Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions (12386 Views)

List 3 Of Your Favourite TV Stations / New And Hot Tv,movie & Video Game Stuffed Animals For Kids In 2016 ! / Nollywod Characters And Their Characteristics (pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by joseph1832(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
naptu2:
I've been posting comic book characters. I've forgotten about my favourite spy/detective shows.
Lemme see.. There's Dan August. The Persuaders. And my favorite: Simon Templar, Mr S.T 1. The first guy I know with customize number plates. grin

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
There are many incarnations of this series, but I'm only going to post the ones that were shown in Nigeria.

The Avengers (John Steed and Emma Peel). (NTA Channel 10, NTA2 Channel 5 and LTV 8. 1970s and '80s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2PdaP8m6oI

The New Avengers (John Steed, Mike Gambit and Purdey). LTV 8 (1980s).

I enjoyed this show, but I never really got used to it. For me, the Avengers were John Steed and Emma Peel.

[img]http://wingedavenger.theavengers.tv/annuals/annuals_graphics/new77_1.gif[/img]
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
This series (like Village Headmaster) confuses people, because everybody remembers the newer version, but very few people remember the older version.

The Saint (Simon Templer). NTA Channel 10 (1970s).

Roger Moore is Simon Templer.

Return Of The Saint. NTA2 Channel 5 (1980s).

Ian Ogilvy is Simon Templer.

I (of course) have got to show a picture of the car. It's a Jaguar XJS (license plate ST1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-8991Q9jA
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1832:
Lemme see.. There's Dan August. The Persuaders. And my favorite: Simon Templar, Mr S.T 1. The first guy I know with customize number plates. grin

Yes!

Add Dan Tana, Hawaii 5-0, Ci5 (The Professionals), Skarsky And Hutch and Dempsey And Makepeace to your list.
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by bolt000(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ishilove:

O yeah. The 1977 version looks like a mad man covered in green paint, while the newer one is...I don't even know what that is undecided
lmao
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ishilove:

I don't know this character. Doesn't seem too popular

You don't know Daredevil?? shocked
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by joseph1832(m): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
naptu2:

Yes!

Add Dan Tana, Hawaii 5-0, Ci5 (The Professionals), Skarsky And Hutch and Dempsey And Makepeace to your list.
Not to forget our german friends, Derrick and The Investigator. grin

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Kaycee7(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
La Femme Nikita (1997)
Nikita (2010)

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
naptu2:

You don't know Daredevil?? shocked
No undecided

Do you know Sir Warrior and the Elumbe Dancers of Kwale? angry
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ishilove:

No undecided

Do you know Sir Warrior and the Elumbe Dancers of Kwale? angry

Of course I know Sir Warrior, but I've never heard of the Elumbe Dancers.
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
Kaycee7:
La Femme Nikita (1997)
Nikita (2010)

We saw a preview of this movie (Nikita) in 1990 and everybody was impressed. It looked like an action packed movie. So we resolved that the next time someone went to the video club, the person must rent this movie.

So we rented the movie and slotted it into the VCR. Good God, it was boring! We banned the poor guy that had rented it from renting movies at the video club (despite the fact that we had all agreed to rent it).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
naptu2:

Of course I know Sir Warrior, but I've never heard of the Elumbe Dancers.
Ehen!! Naptu! shocked shocked

Lmaaaao!! cheesy
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
naptu2:

We saw a preview of this movie (Nikita) in 1990 and everybody was impressed. It looked like an action packed movie. So we resolved that the next time someone went to the video club, the person must rent this movie.

So we rented the movie and slotted it into the VCR. Good God, it was boring! We banned the poor guy that had rented it from renting movies at the video club (despite the fact that we had all agreed to rent it).
Lmao! My dear ehn, I heard that movie is very boring cheesy
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
ijustdey:
I still prefer the old robocop to the new one
Same here. The new one is 'some how'
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Ehen!! Naptu! shocked shocked

Lmaaaao!! cheesy

grin
How many people in Nigeria know Daredevil and how many people in Nigeria know the Elumbe Dancers??

How many people in Nigeria know Sir Warrior and how many people in Nigeria know the Elumbe Dancers??

cheesy
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2016
Ishilove:

The actor in the old one looks like Charlie Sheen grin

You missed an important one.

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me. I was in shock when I heard what happened to him. He still acted in some films after he became paralysed (eg Rear Window).

Superman 1 (1978).
Superman 2 (1980).
Superman 3 (1983).
Superman 4 (1987).

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Christopher Reeve

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2016
Goose bumps!

Opening sequence.

Christopher Reeve, Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, etc.

Superman (1978).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1aQx9hTaE

Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, etc

Superman II (1980).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1aQx9hTaE

Christopher Reeve, Richard Pryor, etc

Superman III (1983).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BwmdEfrDk

Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, etc.

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace (1987).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ka2Yt5_6M

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2016
naptu2:

You missed an important one.

Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me. I was in shock when I heard what happened to him. He still acted in some films after he became paralysed (eg Rear Window).

Superman 1 (1978).
Superman 2 (1980).
Superman 3 (1983).
Superman 4 (1987).

The only Superman I grew up watching was. Christopher Reeves. sad

Well, at least he had the injury doing what he loved
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2016
naptu2:

grin
How many people in Nigeria know Daredevil and how many people in Nigeria know the Elumbe Dancers??

How many people in Nigeria know Sir Warrior and how many people in Nigeria know the Elumbe Dancers??

cheesy
Emmm tongue

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2016
Who's your favourite James Bond? Mine is Roger Moore, while my mum's favourite was Sean Connery. Roger Moore had almost the same personality in his famous tv series - Simon Templer, Persuaders, etc.

I never got used to Timothy Dalton playing the part of James Bond. He was always Mr Rochester (Jane Eyre) to me.

From l-r: Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Daniel Craig, Sean Connery, George Lazenby and Pierce Brosnan.

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by An0nimus: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2016
Ishilove:

I don't know this character. Doesn't seem too popular

Daredevil. Ben Affleck before he dazzled us in the new Batman costume. The old movie had Bullseye, Elektra and Kingpin. I think it was there Ben started off with Jennifer Garner (who played Elektra). The new Daredevil series is one of my best superhero series on TV right now. Season 2 killed it with Punisher and Elektra.
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by shumuel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmao!!! cheesy

What you mean that thing was Ironman, remembered watching the movie but didn't know it was Ironman Lol grin
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by shumuel(m): 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
[/quote]
naptu2:
Who's your favourite James Bond? Mine is Roger Moore, while my mum's favourite was Sean Connery. Roger Moore had almost the same personality in his famous tv series - Simon Templer, Persuaders, etc.
I never got used to Timothy Dalton playing the part of James Bond. He was always Mr Rochester (Jane Eyre) to me.
From l-r: Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Daniel Craig, Sean Connery, George Lazenby and Pierce Brosnan.

Pierce Brosnan Please grin
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
Doctor Who

There have been many incarnations of this series, but I'm only going to post the two that I'm certain were shown in Nigeria.

The Doctor

Patrick Troughton is The Doctor.

This version of Doctor Who was shown in Nigeria in the 1970s. The BBC had destroyed most of the tapes of this series and was frantically searching for anyone who had tapes of them. Well, they were found in NTA Jos.

Tom Baker is The Doctor.

NTA2 Channel 5 (mid 1980s - 1990s).

The TARDIS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
An0nimus:

Daredevil. Ben Affleck before he dazzled us in the new Batman costume. The old movie had Bullseye, Elektra and Kingpin. I think it was there Ben started off with Jennifer Garner (who played Elektra). The new Daredevil series is one of my best superhero series on TV right now. Season 2 killed it with Punisher and Elektra.
I still don't know him undecided

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
naptu2:

Definitely Pierce Brosnan cheesy
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
naptu2:
Doctor Who

There have been many incarnations of this series, but I'm only going to post the two that I'm certain were shown in Nigeria.

The Doctor

Patrick Troughton is The Doctor.

This version of Doctor Who was shown in Nigeria in the 1970s. The BBC had destroyed most of the tapes of this series and was frantically searching for anyone who had tapes of them. Well, they were found in NTA Jos.

Tom Baker is The Doctor.

NTA2 Channel 5 (mid 1980s - 1990s).

The TARDIS.

I grew up watching Tom Baker as Dr Who. Tom OWNED the character smiley
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by Ishilove: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
shumuel:

What you mean that thing was Ironman, remembered watching the movie but didn't know it was Ironman Lol grin
My dear ehn. E taya me cheesy
Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by dfrost: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Definitely Pierce Brosnan cheesy

naptu2 definitely Ishilove admires men who possess a romantic charisma over the opposite gender.

Best James Bond of all time is Sean Connery.

Best Romantic charismatic James Bond of the modern day is Pierce Brosnan. imo wink

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New: Your Favourite TV/Movie Characters And Their Different Versions by naptu2: 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
Bionic Woman (I can't remember if I saw this on the NTA or on LTV, but it was on nigerian tv in the early 1980s).

Bionic Woman (2007). I don't think this was shown on nigerian tv.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nengi Exposes Her Butt As She Rock Underwear While Playing Table Tennis / BBA 7: Musician Goldie Is An Housemate This Year / Nana Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.