Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Cosmetics Shop Set Up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cosmetics Shop Set Up (13123 Views)

How To Produce Cosmetics Products In Nigeria / How To Start Cosmetics Business In Nigeria With N50.000 / What Business Can I Set Up For My Elderly Father In The Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 6:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Good day everyone, I do need your help in getting informed and sensitized on what it takes, gains, pains, cost, materials needed and everything neccessarily needed in setting up a cosmetics shop... I intend going back to school after completing my industrial training I'm currently undergoing and I wanna set up a business with my savings and with the little the little survey I've made and advice I've gotten from friends, I arrived at going into this business but I'm truly clueless coz I've got no experience in this field but I truly wanna get involved in it. I sincerely need ur advice, coaching, and every information needed in seeing this business coming into reality...
looking forward to your response...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by afanide: 7:04am On Jul 02, 2016
Go into Importation Business.....
Cosmetics is a good line...... But do ur research well bro....

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2016
afanide:
Go into Importation Business.....

Cosmetics is a good line...... But do ur research well bro....

cosmetics shop happens to be my top priority at the moment, importation can fall under it but that should be in the future...

I do need the information/ cost in setting it up...

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by afanide: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
xolocious:

cosmetics shop happens to be my top priority at the moment, importation can fall under it but that should be in the future...

I do need the information/ cost in setting it up...

Future? Almost 95% of your cosmetics would be imported. Except for our Nigerian made Creams and all that.

Gooluck bro......
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2016
afanide:

Future? Almost 95% of your cosmetics would be imported. Except for our Nigerian made Creams and all that.

Gooluck bro......

I guess we both are misinterpreting ourselves. I'm not seeing ur own opinion as biased nor odd, I'm only trying to point out thats it's not advisable for me to do so at this point. I'm only a beginner with no experience whatsoever in this field, I wanna start from the scratch and it will be crazy to give into importation. it's will be better I patronize dealers,agents and wholesalers in ensuring this dream comes to reality...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2016
I also intend to set up a cosmetic business before the end of the year God willing. Let me share some of my findings with you.
First location is key! You need a place the is accessible like in a market, near a bus stop or by the road side not far from a bus stop. Also the shops around have to complement yours. Get a place near where clothes, shoes are sold or near a saloon.
Next make sure your shop is not too large. Cosmetics are small items so getting a small shop guarantees that it will look full and appealing.
Before you buy try and see if you can get them from shops in other areas willing to expand. Also search for new brands willing to supply you on credit or part payment. Saves you money and you can easily determine what sort of products people prefer.
Learn about makeup so u can give informed advice.
Packaging is key. Find out what can attract people and keep them coming back.
My two cents!

5 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
chinene1:
I also intend to set up a cosmetic business before the end of the year God willing. Let me share some of my findings with you.
First location us key! You need a place the US accessible like in a market, near a bus stop or by the road side not far from a bus stop. Also the shops around have to complement yours. Get a place near where clothes, shoes are sold or near a saloon.
Next make sure your shop is not too large. Cosmetics are small item so getting a small shop guarantees that it will look full and appealing.
Before you buy try and see if you can get them from shops in other areas willing to expand. Also search for new brands willing to supply you on credit or part payment. Saves you money and you can easily determine what sort of products people prefer.
My two cents!

woow, thanks and I'm impacted. ur contribution has been helpful and informative too. sorry to ask, where do u reside at the moment and where do I intend setting up urs

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
I live in Lagos boundary and will set it up around that area.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
chinene1:
I live in Lagos boundary and will set it up around that area.

hope u don't mind, I will love to have ur digits(preferrably ur whatsapp digit). I want us to take this conversation beyond this platform. I will truly appreciate it. thanks in anticipation...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
It depends. First of all what is your plan? I am sure you must have been rough idea of what you intend to achieve.
xolocious:

hope u don't mind, I will love to have ur digits(preferrably ur whatsapp digit). I want us to take this conversation beyond this platform. I will truly appreciate it. thanks in anticipation...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
chinene1:
It depends. First of all what is your plan? I am sure you must have been rough idea of what you intend to achieve.

surely I do, like I stated previously, I've got great passion for entrepreneuship. originally cosmetics wasn't my choice of business. I intended setting up a small logistics business that caters for picking up goods, running errands and partnering with e-commerce ventures when I return bk to sch.
Early January (2016), I was privileged to share my ideas with some relatives of mine, they all kicked against it and told me to quash the talk, go bk to sch and focus on my studies. I was shocked and disappointed with their response, I was all alone in my dreams. no one to run to for advice, I encouraged myself and continued with my research and after some weeks, I picked up courage and confronted a successful entrepreneur whom I related everything to, at first he told me to go bk to sch and focus on my studies, I assured him I will definitely go bk to sch but before doing so, I intend setting up a little business so as to u usher me into the world of entrepreneurship. he saw the zeal in me and he gave me geninue reasons why I shouldn't start the logistics business I intended going into. he cited finance, inexperience on my path in regards to the business, risk involved and other reasons I won't be able to mention but at the end of it all, he commended my fighting spirit and the zeal in me. He gave me an assignment by telling me to go bk to my drawing board and do more research by looking for a reaslistic business I can set up with my little savings that can also act as a springboard in launching me into the world of entrepreneurship.

Those words of his gave me sleepless night and caused me to brainstorm loads and loads of businesses. I did research, spoke with friends and colleagues, made surveys and at the end of it all, cosmetics business came out top and from that moment the zeal and enthusiasm for the business has rapidly grown in me. Inspite of my inexperience in this field, it hasn't gotten the better part of me. I intend to pursue it with everything in me and that's more reason I brought it up to this platform and I'm seeking spirited individuals who will put me through and coach me in ensuring I accomplish my dream...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 7:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2016
Sent to a message
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2016
chinene1:
Sent to a message

I'm sorry, I had issues with my mail. I had to update it yesterday night, I will appreciate it if u can resend me the msg. Thanks and I greatly appreciate ur time and help rendered.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by duchessxino(f): 5:25am On Jul 18, 2016
chinene1:
First location is key! You need a place the is accessible like in a market, near a bus stop or by the road side not far from a bus stop. Also the shops around have to complement yours. Get a place near where clothes, shoes are sold or near a saloon.
Next make sure your shop is not too large. Cosmetics are small items so getting a small shop guarantees that it will look full and appealing.
My two cents!
Wow.....so educating...am a corp member that will be passing out by October.....i intend going into the biz too but I think it's gonna be the creams line etc do u have an idea?
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
quote author=duchessxino post=47649555]Wow.....so educating...am a corp member that will be passing out by October.....i intend going into the biz too but I think it's gonna be the creams line etc do u have an idea?[/quote]

First off congratulations in advance. Serving Nigeria is no easy task. To answer your question. First of what sort of creams do you intend to sell? I mean already known brands imported or do you intend to make the creams yourself from natural ingredients? Will you have specialized creams available for stuff like bleaching, toning, scar removal, wrinkle remover etc.

There is always a market for creams but I would advice you do a little of both.
For example stock a combination of popular creams and also natural skin helpers like Shea Butter, coconut oil, jojoba oils, Almond oils etc.

You may also want to learn the art of mixing specific natural oils and herbs to suit specific needs of customers. This way you will be able to satisfy most of your customers.

As I advised earlier location is key so is setting. A shop that looks full and well organized attracts people. Try to label your shelves, get nice wall paper and if possible offer your clients somewhere cosy to sits while you show them your products and educate your customers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by duchessxino(f): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
chinene1:
quote author=duchessxino post=47649555]Wow.....so educating...am a corp member that will be passing out by October.....i intend going into the biz too but I think it's gonna be the creams line etc do u have an idea?

First off congratulations in advance. Serving Nigeria is no easy task. To answer your question. First of what sort of creams do you intend to sell? I mean already known brands imported or do you intend to make the creams yourself from natural ingredients? Will you have specialized creams available for stuff like bleaching, toning, scar removal, wrinkle remover etc.

For example stock a combination of popular creams and also natural skin helpers like Shea Butter, coconut oil, jojoba oils, Almond oils etc.

You may also want to learn the art of mixing specific natural oils and herbs to suit specific needs of customers. This way you will be able to satisfy most of your customers.

As I advice earlier location is key so is setting. A shop that looks full and well organized attracts people. Try to label your shelves, get nice wall paper and if possible offer your clients somewhere cosy to sits while you show them your products and educate your customers.

thank u so much, I intend going for already known brand and bodysprays, perfume, shower creams etc
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 7:40am On Aug 11, 2016
chinene1:
quote author=duchessxino post=47649555]Wow.....so educating...am a corp member that will be passing out by October.....i intend going into the biz too but I think it's gonna be the creams line etc do u have an idea?

As I advised earlier location is key so is setting. A shop that looks full and well organized attracts people. Try to label your shelves, get nice wall paper and if possible offer your clients somewhere cosy to sits while you show them your products and educate your customers.

thanks nene, I'm still yet to hear from u and I anticipate in doing so. thanks for the update and I look forward to your reply too.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by duchessxino(f): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2016
Chinene1 and xoxo, I will like to have your whatsapp contact pls.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by duchessxino(f): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2016
Chinene1 and xolocious I will like to have your whatsapp contact pls.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
duchessxino:
Chinene1 and xolocious I will like to have your whatsapp contact pls.

ok
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Okay, so now am thinking about the best source for cosmetics. I decided to do a little research. The dollar rate has affected virtually every product in Nigeria. Buying directly from the importers will be cheaper but I wonder if there is a quantity requirement and if there are credit facilities available. Another option will be ordering this stuff online from manufacturers.

Will keep you updated.

3 Likes

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by Chyvy(f): 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good job, @Chinene...following
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
chinene1:
Okay, so now am thinking about the best source for cosmetics. I decided to do a little research. The dollar rate has affected virtually every product in Nigeria. Buying directly from the importers will be cheaper but I wonder if there is a quantity requirement and if there are credit facilities available. Another option will be ordering this stuff online from manufacturers.

Will keep you updated.

I'm still looking forward to ur update. thanks for the update so far.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by john410(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
let me take my sit and follow this thread bumper to bumper
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2016
john410:
let me take my sit and follow this thread bumper to bumper

she will get back to us soonest...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi guys. I have being doing a little research on how best to go about purchasing cosmetic at an affordable price and this is how far I have gone.
First I looked around Ikeja, island and trade fair and I didn't get a lot of positive feedback. Guess they want to charge me for the AC in their shops grin
My next stop was allibaba and aliexpress and I was impressed with the prices but aliexpress seems to have more of what I want.
Anyway, I will do a comprehensive analysis of the products, the source, the price and the quality. Its pay before delivery so I have to be careful. I think some manufacturers even have free shipping. You only pay at the post office.

If you have the chance, do same and post updates.
Another thought is Lagos is holding a trade fair in November as well as cosmex 2016. I will visit the trade fair to see if I can get a good bargain. I attended 2015 cosmex exhibition and it was wonderful. May attend this year again and see what connection connection I can get for direct supply.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
chinene1:
Hi guys. I have being doing a little research on how best to go about purchasing cosmetic at an affordable price and this is how far I have gone.
First I looked around Ikeja, island and trade fair and I didn't get a lot of positive feedback. Guess they want to charge me for the AC in their shops grin
My next stop was allibaba and aliexpress and I was impressed with the prices but aliexpress seems to have more of what I want.
Anyway, I will do a comprehensive analysis of the products, the source, the price and the quality. Its pay before delivery so I have to be careful. I think some manufacturers even have free shipping. You only pay at the post office.

If you have the chance, do same and post updates.
Another thought is Lagos is holding a trade fair in November as well as cosmex 2016. I will visit the trade fair to see if I can get a good bargain. I attended 2015 cosmex exhibition and it was wonderful. May attend this year again and see what connection connection I can get for direct supply.

Woow, that's great and I'm really enjoying ur updates and information. Thanks for the update so far and I'm looking forward to getting more...
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by john410(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
@ Chinene 1 ,can a construct container be used for a cosmetic shops? pls try and update us once you get the information on where to buy at a very cheap price cos i stay far away from lagos , thanks. hope to hear from you.
Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by chinene1(f): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2016
Yes you can. What size of container? Will people be able to walk in and look around? Visual attracts people more so I advice you ensure the front is open in such a way that people can get a view of the inside from the outside. Go online and see possible designs to model your container after. Make sure it beautifully decorated inside and has adequate padding to keep the inside cool. Makeup does not fair well in the heat. If you can get a small unit AC, the better. Take a look at the picture attached. Am sure you will get an idea of how you can construct yours.

If you are going for those small container then you may need to build an extension with a roof with bricks and roofing materials. This will serve as a waiting area and make your shop look spacious. You can even arrange items there to attract people.

I will keep everyone posted about my findings.
john410:
@ Chinene 1 ,can a construct container be used for a cosmetic shops? pls try and update us once you get the information on where to buy at a very cheap price cos i stay far away from lagos , thanks. hope to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Cosmetics Shop Set Up by xolocious(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
chinene1:
Yes you can. What size of container? Will people be able to walk in and look around? Visual attracts people more so I advice you ensure the front is open in such a way that people can get a view of the inside from the outside. Go online and see possible designs to model your container after. Make sure it beautifully decorated inside and has adequate padding to keep the inside cool. Makeup does not fair well in the heat. If you can get a small unit AC, the better. Take a look at the picture attached. Am sure you will get an idea of how you can construct yours.

If you are going for those small container then you may need to build an extension with a roof with bricks and roofing materials. This will serve as a waiting area and make your shop look spacious. You can even arrange items there to attract people.

I will keep everyone posted about my findings.

Woow, this is great. I'm impressed and thanks nene

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory / Feasibility Report-poultry Egg Production $ Broiler Production / What Small Buisness Can I Start With N500,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.