Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends (40417 Views)

Man Drowns In A River In Katsina-Ala, Benue While Swimming With Friends / Flood Drowns Woman With Her Car In Tamale, Ghana (Video, Photo) / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by visijo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
as him belly big so he wan go use am swim?? Learn from Ijaw people.. R. I. P
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by SarahD(f): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
May Almighty God console his family and grant him eternal rest. Amen
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Ranchhoddas: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
mamajaz:
Hahahaha... me kuma dry play with you ni fah bro chanchad
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by arimahoseloka(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
yusaze:
RIP

SEE PHOTOS OF AUSTIN OGA'S CORPSE BEING DRAG OUT OF RIVER @@

www.9janewsarena.com/2016/07/18-year-old-nigeria-boy-schooling-in-us.html

....so sad!!
ur father
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by LaCremy: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
Eiyaaa....R.I.P. Austin
May your soul find rest in the bosom of Abraham
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by LaCremy: 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Eiyaaa....R.I.P. Austin
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by LaCremy: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Eiyaaa....R.I.P. Austin
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
18?
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Blessograo(f): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
If you can't swim don't try it unless you have a professional with you, water is not like land where can stabilize yourself, people are just careless and too inquisitive cry
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Spells(m): 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
So him two friends just dey watch am drown
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by mister4: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sad Rip
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Lekewatt(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ladycloud:
R. I. P... I reject every spirit of premature death.. AMEN
then dont do what will make u die prematuredly.
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Ladycloud(f): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lekewatt:
then dont do what will make u die prematuredly.
shut up my friend... U must not comment!
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
ezeukwu1:

wetin july do u?
Why u wan know? undecided
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by BoboFashion(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
sixtus3606:

why does always have to be Nigerians and not their nationales?
if it had to be the other way round, the authorities would have charged our brothers for murder and issue a hard sentence

Bro, the government does not value the citizens. So, our hope is just God.
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by dazpa(m): 12:01am On Jul 02, 2016
Blacks can't swim. Someone should have warned him.
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Vectormike(m): 12:49am On Jul 02, 2016
I know this guy! Southprince Oga, my God!
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by calcal: 3:33am On Jul 02, 2016
RIP
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by mecussey(m): 5:44am On Jul 02, 2016
Harmored:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING

When this pple are after you, ur own don finish

Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Lekewatt(m): 5:45am On Jul 02, 2016
Ladycloud:
shut up my friend... U must not comment!
how does ur phrase connect with what u quote? Olodo, many of we Nigerians are pure hypocrite. We come in d open and claim we love God, but alas! Fake ass we are. Ds one 4 example don born pikin full suck away, later u go dey tie scaf claiming born again after u don trick dt innocent hustler to bethrot u wit empty foetus.
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 6:21am On Jul 02, 2016
He lived here in Maryland. He just came into the country last December. His mother who attends same church with my sister gave her all to bring him into the country only for him to die few months later...

It's so sad though

RIP man.
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by setito(m): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2016
RIP
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by BoboFashion(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2016
Lekewatt:
how does ur phrase connect with what u quote? Olodo, many of we Nigerians are pure hypocrite. We come in d open and claim we love God, but alas! Fake ass we are. Ds one 4 example don born pikin full suck away, later u go dey tie scaf claiming born again after u don trick dt innocent hustler to bethrot u wit empty foetus.

Ah ah! Bro, she might no be serious ok. Abeg, ease up ok. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by yemmat2008(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2016
Enroll you kids for a swimming lesson this summer.......(1) Teach age-appropriate skills. The average age of your class will determine your lesson plans and goals; very young children will not respond to certain challenges that older children may thrive with.

For instance, children under a year old should simply become acquainted with playing in water rather than being forced to swim.[5] Often, teachers get bored teaching fundamental skills and jump to something that interests them rather than that properly challenges the students. Be patient and mindful of your students' needs.
You may consider shadowing a more experienced swim teacher in order to observe how they react to different demographics of children. Contact a community gym, pool, or fitness center to see if this is an option.

(2) Encourage the development of coordination. Children won't be competent swimmers until the age of about six or seven, but skill-building in a classroom environment can begin before that age.[6] Children between four and six years old can benefit from coordination and stabilization exercises in the water. These exercises will help them get used to the basics of moving in the water.
Water safety should also be a prioritized lesson at this age. Teach children not to run by water, to be careful on slippery surfaces, and follow a protocol when entering and exiting a pool.

Be patient. Children at this age are not learning disciplined form; they are learning how to interact with the water. Interest levels and prowess will change day-to-day at this age.

water is a fundamental skill for swimming in general.

(3) Independent floating can be taught as an assisted wall float: with the student's back in the water, have them place their heels on the edge of the pool, anchoring them. Then, have the student extend their legs, flattening their body on the surface of the water and spreading their weight out to the length of their body. Once their legs are extended and their body is floating on the water, have them breathe normally and sustain the float for as long as possible.
It is best for them to not use their hands to assist their float. Once they master the assisted wall float, they should move on to try floating without any assistance.

(4) Teach stomach floating. This form of floating can help students get used to having their head and stomach underwater. Much like the assisted wall float, this exercise requires students to put their feet on the pool edge and extend their legs; this time, though, they will be floating on their stomach rather than on their back. Keeping hips and shoulders on the surface of the water, students must take a deep breath and put their face under the water. Students may use hands for the stomach float, but only to help bring the head up for another breath.
Assisted wall floats and stomach floating can be alternated as part of a drill or a game. Challenge students to be the one who can sustain a float the longest.

(5) Teach wall push-offs. Students who know how to push off a wall to float will understand how to use momentum to move in water. While their feet are on the wall of the pool, have the student take a breath and push off the wall. This will propel them through the water. Have the student relax and feel their head, legs, and arms sink in the water as they lose momentum and finally stop. This will help them become accustomed to sinking in the water and correcting this with a float. You don't necessarily have to couple this with a lesson in strokes, but a wall push-off is a good exercise to pair with continued movement through the water.
You may want to conduct this exercise in the short end of the pool, so that inexperienced swimmers can stand up after they lose momentum.
Water noodles and floating boards are good tools to pair with this exercise, so inexperienced swimmers can experiment with using their legs and arms to continue movement

(6) Encourage the development of discipline. Often, the point of instructing young children is to instill discipline, self-awareness, self-esteem, and curiosity rather than build great technique. Empathize with your students and understand the challenges they are facing in trying something strange and new. Making their first experience with swimming a friendly, safe, and responsible one can lead to a lifelong interest in learning.
A safe environment can be established through instructional generosity. Sandwich "corrections" with compliments, reward those who try new things, and keep in mind each child's fears or weaknesses.
At the same time, hold students responsible for their conduct, discipline, and effort. Make sure lesson plans are followed, even if altered.... You can reach me on 07032779661

yusaze:
Austin Oga, an 18-year-old Nigerian and student at East Tennessee State University has died. The sophomore computer science major was swimming with a group of friends near the boat ramp when he went under and did not resurface. One of the swimmers tried to help him but was unsuccessful. The group then called 911.

According to authorities, around 2:45 p.m. Monday, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office received a report of a possible drowning near the Highway 421 boat ramp across from Laurel Marina. A diver with the Kingsport Lifesaving Crew was in the area when the call came out. He responded to the scene and located Oga a short time later. Oga was pronounced dead at the scene.

Source: http://www.9janewsarena.com/2016/07/18-year-old-nigeria-boy-schooling-in-us.html

Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by yemmat2008(m): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2016
Some student in schools nowadays.... You call them out for their swimming elective, they will ignore you. Not knowing that its very important to learn swimming as the world is cover by water. Teaching people how to swim is my business. You can reach me on 07032779661 Coach Martins Aladdin.
Blessograo:
If you can't swim don't try it unless you have a professional with you, water is not like land where can stabilize yourself, people are just careless and too inquisitive cry
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Ladycloud(f): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Lekewatt:
for ur mind, u Don yab me... If they tell u people to go to school u wouldn't... Monstrous fool.. Quote me again and go to hell
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Ladycloud(f): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Lekewatt:
and how does ur stupid comment coincide with what was posted.... Asking me not do to anything that will cause premature death... Bloody hypocrite.. Holier than thou... Attention seeking gay!
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by yemmat2008(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2016
The reasons you should teach your childrem swimming this summer.........07032779661.

. It’s essential to their safety.

According to the National Safe Kids Campaign, drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury-related death to children ages one through 14. It is absolutely crucial that all kids know how to swim at a young age. There is water all around us, even if it’s as small as a bathtub. Making sure that your child is comfortable in and around water is essential to their safety.

I’ve been swimming since I was three years old, and almost all of my teammates began just as early. Even if your child isn’t interested in competitive swimming, ensuring your child knows how to swim should be done as early as possible. Their interest in the actual sport is just an added benefit!

2. It’s a low-impact sport.

Swimming is obviously low-impact, as it’s performed in water. According to Bucknell University, the body is 90 percent buoyant when in the water up to your neck, so you’re not hitting the ground with the weight you carry on land. Swimming is the ideal sport for the well being of one’s body in the long-run.

Yes, anything in excess can cause your body to break down, so swimming injuries are common. But if you get a shoulder injury, you may still kick during practice to stay in shape. This isn’t so easy in other sports, where you often have to stop the sport all together because of the impact.

In swimming, you can often just rest the injured part of your body, and still use the healthy part of you in the pool. The most common swimming injuries are from overuse, showing that swimming is a generally very easy on one’s body as opposed to a critical injury such as a sprain or break from running or jumping.

Note: The lack of serious injuries from swimming does not include dry land training, where often clumsy and uncoordinated fish out of water (also known as swimmers) are more likely to injure themselves. So what are you waiting for ?
yusaze:
RIP

SEE PHOTOS OF AUSTIN OGA'S CORPSE BEING DRAG OUT OF RIVER @@

www.9janewsarena.com/2016/07/18-year-old-nigeria-boy-schooling-in-us.html

....so sad!!
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Lordnewton1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
Racism!!?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends by Lekewatt(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ladycloud:
and how does ur stupid comment coincide with what was posted.... Asking me not do to anything that will cause premature death... Bloody hypocrite.. Holier than thou... Attention seeking gay!
school? 4got am ur teacher? B4 u tot of goin 2 sch, we had. So na school u dey take brag? U funny o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojo Inna Is Dead! Enesi Ojo Murderer Killed By Electricity Truck (Disturbing Pix / Cows Killed After Causing Accident Involving Luxurious Bus In Adamawa. Photos / Big Python Killed At Delta Broadcasting Service Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.