Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria (954 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / FOREX: Nigerians Will Continue To Suffer, Pending Massive Refining – Kachikwu / Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria by wisdompraise(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
WHY THE LEBANESE AND CHINESE CONTINUE TO PROSPER IN NIGERIA WHILE WE NIGERIANS WAIL ON FACEBOOK I got this from a friend on a whatsapp thread and thought it was so apt and on point I just had to repost it to other Nigerians still shouting about famine or forex or economic downturn... "Recently I was telling a friend that Cool FM, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info, Wazobia TV, Cool Link, Chocolate Royal etc, is owned by an individual. The guy shouted that is not true! When I further told him that it was owned by a Lebanese, the guy almost punched my fine face (make I show myself small. LolZ). Most Nigerians currently feel like hanging Mr. President. Particularly the importers due to the dollar rise. I've been feeling the same way too until I had an encounter with a Chinese guy, and I've tagged my feelings as stupidity. This Chinese guy has a factory where he manufactures furnitures here in Nigeria. One of his raw material is wood, which he source from Nigeria because Nigerian wood is cheap and of the best quality. But he has to import other accessories. But one of the amazing thing is, since the rise of the dollar the guy has been importing accessories, yet he has not increased the price of his products. So how come? This guy put his wife in charge of the factory, while he spends most of his time at Shagamu buying timber and exporting to China. The money from the exported timber that was suppose to be transferred back to him here in Nigeria, is been used to buy the furniture accessories he uses for production. By so doing he doesn't need to buy dollar. So he said, Emmanuel, I don't have problem with dollar rising to N500 against the naira...because I don't need it for anything. He said his Indian friend does the same thing with ginger export. While the only thing we Nigerian's do is exporting our complain on social media. So the Indians and the Chinese are busy coming up with strategy that has defiled the dollar challenge, we Nigerians are shouting dollar is high. " Again it is all about taking advantage of the situation to move ahead stead of just wailing on social media. Let's all start THINKING AND DOING even as we criticize govt policies we don't like! God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria by onitaja(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
And he is also making profit both ways. I mean the chinese guy.
Re: Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria by blackprowler: 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
There are lots of things we can do amongst ourselves citizens to better our condition, but we have been conditioned to ask government to do everything for us. No wonder we're getting worse everyday
Re: Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria by Cargoed: 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Exactly they are succeeding because of ops like you. How can someone come to your country deforest it. Take away trees planted by your Great grand parents and you give them a good handshake.

We need to wake up, why did he not go to his country to do this because there are real and enforced laws there.

Just read about deforestation and the next time you see your heroes you arrest them. The minister of environment has just seen the light and banned all timber exports....but is it enforced.

If your heroes where actually exporting made in Nigeria furniture I may try to understand you...but no I don't ....
Deforestation is the sole cause of Sahara encroachment drying up of lakechad Heating up of inner cities. Low oxygen and more Co2 leading to shorter life spans....reducing of ecological conservation. Increase in erosion and mud slides the list goes on next time you see your heroes tap them on the back and say well done
Re: Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2016
Obviously, your chinese friend has not told you the truth, coz timber export is on export prohibition list.if he is truly doing that as you claimed, then he is a smuggler. On the other hand, Nigerian are not asking dz inept government for much, the average Nigerians are very hard working people, frustrated by the government of the day. Let dz govt provides electricity for an average of 16 hours /day,make agriculture lucrative , genuine diversification of the economy, reduce dependency on oil wealth, Make political appointment less attractive, encourage small and medium scale enterprise, then you will see the ingenuity of the people. Life is not all about smuggling of scarce natural resources by the Indians and Lebanese.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Peperish Plantain Chips As A Small Business Idea / Apply Now For The 1-million Naira Sabmiller Kickstart Grant / Zenith Bank Slashed Salary Despite Huge Profits Amidst High Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.