Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies (2949 Views)

Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion / Nairaland Muslims Confess That Islam Is Dying And Christianity Is Gaining / The 'God' Of Christianity Is An Alien Called Enlil. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 8:42am On Jul 01, 2016
YES! Again I am addressing christianity. grin

[size=24pt]WHY THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT CHRISTIANITY[/size]

Christianity is just like a beautiful Lady. Beautiful ladies seem special but the thing about them is there are many of them. Yes, indirectly, there is nothing special about a beautiful lady. There are millions that would substitute her perfectly.

What makes christianity special?

1. Promise of after life. Oh! There are hundreds of other religions that have a promise of after life.

2. Claims of miracles. EVERY religion has claims of miracles even more profound than that of christianity.

3. Proof of after life. People claiming to have seen heaven and Jesus and hell. Well truth is other religions also have people who testify of their own verSion of after life. Even reincarnation has a lot of astonishing testifiers who claim they are reincarnated and they would give you evidences that are real unlike that of those who claim to have been to christian heaven.

4. Morals and doctrines. That is what all traditions are based on. Many religions have very good moral instructions.

5. Spiritual Father. Thousands of religions have spiritual father figures they pray to and believe in his protection and provision.

6. Peace and happiness. Ohhh! So many adherents of other religions have peace and are happy with their lives.

Why do we reject other religions and claim christianity is the best?

When you thinks about it deeply you would realize we are just celebrating vanity, making something common seem special.

It is just the way Lord's Chosen members try to make everyone they meet believe that it's only in Chosen that you will find God.

Everyone is trying to be special

So I throw it open. What else makes your religion the only true way?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by jayriginal: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2016
^^^
HardMirror:

So I throw it open. What else makes your religion the only true way?

Faith.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 11:10am On Jul 01, 2016
jayriginal:
^^^

Faith.
Hundreds of religion are faith based including the popular islam.

1 Like

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2016
Hard Mirror Take M Easy Na When U Go Start To Bash Islam??
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by hahn(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2016
jayriginal:
^^^
Faith.

HardMirror:

Hundreds of religion are faith based including the popular islam.

Actually, ALL religions are based on faith. It takes "faith" to believe a man lives in the sky. It takes faith to believe in ridiculous stories and characters like talking snakes, flying chariots, dragons, unicorns, virgin births and other senseless crap.

There are 33,000+ denominations in Christianity. Jehovah witnesses will guarantee that Redeem members are going to hell because they do not teach the "word of god". Lord's chosen members are cock sure, pun intended, that Christ embassy members are going to hell. Probably because of Oyakhilome's Jerry curl and his wave in this picture

grin

Or maybe, the fact the Jesus' alleged virgin birth. In that case, they should read excerpts from this article

More than twenty claims of this kind - claims of being invested with divine honor (deified) - have come forward and presented themselves at the bar of the world, with their credentials, to contest the verdict of Christendom, in having proclaimed Jesus Christ, "the only son, and sent of God:" twenty Messiahs, Saviors, and Sons of God, according to history or tradition, have in past times, descended from heaven, and taken upon themselves the form of men, clothing themselves with human flesh, and furnishing incontestable evidence of a divine origin, by various miracles, marvelous works, and superlative virtues

And finally these (more than) twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character of the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven:
Adad of Assyria
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece
Alcides of Thebes
Atys of Phrygia
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phoenicia
Bali of Afghanistan
Beddru of Japan
Buddha Sakia of India
Cadmus of Greece
Crite of Chaldea
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam
Divine Teacher of Plato
Fohi and Tien of China
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico
Hesus of Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites
Ischy of the Island of Formosa
Ixion and Quirnus of Rome
Holy One of Xaca
Indra of Tibet
Jao of Nepal
Krishna of Hindostan
Mikado of the Sintoos
Mohammed, or Mahomet, of Arabia
Odin of the Scandinavians
Prometheus of Caucasus
Salivahana of Bermuda
Thammuz of Syria
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls
Wittoba of the Bilingonese
Xamolxis of Thrace
Zoar of the Bonzes
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt
In order to appreciate the comparison that follows, we offer some information about who Horus is and how he fits into Egyptian culture:
P’TAH (Gods of Heaven came to Earth from the Celestial Disk) installed as Egypt’s first Divine Ruler his own son RA and
RA then divided the Egyptian kingdom between the ’gods’...
OSIRIS and SETH who fought over control of the kingdom.
After OSIRIS was killed, resuscitated and resurrected, his place on the throne was taken over by his son...
HORUS, whose mother was ISIS.
Then HORUS was given Upper and Lower Egypt by the Lord of the Earth thus becoming the legitimate heir in the RA-OSIRIS line of succession, establishing that kingship had a perpetual divine connection.
(To understand Egyptian history, one must read Sitchin’s books about the Sumerian civilization and its connection to Egypt.)

Some say that the Christian religion came directly out of the Egyptian religion; at least, it was the probable source of the origins of Christianity. Be it further noted that Zecharia Sitchin in The Lost Realms (page 183), claims that the Sumerian ENKI was the Egyptian P’TAH, the Sumerian MARDUK was the Egyptian RA and NINGISH was the Egyptian THOTH. Now let’s compare the Egyptian HORUS with the Christian JESUS CHRIST.

A List of the similarities between Horus and Jesus:
Horus and the Father are one.
Jesus says, "I and My Father are one. He that seeth Me, seeth Him that sent Me."

Horus is the Father seen in the Son.
Jesus claims to be the Son in whom the Father is revealed.

Horus was the light of the world, the light that is represented by the symbolical eye, the sign of salvation.
Jesus is made to declare that He is the light of the world.

Horus was the way, the truth, the life by name and in person.
Jesus is made to assert that he is the way, the truth, and the life.

Horus was the plant, the shoot, the natzar.
Jesus is made to say: "I am the true vine."

Horus says: It is I who traverse the heaven; I go round the Sekhet-Arru (the Elysian Fields); Eternity has been assigned to me without end. Lo! I am heir of endless time and my attribute is eternity.
Jesus says: " I am come down from Heaven. For this is the will of the Father that everyone who beholdeth the Son and believeth in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (He, too, claims to be lord of eternity.)

Horus says: " I open the Tuat that I may drive away the darkness."
Jesus says: " I am come a light unto the world."

Horus says: I am equipped with thy words O Ra (the father in heaven) (ch.32) and repeat them to those who are deprived of breath. (ch.38). These were the words of the father in heaven.
Jesus says: " The Father which sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. Whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
A comparative list of some pre-existing types to Christianity shows further how these types were brought on in the canonical Gospels and the Book of Revelation:
1. Horus baptized with water by Anup = Jesus Baptized with water by John.
2. Anup, the Baptizer = John the Baptist.
3. Aan, a name of the divine scribe = John the divine scribe.
4. Horus born in Annu, the place of bread = Jesus born in Bethlehem, the house of bread.
5. Horus the Good Shepherd with the crook upon his shoulders = Jesus the Good Shepherd with the lamb or kid upon his shoulder.
6. The Seven on board the boat with Horus = The seven fishers on board the boat with Jesus.
7. Horus as the Lamb = Jesus as the Lamb.
8. Horus as the Lion = Jesus as the Lion.
9. Horus identified with the Tat or Cross = Jesus identified with the Cross.
10. Horus of twelve years = Jesus of twelve years.
11. Horus made a man of thirty years in his baptism = Jesus made a man of thirty years in his baptism.
12. Horus the Krst = Jesus the Christ.
13. Horus the manifesting Son of God = Jesus the manifesting Son of God.
14. The trinity of Atum the Father, Horus the Son, and Ra the Holy Spirit = The trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
15. The first Horus as a child of the Virgin, the second as the Son of Ra = Jesus as the Virgins child, the Christ as Son of the Father.
16. Horus the sower and Set the destroyer in the harvesting = Jesus the sower of the good seed and Satan the sower of tares.
17. Horus carried off by Set to the summit of Mount Hetep = Jesus spirited away by Satan into an exceedingly high mountain.
18. Set and Horus contending on the Mount = Jesus and Satan contending on the Mount.
19. The Star as the announcer of the child Horus = The Star in the East that indicated the birthplace of Jesus.
20. Hours the avenger = Jesus who brings the sword.
21. Horus as Iu-em-Hetep, who comes with peace = Jesus the bringer of peace.
22. Horus the afflicted one = Jesus the afflicted one.
23. Horus as the type of life eternal = Jesus the type of eternal life.
24. Horus as Iu-em-Hetep, the child teacher in the temple = The child Jesus as teacher in the temple.
25. The mummy bandage that was woven without seam =The vesture of Christ without a seam.
26. Twelve followers of Horus as Har-Khutti = Twelve followers of Jesus as the twelve disciples.
27. The revelation written down by Aan (Tehuti) the scribe of divine words = The revelation by John the divine.
28. The saluter Aani, who bears witness to the word of Ra and to the testimony of Horus = John who bears witness to the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
29. The secret of the Mysteries revealed by Taht-Aan = The secret of the Mysteries made known by John.
30. Horus the Morning Star = Jesus the Morning Star.
31. Horus who gives the Morning Star to his followers = Jesus who gives the Morning Star to his followers.
32. The name of Ra on the head of the deceased = The name of the Father written on the forehead.
33. The Paradise of the Pole Star-Am-Khemen = The Holy City lighted by one luminary, that is neither the Sun nor the Moon = the Pole Star.
34. The Har-Seshu, or servants of Horus = The servants of Jesus Christ.
In addition, an extensive excerpt from Comparative Cosmology by Akif Manaf J., Ph.D. is posted here.

Excerpt from Churchward’s Book Of Religion, first published in 1924:
Similarities between Krishna and Christ:
Both are held to be really god incarnate
Both were incarnated and born of a woman
The mother in each case was a holy virgin
The father of each was a carpenter
Both were of royal decent
Each had the title of "Savior"
Both were "without sin"
Both were crucified
Both were crucified between two thieves
Each taught of a great and final day of judgment

Source: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_16.htm

Still on the matter! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by CAPSLOCKED: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
TAKE A BREAK..
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by jayriginal: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

Actually, ALL religions are based on faith. It takes "faith" to believe a man lives in the sky. It takes faith to believe in ridiculous stories and characters like talking snakes, flying chariots, dragons, unicorns, virgin births and other senseless crap.

There are 33,000+ denominations in Christianity. Jehovah witnesses will guarantee that Redeem members are going to hell because they do not teach the "word of god". Lord's chosen members are cock sure, pun intended, that Christ embassy members are going to hell. Probably because of Oyakhilome's Jerry curl and his wave in this picture

grin

Or maybe, the fact the Jesus' alleged virgin birth. In that case, they should read excerpts from this article

You're relatively an old timer. I dont expect you to preach that sermon to me.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by hahn(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
jayriginal:

You're relatively an old timer. I dont expect you to preach that sermon to me.

undecided
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Freiburger(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

There are 33,000+ denominations in Christianity. Jehovah witnesses will guarantee that Redeem members are going to hell because they do not teach the "word of god". Lord's chosen members are cock sure, pun intended, that Christ embassy members are going to hell.

Look, there is no heaven or hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

grin

That is just it. Makes me wonder why they feel other religions are lying even tho they are all based on myths and legends.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by hahn(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Freiburger:

Look, there is no heaven or hell

Too bad grin
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Hard Mirror Take M Easy Na When U Go Start To Bash Islam??

Lol, even a fellow atheist sees the OP is contradicting himself.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Image123:

Do you know what contradict even means?
He was only asking me to spread my love to islam too. Don't be quick to talk when you don't understand what you read.

3 Likes

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Image123(m): 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
HardMirror:

Do you know what contradict even means?

He was only asking me to spread my love to islam too.
Don't be quick to talk when you don't understand what you read.

You contradict your OP which says there's nothing special about Christianity while spending a major part of your life and interactions worried to death about the Christian faith. Don't talk at all so as to reduce the concentration of foolery in the air.

1 Like

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 10:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Image123:

You contradict your OP which says there's nothing special about Christianity while spending a major part of your life and interactions worried to death about the Christian faith. Don't talk at all so as to reduce the concentration of foolery in the air.
Yoiu just love my attention wink
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Immorttal: 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
we were brainwashed thoroughly!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Image123:

Don't Misquote Me Ok
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by CAPSLOCKED: 12:07am On Jul 02, 2016
HardMirror:
Yoiu just love my attention wink

HONESTLY, THE WHOLE UNIVERSE CAN SEE THAT! grin
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by CAPSLOCKED: 12:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Immorttal:
we were brainwashed thoroughly!!!

"THOROUGHLY" IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!
NOTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD CAN QUANTIFY THE LEVEL OF BRAINWASH.

1 Like

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Immorttal: 5:59am On Jul 02, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

"THOROUGHLY" IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

NOTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD CAN QUANTIFY THE LEVEL OF BRAINWASH.
am sure by the next millenium,that joke called religion would have move on and our sons and daughters would agnize how daft their predecessors were.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by donnffd(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2016
Image123:

When you see a certain atheist bash a certain religion constantly, its not because that religion is the so-called right one or special one, its just because that was the religion he was deluded with and obviously knows much if not all about it.

Most atheist here break out from Christianity, its only logical they wud attack christianity(fyi, not christians). If you found an atheist in iraq, i bet you he would attack islam 98% of the time.

Please, stop deluding yourself that your faith is any special

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Image123(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
donnffd:

When you see a certain atheist bash a certain religion constantly, its not because that religion is the so-called right one or special one, its just because that was the religion he was deluded with and obviously knows much if not all about it.

Most atheist here break out from Christianity, its only logical they wud attack christianity(fyi, not christians). If you found an atheist in iraq, i bet you he would attack islam 98% of the time.

Speak for yourself maybe. Most atheists here were NEVER christians in the first place. The uniqueness of the Christian faith continues to haunt unbelievers till eternity, stay there and be licking boils.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Don't Misquote Me Ok

You are not blind, are you? Check what i quoted, i did not misquote you. Your camaraderie should not make you literally blind, should it?
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by cloudgoddess(f): 12:52am On Jul 03, 2016
donnffd:

Absolutely.

I follow a few ex-Muslim atheists on YouTube and guess what religion they criticize 99% of the time? ISLAM. It doesn't take a genius to understand this. It's obvious that Image is just grasping for straws.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 03, 2016
Image123:

Speak for yourself maybe. Most atheists here were NEVER christians in the first place. The uniqueness of the Christian faith continues to haunt unbelievers till eternity, stay there and be licking boils.

Oh really grin
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by braithwaite(m): 6:31am On Jul 03, 2016
[b]

Been busy for a while.. but thanks to cloudgoddess,hard mirror and lot who keep sharing would have bn missing lots of luaghs..

Op you know am just tired and confused why Christians think their religion some kind of precious gem outta thier damn damnation or whatever they believe on...christains are highly sceptical and critical in thier cases, place their religion in a special niche that stands above question and criticism. They often bend over backwards to defend their beliefs and explain away all inconsistencies, while they cherry pick the parts of their religion they, themselves gree with.isn't that a kind of cheat to humanity.. and they keep out the lies.. just to win more souls..

It's like they have this fully equipped toolbox of critical faith and divinity, that they use fluently and skillfully in every relinquishn matters. But they refuse to use these tools on their thinking.which they can't hold their believe structure to the same standards of evidence that they apply elsewhere.

Faith is like a black hole of irrationality, that bends reason around itself. It's like there's an area of their brain where critical thinking is completely suspended. The logic of the believer becomes warped and strange when closing in on the subject of divinity.

And again to that shy believer who's bidding farewell to nairaland..unique04 ....don't be sacred to preach against such scrutiny your religion find itself this days..if your faith doesn't work anymore.. just think.. guess your God shouldn't damn you for such act.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2016
braithwaite:
[b]

Been busy for a while.. but thanks to cloudgoddess,hard mirror and lot who keep sharing would have bn missing lots of luaghs..

Op you know am just tired and confused why Christians think their religion some kind of precious gem outta thier damn damnation or whatever they believe on...christains are highly sceptical and critical in thier cases, place their religion in a special niche that stands above question and criticism. They often bend over backwards to defend their beliefs and explain away all inconsistencies, while they cherry pick the parts of their religion they, themselves gree with.isn't that a kind of cheat to humanity.. and they keep out the lies.. just to win more souls..

It's like they have this fully equipped toolbox of critical faith and divinity, that they use fluently and skillfully in every relinquishn matters. But they refuse to use these tools on their thinking.which they can't hold their believe structure to the same standards of evidence that they apply elsewhere.

Faith is like a black hole of irrationality, that bends reason around itself. It's like there's an area of their brain where critical thinking is completely suspended. The logic of the believer becomes warped and strange when closing in on the subject of divinity.

And again to that shy believer who's bidding farewell to nairaland..unique04 ....don't be sacred to preach against such scrutiny your religion find itself this days..if your faith doesn't work anymore.. just think.. guess your God shouldn't damn you for such act.

[/b]
Off topic. How can we talk offline. Can I send you a PM?
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by braithwaite(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Off topic. How can we talk offline. Can I send you a PM?
yep why not sire
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by Image123(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
SirWere:

Oh really grin

Very true, or do you have reasons to think contrary?
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by jcross19: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Op, you have been opening different thread on this forum , posting out of bitterness . Why can't you come outside by organising a seminar to expose more then people will take you serious than hide under internet posting funny things from atheist sites . Well keep doing the good job okay when time comes you will know what you have done to yourself.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by HardMirror(m): 2:49am On Jul 05, 2016
jcross19:
Op, you have been opening different thread on this forum , posting out of bitterness . Why can't you come outside by organising a seminar to expose more then people will take you serious than hide under internet posting funny things from atheist sites . Well keep doing the good job okay when time comes you will know what you have done to yourself.
You mean the atheist sites you created? Smh
I am posting out of my experience.
No wahala so far you mean God dealing with me no problem. I am more scared of people than God.
Re: Who are the real Fools, Christianity Is Just One Of MANY Beautiful Ladies by jcross19: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

You mean the atheist sites you created? Smh
I am posting out of my experience.
No wahala so far you mean God dealing with me no problem. I am more scared of people than God.
more genuine and genius atheists took their campaign more serious , and took it too far but till today their works is forgotten and all their wisdom perished with them and still mysteries behind God still continue. So continue sire and you shall go where your ancestors went to while God still continue.

(1) (Reply)

Christians,was The Gospel Account Of Matthew Divinely Inspired? / Are Real Christian Higher Than The Angels Of God. / How Prophets Pray In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.