Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? (3957 Views)

I Phoned Buhari 3 Times, But He Shunned My Calls – Fayose / Bunmi Falana, The Zenith Bank Staff Who Knelt Down Is Fayose's Boy - Abimbola O / Buhari Nigerians Are Suffering, US Trip Is “joke Of The Year” - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Samakus(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
If anyone thinks he has heard the last of Governor Ayodele Fayose/wife of the president, Aisha Buhari/ Halliburton bribery scandal, well, he must just have jumped the gun.

In fact, available information indicates that the President’s wife is presently performing lesser hajj in Saudi Arabia, instead of the much-touted World First Ladies Conference holding at Colorado she was billed to attend in the United States of America.

News media was awash on June 30 that wife of the president, Aisha has cancelled her planned visit to the United States.

Aisha Buhari trip to USAJune 30 has come and gone officially. Yesterday was the day Aisha Buhari wasset to visit USA to attend the first world ladies conference.. This would also be a platform for her to try to prove she is not the Aisha Buhari in the haliburton scandal as alleged by Governor fayose..

We wish the first lady safe journey

To add insult to injury, the media director in the Office of the Wife of the President, Zakari Nadabo, who announced the cancellation of the US trip, did not give any reason for Aisha Buhari’s decision.

It is no secret that the controversial Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose dared Mrs. Buhari to travel to the States to clear her name of alleged corruption.

The bone of contention is that Fayose alleged that the wife of President Buhari is the same ‘Aisha Buhari’ linked with the infamous Halliburton bribery scandal.

The scandal rocked some very important personnels in the Nigerian corridors of power and sent a US lawmaker, William J. Jefferson to jail.

According to the judgement, $170,000 was transferred from ‘Aisha Buhari’s’ account to an account belonging to The ANJ Group, LLC, identifying Mr. Jefferson as beneficiary.

Interestingly, in what is now touted as show of bravado, Mrs. Buhari scheduled a trip to the United States of America for the World First Ladies Conference holding at Colorado.

Prior to that, the office of the wife of the president paraded a passport with bearer identified as “Aisha Mohammadu Buhari”.

According to her image makers, the said “Aisha Mohammadu Buhari” was the indicted fellow in the Halliburton scandal.

Raising an eyebrow to the development, however, the Special Assistant, Public Communication and New Media to Governor Fayose, Mr. Lere Olayinka noted:

“In addition, AISHA MOHAMMADU is on the passport as her name. When [did] women [start] bearing MOHAMMADU?

“Obviously, this passport is FAKE?”

Another commentator, Sola Kuti quipped on a New York Times 2007 story to exonerate Mrs. Buhari:

“We have been shouting about Halliburton and Aisha Buhari for more than two years. No response from the Aisha Buhari we know.

“Then yesterday a story suddenly shows up in the New York Times from 2007 with the picture of a new Aisha Buhari.

“...read the story and see if it even makes sense....very disjointed and merry go roundish...obviously planted just to tell some story of an Aisha Buhari...these people will go to any length...honestly.

“Today a passport shows up everywhere with the new Aisha Buhari, who coincidentally was born in Daura...

“But the fraudsters failed to hide the fact that the said passport was issued in Washington in 2012.

“Meanwhile the said Aisha Buhari was indicted in 2005 and is wanted...

“So the question we are asking is simple, if she was indicted in 2005, why was she still roaming freely on US soil in 2012?

“And why is the Aisha Buhari we know absolutely reluctant to visit the US? Question.”

The wife of President Buhari, in her response, failed to deny or confirm whether she was the person mentioned in connection with Congressman Jefferson.

Rather, she resulted to name calling on her twitter handle.

In her words: “Enough is Enough Fayose. A mad dog that isn’t chained. I refuse to keep quiet.”

"Enough is enough Fayose is an unchained mad dog.

“If Buhari is 73 years old, I Aisha am 45 years old, I have more than enough energy to face you."

The Nigeria’s first lady, however, deleted the tweets shortly afterwards.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/opinion/8319-now-that-aisha-buhari-shunned-her-us-trip-is-fayose-right

3 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by HungerBAD: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Fayose has never been right all his life.

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by PhilemonObende: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

says a yoruba muslim. grin grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Flexherbal(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
The truth will surely come out someday.
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by eleko1: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
undecided Nah by force to travel to America undecided ?. FAYOSE is A rabble-rouser sad
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
eleko1:
undecided Nah by force to travel to America undecided ?. FAYOSE is A rabble-rouser sad
ALL I KNOW, THE HALLIBURTON" AISHA BUHARI" WOULD ONE DAY BE KNOWN! JUSTICE DELAYED IS NOT JUSTICE DENIED

13 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by tiwiex(m): 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
eleko1:

Na by necessity. There is a first lady conference. But seriously, isn't it strange she has not been to the US since inception with the all expense paid government opportunities? Now this one. Even if she didn't want to go, it is politically expedient she does so now to silence our doubts. This is supposed to be the corruption-free government oh.

28 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by petrov10: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
lollll grin
she knows it's a shoot on sight thing

let her try it
petty thief

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by eleko1: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
sad ."America Will Know" Let the US Expose dis "Ghost" AiSha.Until then,FAYOSE remained a CONFUSIONIST
Chosen1984:
ALL I KNOW, THE HALLIBURTON" AISHA BUHARI" WOULD ONE DAY BE KNOWN! JUSTICE DELAYED IS NOT JUSTICE DENIED
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Aisha Buhari is President Buhari's corruption and bribe racket proxy

I blame GEJ for not opening this case and using it to stop Buhari

If he did we will not be here today

19 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by eleko1: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
I Quiet understand U.IF she travel now,Some pipu will still Cry "Waste Of TAX PaYers Money in this Hardship" on owambe. She dey ramadam/fasting now. She'll go afta ramadam
tiwiex:

Na by necessity. There is a first lady conference. But seriously, isn't it strange she has not been to the US since inception with the all expense paid government opportunities? Now this one. Even if she didn't want to go, it is politically expedient she does so now to silence our doubts. This is supposed to be the corruption-free government oh.

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by mightyhaze: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Any body that believes buhari is not corrupt will believe anything

16 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Dcomrade(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Aisha Buhari may have a contrary opinion to this your comment. grin

Mr President can't visit Niger Delta( at least for now).

Mr President wife can't visit USA (at least for now).

Even the much alleged corrupt PEJ aka mama peace wld have proved FAYOSE wrong grin grin grin

Well, may be corruption is fighting back cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by mrintellectual(m): 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
I think u need som food..
US GOVT: Fayose’s Allegation on President Buhari’s Wife Aisha Was True (Photos) – SaharaReportersRescue http://saharareportersrescue.com/2016/06/24/us-govt-fayoses-allegation-on-president-buharis-wife-aisha-was-true-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by salam8528: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
mrintellectual:

US GOVT: Fayose’s Allegation on President Buhari’s Wife Aisha Was True (Photos) – SaharaReportersRescue http://saharareportersrescue.com/2016/06/24/us-govt-fayoses-allegation-on-president-buharis-wife-aisha-was-true-photos/
dis fays because of hatred people believe anything dey hear, keep taking panadol for another person headache
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by drss(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
mrintellectual:

aisha buarigate is buari's dullard corruption pipe.
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by mrintellectual(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
I stand against corruption, so any1 who drums corruption should expect it's dance.
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Onenaira1: 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Chosen1984:

Exactly. She might avoid it in this life but she won't avoid the Justice in the spirit world.

She'll get hers. Her and her husband has a special area of hell waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by DaBullIT(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
PhilemonObende:

says a yoruba muslim. grin grin

Odenson everyone who opposes your view is not Yoruba Muslim
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by idupaul: 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
I doesn't prove anything ..even if she travels she won't be arrested because she will be on a diplomatic passport so can't even be arrested

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 02, 2016
salam8528:
dis fays because of hatred people believe anything dey hear, keep taking panadol for another person headache

Buhari is a fraud like other.politicians

2 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Thobiy(m): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2016
watching, who is deceiving us
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by collitexnaira(m): 7:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Am not surprised she didn't go, APC re party of deceit
Fayose maybe very right

3 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by pode(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2016
idupaul:
I doesn't prove anything ..even if she travels she won't be arrested because she will be on a diplomatic passport so can't even be arrested

That mean you agreed she's a thief
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by RZArecta(m): 7:32am On Jul 02, 2016
The Buhari family is fantastically corrupt led by their patriarch who happens to be our president. You guys should calm down and enjoy the steady stream of revelations coming your way while I find a way to chop my own

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Oxenomy: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2016
idupaul:
Who told you that? Once sh has a criminal case to answer, she will be arrested once she steps foot in US.. You think USA gives a Fvck about diplomatic immunity nonesense?
Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by idupaul: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Oxenomy:
Who told you that? Once sh has a criminal case to answer, she will be arrested once she steps foot in US.. You think USA gives a Fvck about diplomatic immunity nonesense?

The last time I checked Nigeria still had intact diplomatic ties with that USA and so they will honor our diplomatic immunity anytime

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Frankiss44(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2016
HungerBAD:

Truly I must admit.... Hunger is Bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Oxenomy: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2016
idupaul:

The last time I checked Nigeria still had intact diplomatic ties with that USA and so they will honor our diplomatic immunity anytime
Not when it's about a criminal offence and besides, Buhari promised Obama when he visited him that he will open the Halliburton case file and up till now, nothing has been done. She knows better and she dare not try it.. USA no de look face.. Even USA don't have immunity for their leaders including the president and you want to honor diplomatic immunity nonesense for a worthless 3rd class country like Nigeria? No de deceive yourself there..

3 Likes

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by idupaul: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Oxenomy:
Not when it's about a criminal offence and besides, Buhari promised Obama when he visited him that he will open the Halliburton case file and up till now, nothing has been done. She knows better and she dare not try it.. USA no de look face.. Even USA don't have immunity for their leaders including the president and you want to honor diplomatic immunity nonesense for a worthless 3rd class country like Nigeria? No de deceive yourself there..

In the past we have seen them honor the diplomatic ties of Charles Taylor who was wanted for a jail break in the US ..we saw them honor the diplomatic immunity of Atiku ABUBAKAR as Nigerian VP when he was left to easily exit the US during the heights of the same haliburton investigation. ..I know they will honor it when it comes to this wife of the president

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by Oxenomy: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2016
idupaul:

In the past we have seen them honor the diplomatic ties of Charles Taylor who was wanted for a jail break in the US ..we saw them honor the diplomatic immunity of Atiku ABUBAKAR as Nigerian VP when he was left to easily exit the US during the heights of the same haliburton investigation. ..I know they will honor it when it comes to this wife of the president
In the case f Charlse Taylor, why he wsnt arrested was because the US government had already dropped charges on him to years after the jailbreak. As for Atiku, I don't know when you are talking about, you may have to give me links.. Remember OBJ told him to travel to US if he is clean..

1 Like

Re: Now That Aisha Buhari Shunned Her US Trip, Is Fayose Right? by idupaul: 9:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Oxenomy:
In the case f Charlse Taylor, why he wsnt arrested was because the US government had already dropped charges on him to years after the jailbreak. As for Atiku, I don't know when you are talking about, you may have to give me links.. Remember OBJ told him to travel to US if he is clean..

Remember the night Atiku home was raided ..he was still in the US when that home was raided and he was allowed to leave because he was still vice president ..I am sure Obasanjo was referring to him travelling after he left the VP post

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Chairman, FCT Press Corps, Mr. Attah Ikharo Visit His Village (photos) / We Are Not Merging With Any Political Party!- ANN / Oshiomhole Finally Reacts To Obaseki Disqualification In A New Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.