Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter (47329 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2016
This my man go change napkin tire.

He might even be forced to breastfeed the baby grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by spiralwedge(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2016
POLICECAP:

When u r sure, let her know. For now, Keep thinking

Weak men displaying naughty on pub forum

Instead make una pm and link up, you dey do shakara. U dey even dey abuse the poor guy. Na wa o. Smh for naija gals
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:
The way she's carrying this feminism thing, I thought she won't marry. My personal opinion ooo ooo.
Feminism isn't actually a bad thing or about castrating aman, its all about women having equal opportunities its the crazy and manipulative ones that have turned feminism into a man hating affair

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Thobiy(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2016
Congrat, but op no picture ni
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by saintdennis(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2016
otokx:
Its quite interesting how most of the celebrities and ruling class have their children in the US, the fascinating part is when fellow Nigerians clap and cheer over people who are not affected directly by the evils that plague the Nigerian society.

U basically 'nailed' it.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by marv1: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:
Nice! Congrats to this beautiful lady and her husband! A role model to many young girls and writers.

And she is 38!
Where are the proponents of "earlier marriage, early child birth"?

It is very important that you get your footing in the life first. There are medical and technological advancements in place to take care of you when you are ready for child-bearing. The world is too fast now that you need great understanding, time and a lot of money to keep your kids in pace. If you give birth to "regular children", they will have to struggle their way through life to keep up. Exceptional cases are one in a million. Be wise!

If you still don't understand this, read the story of Barack and Michelle Obama.
Valid points here. U have made my day. By the way, what do u care for? Everything on my bill just go ahead.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Rick9(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2016
*Tears ... Chimamanda was my crush.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by EmmyBiggy(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2016
gisthit:
smiley smiley smiley

See photos of her daughter here @@ http://www.gisthit.com/2016/07/chimamanda-adichie-confirms-she-her.html?m=1
waiting I won use her daughter do ? cry
gisthit:
smiley smiley smiley

See photos of her daughter here @@ http://www.gisthit.com/2016/07/chimamanda-adichie-confirms-she-her.html?m=1
waiting I won use her daughter do ?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by LesbianBoy(m): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2016
So this girl that hates men can allow a man fvck her pvssy shocked
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by olamide215: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:
Nice! Congrats to this beautiful lady and her husband! A role model to many young girls and writers.

And she is 38!

It is very important that you get your footing in the life first. There are medical and technological advancements in place to take care of you when you are ready for child-bearing. The world is too fast now that you need great understanding, time and a lot of money to keep your kids in pace. If you give birth to "regular children", they will have to struggle their way through life to keep up. Exceptional cases are one in a million. Be wise!
If you still don't understand this, read the story of Barack and Michelle Obama.

U said my mind this is one common sense that every young person should imbibe. The era of rushing into marriage has passed that is why poverty continues to linger in some peoples lineage. This day youth only fantasize about the glamour of getting married forgetting that it entails alot

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by shine12: 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:

And she is 38!

I guess you are not a parent. There is nothing called regular child but I do know that children are heritage of the Lord.
As you may know and aware of the very bad news we hear everyday,I'm sure you are not surprised that its someone "child (whether rich or poo)" that committed the atrocities. Therefore the number one need of this present age are Godly children that will be more godly than us their parents and will follow Jesus everyday.Every other earthy blessing is a bonus.#IprayyouunderstandwhereImcomingfrom.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by flyca: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
shine12:

I guess you are not a parent. There is nothing called regular child but I do know that children are heritage of the Lord.
As you may know and aware of the very bad news we hear everyday,I'm sure you are not surprised that its someone "child (whether rich or poo)" that committed the atrocities. Therefore the number one need of this present age are Godly children that will be more godly than us their parents and will follow Jesus everyday.Every other earthy blessing is a bonus.#IprayyouunderstandwhereImcomingfrom.

Calm down bro. I have put the phrase -regular kids- in quote. Its a concept not of derogatory use. So are you saying that parents cannot provide Godly standards for their children as well as the financial benefits of keeping up with the values needed to keep up with a fast-pacing world? Don't go far. Think of enabling your child in learning a skill -maybe piano, drums, musical instruments, or maybe voice training. Maybe swimming, maybe travel to widen their horizon in life. Maybe a new language, maybe a new sports, maybe sponsoring them to horse-camping, maybe young researchers camping, maybe a vacation in a different environment. Something just different from "regular". Do you know how much opportunities and doors you would have provided for such a kid? Or do you consider those ungodly?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by olamide215: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
shine12:

As Godly children are we suppose to leave in poverty? A quality future we don't plan for we can't get if u are a Christian let me take u to the book of 1timothy 5:8 "But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith and is worse than an infidel". Most of this children who turn out bad is as a result of diverse factor ranging from lack of God and parental guide, poverty is also one of the factors. So as parents and future parent we should invest in ourselves both God wise, financially and morally sound before bring another creature into the world. #Ihopeuunderstandmypoint

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by blowjob: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
gisthit:
Popular Nigerian Writer Chimamanda Adichie and her husband Dr. Ivara Esegee have welcomed their first child. In a new interview with Financial Times, the writer revealed that she and her husband welcomed their daughter a while back but she decided to keep it private. According to her,

"This is the first time I’m saying it publicly. I have a lovely little girl so I feel like I haven’t slept . . . but it’s also just really lovely and strange. I have some friends who probably don’t know I was pregnant or that I had a baby. I just feel like we live in an age when women are supposed to perform pregnancy. We don’t expect fathers to perform fatherhood. I went into hiding. I wanted it to be as personal as possible.

Source- http://www.gisthit.com/2016/07/chimamanda-adichie-confirms-she-her.html

OVER AMBITIOUS B...TCH. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by shine12: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:

Calm down bro. I have put the phrase -regular kids- in quote. Its a concept not of derogatory use. So are you saying that parents cannot provide Godly standards for their children as well as the financial benefits of keeping up with the values needed to keep up with a fast-pacing world? Don't go far. Think of enabling your child in learning a skill -maybe piano, drums, musical instruments. Maybe swimming, maybe travel to widen their horizon in life. Maybe a new language, maybe a new sports, maybe sponsoring them to horse-camping, maybe young researchers camping, maybe a vacation in a different environment. Something just different from "regular". Do you know how much opportunities and doors you would have provided for such a kid? Or do you consider those ungodly?

All of those are good and never ungodly, infact our soceity need more and I encourage all parents to support their children to fully exploit their potential and become the best they can be and parents should also spend up to their last kobo/pence/cent to make sure they acheive and develop in extracurricular activities whilst also contributing to society but if they possess all of these earthly achievement and do NOT know God and walk in His way (not as secular christian of living in sin and going to church and paying tithe) , then I can say such parent has failed.I pray that will not be a testimony of anyone.Amen

When I say the number one need.I talk from the point of view of the evil we see in our world today (it grieves me) and it's because human are becoming more evil by the day. Fortunately or unfortunately those evils can only be eliminated through Godliness and not horse riding and piano lessons.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by shine12: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
olamide215:

As Godly children are we suppose to leave in poverty? A quality future we don't plan for we can't get if u are a Christian let me take u to the book of 1timothy 5:8 "But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith and is worse than an infidel". Most of this children who turn out bad is as a result of diverse factor ranging from lack of God and parental guide, poverty is also one of the factors. So as parents and future parent we should invest in ourselves both God wise, financially and morally sound before bring another creature into the world. #Ihopeuunderstandmypoint

You really misunderstood my point.I'm saying the evil we see today is lack of Godliness.Nobody is saying we should be poor.

If you want to hear If I have to choose I will rather choose God over mammon but I think If any man chooses God and follow Him, such man will never lack anything good.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by flyca: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
shine12:

All of those are good and never ungodly, infact our soceity need more and I encourage all parents to support their children to fully exploit their potential and become the best they can be and parents should also spend up to their last kobo/pence/cent to make sure they acheive and develop in extracurricular activities whilst also contributing to society but if they possess all of these earthly achievement and do NOT know God and walk in His way (not as secular christian of living is sin and going to church and paying tithe) , then I can say such parent has failed.I pray that will not be a testimony of anyone.Amen

When I say the number one need.I talk from the point of view of the evil we see in our world today (it grieves me) and it's because human are becoming more evil by the day. Fortunately or unfortunately those evils can only be eliminated through Godliness and not horse riding and piano lessons.

May I ask you? Why are we so religious in Nigeria and yet morally bankrupt and developmentally 20 centuries backwards? Well, you may need time and a lot of exposure to find this deep-rooted answer. But let me make it known to you that religion and morality are two different things. Thinking that building more churches and mosques Nigeria or any where in the world will reduce crime-rate is delusional. But lets not go too far away from the topic.

All I am saying is that adding to raising religiously pious and morally upright kids, expose them to different skills, different environments. It takes a great understanding, maturity, time and a lot of money to give them a future they can thrive in. So that they don't struggle financially for the rest of their lives. If you allow them to wallow in poverty of the pocket and of the mind, while being godly, the 21st century world will overtake them. Understand?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by SexyStrawberry(f): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
OK, because she's a celebrity, no one is bashing her for marrying a whitey, but when I was praying that God should give me a whitey husband, come and see Nairaland pikins wailing like Calabar bingo, issorait, kwantinu o!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by shine12: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:

May I ask you? Why are we so religious in Nigeria and yet morally bankrupt and developmentally 20 centuries backwards? Well, you may need time and a lot of exposure to find this deep-rooted answer. But let me make it known to you that religion and morality are two different things. Thinking that building more churches and mosques Nigeria or any where in the world will reduce crime-rate is delusional. But lets not go too far away from the topic.

All I am saying is that adding to raising religiously pious and morally upright kids, expose them to different skills, different environments. It takes a great understanding, maturity, time and a lot of money to give them a future they can thrive in. So that they don't struggle financially for the rest of their lives. Understand?

I don't like the commercial African religion too and I think it's the opium of the masses.I'm talking about knowing God and I dont think any sensible person will fail to educate and equip their children for the 21st century.

An entrepreneur that innovates and changes His nation but cheats His employees is as poor in the area of honesty/empathy as a poor illiterate man who steals from a local market seller.

The problem is we directly equate physical greatness which can be attained through education and training of some sorts with personal holiness which can only be attained by seeking after God (At the same time they obviously don't contardict each other as you can have both).I'm not here to say I am a godly person as I am not, but I have studied this world and found out that the heart of men are evil and it's only when He follows God that He will cease to be evil.I am not talking about technology or whatever point you are raising.I am simply saying both rich and poor,developed or under-developed nation,educated or non-educated both need to live godly lives.

Trust me I do not like blind following of a particular spiritual leader or religious backwardness but that doesn't mean there is no room for personal holiness.

I am pro education and by the grace of God,I am blessed in my career but what I think pleases God more than my education and everyday work is if I die to self and follow Jesus everyday.

I think we are saying the same thing but from different point of view.

My last line for you to think about:

Why is it that people will work under a boss,let's say a Doctor and His driver,cook,nurses,gate man etc will say Oga is very humble and nice and caring.Oga associates with them and oga is very meek. Then the other scenario is an Oga Doctor with even more experience than the former Oga, but this Oga shouts,ridicules and oppress His staffs, which one do you prefer?In a nutshell that is an epitome of what goes on everyday around various sectors across the world.We have seasoned Harvard educated congressmen that has collected lobbying money to vote for legislations that will impoverish a whole town, we have senators collecting governor salary for 5 years, we have well educated teachers molesting students, we have Pastor's who are in it for the money and not because God called them to care for souls.I can go on and on.

So I am not only pro-development but pro following Jesus daily and development. Whether we like it or not God will judge sin and I don't think anyone will go to hell for being poor and under-developed (vice versa wih being rich as well) but they can certainly go for being a sinner.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by UjSizzle(f): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Oh I always wondered why her book dedication page always says For Ivara
Good to finally see him smiley

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by flyca: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
shine12:

I hate religion too and I think it's the opium of the masses.I'm talking about knowing God.That's all.

An entrepreneur that innovates and changes His nation but cheats His employees is as poor in the area of honesty/empathy as a poor illiterate man who steals from a local market seller.

The problem is we directlyequate physical greatness which can be attained rhrough education and training of some sorts with personal holiness which can only be attained by seeking after God (At the same time they obviously don't contardict each other as you can have both).I'm not here to say I am a godly person as I am not, but I have studied this world and found out that the heart of men are evil and it's only when He follows God that He will cease to be evil.I am not talking about technology or whatever point you are raising.I am simply saying both rich and poor,developed or under-developed nation,educated or non-educated both need to live godly lives.

Trust me I do not like blind following of a particular spiritual leader or religious backwardness but that doesn't mean there is no room for personal holiness.
If this is your point, then why did you quote me initially? undecided
Did my initial post suggest that I do not support raising of Godly children? That I said we need to make enough provisions for them before bringing them into the world -whether earlier or later, which seem to be what this world renowned author and role model did. Where did you miss it?

You seem to be running further off the topic so I will not engage you anymore. Abeg raise your kids as you like. Bye bye
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by shine12: 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
flyca:

If this is your point, then why did you quote me initially? undecided
Did my initial post suggest that I do not support raising of Godly children? That I said we need to make enough provisions for them before bringing them into the world -whether earlier or later, which seem to be what this world renowned author and role model did. Where did you miss it?

You seem to be running further off the topic so I will not engage you anymore. Abeg raise your kids as you like. Bye bye

The reason why I engaged you was you used the term "regular-kids" and you said you didnt mean it in your reponse. Of course we went off topic but we both instilled some thought into each other which I think thats the primary reason behind this patform.
The reason why I was passionate about it is that I see people do this to innocent children.Some parents compare kids and I think it's terrible.

But that's not what you did.I also appreciate the fact that we didn't insult each other even though you said abeg raise your children as you like which is a direct personal statement and I never went personal with you.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by olamide215: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
shine12:

You really misunderstood my point.I'm saying the evil we see today is lack of Godliness.Nobody is saying we should be poor.

If you want to hear If I have to choose I will rather choose God over mammon but I think If any man chooses God and follow Him, such man will never lack anything good.
What we see in todays world is people hiding under the umbrella of religion to take decisions that will end up becoming detrimental to them. So the bottom line is this fear God, serve him, obey his commandments be hardworking and change ur world bcoz in the end no food for a lazy man and try to leave a good legacy and something substantial for the generation that will come after u to make their lives comfortable and they will be proud they had u as their dad/mum.its not necessarily big stuffs. But u not doing anything and expecting God to perform miracles then u are testing God. He said he will bless the works of ur hand, what will he bless if u have nothing u are working on. There are principles to being blessed in life irrespective of ur religion but nowadays Christians we just want to get the blessing while skipping the principles. If u are a Christian I will like to take ur mind to that verse that says the poor shall not end in the land it does not mean that God does not love the poor
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:
The way she's carrying this feminism thing, I thought she won't marry. My personal opinion ooo ooo.
She's been married even before she started shouting the feminism thingy o. I pity those young single girls that takes the feminism nonsense seriously. Beyonce that has been shouting feminism, Girl Power e.t.c. has a husband and daughter she doesn't joke with, even when the guy reportedly cheated on her, she didn't leave. Oprah Winfrey has been with the same man for more than 30years now. Yet girls that are of marriage-able age are putting it on their head like gala seller. I pity them saying if their men cheat they'll walk away. Walk away just like that without even talking about it.
#AwonAburoTokeMakinwa
#Awon0loshi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Ngokafor(f): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

She's been married even before she started shouting the feminism thingy o. I pity those young single girls that takes the feminism nonsense seriously. Beyonce that has been shouting feminism, Girl Power e.t.c. has a husband and daughter she doesn't joke with, even when the guy reportedly cheated on her, she didn't leave. Oprah Winfrey has been with the same man for more than 30years now. Yet girls that are of marriage-able age are putting it on their head like gala seller. I pity them saying if their men cheat they'll walk away. Walk away just like that without even talking about it.
#AwonAburoTokeMakinwa
#Awon0loshi

....you sound so ignorant and abusive.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by femi4: 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
NegeduGrace:
Pinshure or***
Kogi girl
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fine husband, lucky woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by john650(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Yeah, she's confusing young women who think she's unto something with her feminism stuff while she takes care of her business.

The way she shows disdain for men, you would think she would adopt. God forbid she should submit to a man and get pregnant. What a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by prof800(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
BuddhaPalm:
This my man go change napkin tire.
He might even be forced to breastfeed the baby grin.
murderous!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Thats the hypocrisy of most feminists. They urge the dumb followers to be single tell them its better. Then they turn around.. you will be surprised what an obedient and loving wife she is. All that feminist talk is to get more followers: more followers =more money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ngokafor:

....you sound so ignorant and abusive.

Truth hurts
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter by manafest(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
lonelydora:

I also concur, must of her work, there most be a glimpse of feminism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love In A Circle / Heartstrings / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.