Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates (13823 Views)

Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / Kwarapoly Hnd 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out / KWARAPOLY 2016/2017 HND Admission List Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Taeewo(m): 5:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Success Nwogu
It was the end of the road for Mohammed Opeyemi, who owned an internet cafe on the premises of Kwara State Polytechnic in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Opeyemi, who was arrested by the security personnel of the institution, had for a long time been allegedly forging fees clearance documents for the graduating students of the school.
Narrating how the culprit was apprehended on Wednesday, the Rector of Kwarapoly, Alhaji Mas’ud Elelu, said the suspect was caught with a stamp and signature specimen of the approving officer of the audit department of the institution.
Elelu, who is also the Chairman, Council of Heads of Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in Nigeria, described the action of the suspect as an economic sabotage and a dent to the image of the poly.
According to him, Opeyemi was later handed over to the police for interrogation and possible prosecution. He added that after investigation, any student or staff that is an accomplice of the culprit would be punished.
Elelu said, “We caught him through our intelligent network. We caught him with some of the stamps and documents he had forged. He had stamps of the audit department and even the signature of the man in audit that normally signs the document.
“That audit paper is always presented before certificates are signed. The procedure is that at the end of payment by graduating students, there is verification, after which the audit department will certify. It is the paper from audit that is attached to the application sent to Exams and Records and then the calligrapher will now write the certificate and send it to the Registrar; then it will come to me as the final person that will sign.
“The document and signature of the person who certifies that a particular student has paid at the audit department are what Opeyemi used to forge. He has the stamp and the signature and we caught him. We have handed him over to the police. They are investigating.”
Elelu said Opeyemi’s cafe had been shut down and that investigations were on to arrest his accomplices.
“The certificates that have been signed or to be signed by him have been stopped,” he added.
The Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ajayi Jeffrey, said the police was committed to arresting fraudsters, including those who engage in forgery.
He added that after investigations, the police would ensure that the culprit was prosecuted. He urged people to desist from any criminal indulgence, adding that the law would catch up with people of questionable character in the state.

www.punchng.com/kwarapoly-nabs-cybercafe-owner-helping-students-forge-certificates/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by brunofarad(m): 5:57am On Jul 02, 2016
Judgement day for the guru of kwara grin

Meanwhile,
I noticed a current trend in our national polity,

Currently Nigerian politics is no more on the basis of PDP,APC,LABOUR PARTY,ACCORD PARTY etal.

NOWADAYS,.....the CATEGORY is BROAD....its eigther you are

1. A WAILER cheesy

Or

2. A ZOMBIE grin

NIGERIANS THO

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
That's the situation in most Nigerian institutions (especially the state owned ones). A staff, who will be collecting his or her own cut, will definitely be an accomplice.

Meanwhile, Kwara state (Mr. Opeyemi, Senate President...) and forgery....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by sammer4life(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
See Free Front Page
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
see face,, i dont no why they call u that Opeyemi.. sef... angry angry angry sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by mu2sa2: 6:01am On Jul 02, 2016
He is certainly not the only one involved in this sort of scam. This one has been caught but he's probably a son of the soil and trust the ilorins as usual Bukola saraki ( if he is one of his loyal thugs) or the emir or some other equally prominent and shameless "big men" will do the needful for him - he won't be prosecuted!!!! Cyber cafes have mushroomed everywhere and many are engaged in fake certificate printing. Well, we are paying the price for opting as a nation for certificate worshipping rather than acknowledging skill and talent. A certificate should be evidence of knowledge or skill of the holder, but these days people just print certificates and want to be employed in jobs requiring expertise! Some people even pass through school hardly learning anything and are awarded certificates. That's why you will see a first class graduates but s/he is no better than a dunce in his supposed field of study. Whither nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Dennis192: 6:01am On Jul 02, 2016
Good for him. I believe he is not alone
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 02, 2016
What do you expect? A state where the self proclaimed leader (and Senate president) had a doctorate in forgery and impunity

3 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by esantex(m): 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Dem don catch am
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
sammer4life:
See Free Front Page
grin grin grin
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Taeewo(m): 6:06am On Jul 02, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
see face,, i dont no why they call u that Opeyemi.. sef... angry angry angry sad sad
ur namesake arrested for forgery..

9 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by ahnie: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Was he Caught?i meant did they Cut him!i pray he should be Cutted.

2 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by QEU86: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Taeewo:
Success Nwogu
It was the end of the road for Mohammed Opeyemi, who owned an internet cafe on the premises of Kwara State Polytechnic in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Opeyemi, who was arrested by the security personnel of the institution, had for a long time been allegedly forging fees clearance documents for the graduating students of the school.
Narrating how the culprit was apprehended on Wednesday, the Rector of Kwarapoly, Alhaji Mas’ud Elelu, said the suspect was caught with a stamp and signature specimen of the approving officer of the audit department of the institution.
Elelu, who is also the Chairman, Council of Heads of Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in Nigeria, described the action of the suspect as an economic sabotage and a dent to the image of the poly.
According to him, Opeyemi was later handed over to the police for interrogation and possible prosecution. He added that after investigation, any student or staff that is an accomplice of the culprit would be punished.
Elelu said, “We caught him through our intelligent network. We caught him with some of the stamps and documents he had forged. He had stamps of the audit department and even the signature of the man in audit that normally signs the document.
“That audit paper is always presented before certificates are signed. The procedure is that at the end of payment by graduating students, there is verification, after which the audit department will certify. It is the paper from audit that is attached to the application sent to Exams and Records and then the calligrapher will now write the certificate and send it to the Registrar; then it will come to me as the final person that will sign.
“The document and signature of the person who certifies that a particular student has paid at the audit department are what Opeyemi used to forge. He has the stamp and the signature and we caught him. We have handed him over to the police. They are investigating.”
Elelu said Opeyemi’s cafe had been shut down and that investigations were on to arrest his accomplices.
“The certificates that have been signed or to be signed by him have been stopped,” he added.
The Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ajayi Jeffrey, said the police was committed to arresting fraudsters, including those who engage in forgery.
He added that after investigations, the police would ensure that the culprit was prosecuted. He urged people to desist from any criminal indulgence, adding that the law would catch up with people of questionable character in the state.

www.punchng.com/kwarapoly-nabs-cybercafe-owner-helping-students-forge-certificates/
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Mopolchi: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
It reminds me of Oluwole and signs Ltd at Lagos Island.

5 Likes

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Joettti: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Being nabed is what we call time up as 99 days they say is for d barawo and ojo kan is for d owner!!!! Hmm I de relax wit my pop corn and kunu joooor!!!!! See flexing
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by sambalo75l: 6:11am On Jul 02, 2016
Taeewo:
Success Nwogu

Sorry your game is up. Mr Oluwole
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by afanide: 6:13am On Jul 02, 2016
he must have forged up to 1,000 for them to have noticed that now...cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Joettti: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2016
ahnie:
Was he Caught?i meant did they Cut him!i pray he should be Cutted.

Hmmmmm!!!!! Cutted you say? Temper justice with mercy ma'am its the hardship in d country dats leading d youth astray! Come to fink of it d looters has dia names been published?
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by omoijesa(m): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2016
Na today y*rsh dey back....mtcheeewww
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by ichommy(m): 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Chai, I pity the guy.

Please vote ICHOMMY. Mr NL 2016. ICHOMMY for the crown https://www.nairaland.com/ichommy
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Barackmeringo: 6:16am On Jul 02, 2016
*hands on head*

Mogbe o

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Frank3n2(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Opeyemi grin
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by evansjeff(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2016
This reminds me of the day i went to make a photocopy of my result that i had invested 4 years into plus all the money, stress, queues, tests, exams, PhD-like assignments, u know the rest...only to see the cafe guy forging a result for a babe...I felt so bad that I almost reported them. I think school management should sometimes pay unscheduled visits to these cafe's around the campus.
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by SmithHumble50: 6:20am On Jul 02, 2016
I am sure the guy no even get certificate of him own?

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by cooldipo(m): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2016
Short cut.. cut short!

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by ahnie: 6:22am On Jul 02, 2016
Joettti:

Hmmmmm!!!!! Cutted you say? Temper justice with mercy ma'am its the hardship in d country dats leading d youth astray! Come to fink of it d looters has dia names been published?
heartdsheeps liding the yooth astrays oh Nos.tenpa justink wheat mency.they shoe caught the man abeg.
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by joedams: 6:26am On Jul 02, 2016
Chai!!
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by joedams: 6:26am On Jul 02, 2016
Dude is just one out of many. Am so sure many other cafe owners in the same institution are doing same. Sorry Opeyemi, at this point your name is now "ewonyemi".

1 Like

Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 02, 2016
Kill him straight!!!!
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by McElvis: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2016
I pity the Guy see Him face like who dis change do really affect make dey free am joor d fraud wey ogas @ d top dey do nor pass dis one.. Dis guy hasn't eaten
Re: Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates by muller101(m): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2016
Caught @ last. Name checkers will invade soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? / Is Oau Truly The Most Beautiful Campus In 9ja? / Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.