Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? (33868 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet / Bathroom Of Lady Who Moved Out Of A Guy's Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by idris4r83(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
A friend advised me to run my bathroom pipes to my Soakaway I argued with him that it will full quickly and he argued back that it is the best way.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Boyoski09: 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
that's not wise at all...

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Topscoque(f): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
You can dig a septic tank which is for bath and kitchen water

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by ChappyChase: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
Topscoque:
You can dig a septic tank which is for bath and kitchen water
Septic tank my left balls!
Ogbeni channel the thing to the nearest gutter!

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mufutau55(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
idris4r83:
A friend advised me to run my bathroom pipes to my Soakaway I argued with him that it will full quickly and he argued back that it is the best way.

You should have Septic Tank and Soakaway... people always call both soakaway which is a wrong term.

1. Septic Tank is for Poooo! (Feces from your toilet)
2. Soakaway is for Water waste from both bathroom, sinks, and Kitchen.

Hajji M.

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by idris4r83(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
mufutau55:

You should have Septic Tank and Soakaway... people always call both soakaway which is a wrong term.

Hajji M.
thanks for the clarification sir

12 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by idris4r83(m): 4:59am On Jul 02, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by brunofarad(m): 5:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Hmm

Here to learn

FARAD
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by oscarnoble(m): 5:56am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok noted
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by JustCare: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2016
It depends on class and the area you're living, it's also more hygienic when it's channeled into a septic tank.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by planetuzor(m): 5:57am On Jul 02, 2016
Noted
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by rifasenate11(m): 5:58am On Jul 02, 2016
It's the best way
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by nastyesco(m): 5:58am On Jul 02, 2016
U can bath on sand in the backyard instead!!! grin

25 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by joey150(m): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2016
Dont you have a contractor or something?

Abi is it you and your friend building the house?

You should consult your building engineer for the best opinion. How some of you trust important matters like this to total strangers who cannot properly examine and give a good explanation still amazes me.

If you have a good drainage system in your neighbourhood you best connect to that. It all depends

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by SmithHumble50: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
Lol... What did u read in skol and what did ur friend read in skol?
It looks like 2 blind people guiding each other to cross the road!

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by bumi10(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
i didnt know that oo
tnks for the heads up

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by SmithHumble50: 6:01am On Jul 02, 2016
nastyesco:
U can bath on sand in the backyard instead!!! grin

Epic!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mbhs139(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
JustCare:
It depends on class and the area you're living, it's also more hygienic when it's channeled into a septic tank.

Well, I think channelling into the gutter is the best way, because, that's why the gutter is there anyway. Channelling it into a septic tank or soakaway, as the case may be, for me, isn't economical and hygienic.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by pedrilo: 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
From experience, I knw that after digging a very big soak away, u create a partition for feaces that will have the base cemented and another partition for water from the kitchen and bathing room without cementing it's base so that the water can sink into the ground.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Lincoln275(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
The best thing is to channel it to nearest drainage. Function of soak away is to just accommodate excess sewere or waste water from septic tank for short period of time. Or u have special tank for all ur waste water separately

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by AngelAhnie(f): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
channel it to the nearest gutter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by pfadom: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2016
It is safer to channel it to the soakaway pit. Moreso in this clime when someone could scoop your bath wastewater from the gutter for ritual. It may be expensive to do what commonsense could do with prayers.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Why ague with ur wise friend? Do you want to chanel it to the street and disturb ur neibourgh? What people fail to Understand is both septic tank and soak away can be evacuated, there are truck specially bult for that purpose. Mine was just only soak away, I chanel everything inside,and this is my 5th years, it never full, And whenever it filled, it'll cost me just 8k to evacuate it for the next 6 or 7years maybe.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Frankiss44(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
mbhs139:

Well, I think channelling into the gutter is the best way, because, that's why the gutter is there anyway. Channelling it into a septic tank or soakaway, as the case may be, for me, isn't economical and hygienic.

The gutter isn't there for you to channel your waste bathing water. The primary purpose of the gutter is to control flood when it rains. Most people that channel it to the gutter are mainly in rural region. You can't stay in Urban areas and be thinking of channeling your waste to a nearby gutter. It either goes straight to the soakaway or a septic tank. And to think of it, what is hygienic about channeling your waste to the gutter?

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by elfico(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2016
If there is a drainage close by, channel it to the drainage. As a poster above me said, u need a septic tank and soak-away.
If your house is located on a land that gets water-logged during rainy season, then channeling it to a drainage is a cost effective option else, the soak-away will get full frequently. But if the house is on a 'dry' land, drainage is still a good option if it wont incovinience others, else just build a soak-away. My house has been built for about 20years now and the septic tank and soak-away have been evacuated just once.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by VisitorsCanteen(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Like someone stated above, it depends on 'class'. For me,

Gutter all the way
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Barackmeringo: 6:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Ehn, the engineers and builders, up to you......

But my opinion, straight to da gutter

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by mrwiddy(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
ChappyChase:

you are as doog as doz ppl ruining d country's peace

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by omoijesa(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Let me spread my mat...waiting patiently listen to our what our guru's in the house has to say as regard this
Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Frankiss44(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Onyochejohn:
Why ague with ur wise friend? Do you want to chanel it to the street and disturb ur neibourgh? What people fail to Understand is both septic tank and soak away can be evacuated, there are truck specially bult for that purpose. Mine was just only soak away, I chanel everything inside,and this is my 5th years, it never full, And whenever it filled, it'll cost me just 8k to evacuate it for the next 6 or 7years maybe.

Exactly... In some places the whole thing is really irritating. Once someone is bathing you will just be seeing the water flowing almost around 3 compounds before it gets to the nearest gutter. And someone thinks this is hygienic...

14 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by ddjay: 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
ChappyChase:

Environmental pollution,thats what will infect your left balls

19 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Run Bathing(bathroom) Water Pipes To Your Soakaway? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 02, 2016
Lincoln275:

The best thing is to channel it to nearest drainage. Function of soak away is to just accommodate excess sewere or waste water from septic tank for short period of time. Or u have special tank for all ur waste water separately
it not every neibourghood that have drainage in nigeria! Chanelling it else where can disturb others, there are truck bult for the purpose to evacuate it whenever it filled, mine is in its 5th years now! It never full, it cost like 6 or 7k for soakaway evacuation

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. / Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.