Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate (15687 Views)

I Lost 285k & $550 To Get Help World Wide Ghwx / Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Speaks: "I lost N750,000" / Help: I Bought Zenith Shares In 2004 But I Lost My Documents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by microben4luv(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
please nairalanders how to get my share back? I bought Dunlop and transcorp share in year 2016, and lost my share certificate due to movement from a place to another, since then I have been looking for how to retrieve my share, please help me with necessary information on what to do to get those shares back. your info will help me or you have been in this situation before please share your experience how you go about it. thanks
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by sichri(m): 6:53am On Jul 02, 2016
Talk to your stockbroker or get one if you don't already have. The stockbroker will give you a form to fill and with the information you supply, they will meet the company's registrar and sort things out for you.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by microben4luv(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2016
Thanks bro for you information, I just bought in public offer, don't have any stock broker, can I just meet any stock broker to help out, also how do they charge for that?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by DICKtator: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Stockbroker

Talk to your stockbroker

In other news,

Where is Buhari's certificate?

Please how can he retrieve his?
I'm asking cos he is a friend and NEPA has folded up, it is now PHCN.

Lalasticlala please move to Frontpage.
I need answers

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by teewai3(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Over to nairaland stock brokers

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ernie4life(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Open a cscs account with a stockbroker ( usually free) write a letter through your stock broker to the registrars authorising your stock broker to collect your shares and any outstanding units and credit into your cscs account, attach a valid means of identification( note your stock broker may charge a fee for this assistance usually 1k. Go to sec.gov.com to check for accredited stockbrokers ‎

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by nickxtra(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Is Dunlop still in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by toideve(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
itzdeejay:
I have a multi-million dollar idea that needs..#500,000 - #1,000,000 as capital....within 2months....the capital have been multiplied times 10 folds..... Contact me if you have capital for partnership.

Take your idea to Bank PHB. I am sure they would gladly help you out.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by DICKtator: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
sichri:
Talk to your stockbroker or get one if you don't already have. The stockbroker will give you a form to fill and with the information you supply, they will meet the company's registrar and sort things out for you.

Go to the issuing house with your source document (receipts for payment)

grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by osjoshua(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
the poster above is an amateur

the one below has nothing to say, wana eat free shares money

oya make i spread my mat here to observe....shareholders things...
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm planning on even buying shares but honestly I don't know how this stock market thing works. I want to invest like #1,000,000 on shares but I don't know to go about it and how much returns it would fetch me. I've always heard about the stock market but I really don't know how it works. Is there a stockbroker in the house pls?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by johnkay1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
so buying of share is still existing?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by PresVA: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm planning on even buying shares but honestly I don't know how this stock market thing works. I want to invest like 1,000,000 on shares but I don't know to go about it and how much returns it would fetch me.
Davide470 ... you have 'potential' customers cheesy

Answer the Op too..

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Sexytemi(f): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Interesting.....would love to buy shares someday, so am following this topic bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by lizfolay: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please help me too. My stockbroker has disappeared with all my shares certificates for some years now. How can I retrieve them? I hope he has not sold them. CSCS account he opened for me is not opening again, I can't access it.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by mamajaz(f): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
DICKtator:
Stockbroker
Talk to your stockbroker
In other news,
Where is Buhari's certificate?
Please how can he retrieve his? I'm asking cos he is a friend and NEPA has folded up, it is now PHCN.
Lalasticlala please move to Frontpage. I need answers
grin grin grin grin
Badt boy!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Lanretoye(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
toideve:

Take your idea to Bank PHB. I am sure they would gladly help you out.
correctest reply ever giveth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by macuwon(m): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
I have a similar problem, my mom bought shares in my name about 8years ago, I receive monthly mails of dividend or so, but it doesn't come every month. I don't really know how to follow it up, I once went to their office, they said i should come with my mom and stuff, but she is a bit too old to be jumping around now and she can't remember all the details of the transaction
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Enduranceportal: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
microben4luv:
please nairalanders how to get my share back? I bought Dunlop and transcorp share in year 2016, and lost my share certificate due to movement from a place to another, since then I have been looking for how to retrieve my share, please help me with necessary information on what to do to get those shares back. your info will help me or you have been in this situation before please share your experience how you go about it. thanks

Visit your stockbroker but u would need insurance bond-loss of shares insurance. Its d bond certificate that u would use to collect another shares certificate. Enduranceportal@gmail.com
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by deeway200(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please my dad is dead and he has a lot of unclaimed shares. Please can it be reclaimed?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by jackyraw09: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
goodluck bruh, times are hard
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by dunkem21(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
deeway200:
Please my dad is dead and he has a lot of unclaimed shares. Please can it be reclaimed?

Yeah. However, you need an "Estate account" to be able to claim them. Approach the court for a 'letter of administration' to determine the signatories of the account amongst your kith and kin i.e if there's no will.

Take heart and all the best.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ossyprince: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
;Dgo to police station n report to police station n report
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
hw cn u eat ur cake n have it bck
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ernie4life(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
lizfolay:
Please help me too. My stockbroker has disappeared with all my shares certificates for some years now. How can I retrieve them? I hope he has not sold them. CSCS account he opened for me is not opening again, I can't access it.

Open a new account with a stockbroker but fill in that same old cscs account number, then ask your new stockbroker you want to move your account from a dead/ non functioning house. Usually they will need a notary Republic from you with your valid identify card, a stud etc‎

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by phadriz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
For any matter relating to shares visit Heritage Capital Market Ltd. 15, Onikoyi Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. 08060366256
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by davide470(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm planning on even buying shares but honestly I don't know how this stock market thing works. I want to invest like #1,000,000 on shares but I don't know to go about it and how much returns it would fetch me. I've always heard about the stock market but I really don't know how it works. Is there a stockbroker in the house pls?
The stock market is an highly risky venture where you can lose a portion of your capital and for investments with high risks, it also has high returns if you invest wisely.

To start, you need to understand the companies listed on the market, their performance in terms of quartely and yearly results, do they pay dividends, how good is their corporate governance, are they making profit? et al..

Then open an account with a Brokerage firm and buy.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by davide470(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
deeway200:
I know a firm that has a product called : Probate Management. They do stuffs like this, depending on the value though.

You can shoot me a mail.
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by moscyt(m): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
ernie4life:
Open a cscs account with a stockbroker ( usually free) write a letter through your stock broker to the registrars authorising your stock broker to collect your shares and any outstanding units and credit into your cscs account, attach a valid means of identification( note your stock broker may charge a fee for this assistance usually 1k. Go to sec.gov.com to check for accredited stockbrokers ‎
How do I monitor my shares and everything? my siblings and I have shares in like 5companies, we do get the dividends but it stopped since like 2009. How do I monitor, claim all the dividends or sell off the shares?
Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by ernie4life(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:

stocks are high risk beware.
But if you dare then here are a few things to bear in mind.
Stock are usually long term investment.
There are 3 ways you make money from stocks 
1. Bonus : this usually when the company wants the expand and increase there capita the usual give you additional units to the ones you already have.
2. Dividend : that's when the company has made profit and the want to share it to the shareholders proportional to how many units they hold.
3. Capital appreciation : that's when a share u bought at 11.50k increases to 15.20k.
There are two things to consider when picking which stock to buy.
Technical and fundamental.

Technical may look at such issues like liquidity, expected value, it the stock over priced or not, what is the quantity of there outstanding shares etc. Are they are growth stock, defensive stock or etc‎

Fundamentals talks about there previous performance, do they have a succession plan, are they political exposed or not and how does it affect them, how does the government policy affect them etc

Choose a good stockbroker from sec.gov.com
Open a cscs account and talk to your stock broker to know which stocks you should go. Best of luck‎

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate by naira2dollar: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
osabuohein:

I work in stockbroking firm as operation and IT staff. Contact me I can help - 08166404423

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mysafepay.ng Is A Scam - Don't Pay Any N60,000 [fake Autoblogging Business] / Pi KYC is LIVE: How To Verify Your Pi Account / Brisk Capital Limited Legit Or Scam!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.