Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. (10647 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / "My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
HaneefahRN:

You sound so selfish and ridiculous. Talking like the man is the main victim here. She was raped and you feel she should be fine with being cheated on too. God help women. Smh .

Call me anything selfish or whatever. I only told you what I felt about it. You peeps just want to people to post book solutions here. That is good I stated reality from a man's view. Whichever way you look at humans are generally selfish.

cococandy:
Listen to yourself. So she was raped and you think she should also be fine with being cheated on. SMH.
I have listened to myself several times and i mean what i have said. I will rather die than watch a movie like that.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
The problem with us (most)nigerians is that we bottle things up because we have to be strong. God forbid they be caught dead in a therapist' office. You and your husband need to see a therapist....and no sane therapist will advise you to start having sex now. You need to heal your body mind spirit. You will need to recall that incident again and again with your therapist until you get over the disgust. You will need to talk about your feelings before , during and after the incident..my point is you and your husband would have to face the fear and anger ( which i think you both are hiding without even knowing. Alot of bottled up emotions waiting to be released) that came with that incident

Please seek help from a professional and don't act like things should be okay or go back to normal...cos it wont, atleast not yet. FACE THE PROBLEM TO GET SOLUTIONS

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
HaneefahRN:

You sound so selfish and ridiculous. Talking like the man is the main victim here. She was raped and you feel she should be fine with being cheated on too. God help women. Smh .

Call me anything selfish or whatever. I only told you what I felt about it. You peeps just want people to post book solutions here. That is good, I stated reality from a man's view. Whichever way you look at it, humans are generally selfish.

cococandy:
Listen to yourself. So she was raped and you think she should also be fine with being cheated on. SMH.
I have listened to myself several times and i mean what i have said.

I will rather die than watch a movie like that. You people feel the man too does not have feelings.

The man has to be psychologically okay to behave appropriately and accordingly and that is the simple truth.

He is not made from wood.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by bukatyne(f): 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

You don't understand. I'm not selfish, it is psychological. Guys with rubbish dicks take turns on you with your husband watching.

OK, how long will it take you to sleep with your husband after you learnt he had a foursome with prostitutes?
Will you bleep him the next day?

It is not understandable.

The husband feels trauma and needs time to heal, yes. To turn to other women outside will be extremely ridiculous at this point. I will wonder if he sent the robbers initially.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by bukatyne(f): 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:
[Yes, i talk normal with him. He do call me on phone whenever he's at work. He smiles with me, we eat together. But in bed he refuses to touch me. He backs me when sleeping. I don't really want sex. That's not my aim. My husband is a man who enjoys sex I was afraid that if I don't give it to him, he might get it somewhere else. That was why I demanded for sex and I was surprised when he refuses. Sometimes he would lie in the bed with eyes open thinking. Whenever I woke up to see him awake I'll asked him what the matter was he will tell me nothing happened he just don't feel sleepy. I feel guilty. If not for the sake of my daughter I would have asked for divorce so I can stay out of his life and let him have a new life.

Divorce Ke? Na wa for you o!

That said, it is obvious your husband is still reliving the terrible event. What pains him is the next thing to decipher.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
bukatyne:

It is not understandable.

The husband feels trauma and needs time to heal, yes. To turn to other women outside will be extremely ridiculous at this point. I will wonder if he sent the robbers initially.

Turning to other ladies outside is not acceptable to me either.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:
My name is Gift Anthony (Real name withheld) I am in me early 30s, I got married three years ago and we are blessed with a girl-child. MY husband is a business man while I am a secondary school teacher in a private school. My husband is a man who enjoys sex and would want to have sex three times a week. I have never denied him sex whenever he demands for it. Early this year some unknown gun men stormed our area, they entered people's houses and made away with their belongings. They entered our house and ordered us (me, my husband and my daughter) to lie on the floor. One of them was pointing gun at us and told us he will shoot if we shout or get up. Others entered the rooms and started searching for money and other valuables. They made away with our money and my jewelries. On coming out of the room about going, one of them who acted as their leader ordered me to remove my clothes, I refused and he threaten to shoot my husband. so I did. He asked me to lie on the floor and wanted to have sex with me i refused him. He told me if I don't cooperate that he was going to shoot my husband. I was afraid and I lay on the floor and allowed him have his way. When he was done, the next person had his own. After that, they returned my jewelries and made away with the money. The next morning my husband told me to go to a hospital for test/treatment which I did. I was tested of HIV/AIDS and STD the results were all negative. But since that incident, my husband has refused to have sex with me. He's always giving me excuses. Is either he's tired from the day activities or he's not in the mood. I don't know what to do. I've gone for counselling. Please I need your advice. Thanks

I am back to talk objectively on the main scene in this post.

Quite frankly the op made a mistake. She made it for love as stated in the post.
Did your husband ask you to open your legs for touts? You willingly allowed those riff raffs have their way without ur husband's consent.

Not every man at that scene will understand the sacrifice you made because there was no mutual agreement between you two on what happened. You decided too.

The job of your husband amongst other things is to protect his family. He never gave you that mandate even at the cost of his life. How dare you open your legs without your husband's telling you to?

What makes you think that your husband is not even thinking that you just wanted to have fun?

The husband is mandated to protect his family which includes making the right decisions even at the cost of his life to achieve this.

There was a similar incidence in my area in Festac when I was growing up. According to the report, the woman was even moaning to the jerks of the touts.

That event ended her 6 yrs old marriage as her relationship with her husband broke until they finally divorced.

I will not open my eyes and watch touts ride my wife without telling her to do so. I will rather die.

I have an obligation to protect my wife even at the cost of life.

I am not perturbed by what anyone says about the man been unfair after the wife was raped because of him.

The man had the Final say even at gun point and since the woman gave in ignorantly, she has a lot job to do to win her man back

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lmao @mutual agreement at gun point grin

Robber: woman i must have sex with you

Wife answers robber: "wait let me ask my husband. Wife turns to her husband and asks "babe, you okay with this or you wanna show them the stuff you are made of"

Husband: "naa sugar, you gat this. I will leave you to make the decision"

You are trying to make sense man but I swear you are failing at it and cut that crap of "i know you people dont wanna hear this". You have overused that line

3 Likes

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by bukatyne(f): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

Quite frankly the op made a mistake. She made it for love as stated in the post.
Did your husband ask you to open your legs for touts? You willingly allowed those riff raffs have their way without ur husband's consent.

Not every man at that scene will understand the sacrifice you made because there was no mutual agreement between you two on what happened. You decided too.

The job of your husband amongst other things is to protect his family. He never gave you that mandate even at the cost of his life. How dare you open your legs without your husband's telling you to?

What makes you think that your husband is not even thinking that you just wanted to have fun?

The husband is mandated to protect his family which includes making the right decisions even at the cost of his life to achieve this.

There was a similar incidence in my area in Festac when I was growing up. According to the report, the woman was even moaning to the jerks of the touts.

That event ended her 6 yrs old marriage as her relationship with her husband broke until they finally divorced.

I will not open my eyes and watch touts ride my wife without telling her to do so. I will rather die.

I am not perturbed by what anyone says about the man been unfair after the wife was raped because of him.

The man had the Final say even at gun point and since the woman gave in ignorantly, she has a lot job to do to win her man back

You are not objective here.

If the husband felt this way, why didn't he close his wife's legs and jump in front of the gun? Or while the wife was crying and stripping, why didn't order her to stand up and say he was willing to die?

The event is over now you are here saying she shouldn't have bla bla bla.

Fear God oga.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by HaneefahRN(f): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

You are not normal. And I pity any woman that ends up with you .

She should have asked him, please can they rape me? He will then say 'yes', allow them.

He should have even taken the gun from them and shoot himself if he felt so strongly about it.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
bukatyne:

You are not objective here.

If the husband felt this way, why didn't he close his wife's legs and jump in front of the gun? Or while the wife was crying and stripping, why didn't order her to stand up and say he was willing to die?

The event is over now you are here saying she shouldn't have bla bla bla.

Fear God oga.

I am very sure you have very little understanding about marriage institution and moreover you didn't read my post objectively but sentimentally.

The truth remains as it is the woman has a job to do to make her husband warm up to her.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by SWITANN(f): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ioannes:

Well didn't you read the part where she wrote that she had already gotten help?

According to her she's seen a counsellor and she's ready to move on, but the husband is yet to come to terms with the fact that he couldn't protect his wife and so he needs help too.

Hope you get it.

OH okay then.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by bukatyne(f): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

I am very sure you have very little understanding about marriage institution and moreover you didn't read my post objectively but sentimentally.

The truth remains as it is the woman has a job to do to make her husband warm up to her.

I know nothing about the marriage institution and a lot about mine wink and I read your post objectively.

Anyways, whatever rocks your boat.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by thorpido(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Arielle:

You're wondering if most nigerian men are selfish? Wonder no more. Read this thread and add conceited, entitled, cruel and immature. A wife is there for his convenience. God forbid that he should put self aside to comfort the woman who actually suffered the rape. Reading the comments here leave me disgusted. And very sad. Even from a Nairalander I had respect for. Thank God I have sons. I pray I raise them different from all these 'men'. If I had daughters I'd encourage them to find husbands far from these shores.
They are both traumatised,the woman more physically and the husband more mentally.However,it seems the husband is getting more attention here because he seems not to be recovering from the incident like the woman has.
She appears from her posts to have gotten over it to a great extent which is commendable.Yes,she still needs all the help she can get to make a total recovery but her husband seems to need more help here.

Perhaps women underestimate men's pain because they hardly cry but there are situations that turn some men to babies,not because they are babies but because they can't deal when such situations come.
The man needs help and the lady too to put things back together.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Askseek(f): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

Are you for real
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Droyal(f): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

I don't wish this OP's situation even for my worst enemy

I just hope nairalanders are not people we meet everyday

Did I see the mutual, gave in ignorantly, Willingly allowed, and hubby had final say and she didn't seek his consent about it even at gun point.

To crown it all she has to WIN HIM BACK

Yeeepa

Wow wow wow

I thought I have read it all in family section.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by thorpido(m): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

You are trolling,aren't you?
This your comment is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by armyofone(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
shocked shocked are you for real?

Her husband is being ungrateful. They should be working it out together and not leaving the woman in the loop.

infogenius:

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
SWITANN:

OH okay then.

wink
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by SWITANN(f): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ioannes:

wink

loanne please I want to make a request.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by SWITANN(f): 10:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
infogenius:

you couldn't be more wrong.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by misspicy(f): 1:06am On Jul 05, 2016
I reject this type of man in my life in Jesus name undecided

Niggur you are a saddist

Objectivity ko,chauvinistic buffoon

infogenius:

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by armyofone(m): 2:20am On Jul 05, 2016

Her husband is being ungrateful. They should be working it out together and not leaving the woman in the loop.
So you mean it would have been best he is dead?
Ummmm lipsrsealed

infogenius:

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by mightykay(m): 4:52am On Jul 05, 2016
@infogenius
This is the highest stupid post I ve ever read in recent times, infact buhari has really damaged some brains. so the woman should ask for consent b4 robbers that are ready to kill her husband. If u er less than 20yrs u er pardoned for this rubbish u posted but if u er 20 and above, that is a wasted yrs already

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 5:36am On Jul 05, 2016
misspicy:
I reject this type of man in my life in Jesus name undecided

Niggur you are a saddist

Objectivity ko,chauvinistic buffoon

I see that you are shallow minded. Possibly having the fish brain and fishy way of thinking.

You call me a saddist and buffoon for stating a deep fact.

Listen to me, any woman that open her legs for any man besides her husband has disrespected and abused her marriage.

You don't go about opening your legs for fools and I watch the scene for about 10 minutes and you want me to say well done and praise your heroics.

I think you need to wake up and reset your brain.
For God's sake, how many real men have you heard of patted the backs of their wives for sleeping around without their consent to save his ailing health or to meet the immediate need of the family?
Tell me one real man.

If your man can pat your back for doing so, tell him I said he is a weakling and a buffoon

You think a man marries a wife for decoration?

A Man boosts his value through his wife and if for any reason outside an agreement of the husband a woman gives out the cherished pot of honey,that value is eroded.

If a woman is raped off the presence of the man, then he does his best to rally around and support her. Which I support.

You don't need to call me names for telling you what you don't know or for stating my opinion. I don't need to please anyone which includes you with my comment on a sensitive issue like this.

What transpired that night may go a long way to affect their generation.

Maybe you think it is a joke.

Many marriages have struggled today because many women in particular do not know the place and value of their husband's in the family and vice versa.

People mess up anyhow thinking that is all to life and they can be forgiven if they are eventually found out. That is why marriages are breaking up anyhow today like glass cups.

Simply because the woman or the man does not understand or have the necessary depth of understanding of the value and their roles in marriage.

My dear you still have a long way to go. Open your brain and learn beyond what you see and hear about marriage because they are not deep enough to take you far.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by yvonne111(f): 5:38am On Jul 05, 2016
[b]
infogenius:

You call me a saddest and buffoon for stating a deep fact.

Listen to me, any woman that open her legs for any man besides her husband has disrespected and abused her marriage.

You don't go about opening your legs for fools and I watch the scene for about 10 minutes and you want me to say weldone.

I think you need to wake up and reset your brain.
For God's sake, how many real men have you heard of patted the backs of their wives for sleeping around without their consent to save his ailing health or to meet the immediate need of the family?
Tell me one real man.

If your man can pat your back for doing so, tell him I said he is a weakling and a buffoon

You think a man marries a wife for decoration?

A Man boosts his value through his wife and if for any reason outside an agreement of the husband a woman gives out the cherished pot of honey,that value is eroded.

If a woman is raped off the presence of the man, then he does his best to rally around and support her. Which I support.

You don't need to call me names for telling you what you don't know or for stating my opinion. I don't need to please anyone which includes you with my comment on a sensitive issue like this.

What transpired that night may go a long way to affect their generation.

Maybe you think it is a joke.

Many marriages have struggled today because many women in particular do not know the place and value of their husband's in the family and vice versa.

People mess up anyhow thinking that is all to life and they can be forgiven if they are eventually found out. That is why marriages are breaking up anyhow today like glass cups.

Simply because the woman or the man does not understand or have the necessary depth of understanding of the value and their roles in marriage.

My dear you still have a long way to go. Open your brain and learn beyond what you see and hear about marriage because they are not deep enough to take you far.

[/b]
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 05, 2016
SWITANN:

loanne please I want to make a request.

Good morning. Please go ahead.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by Jay542(m): 5:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Tell him what you feel and you guys should go for counselling. Test yourself after 6month.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 5:53am On Jul 05, 2016
mightykay:
@infogenius
This is the highest stupid post I ve ever read in recent times, infact buhari has really damaged some brains. so the woman should ask for consent b4 robbers that are ready to kill her husband. If u er less than 20yrs u er pardoned for this rubbish u posted but if u er 20 and above, that is a wasted yrs already

I have invested my years wisely and possibly the one you are living is a waste already.
Yes, the man needs to give her a go ahead through a sign or vocally to communicate his agreement to the deal. It takes less than 2 seconds to do so. If there is a need for her to engage in the act.

You guys undervalue the importance of sex because it is everywhere and you get it cheap.
That is y you can write this rubbish.
Re: HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. by infogenius(m): 5:59am On Jul 05, 2016
armyofone:

So you mean it would have been best he is dead?
Ummmm lipsrsealed

Who says he will be killed?
When he was not properly beaten in the first place.

My sister, I will put my faith in God to play and restrain her from doing so.
That is me and that is exactly what I will do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Age To Start Having Babies. / Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better / His, Hers Or Ours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.