Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement (55825 Views)

Flood Drowns A Bus As Passengers Fight For Their Lives (Video) / Abuja-kaduna Train Service Records N5m Income In 2 Weeks / Railway Corporation Declares Free Train Service Across Nigeria For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by dainformant(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2016
Here are new photos of the Abuja-Kaduna train service being tested ahead of its launch for commercial use this month. According to reports, passengers with a valid form of identification boarded a free ride this morning at Idu industrial layout in Abuja.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government will soon acquire more coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna railway service to enable it to cope with the population of commuters plying the route.The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, said that the four coaches on ground could only convey 380 passengers, while the volume of passengers was much higher.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/abuja-kaduna-train-service-offers-free.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by dainformant(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2016

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by kokoA(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by PrettyCrystal: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2016
good
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ChangeIsCostant: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2016
lets see how long this will last

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by stigmond(m): 9:57am On Jul 02, 2016
Ok. Hope they'll maintain it so well.

7 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Beeman1(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Good.

God bless PMB and Ameachi

God bless APC and their supporters

Thunder fire PDP and their supporters

God bless Nigeria

where is that anti good things call SeverusSnape? u can also go to hell for all we care.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by PapaBrowne(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2016
But Jonathan yab sha.
How can he work this wonderful work and allow Buhari and Amaechi take credit despite not putting thier single finger to it.
Lesson to be learned. When you have stuff to do, do it like there's no tomorrow. Start whatever you start and make sure you have capacity to finish it to the best standards or else it will be taken away from you and your enemy will put a badge on it and claim he built it.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese.

FYI, this project was started by Jonathan and not Obj or Yar Adua as some folks are claiming. Obj project was for the LAgos KAno leg that had long been stalled. Also the project has long been completed since Early 2015. The only thing Amaechi did was to approve the payment for compensation for a seminary whose fence had to to be destroyed along the right of way. He delayed the commission so as to take some credit.But it's Ok and way better than the foolery of abandoning a project because it was started by an opposition predecessor.

245 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Train still looks like those archaic containers which goodluck bought to run on the old rails. I thought more modern trains should have been bought. undecided

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Caseless: 10:11am On Jul 02, 2016
As wailers would say, it's gej's achievement.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by slimfit1(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
But Jonathan yab sha.
How can he work this wonderful work and allow Buhari and Amaechi take credit despite not putting thier single finger to it.
Lesson to be learned. When you have stuff to do, do it like there's no tomorrow. Start whatever you start and make sure you have capacity to finish it to the best standards or else it will be taken away from you and your enemy will put a badge on it and claim he built it.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese.

FYI, this project was started by Jonathan and not Obj or Yar Adua as some folks are claiming. Obj project was for the LAgos KAno leg that had long been stalled. Also the project has long been completed since Early 2015. The only thing Amaechi did was to approve the payment for compensation for a seminary whose fence had to to be destroyed along the right of way. He delayed the commission so as to take some credit.But it's Ok and way better than the foolery of abandoning a project because it was started by an opposition predecessor.

It's us who will take the credit our suffering our money to hell with Jonathan. It was even the idea of the vice president abeg he was the governor of kaduna do you don't know the fact yourself.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by jieta: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2016
thank GOD. this is how govt is suppose to be working,it should be a conteneous process.kudos to both GEJ and BUHARI

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Beeman1(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Caseless:
As wailers would say, it's gej's achievement.
Don't mind d Wailers/Ipod zombies, as if na GEJ started d whole thing? mtcheww

16 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by PapaBrowne(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2016
slimfit1:

It's us who will take the credit our suffering our money to hell with Jonathan. It was even the idea of the vice president abeg he was the governor of kaduna do you don't know the fact yourself.

I agree with you. We will be the beneficiaries in the long run. Yeah it was Sambo's idea.
I remember it clearly and that's why I stated it clearly that folks should stop attributing it to Obj.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
But Jonathan yab sha.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.[size=15pt]these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese[/size].

A simple common sense scenario...

If Mr AAA orders 10 plates of peppersoup and big stout for his friends. After enjoying the treat, Mr BBB is required to pay the bill.

Who shall we thank for the meal?.... Mr AAA or Mr BBB?

Now just to clarify something you said up there, OBJ signed the contract for both the Abuja to Kaduna and Lagos to Kano lines with the Chinese. Yaradua came in, suspended the project on the basis of irregularities and then passed on later. GEJ then resurrected the project, paid the counterpart fund (while the Chinese sponsored the rest) and the project was executed.

Even with the project being completed largely, Buhari still had to spend over N15 billion in the 2016 budget for this very Abuja to Kaduna project to completely seal the job before its operation. Currently, Buhari has also just released part of the counterpart funds (up to N120billion paid this year) for the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to Calabar lines.

So please Papa Browne, let us quit these immature "it is GEJ's project" rants. Government is a continuum and every one has had their own roles to play and even if God willing, Buhari completes the Lagos-Kano and Lagos to Calabar lines, even in the next 15 to 20 years, successive governments would still be stuck paying back the loans. Neither GEJ nor OBJ nor Buhari has these projects cos the projects aren't being paid for from their personal pockets. Thanks.

193 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Rossikk(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.
Are ajebos not Nigerians? Or they should go and hide because they are not poor? Get rid of your poverty mentality biko.

43 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2016
All thanks to GEJ the Best President Nigerians have ever produced.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Rossikk(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
Train still looks like those archaic containers which goodluck bought to run on the old rails. I thought more modern trains should have been bought. undecided
You sound very ignorant. The trains are 'modern' enough. And I've been around, so I can tell you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2016
The truth go pain some people but it must be told; GEJ started and completed at least 90 percent of the project.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:
You sound very ignorant. The trains are 'modern' enough. And I've been around, so I can tell you.
Sorry I'm not ignorant and I know exactly what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Rossikk(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
Sorry I'm not ignorant and I know exactly what I'm talking about.
No you don't. Or you wouldn't type that crap. Do you know that train you insulted looks more 'modern' than many trains you'll find in the US and Europe?

12 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:
No you don't. Or you wouldn't type that crap. Do you know that train you insulted looks more 'modern' than many trains you'll find in the US and Europe?
You are entiltled to your opinion man, I had better expectations; and my expectations were not even outrageously high. I have been to several parts of the world so please dont tell me that nonsense about not knowing what I'm talking about.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Rossikk(m): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
You are entiltled to your opinion man, I had better expectations; and my expectations were not even outrageously high. I have been to several parts of the world so please dont tell me that nonsense about not knowing what I'm talking about.
I haven't "been to". I have LIVED overseas longer than you've probably been alive, and I can school you on the topic. You have no clue what you are on about. You've not even seen the train physically, or stepped foot in it, yet you're full of criticism? That's insane. That's mad.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Thobiy(m): 11:03am On Jul 02, 2016
brightmexy:
The truth go pain some people but it must be told; GEJ started and completed at least 90 percent of the project.
Naso

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by unlawfulact: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2016
Where is the depature point in kaduna.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2016
GEJ started it, PMB commissioned it. What matters? It wasn't abandoned.

10 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by porka: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2016
slimfit1:

Kid, you lie!

Obasanjo awarded the contract.

Yaradua stalled it, for reasons best known to him. He canceled Lagos-Kano and Port Harcourt- Maiduguri out rightly.

Jonathan revived and executed it within 3 years.

We thank God that this project was already completed before Buhari took office. He would have canceled it as he is known to cancel all good things. He canceled Alhaji Lateef Jakande's Lagos Metroline project without blinking.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by porka: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:

I agree with you. We will be the beneficiaries in the long run. Yeah it was Sambo's idea.
I remember it clearly and that's why I stated it clearly that folks should stop attributing it to Obj.

Sambo ko, SabonGari ni.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by slimfit1(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2016
porka:

Kid, you lie!

Obasanjo awarded the contract.

Yaradua stalled it, for reasons best known to him. He canceled Lagos-Kano and Port Harcourt- Maiduguri out rightly.

Jonathan revived and executed it within 3 years.

We thank God that this project was already completed before Buhari took office. He would have canceled it as he is known to cancel all good things. He canceled Alhaji Lateef Jakande's Lagos Metroline project without blinking.

Well I don't care it is up and running. If you say he cancelled everything thank God he did others it would have been killing people like water look at home lagos is now even 20 years after.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by porka: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
slimfit1:

Well I don't care it is up and running. If you say he cancelled everything thank God he did others it would have been killing people like water look at home lagos is now even 20 years after.

Be coherent.

'Others, water, home, killing...'

What are you trying to say?

You thank God because Buhari canceled Jakande's Metroline or what?

6 Likes

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Pavarottii(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Beeman1:
Good.

God bless PMB and Ameachi

God bless APC and their supporters

Thunder fire PDP and their supporters

God bless Nigeria

where is that anti good things call SeverusSnape? u can also go to hell for all we care.
Chai, u sef dey laff wetyn u write. Even ur conscience is in serious war with u for writing this. Buhari sef will hate u for this sef.
See the result of Hatred of urself. U even hate ur conscience. Even Ameachi knows that he contributed nothing and still marvels at how GEJ does it. Look at d pic

God bless GEJ from now till the next 100years.

54 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / 12 Thailand Kids And Their Coach Found Alive After 9 Days In The Cave(Photos) / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.