Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter (47328 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by gisthit: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Popular Nigerian Writer Chimamanda Adichie and her husband Dr. Ivara Esegee have welcomed their first child. In a new interview with Financial Times, the writer revealed that she and her husband welcomed their daughter a while back but she decided to keep it private. According to her,

"This is the first time I’m saying it publicly. I have a lovely little girl so I feel like I haven’t slept . . . but it’s also just really lovely and strange. I have some friends who probably don’t know I was pregnant or that I had a baby. I just feel like we live in an age when women are supposed to perform pregnancy. We don’t expect fathers to perform fatherhood. I went into hiding. I wanted it to be as personal as possible.

Source- http://www.gisthit.com/2016/07/chimamanda-adichie-confirms-she-her.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by gisthit: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Mskrisx(f): 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Very intelligent lady.. Better u I pray

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by OscaZee: 6:22am On Jul 02, 2016
congrats
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by NegeduGrace(f): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Pinshure or***
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Skelewu: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2016
NegeduGrace:
Pinshure or***

Babe I love this your name. It evokes the image of a voluptuous lady. Just the way you look. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by NegeduGrace(f): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2016
Skelewu:

Babe I love this your name. It evokes the image of a voluptuous lady. Just the way you look. kiss
tnx dear
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Skelewu: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2016
NegeduGrace:
tnx dear

You're most welcome.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Fairgodwin(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2016
Reading is my biggest hobby and when I see good writers, especially of African descent, they make my heart and even the whole of me, melt.
Wole Soyinka I love; Chinua Achebe I love; Elechi Amadi I love; Camara Laye I love; Ngugi wa Thiongo I love and you, Ngozi Chimamanda Adichie, I dearly (be)love.
Congratulations to you ma'am.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Shehucom(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Nigerian bloggers never new she was pregnant, they where busy carrying news of tontto dickes baby bump, showing us mercy Johnsons pregnant stomach...

Nice one chimamanda, I like lowkey things...

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by dave2meek(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Congrats to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by melzabull(f): 8:44am On Jul 02, 2016
Beautiful couple. congrats to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by lonelydora: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2016
The way she's carrying this feminism thing, I thought she won't marry. My personal opinion ooo ooo.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by flyca: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice! Congrats to this beautiful lady and her husband! A role model to many young girls and writers.

And she is 38!
Where are the proponents of "earlier marriage, early child birth"?

It is very important that you get your footing in the life first. There are medical and technological advancements in place to take care of you when you are ready for child-bearing. The world is too fast now that you need great understanding, time and a lot of money to keep your kids in pace. If you give birth to "regular children", they will have to struggle their way through life to keep up. Exceptional cases are one in a million. Be wise!

If you still don't understand this, read the story of Barack and Michelle Obama.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Fugazi: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2016
Congrats to the only ibo girl that ever made sense.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Vickdevals: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Y U Come Tell Us Now

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by teebillz: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2016
NegeduGrace:
Pinshure or***

Hey, You are beautiful and I think I like you. Do you live in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by IBBG(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
o how i luv intelligent women. they just turn me on.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by emmaelectelect(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by ichommy(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by amakenny: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
Welcome little baby to the world.

There was a country indeed....

The country is loading full once more.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by otokx(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
Its quite interesting how most of the celebrities and ruling class have their children in the US, the fascinating part is when fellow Nigerians clap and cheer over people who are not affected directly by the evils that plague the Nigerian society.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Ddonoflife(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2016
congrats
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by ogawisdom(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2016
Way d child nw angry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by ichommy(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:
Gt
dave2meek:
F
amoduganja:
g
Fairgodwin:
Re
Mskrisx:

Well Done Sir/Ma

Please vote ICHOMMY. Mr NL 2016. ICHOMMY for the crown https://www.nairaland.com/ichommy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Ddonoflife(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2016
amoduganja:
g
for queen
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by luvinhubby(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Fugazi:
Congrats to the only ibo girl that ever made sense.

You well so?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Caliph69: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
teebillz:

Hey, You are beautiful and I think I like you. Do you live in Lagos?
No! She live in Sambisa

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Ddonoflife(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2016
amoduganja:
g
for fish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love In A Circle / Heartstrings / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.