Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? (82145 Views)

Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember / See What Was Shared As Souvenir At A Yoruba Party And Reactions / A White Man Marrying A Yoruba Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Ezegozie(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:
At least, in a Yoruba party you go chop belleful. Shey awon omo igbo go allow person carry the money wey dem spray go house? undecided

Bros you too funny.
Make I hear say they allow you carry #20 go home.

I am 100%, but I no-go lie you, for this APC regime, I prefer Yoruba party, at least no how, no how, I go chop belleful because food too cost nowadays.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by semitunde: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
prettyslimme:
am inviting u to my wedding,13th of.aug.am yoruba and my boo is too.ull not be disappointed wt all uve heard.

Venue?
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by ahamonyeka(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
prettyslimme:
its beta I treat my guest well with borrowed mony if I must hv a party.dan starve.my guest cos of stinginess.face it even igbos dt re very wealthy re bad at hospitality.not bn tribalistic but hv attended a lot of igbo parties and I must say I was dissapointed.but attend a yoruba function even an average yporuba and ull go home filled.
so is better you please your guest and displeased yourself right?ok o odikwanma like that.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by bizza45: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
I made a promise I will never attend any Igbo party again , d last party I went to was a disaster , d m.c came only to praise d chief and d titled men around there nothing else , d food nko Na rubbish, it seems they counted d no of rice they will put in your plate and meat was like d penis of a 6months boy, d girls wey dey attend people were rude, dem they look face b4 them attend to u , dem even bounce my friend wey invite me come and I had to give him mine, Durning time for drinks dem carry all d wine give to d VIPs wey dey spray money come give us can malt, I want laugh die that day...
when they started giving presents to d celebrant, e go check e weight of your envelope then e go know d kin souvenir e go give u, if d is light , he will give u a spoon or plastic cup , if it's heavy u will get a bowl or umbrella , dem come dey form click for party ,after giving d celebrant my own envelope I come tell guy your party is 4ckedup

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by ahamonyeka(m): 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
daygee12:
they spray borrowed money in party after they drink garri
really?
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Once again,nairaland is an open forum,you don't tell people to post or not to post their opinions on a thread irrespective of your feelings. However,if you must quote others,you can do so constructively without hurling insults in a bid to counter opinions.
Even at that,you've not been able to counter my submission effectively other than making heated verbal attacks.
Op made the post to elicit general opinion. Igbos are interested in spraying money vs Yorubas are more interested in feeding guests.
It's a pity that a picture threatned you and your tribal E war kins.
Yorubas spray money too and I believe that trend was started by them.

What we can see so far is that the Yorubas spray money at parties and overfeed their guest, while the igbos spray money at parties but starve themselves all in the name of forming "I ate at home before coming, so am too big to eat here".

Is a party not supposed to be a feast of merriment? But you guys think it's just a gathering where you show money. That means banks are also party halls cos people go there to show money.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by saintdennis(m): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
bignero:

sorry man...even ibos are amongst these people we normally call touts and omoniles....In other words i used a phrase to coin a concept or idea

juju is a yoruber word, which has been adopted into the english dictionay and now used GLOBALLY used to discribe a type of black magic angry

am smart afterall cool

Lols

Igbos? Omonile? In lagos? Pictures or ahdonbilivit!
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by bebe2(f): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
sukkot:
Abeg send me the address. na moss side ? abi na cheetham hill ?

Bury new Rd and longsight cool
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Stillfire: 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nigerian parties are typically disorganized. We still need to learn a thing or two about 'following an agenda'. Nevertheless, Yoruba parties ARE THE BEST in Nigeria, everyone knows this. OP is just being silly. Igbo parties? angry angry angry angry I have been to one too many out of family duties. Now you will have to bind me hand and foot to go there. It is a money making venture, not a party. A party is where you have fun, eat, dance and be entertained. But my igbo people, they can ask you to pay for water to drink. What is a party if you can't get the food and music right? shocked Tufiakwa. Bloody hell. I always say that they should put an embargo on Igbo 'caterers' making Jollof rice or fried rice. Most of the time, it sucks. I cannot stand it. They should stick to their traditional meals. That is the only meal they can get right. I always leave Igbo parties very very angry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lastpage: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
examhall3:
Yes!
Dem like food eeh

But Igbo boys no dey use eye see money go use dem Mama do money ritual... just to form "Big Boy"

Lastpage!

BTW: happy people love to eat their own food...... go find out.
Thats why S/West Nigeria remains the best place to live within Nigeria.... no wonder "EMPTY" Ekene Dilli Chukwu to the East, always come back FULL, to Lagos!
undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by notoriousbabe: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
chachanga:

Madam Noto, is u be dis?

it haff tey'd

I hail o grin grin, ur head dey there bam bam!
na mods dey hammer me with ban o
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cooluc(f): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
vicadex07:
both are yoruba weddings... look closely at their attires
They are not both yoruba. I know that wedding of two igbo couple
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by sukkot: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
bebe2:

Bury new Rd and longsight cool
oh daz wassup although i gotta tell ya, england naija party food is wack as hell. the ones in naija naija is cooked a special kinda way with those big black agbari ojukwu pots and with wood that makes it taste different
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lastpage: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Yorubas spray money too and I believe that trend was started by them.

What we can see so far is that the Yorubas spray money at parties and overfeed their guest, while the igbos spray money at parties but starve themselves all in the name of forming "I ate at home before coming, so am too big to eat here".

Is a party not supposed to be a feast of merriment? But you guys think it's just a gathering where you show money. That means banks are also party halls cos people go there to show money.

I disagree!

I have gone to many Igbo parties and hunger will prolly kill you if you have not eaten from home!

They serve Kolanut, ground nut, and some other cheap nuts!
You'll be lucky if they even offer you cold water..... for free. angry angry

Look, its not a party they have, its just a "gathering".

A "PARTY" is fun, excitement, food, dance and drinks.......... thats Yoruba party in summary.

OWAMBE ...means "fun dey there"
kiss kiss kiss

Lastpage!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lastpage: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

He was tryin to say na Igbo get money pass.
My friend chijioke couldn't do naming ceremony of his new born, he made us wait for three months before he shared cabin biscuits and sweet.
So pathetic!
No sane Omo Odua dares such horrific st.upidy.
The moment i give birth, i'll invite the whole Nl'ders to come and celebrate with me, by putting on correct laces, golds, shoes, gele & agbada and eating varieties from Amala, efo riro to asorted meats, and catfishes.
Click like if you reject celerating your new born after 3 months with buscuits and sweet.
#Proudly Ijebu, omo alare.

Eweesooo! owo-alare, e'ju noo! grin grin grin

You wan take laugh kill persin here! cheesy cheesy
Your friend Chijoke dey reserve the money for "spraying", abeg follow chop im "pako biscuit" in the name of love!
shocked

Lastpage!

#Rep Ijebu to the core....

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by YourNemesis: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
lastpage:

Eweesooo! owo-alare, e'ju noo! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

#Rep Ijebu to the core....

So you are Ijebu.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by bignero: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols

Igbos? Omonile? In lagos? Pictures or ahdonbilivit!

u probably dont stay in lagos...there was a time perharps till date the chaiman or chief of abgeros in oshodi was an igbo boy

ive been in a bus where the person taxing the driver and conductor was an igbo person
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by lastpage: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
YourNemesis:

So you are Ijebu.

A million times-over!

Even Jesus na Ijebu, confirm! grin grin

But honestly, Ijebu are miles apart, even amongst Yorubas.

Ibo people nor dey fear but when dem hear "Ijebu"...... na to begin shake like shakespear! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by sweetgala(m): 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
tysontim:
For those that says that this is not Igbo wedding, check this thread were the picture is taken from and see the truth. You'll also see many pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/3114398/money-sprayed-couple-traditional-wedding

An igbo wedding and yet I see no red caps or igbo women in trad igbo attire. This looks more like a Kogi or kwara Yoruba engagement sef

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by scholes0(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Chaaaiiiii

This has to be the mot classic example of thread Backfire I have ever seen.
The original intent of the OP was to make fun of Yoruba people and stoke the ego of his Igbo brethren by portraying them as "rich", forgetting that the Yorubas are actually the ones who first started money 'spraying' at parties, and that there is also a difference between being actually rich, and classless show off. That was why after his caption of the photo, he included the laughing emoticons, as if to say "see difference in class".

Unfortunately for him, his thread backfired on his own head and he ended up leading the Igbos in an online dance of shame.
SMH.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Danfuster(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
cooluc:

ok.... So where are the red caps, hats on judge. All I see are Yoruba attire and ofí cap

Or they're not just not proud enough to rock the Igbo attire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by sweetgala(m): 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Every girl prostituting in Italy claims to be from Edo just like every drug related man claims Igbo and every thief in Nigeria answers a christian name.

No , actually most of the prostitutes in Italy are from Edo, a great multitude of drug dealers are igbo however the thief religion is determined by region. SW have a mix of both, SE and SS are christian and North is Muslim
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by bebe2(f): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
sukkot:
oh daz wassup although i gotta tell ya, england naija party food is wack as hell. the ones in naija naija is cooked a special kinda way with those big black agbari ojukwu pots and with wood that makes it taste different

Forget oo

Depends on who cooked it.

Some party foods here are to die for.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Icon79(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
To me, Yoruba parties are da bomb. First, you can eat to your heart's content. And in addition, their girls naturally don't wear underwear, so you can always gbensh (a quickie) in your car during the party and keep moving on...she can't even ask for your name sef grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Once again,nairaland is an open forum,you don't tell people to post or not to post their opinions on a thread irrespective of your feelings. However,if you must quote others,you can do so constructively without hurling insults in a bid to counter opinions.
Even at that,you've not been able to counter my submission effectively other than making heated verbal attacks.
Op made the post to elicit general opinion. Igbos are interested in spraying money vs Yorubas are more interested in feeding guests.
It's a pity that a picture threatned you and your tribal E war kins.

Can you point to where I directly hurl insult at you?

Stop stressing already. My submission was clear and that's basically, Yorubas are well known for spraying more and satisfying their guess.
You can't take that away from them, and that being said doesn't mean that I have issues with ibos wasting their money in the name of party.

Not every body must worship money and see spraying money at parties as a justification of being wealthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thobiy:
E pain am. FOOL
mehn i didnt mean 2...
I wanted to quote a guy u quoted, wen discovered it ws u, it ws 2 late....
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by pablus: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
who is who? both pics have people in Yoruba outfits na. so much food, too much fake money.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by piagetskinner(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Yoruba parry anytime mehn...

C how people have turned this harmless topic into a tribal e- war!!

Shame
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
Malawian:

about your food seeking heart, even the "small food" you claim they serve at Igbo parties, dont you notice that most igbos dont even finish the plate as they are already full before comming to the party. unlike you Yoruba that will fall 3 plates, yet still having that murderous eyes about you each time a server passes by without dropping one for you.

Yimu. The people I met at the igbo parties I went for finished their plates ooo - and when they could, they asked for more.

I only recently started going for Igbo parties sometimes last year (work people), and have come to form an impression about them. The only food available is always rice and it is served in miserable portions (with tiny pieces of meat) - on plastic plates! Alcohol is also served in plastic cups. Also, it seems like you need to know someone for you to get food and drinks. The M.Cs talk too much (and can be pretty rude to the celebrants - but no one seemed to notice), and the ceremonies generally seemed disorganized to me. Then the outfits people wore to the parties - some like they just rolled out of bed, others were downright atrocious. Its like even the families of the celebrants don't even make an effort to dress in proper attires. Less I forget, there were no proper arrangements for music at the parties I went for - poor sound quality, no live bands, and it seemed like the DJs are always confused.

I guess its just a cultural orientation anyway. A yoruba party is about pure hospitality. In every party I know of, asides from the celebrants, even their friends and other family members would also bring food, hence the reason you see multiple caterers at yoruba parties. Nobody would insult you that you can to eat - you are actually expected to show up to rejoice, and have a great time + its considered an embarassment if you run out of food before dark.

I suppose if we had the same orientation as Igbos that you wont get food to eat, we would also eat from home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cooluc(f): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Danfuster:

ok.... So where are the red caps, hats on judge. All I see are Yoruba attire and ofí cap

Some times they might choose not to..
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by vicadex07(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
cooluc:
I know the wedding too and they are both Yoruba. Infact I was there...
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cooluc(f): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Danfuster:

The lady is from umuaka in Imo state..probably they decided that outfit is what they want who knows.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why The Delta Bride Ran From The Wedding Reception - Close Friend / Helen Ukpabio Buries Her Father With A Pawpaw Shaped Coffin In Akwa Ibom(photos) / Lady's Cleave-Baring Outfit To Ehi Ogbebor's Wedding Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.