after her birth. This same also her father kicked the bucket. He was a palm wine tapper and had been into the business for about 10 years. He fell down from a palm tree and died the day his daughter was born. A day that should be for celebration turned out to a mourning day. No one wanted to take care of the new born baby. She's termed a devilish child. I'm that baby girl. I was abandoned by family members with the midwife who helped my mother during delivery. On the seventh day one of my uncles who stayed in Osogbo accepted to be my guardian. His wife was not able to conceive again after having thier first child Ronke about 10 years before then. But unfortunately for me my uncle died when I'm five years old and that is when I began to hear my life history bit by bit. I never knew they were not my biological parent before then. After his death his wife change colour and start to use me like a slave. She prefers to call me bastard and beat me mercilessly anytime I did something wrong instead of correcting me like a loving mother. She delayed my schooling for about two years claiming she has no money for books and other things. Even when I started going to school. I worked myself to get the money for my school uniform. School was just an escape from all the shit I faced at home so I faced it squarely. One of the young male teachers in my school liked me and promise to help me further my education if I said yes to him. I don't know what to do about me yet when I was told my sister will be getting married soon. I was surprised to find out that the guy who promised me heaven and earth was her husband to be. I forget about him amd faced my life. Her mum made it compulsory for me to start living with the new couple not considering my education as I'm form three then and that is when I stop schooling. Along the line I got entangled in an affair with my brother-in-law.
Re: Nemesis by abefe99: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
nice update God bless ur upstair
Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
abefe99:
nice update God bless ur upstair
amen...thanks
Re: Nemesis by bummybummy(f): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
tnx for d update but too small

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by teamplayey: 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
@ T-girl,
Hope you're ok?
All things truly do work together for good
Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
I was used as a slave and no one though about me. Whether I'm to further my education or learn a trade. The wife is a trader and she has no shop. I'm her mobile shop. She do sell foodstuffs and I must meet the sales target she set for me daily, else I'll be beaten mercilessly and not would not be allowed to eat from the supper I prepared. After about three years of marriage without conception the wife became a bitter and desperate woman. She got angry at the slightest provocation and I'm the one that do suffer for it. One day, the madam wasn't at home. She went for a function. I cooked supper and set the table for her husband and pick my food so as to go and eat in my room when he told me to sit-down and eat in the sitting room. The first time in three years. After the meal, he said he have somethings to tell me. He apologised for letting me down and also promise never to let me down again. Getting Married to Ronke was his father's dieing wish so he can't go against it. He's ready to come for me and I'll probably be his second wife. He also promised to send me back to school. After sometime, I gave in to him. And since then,he began to defend me anytime his wife treats me wrongly. He make sure I didn't hawk her goods again. He do buy gifts for me too. How relationship is growing, we are getting closer and it's getting obvious that there's something between us. People started murmurring so he rent a place for me and he's ready to introduce me to his family members as his second wife. I felt like dieing the day I woke up to hear wailings in our compand and was told that he is dead. I fainted immediately and I was revived after an hour though I wished I've died then. The bereaved wife started shouting and screaming cursing who ever killed her husband. All of a sudden she ran towards where I am and held my neck making it difficult for me to breath. People separated us and took her to another room but she kept on cursing and promised to see my end because I killed her father and her husband. After his burial, I was forced to swore an oat in a shrine that something terrible should happen to me within seven days if I knew anything about his death.
Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
....to be continued.... I'll correct the errors in the last update when I'm back...

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by bummybummy(f): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
wia ar u going to again Tgirl
Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
Before then I've been thinking of how to leave the house because my madam and I are now enemies. About two weeks after Yemi died,the wife came into my room and said she noticed some changes in me. Then she asked when last I saw my Period and that's like one month from then. She said she's sure that I'm pregnant and that she need the baby growing in my stomach. I was shocked. She promised to give me money in exchange of the baby. I told her I'll be thinking about it and she became nicer to me since then. The family members are planning to push her out without anything because she has no child. So she need a child to guarantee her stay in the Oladele family. But I already make up my mind not to release my baby to her. I can't even pray that my enemy should live with the wicked woman not to talk of my son. I'm surprised when I'm asked to swore an oath concerning Yemi's death again. Three days after I swore the oat,she cook and left my share in the kitchen. I woke up late and the food was already cold,so I poured it away for the goats . Suddenly someone shouted outside that what's wrong with the goats. I ran out to check what happened. Lo and behold, they were all dead. Four big goats. So she definitely wanted to kill me. I ran away and left Osogbo totally that they. I have only little money on me and left with none of my things. I took a bus going to Ile ife. A woman in the bus have pity on me and asked for the reason why I'm crying. I told her my story and she promised to help me in any little way she can. I lived with her for about seven months. People do call her iya ologi, I learnt how to make pap from her. Along the line,she got critically sick and that's when she told me about her daughter that get lost when she's ten years old. She gave me a drawing of the girl and made me promise to look for her. The night we had the heart to heart talk she gave up the ghost. I went into premature labour and that is how your dad came. If u study my story very well. You'll see there is too much death. From my parents to my uncle to grandfather to Iya ologi and eventually your dad. Most times I do feel guilty for their death and wish I died instead. Do you want to die too. It was your father before,now you want to add your name to the list. Do you want people to start calling me a witch here too. Pls don't kill yourself. Don't try to abort again. Think of your parents, don't you want to make them proud of you in heaven. What of your school? See your life is the most important thing now. Only a living person can go to school and you can still get a job with your SSCE. You had a fine result. I beg you in the name of God don't try to abort again. I don't want to loose you too.
********ORE*********
Grandma had really passed through a lot. I can't think of not knowing my biological parent and living with a mean woman like the Ronke in her story. I don't even know when I started crying. The truth is I can't risk abortion again even if she doesn't persuade me. I wish all this never all this never happened but theirs absolutely nothing I can do to change what has happened. I guess the 'who impreginated you' discussion will come up later.
End of chapter Nine

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Fijumokesayo nimat158 Ashatoda Temmi001 remiseyi bummybummy missmossy henrykings teamplayey Josiah1150 horlorlardaey bibijay123 skarlett oyinprince abefe99 update is ready

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by remiseyi(m): 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Tgirl085:
Fijumokesayo nimat158 Ashatoda Temmi001 remiseyi bummybummy missmossy henrykings teamplayey Josiah1150 horlorlardaey bibijay123 skarlett oyinprince abefe99 update is ready
ardently following... nice work, the last set of updates took a while tho
Re: Nemesis by bibijay123(f): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=Tgirl085 post=51719352
bibijay123

update is ready
[/quote]

Thank you dear, I have followed the thread, I will join u guys soon. Keep u d good work kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nemesis by ashatoda: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Tgirl085:
Fijumokesayo
nimat158
Ashatoda
Temmi001
remiseyi
bummybummy
missmossy
henrykings
teamplayey
Josiah1150
horlorlardaey
bibijay123
skarlett
oyinprince
abefe99
update is ready
I am not mogbo moya always around my day is incomplete without checking this story. I pity Grandma, but why them na, the guy cant proceed with his education because of his mother's death, the girl cant also because of unwanted pregnancy. This is what some pple call winch at work. Tgirl more no wahala
Re: Nemesis by bummybummy(f): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
Tgirl085:
, tnx 4 d update, nid mre
Re: Nemesis by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
Chapter 10
dedicated to Vivianemerald24
SEUN
Four months ago, if someone told me I'll be in this kind of situation I won't believe. Mum is okay now but she's still mute. Like she can hear what people are saying but can't respond. So she's always with a pen and a writing pad . We are living with the Afolabi's for the main time. We are staying in the boys quarters. Mrs Afolabi is a widow and she has two daughters. The first one is married and strangely I shared a close resemblance with her.The second daughter Jummy is my agemate and she's about to gain admission into unilag. Hmmmmm,talking about my own education I don't even known the next step to take. Waec result have been out since and have not check mine not to talk of obtaining OAU form. Mom's accident has disrupted alot of things in my life. It's only God that can help us. I believe human help can't be forever. The Afolabi's will soon be tired of helping us. (knocks) who is that? It's Jummy. Come in
Bro seun she said smiling. 'Seriously? Must you always put bro before my name' I said frowning. 'Actually you look like all those church brothers, gentle,quiet and cool headed. So your name won't be complete without the bro' she said laughing. 'Na u sabi. So why is the queen in my room today' I asked. 'Queen keh, I'm a princess o, I'm not married yet nah. Actually I came here to call you for dinner she' replied. 'But I've always wanted to ask you this question. You do speak english fluently and the other day when a quiz competition was aired on TV you answered all the question effortlessly even before the contestants. My question is which level do you stop school? Do you finish secondary school? Have you written WASSCE' she asked
'Thanks for your concern. Actually,I've graduated from secondary school and I wrote WASSCE. I also wrote Jamb' I replied. 'Wow, are you serious? what are you doing about your admission' she asked. 'Admission? Nothing I'll write UTME again. This year is gone' I said sadly. 'I'm sorry. I don't know my question will bring back sad memory. I know u've passed through alot, but I believe all this wil become history soon. What doesn't break you will make you stronger' she said.

1 Like

Re: Nemesis by TobeyTobee: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
Seun
Right now I'm in a bus heading to Ibadan. I'm going to my father's house to beg for financial assistance. All this was mummy's idea and I'm against it. What help can a man who divorced his wife of 25 years and neglected his children for about five years offer. I'm very sure the man will do nothing but I pray I'm wrong. I can't just say no to my mum but I already told her, if he shun me or call his security men on me,nothing cab make me accept to ask anything from him again.He even ceased to be my dad. It's better to be fatherless than to have a useless one.I'll sleep over at Ife. Get to my secondary school to collect my WAEC result,certificate and testimonial. I need to tidy up the house too.It seems we will be moving back soon.Mum said she is not comfortable staying in another woman's house. And she don't like being dependent on another person.'You know I made that mistake once and it won't happen again. I trusted your dad so much that even when I graduated from school and he said I don't need to take up a government Job I accepted. It's when the kids don't come early that I forced him to open the shop for me.Assuming I get a job then things won't be like this. God is the ultimate helper.Human help is just for sometimes' she said. Also I need to see Ore and know what's up with her.
Wow, this town has really changed. I pray I don't get lost.
Re: Nemesis by LBmujuni3(f): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
seriously wat happened to this addictive story!?!
i was like totally anchored to it but alas!

pz plz plz continuation!!!!!!!!!! am pitching olive twist lines! i want more and more puleeeeziiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Books On Igbo Culture, Identity, History Etc Expensive. / SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho / The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.