Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device (31061 Views)

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Phone / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Thollu01(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
We use our smartphones for many things in our professional and private lives. Therefore, we should try to ensure they last as long as possible. Many take precautions like installing anti-virus software and closing background apps, but are these steps really necessary? Here are five things you're doing wrong with your Android device.

1. Using task killers or manually closing applications
Many of us use task killers or close applications manually from the recent apps menu. But without realizing it that could be harming the performance of our device.

When we first open an app, part of its data is becomes stored in the RAM. This means that when you open the app a second time, it will load faster because of the existence of this previously cached data.

If you remove the app from the recent apps menu, or delete the cache, the data stored in the RAM is lost also. If you then wish to reopen it you have to start this process again.

Only close applications if you must, for instance, if they are draining a lot of battery or occupying too many resources while in the background.

2. Using more than one antivirus app
If you feel that you need an antivirus program on your Android device then you should bear in mind that they take up resources like RAM and battery: these are intensive applications that run in the background all the time. But having more than one doesn't make you safer. If you decide to use an antivirus app then make sure you choose wisely among the many available and only use one at a time.

3. Ignoring software updates
The operating system of your smartphone needs to be updated periodically to repair deficiencies in security. As soon as you notice an update, accept it. You can even set up your Android device to update automatically. The security of your phone will thank you. It will perform better and be more efficient.

4. Downloading applications from unreliable sources
Android APK files can be manipulated to contain malicious software which can infect your device. Make sure all your downloads come from reliable sources such as the Google Play Store.

5. Not restarting your smartphone
There is a lot of controversy surrounding this topic. However, rebooting your device once a week is 'healthy'. On the one hand, memory is saved and temporarily cached data is deleted because it is no longer needed. On the other hand, sometimes memory is blocked and that temporary data is not deleted, which can lead to slowdowns.

Source ==>> http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/07/5-things-you-shouldnt-do-with-your.html?m=1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Habiodunz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
6: Never play Mortal Kombat X or Injustic God on a 512 RAM Android phone grin

FTC dedicated to dose that just finished their NECO

I pray your scripts wont be given to a drunkard

#it LIKE for the Amen n Share for the ''I dont care attitude''
#NoBiggy in this

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Thollu01(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Habiodunz:

Lol cheesy or The walking dead

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by pointstores(m): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
great
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Thobiy(m): 4:09am On Jul 02, 2016
Good yarn
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by brunofarad(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
Using your smart phone as torchlight

Its time for you to buy a torchlight ,leave your phone alone grin

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Endougs(m): 6:01am On Jul 02, 2016
Thanks op nice topic I am not found guilty in any of those.

Meanwhile.
You stand a chance of winning the new HTC smartphone by following the link
https://wn.nr/ZVxxTv
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:02am On Jul 02, 2016
6 STOP WATCHING MOJI IN UR PHONE.... IT WILL SPOIL THE PHONE BATTERY wink wink wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by makemoneynow(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2016
a
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by delikay4luv: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2016
So what's the solution?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by paparazy06(m): 6:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Thanks for the info
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by evansjeff(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2016
My question is what is wrong with Facebook? Must i now be updating Facebook app every week Abi na only my phone? I don tell my Facebook, na the last update him see last week, e go remain like that for 2 years.. any thing wey wan happen make e happen.mmmmtttteeeeuuuuwwww....

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by FastestTech(m): 6:09am On Jul 02, 2016
'Number one' says it all
Others may not too affect your android phone
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by FastestTech(m): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
6 STOP WATCHING MOJI IN UR PHONE.... IT WILL SPOIL THE PHONE BATTERY wink wink wink

Conscience is really blaming you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by tuasefemi(m): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Nice one but I totally disagree with point number one. Nothing kills android battery than leaving apps running underground. More so, the more apps opened, the more ram occupied, thereby reducing the effective performance of your device.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by FastestTech(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Habiodunz:

Thanks alot for this

Another must watch point after op number one point

Stop playing high definition games (especially data games) on your android.

My advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Adesiji77: 6:13am On Jul 02, 2016
brunofarad:

grin grin

You can't be serious about this, are you? Lol
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Mopolchi: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2016
That number four show me pepper before.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by FastestTech(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
brunofarad:

I know there must be a 'Funny person' on the thread

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by mfujah(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Thollu01:
We use our smartphones for many things in our professional and private lives. Therefore, we should try to ensure they last as long as possible. Many take precautions like installing anti-virus software and closing background apps, but are these steps really necessary? Here are five things you're doing wrong with your Android device.

Many of us use task killers or close applications manually from the recent apps menu. But without realizing it that could be harming the performance of our device.

When we first open an app, part of its data is becomes stored in the RAM. This means that when you open the app a second time, it will load faster because of the existence of this previously cached data.

If you remove the app from the recent apps menu, or delete the cache, the data stored in the RAM is lost also. If you then wish to reopen it you have to start this process again.

Only close applications if you must, for instance, if they are draining a lot of battery or occupying too many resources while in the background.

2. Using more than one antivirus app
If you feel that you need an antivirus program on your Android device then you should bear in mind that they take up resources like RAM and battery: these are intensive applications that run in the background all the time. But having more than one doesn't make you safer. If you decide to use an antivirus app then make sure you choose wisely among the many available and only use one at a time.

3. Ignoring software updates
The operating system of your smartphone needs to be updated periodically to repair deficiencies in security. As soon as you notice an update, accept it. You can even set up your Android device to update automatically. The security of your phone will thank you. It will perform better and be more efficient.

4. Downloading applications from unreliable sources
Android APK files can be manipulated to contain malicious software which can infect your device. Make sure all your downloads come from reliable sources such as the Google Play Store.

5. Not restarting your smartphone
There is a lot of controversy surrounding this topic. However, rebooting your device once a week is 'healthy'. On the one hand, memory is saved and temporarily cached data is deleted because it is no longer needed. On the other hand, sometimes memory is blocked and that temporary data is not deleted, which can lead to slowdowns.

Source ==>> http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/07/5-things-you-shouldnt-do-with-your.html?m=1
You can win 1m if you ignore this info.. our phone can blow and u buy another one lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Standard007(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Barackmeringo: 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Story ooo.....
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Barackmeringo: 6:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Habiodunz:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, would it even play, that's the question
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Goahead(m): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Thollu01:
Many of us use task killers or close applications manually from the recent apps menu.

Bull crap! Don't be deceived fellas, your phone would start hanging if you take this.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by blazetitov: 6:19am On Jul 02, 2016
evansjeff:
My question is what is wrong with Facebook? Must i now be updating Facebook app every week Abi na only my phone? I don tell my Facebook, na the last update him see last week, e go remain like that for 2 years.. any thing wey wan happen make e happen.mmmmtttteeeeuuuuwwww....

Hahahahahahaha

For me, no Facebook app on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by cooldipo(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2016
Don't use as table tennis bat!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by SmithHumble50: 6:21am On Jul 02, 2016
Interesting!
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Histrings08(m): 6:22am On Jul 02, 2016
Noted for action @op.. Pls somebody help, football game like Winning eleven isn't working on man camon c8...is d phone not good for gaming?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device by Oluwadayofunmi: 6:23am On Jul 02, 2016
Don't receive calls on ur phone.......it makes ur battery last longer grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / MTN Increases Their Internet Data Bundle Allowance / My Experience In Computer Village, Ikeja Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.