Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,500 members, 7,801,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? - Events (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? (82096 Views)

Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember / See What Was Shared As Souvenir At A Yoruba Party And Reactions / A White Man Marrying A Yoruba Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by vicadex07(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
cooluc:
They are not both yoruba. I know that wedding of two igbo couple
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by vicadex07(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
cooluc:
They are not both yoruba. I know that wedding of two igbo couple
I know the wedding too and they are both Yoruba. Infact I was there...
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by cooluc(f): 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
vicadex07:

I know the wedding too and they are both Yoruba. Infact I was there...
Ummm sure there is a mix up..that wedding took place at umuaka imo state on 14th may 2016 her name is Nneka..it was tagged nikky weds lulu dear.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Icon79(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
The last time I went to a Yoruba party, it was at Festac side, I gbenshed 3 different girls before the night was over. And none of them even asked for my phone number, talk less of asking for money. gosh, they even thank me for the job grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by vicadex07(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
cooluc:

Ummm sure there is a mix up..that wedding took place at umuaka imo state on 14th may 2016 her name is Nneka..it was tagged nikky weds lulu dear.

point me in the direction of anyone wearing igbo attire in the whole pics. Even the husband and his friends on the nearby table are wearing Yoruba caps. Their is a man backing the camera wearing full yoruba agbada.

Look particularly at those in the red circle...

Why do you need to lie to make a silly point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Oliviaxx(f): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
saintdennis:

Yea every part of me is working @ 100%...

Now do yourself a favour and don't quote me again. I try not to diss females.

Funny...by all means; do that....keep in mind that hatred consumes you from the inside. Goodnight
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Icon79:
The last time I went to a Yoruba party, it was at Festac side, I gbenshed 3 different girls before the night was over. And none of them even asked for my phone number, talk less of asking for money. gosh, they even thank me for the job grin

At one night?
Hahahahahahaha

NL, where anything can happen.. grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by ihearYou(m): 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
I like d Yoruba version better. D money no be ur own,and it can never get into ur hand/pocket,but d food will most definitely get into ur plate and mouth.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Twistaray:

At one night?
Hahahahahahaha

He may have fuc'ked 1 girl, not three cheesy
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
CFCman:

He may have fuc'ked 1 girl, not three cheesy

Oh really, you are doing the talking on his behalf now.

No pilooblemuu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by centboy123456(m): 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
omoharry:
I have attended several Igbo parties and that of the Yoruba..To be honest..Abeg i prefer the yoruba party..food, meat and drinks are readily available..food is usually not sufficient in Igbo party like that becos they must have invested that money on other things to show of at the party such as expensive wines and alcohols.so you will drink enough sha.but food is usally not in abudance.as for meat..just know that you are eating your rice with either a small meat or a largh chunk that looks like meat but is filled up with bones....abeg i prefer the yoruba owambe..i always come back happy and satisfied whenever i embark on any owambe than the other one..i am not a yoruba person so i know what i am talking about..

Wow guy u got 606 liks wow I have never seen it before nta must hear dis
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
vicadex07:

point me in the direction of anyone wearing igbo attire in the whole pics. Even the husband and his friends on the nearby table are wearing Yoruba caps. Their is a man backing the camera wearing full yoruba agbada.

Look particularly at those in the red circle...

Why do you need to lie to make a silly point

Bro chillax, while I do agree that the attires worn in that picture are Yoruba attires, This picture actually surfaced on the internet sometime last year via Linda Ikeji's blog,and the Blog claimed that the wedding took place in Imo state.Its however suprising to see virtually everyone in the pic wearing Yoruba attires.But if the lady says she knows them,give her the benefit of doubt and just bone the ish.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by centboy123456(m): 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
KnightRod:
Lol.. I'm Igbo, but I don't attend Igbo parties/functions anymore.. It ain't fun.. They do too much talking, the food is scarce, the meat is petty, and don't even let me talk about the drinks..

Igbo men have this hungry ego.. They always want to feel above their peers. My dad once changed 100k to dollars, just to spray his friend's daughter at her wedding.. Why?? Just because Others were spraying naira and he wanted to show them they don't call him 'Chief' for nothing

But some folks have not even taken as little as a bottle of coke at the wedding, and they were watching people spray dollars and naira on their empty stomachs.

But a yoruba party is always dah bomb!! You must eat to your satisfaction! Assorted food.. Assorted drinks.. Even ordinary naming ceremony.. They don't joke with the food.. They make sure it's available for everyone!!

Then the colourful attires.. Lol.. Really nice.

changed 100k to dollars. Are u sure of what u are saying are u telling us the true cuz I can see some liers here oh
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by vicadex07(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Bro chillax, while I do agree that the attires worn in that picture are Yoruba attires, This picture actually surfaced on the internet sometime last year via Linda Ikeji's blog,and the Blog claimed that the wedding took place in Imo state.Its however suprising to see virtually everyone in the pic wearing Yoruba attires.But if the lady says she knows them,give her the benefit of doubt and just bone the ish.

bloggers are the most notorious liars ever and that lady I just quoted just corroborated the lie out of ethnic sentiments.

She has not replied me since I last quoted her coshe ahe knows she is lying. If she had said it was an igbo wedding in lagos, then I would have given the story a benefit of doubt but to claim they are in a wedding in Imo state and all of the guests plus celebrants are wearing Yoruba attire is a blatant lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Twistaray:

Oh really, you are doing the talking on his behalf now.

No pilooblemuu cheesy
Lmao...

There is no way he would do three girls in one night, even if na machine grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 12:09am On Jul 02, 2016
CFCman:

Lmao...

There is no way he would do three girls in one night, even if na machine grin

That's to say,the dude dey lie lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Twistaray:

That's to say,the dude dey lie lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin

You no know? cheesy

BTW, I went to a baby shower hosted by an Igbo couple (I'm Igbo too). The 'party' only lasted for 3 hours, from 11am to 2pm. I can't imagine a Yoruba dude enjoying that kain party cheesy
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Icon79(m): 12:24am On Jul 02, 2016
Twistaray:

At one night?
Hahahahahahaha

Trust me, I ain't lying to you. One was a 3some (two girls with me), but I gbenshed both of them in the same room....with lights on too.

The secret is odeku (Big Stout aka Guinness lager). Once you fill yourself up with odeku, you can go all night long...try it and see, you'll thank me later grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Icon79:

Trust me, I ain't lying to you. One was a 3some (two girls with me), but I gbenshed both of them in the same room....with lights on too.

The secret is odeku (Big Stout aka Guinness lager). Once you fill yourself up with odeku, you can go all night long...try it and see, you'll thank me later grin

Oh really?

OK, I will consider your homemade, NL torĂ­ grin
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Twistaray(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2016
CFCman:

You no know? cheesy

BTW, I went to a baby shower hosted by an Igbo couple (I'm Igbo too). The 'party' only lasted for 3 hours, from 11am to 2pm. I can't imagine a Yoruba dude enjoying that kain party cheesy

Funny enough I hate parties. But, anyway, you can't take that away from yoruba people cheesy
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by notoriousbabe: 12:27am On Jul 02, 2016
Igbos largely organise parties as a form of investment and to show off,with little or no food at all but drinks for selected people, while Yorubas organise parties to celebrate,eat,drink and enjoy themselves with their guests. Checkout the way they cut their meats.

I have been to so many parties of Yorubas and Igbos I know what I am saying and if you are sincere to yourself you know it too.

The too are incomparable,the difference is crystal clear.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Fash20: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2016
Berlyn:
ndi igbo kwenu grin grin ndi ofe nmanu know no pass jellof rice and fish with semo grin embarassed tongue
it went that way I tried to catch it but I couldn't. I mean your Bra!n

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by chachanga: 1:29am On Jul 02, 2016
notoriousbabe:
na mods dey hammer me with ban o
dem

Haba, why dem go wan dey toast their Auntie agemate nah? U pass dem level jarey!

E be like dere's a silent war against all the fun on this forum, walahi!

Nor worry, I hear say we go soon get LIKE & HATE Buttons to Promote or Vote MODS da furkk out of NL very soon. Seun don dey think am. Make e hurry up; e get like 2 wey I dey target how dem go return to Job Seeker Section!
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by chachanga: 1:49am On Jul 02, 2016
Ngokafor:

...You make sense..both parties are actually extreme and makes no sense

..Crass display of wealth on one hand and extreme glutton on the other hand[b](the cry for food is really deafening)[/b]

Laughed so hard at the Bolded grin grin;
I kept remembering Orwellian "Animal Farm" scenes, bleating sheep, mooing cows, cawing and cooing poultry all hollering "Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad"! just classic cheesy!
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Thobiy(m): 3:23am On Jul 02, 2016
Nzeokafor:
mehn i didnt mean 2...
I wanted to quote a guy u quoted, wen discovered it ws u, it ws 2 late....
Ok
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Fugazi: 5:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Later, Ibos will say Yorubas make money to spend on owambe. Useless people, always shooting themselves in the foot.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Fugazi: 5:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Braintouch:

Not true, sir. The other is was an Igbo party held in my state. Although, I still prefer Yoruba party because they don't discriminate when they dish out food, unlike Igbos who would show off first before attending to people.
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/05/check-out-all-money-sprayed-on-this.html?m=1

Ibos are now dressing like Yorubas na wa.
Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Stuntkid172(m): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2016
showlex2:
Money spraying
thanks mehn

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2016
omoharry:
I have attended several Igbo parties and that of the Yoruba..To be honest..Abeg i prefer the yoruba party..food, meat and drinks are readily available..food is usually not sufficient in Igbo party like that becos they must have invested that money on other things to show of at the party such as expensive wines and alcohols.so you will drink enough sha.but food is usally not in abudance.as for meat..just know that you are eating your rice with either a small meat or a largh chunk that looks like meat but is filled up with bones....abeg i prefer the yoruba owambe..i always come back happy and satisfied whenever i embark on any owambe than the other one..i am not a yoruba person so i know what i am talking about..
ok you re not yoruba but you have said the absolutely true.
I am igbo and what you said is true. Yoruba boys(young and old) would saved huge amount of money just to make sure that their party is classic and everyone is satisfy.
But igbo party, your name na sorry if you no bring food come from house.

So in conclusion, yoruba party eat,drink and be happy while the igbo party is spraying money and behaving like big boys while others go hunger.

#yorubapartisdabomb.wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:42am On Jul 02, 2016
Fugazi:
Later, Ibos will say Yorubas make money to spend on owambe. Useless people, always shooting themselves in the foot.
you don't need to called them useless. Cos I know we re not useless bro.
Actually this statement re two ways coins. It maybe true or false. I ve seen a danfo bus driver in lagos, after all the money he has saved from his danfo business within a year. He impregnated a girl and didn't get married to the girl but wants to do iko omo(naming ceremony)/owambe. If you see how much this guy spend in that party just to satisfied everyone present in the party, you go marvel. You won't believe all this danfo driver sleeping at the garage and their homes have such money to spend on a party.

Yoruba party is the best with assorted meat and foods. I love their meats especially.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by Fugazi: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2016
EZENDDIGBO:
you don't need to called them useless. Cos I know we re not useless bro.
Actually this statement re two ways coins. It maybe true or false. I ve seen a danfo bus driver in lagos, after all the money he has saved from his danfo business within a year. He impregnated a girl and didn't get married to the girl but wants to do iko omo(naming ceremony)/owambe. If you see how much this guy spend in that party just to satisfied everyone present in the party, you go marvel. You won't believe all this danfo driver sleeping at the garage and their homes have such money to spend on a party.

Yoruba party is the best with assorted meat and foods. I love their meats especially.

Nice to see you recollecting stories from Iboland. Ibo men that'd go to malaysia to deal drugs just to spray money in weddings and spend it on ashewo Imo university girls nko? Abeg swerve.

Yes, Yorubas do Owambe and everyone enjoys and love it cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Difference Between An Igbo Party And A Yoruba Party? by prettyslimme(f): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

If you consider it a sermon then what's the essence of responding to it? Nairaland is an open forum,
i saw an interesting post and decided to post my opinion which is insightful and not intended to cause division or elicit unintelligent replies from folks like you!
There is no inferiority complex in explaining why Igbos take to spraying money at parties as against Yoruba's love for food. They are two different lifestyles which shouldn't be pitted against each other.
Take your childish remarks elsewhere! Some of you respond foolishly to people's comments!
and u fail to realise dt the people spraying money are the invited.guests not d organiser of d party.dt shows hw selfish igbo can be at organising parties.I dont get how ull organise a party without enuff food just drinks and xpect ur guests to still spray you money on empty stomachs,dts crazy dont u think.Yoruba.loves food u say,show.me.someone who doesnt,and try to attend any yoruba party and ull realise both food and money spraying are in abundance

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why The Delta Bride Ran From The Wedding Reception - Close Friend / Helen Ukpabio Buries Her Father With A Pawpaw Shaped Coffin In Akwa Ibom(photos) / Lady's Cleave-Baring Outfit To Ehi Ogbebor's Wedding Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.