Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers (17891 Views)

DSS Nabs 4 Boko Haram Men In Lagos / Breaking News!!! Dss Nabs Niger Delta Avengers!! / "Don't Attack Soldiers, Oil Workers & Aircrafts" - Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by ijustdey: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
The Department of State Services (DSS) says it has arrested some suspected Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) militants.

The DSS said this in a statement on Friday.
The ‘Avengers’ are the militant group responsible for recent attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta.

According to the secret police, one Selky Torughedi, a suspected member of NDA and associate of Tompolo, was arrested for planning to assassinate a serving military officer in Kaduna state.

It said another suspected member of the NDA was arrested while planning to carry out attacks on oil installations.

“In a bid to stem the activities of vandals in the Niger Delta, this service effected the arrest of Selky Kile Torughedi, on 17th June, 2016, in Calabar, Cross River state,”the DSS said in the statement issued by Tony Opuiyo, its agent
“Torughedi is an ex-militant and suspected member of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), and was arrested for planning to assassinate one MB Yahaya, a serving military officer.

“Torughedi, who is a close associate of Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo), had already conducted surveillance at the residence of Yahaya in Kaduna, preparatory to his plot when he was intercepted. He is also fingered as a sponsor of pipeline vandalism in some states in the south-south region. Suspect is currently assisting the service, with critical leads.”

He said that in a related operation, the service arrested one Christian Oluba aka Sensor, another suspected militant with the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA).

“Sensor was arrested while perfecting plans to carry out explosive attacks on critical oil and gas pipelines, including critical storage points,” he said.

Also “arrested” was a member of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), who was planning, alongside his colleagues, to carry out attacks on the Computer Village in Lagos.

“Meanwhile, sequel to increasing threat posed to public peace by the activities of the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB), this Service arrested one Chidiebere Onwudiwe, a graduate of Mechanical and chemical engineering and known member of IPOB, on 22nd June, 2016.

“Onwudiwe and his associates within and outside the country were planning to carry out coordinated attacks against religious bodies/edifices, police-check points and the computer village in Ikeja, Lagos state, with Improvised Explosive devices (IEDS). The suspect was apprehended while making logistics supplies for their nefarious plan.”

https://www.thecable.ng/dss-nabs-suspected-niger-delta-avengers

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by madridguy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by dulaman: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
They say NDA on the headline and I also saw IPOD.
Are the two related ni or is it the same thing?

2 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Onix01: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
It's a shame for a graduate of mech&chem Eng who should focus on how to become a great personality and also make his parent proud to be involved in such a sham. Now Daura is proving they've got high-level intelligence like that of CSI & 24. The aggrieved youth should either negotiate or focus on their respective trade towards making impact on their immediate community. United we stand, divided we shall all fall.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Lawalemi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Great effort. It seems they have woken up

4 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Dragonking: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
dulaman:
They say NDA on the headline and I also saw IPOD.
Are the two related ni or is it the same thing?
They aren't the same thing but as usual ipob is irrelevant so they always use news of NDA to seek relevance.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
See them again they want to sell us. this government is confused and now they want to confuse their confused followers bt am not easly confused or conviced i believ the truth wil always help us bt IPOB hav not turn 2 violent group but if they hav we wil not hear they are planning to but they hav done it.
Bt 90% of the shops in computer village are ownd by IPOB I Percive lies her

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by alizma: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
k
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by wowmenow: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Useless DSS that was how they arrange a fake chibok girl and hide her after

Buhari said he his in dialogue with them how come DSS make arrest

Everything about buhari government is confusion

6 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by kulobyno: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
[size=15pt]An Igbo man can sell narcotics or anything to you to go kill yourself but no Igbo man can bomb a market flooded with Igbos NO MATTER THE GRIEVANCE. dont ask me why but thats the truth[/size]

DSS had better cook up another allegation to charge the arrested IPOB member

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hizzy:
See them again they want to sell us. this government is confused and now they want to confuse their confused followers bt am not easly confused or conviced i believ the truth wil always help us bt IPOB hav not turn 2 violent group but if they hav we wil not hear they are planning to but they hav done it.

But It would have been true If Computer village wasn't included eh

Una dey krase!

If Avengers can blow up pipelines affecting their own people, what makes you think Ipobeasts can't do the same to computer village?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by passionate88: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Here we go again!

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by eleko1: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Torughedi is probably a kidnapper/a thief While Sensor OlubA is member of the SCAVENGER. Torture them with HOT electric rod undecided

11 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by stefan388: 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Onix01:
It's a shame for a graduate of mech&chem Eng who should focus on how to become a great personality and also make his parent proud to be involved in such a sham. Now Daura is proving they've got high-level intelligence like that of CSI & 24. The aggrieved youth should either negotiate or focus on their respective trade towards making impact on their immediate community. United we stand, divided we shall all fall.
To you anything goes provided it is from Buhari's end abi.

2 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by kettle84(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hizzy:
how can you say 90% of shops at Computer village are owned by IPOB.

15 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
iPOOP yoot plannin attack on computer village, Lagos?

Hian!
diz kyne newz geh as ee be I nor lie u! grin
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by BlindAngel: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Whathaveidone:
. NOTHING

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by SultanmitchUSA: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
I don't understand much about these guys (I'm from USA), but these guys make me think they don't have the south's oil rights in mind.

I think its more likely the new North government might either be letting the Avengers do this so they can make the south more poor, so big companies (Shell, BP, Exxon) can pay the government to buy more planes/bombs/guns/etc to keep their pipelines safe. Then if the big companies control the oil, the money goes to the government and make the south have to split the money with the north, rather than let the south have all/most of the money.

Has anyone else thought this? Maybe the North government is even PAYING/ARMING the Avengers So they can have an excuse to come in with the military and control the south's oil economy?

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
I smell lies, one individual to assassinate a military officer? who's fooling who?

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by BraniacX(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
DSS
D epartment
Of
S tory
S tory
NDA ko Nigerian defence academy ni grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
SultanmitchUSA:
I don't understand much about these guys (I'm from USA), but these guys make me think they don't have the south's oil rights in mind.

I think its more likely the new North government might either be letting the Avengers do this so they can make the south more poor, so big companies (Shell, BP, Exxon) can pay the government to buy more planes/bombs/guns/etc to keep their pipelines safe. Then if the big companies control the oil, the money goes to the government and make the south have to split the money with the north, rather than let the south have all/most of the money.

Has anyone else thought this? Maybe the North government is even PAYING/ARMING the Avengers So they can have an excuse to come in with the military and control the south's oil economy?
Exactly my broda!

I had also told ppl in d past dat nd avengers might be a fg's tool to have total & underground control of d whole south. cool
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by chimichael05: 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
this news is as fake as iya basira rice smell nice but taste differently. Abeg guys wetin be scores i no get light for my area and livescore no dey open due to bad network.
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by visijo(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
i won't believe this until Lai mohammed have something to say on this...
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by papaejima1: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by ORIGENAL(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
So that's d photo of those arrested by DSS? ...abegi!!! which day Germany get match wit Italy?
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
That's what we call stick and carrot aproach.

wowmenow:
Useless DSS that was how they arrange a fake chibok girl and hide her after

Buhari said he his in dialogue with them how come DSS make arrest

Everything about buhari government is confusion

2 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by papaejima1: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Onix01:
So you believe that trash above?

The DSS is lost if what they want to tell the world is that an igboman was planning to bomb an Igbo market.

3 Likes

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Earth2Metahuman: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
kettle84:
how can you say 90% of shops at Computer village are owned by IPOB.
you forgot Igbos own 90% of business in Lagos, 80% in abuja, 75% in kano and 60% in south Africa. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by SultanmitchUSA: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
whoops wrong place, edit
Re: DSS ‘nabs’ Suspected Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good Job!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remembering James Ocholi: One Year After His Death (Photos) / Today Is Remembrance Sunday (100th Anniversary Of The End Of World War 1). / Osinbajo At APC Ward Congress In Eti Osa, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.