Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:50 PM

Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (34642 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Street Traders And Hawkers Will Be Jail In Lagos From July 1- Ambode / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Jack83: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
pippimp:

By borrowed i presume you mean it is filled with common sense and how normal people should live. I see why Nigerians can't follow them.
Be honest to yourself, is nigeria normal?
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Tunjihadeshelay(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please who have Ambode number? I need to tell him something about this issue...

Cutting off the head is not the cure for a chronic headache!!!

Please when will Ambode enforce law on Nepa make dem no dey take off light again?? angry
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by ericmor: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Almajiri1:
139 million for repair works on 49 vehicles? Who negotiated this deal?

APC
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by ericmor: 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
KAYD007:
How can the repairs of 49 damaged BRT buses whose glasses were probably broken and perhaps some tyres deflated by angry protester cost one hundred and thirty nine million naira?? None was burnt or engines vandalized..how much is the cost of procuring one Bunch of Oles angry

That is his own strategy of getting refunds for the campaigns
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by obisite: 11:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Chai.. Wonder what happens to those of us who have our dinner in the traffic.... (gala n big cola) gringringringrin

Iya sikira, Iya segun,,, better start late night buka... cheesy
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by ericmor: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

What we should understand is that there's proper insurance (not d oluwole type we get for ours!) on each vehicle and its going to cost both sides (govt and insurer) formally because the auto company that'll repair will quote astronomically (that's their way). So, yes, its could cost hundred of millions because insurance on heavy duty cars dey cost.

I still disagree with the cost and the 49 busses
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by vicadex07(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef

- I am getting sick of this government
- No job
- No power
- No business
- Clueless
- Wicked
- Power drunk

Nonsense

it gets darkest in the night just before dawn... I also pray things get better soon. Don't loose hope my brother. I am one of your fans
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Day11(m): 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
mindtricks:

We Pray beloved Ambo finds the balls to channel the energy on clamping down on the rampaging area boys (Alayes) who are everywhere on the streets of Lagos extorting, maiming, stealing, and all what nots.

Ambode is very clever an he lead with wisdom.

Taking area boys outta d Street not d solution, but making them useful for themselves is d point.

3rd mainland bridge is traffic free now. All thanks to Ambo.

Meanwhile - Ambo for President angry
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by John902(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
[color=#000000][/color]omo na jail nor
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sbabimbola(f): 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Almajiri1:
I
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by seyluv(f): 12:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Di's is a crazy policy.. I mean crazy ...who is advising dis govt sef? So u mean Di's street hawkers will have 90,000 and dey will choose to do a risky biz of running after vehicles for like 3km before dey can sell N50 gala ..? And before u can take dem out of e street u have to provide alternative for dem but Di's govt does not care about DAT..I even expected DAT d kai should be seriously sanctioned for causing d death of d hawker as dey have been warned severally not to chase offenders who r trying to evade arrest by running on d road as running after dem can cause worse havoc ,& DAT was exactly wat happened yesterday..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Tunjihadeshelay(m): 12:18am On Jul 02, 2016
ericmor:

That is his own strategy of getting refunds for the campaigns

Thieves enter a bank, and took away 20million naira, then the manager and 2 other staffs planned there way too by keeping 80million naira to themselves just immediately after the successful robbery, then announcing to the public that 100million was taken away. Who is the thief here?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Oksman:
Your excellency sir, i quite agrée that with your plans to ban street trading and hawking in the metroplis, but i am disappointed wth the manner the govt. is going about it, with the resultant death that also led to the destruction of properties belonging to the state govt., the apologies came a bit too late but the insincererity on the part of your administration over death of that young man was exposed by the réeling out of those figures you claimed was the
cost of the damages inflicted by the mob on the states assets. My advise to you is to build enough prison to açcomodate the defaulters thank you.
it really touched me too, is he now saying that the 139m is worth more than the boy's life? End street hawking without jobs! Just be ready to see crime rate rise to the sky.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by precised: 12:28am On Jul 02, 2016
7lives:

WA GBAYI, ORI E O FOKA SIBE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin DEM NO KNOW SAY EKO O RAN IYA WON.

Bo Shey a ni yen, they should find a decent place to sell and people can buy there, too much hassles with some street hawkers and some inform them robbers that breaks glass and rob during traffic, its has happened to me and over 500k taken with my bag, I support this motion
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by TomLepskie(m): 12:33am On Jul 02, 2016
But why is it that nairalanders are always happy whenever they hear that someone's means of livelihood is about to be taken away from him or her, there's God ooo, one day it might be your own turn and we will also come here and post kudos to the government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by TaiKuun(m): 12:35am On Jul 02, 2016
Beremx:
What of the Yoruba women selling bottled drinks and water nko? last time i checked, they were all Yoruba women. This isn't a time to play the bigotry card cos it is going to affect every ethnic group.
and your igbo brothers selling Fanyogo
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 02, 2016
bigass:

Crime has it consequences.
that you are comfortable doesn't mean others are. Government is for all and must accommodate all. Many will be displaced of their only means of livelihood, whr do dey start from? Is govt ready to arrest over 10,000 people doing street hawking? Which prison will accommodate dem? This policy will fail before 2months.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Pavarottii(m): 12:42am On Jul 02, 2016
theGuest:
You know, APC wants to make Lagos (other state they govern) a modern, fancy state (city): No motor cycle, no hawking, light rail service, heavy taxation, . . . A befitting city for fancy people.
Now, no problem with that, except that Lagos is already occupied by people from every strata of the society.
The challenge here is non-sophisticated people have no place in the Lagos dreamt by APC, they are to be deported, locked away, forced or frustrated out of the city.
The question is what does the people in Lagos want? One thing is sure, the government might find itself in trouble if it doesn't allow Lagosian to decide if they want a fancy city or not.

For people of lower-socioeconomic, Lagos will only get worse (basically more expensive) for you! So, make up your mind,
1) Go back to your home town or
2) Go to jail for little things
90% of tax collected from people to make it a fancy state don't av their state of origin as Lagos state. So if everybody leaves, where will Lagos get tax money from to make it a fancy state.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Actor101: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2016
God will punish dis ambode
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by tammie24: 1:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Almajiri1:
is it your money?
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Oksman(m): 1:56am On Jul 02, 2016
franciskaine:
it really touched me too, is he now saying that the 139m is worth more than the boy's life? End street hawking without jobs! Just be ready to see crime rate rise to the sky.

Libya paid $10 million dollars for each of the 270 victims of the lockerbie bombing, and here we are listening to a very insensitive reaction to the loss of that young man's life from his excellency, again how did they arrive at the cost of putting those buses back on yhe lane within 48hrs?. Like i ealier posited they should expand the prison infrastructure by building new ones or the governor may have embatked on a wild goose chase.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by calcal: 4:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Ambode , we want you build more correction centers where those hawkers can be trained then send them to job or a welfare system has to be in place. If not, more heads will row.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 4:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Project400:
I heard this on TVC today.

...in so far as the government do all it can to sensitise the people, the instruction would be duly obeyed. N90,000 fine is too much to sacrifice on the altar of ignorance. In fact, if these hawkers have N90,000 somewhere, they likely won't be on the road trading.

It's not a new law I believe it was introduced by Tinubu in 2006
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Princewell2012(m): 4:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef

- I am getting sick of this government
- No job
- No power
- No business
- Clueless
- Wicked
- Power drunk

Nonsense

And unfortunately this has to last for four years. Pathetic.

We are really in for these.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 4:19am On Jul 02, 2016
ProfyJay:
In enforcing this law the state government should also make provisions for an alternative for these hawkers who rely on this business solely for their daily bread!

Beyond creating a business friendly environment and good governance which Lagos has always given it's citizens it has no obligations to the hawkers. Everyone who can't survive should find their square root out of Lagos. There are plenty cities in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 4:26am On Jul 02, 2016
theGuest:
You know, APC wants to make Lagos (other state they govern) a modern, fancy state (city): No motor cycle, no hawking, light rail service, heavy taxation, . . . A befitting city for fancy people.
Now, no problem with that, except that Lagos is already occupied by people from every strata of the society.
The challenge here is non-sophisticated people have no place in the Lagos dreamt by APC, they are to be deported, locked away, forced or frustrated out of the city.
The question is what does the people in Lagos want? One thing is sure, the government might find itself in trouble if it doesn't allow Lagosian to decide if they want a fancy city or not.

For people of lower-socioeconomic, Lagos will only get worse (basically more expensive) for you! So, make up your mind,
1) Go back to your home town or
2) Go to jail for little things

Abeg shut it.. Lagosians do want a clean deconjested and fancy city. Hawking has always been illegal under the law now it is being enforced.

People like you would rather Lagos not grow. If someone can't survive in Lagos they have the whole of Nigeria to try out

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 4:36am On Jul 02, 2016
mindtricks:

We Pray beloved Ambo finds the balls to channel the energy on clamping down on the rampaging area boys (Alayes) who are everywhere on the streets of Lagos extorting, maiming, stealing, and all what nots.

Area boys in Lagos roaming. When did you last visit Lagos ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by sweetgala(m): 4:39am On Jul 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

90% of tax collected from people to make it a fancy state don't av their state of origin as Lagos state. So if everybody leaves, where will Lagos get tax money from to make it a fancy state.

Keep telling yourself that lie

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by Thobiy(m): 4:56am On Jul 02, 2016
Way forward
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by theGuest: 5:20am On Jul 02, 2016
sweetgala:

Abeg shut it.. Lagosians do want a clean deconjested and fancy city. Hawking has always been illegal under the law now it is being enforced.

People like you would rather Lagos not grow. If someone can't survive in Lagos they have the whole of Nigeria to try out

Can't blame you for getting me wrong earlier. Look at the post again.

But, hey! manners make a man. Watch your mouth, kid.

FYI, I don't like Lagos as it is now, I don't live there either. Best of both worlds here.
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by theGuest: 5:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

I didn't make myself clear earlier, kindly look at my post again.

People need to pay tax anywhere they are. Government in other cities don't tax very well because they don't want to be accountable and productive; "To whom NOT MUCH given, NOT MUCH should be expected"
Re: Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode by illuminada: 5:40am On Jul 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

Hahahahaa....hiaaan! Biko, where did you obtain this statistical information from?

Cool down bro...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Civil Defence Officer Caught Stealing In Rivers State (Photos) / Dolapo Julius: Aregbesola’s Personal Photographer Gets Married (Photo) / Onofiok Luke Kneels Down For Udom Emmanuel's Supreme Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.