Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement (55826 Views)

Flood Drowns A Bus As Passengers Fight For Their Lives (Video) / Abuja-kaduna Train Service Records N5m Income In 2 Weeks / Railway Corporation Declares Free Train Service Across Nigeria For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Djpassion1010(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:
Are ajebos not Nigerians? Or they should go and hide because they are not poor? Get rid of your poverty mentality biko.
hahahaha kai I don die
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by sirma: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Caseless:
As wailers would say, it's gej's achievement.

Yes of course it is. I live at Saburi district in Abuja where the railway passed across. It was completly 99% finished but not lunched. That's of course prior to the election. And the truth is, my brother works at the industrial layout where this guys claim to have picked up passengers headed for kaduna; my dear nothing of such claimed above by this government is true. At least, not for now.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
tonardo:

Who shall be thank? Or who shall be hold responsible if the bill was not paid...?
Or who said that the country is bankrupt?
In my opinion, both Mr AAA and Mr BBB are responsible.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by prof12(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
Train still looks like those archaic containers which goodluck bought to run on the old rails. I thought more modern trains should have been bought. undecided

The thing pain you well well

1 Like

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by zingywingy: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
you cracked me up badasss
kokoA:
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by chicobaddest(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
How many days would one spend on the train
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by johnnychuks(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
this train that am seeing on this pic will take how many days from Abuja to Kano? what happened to bullet train? please you people should help to ask them this common question.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Abeyjide: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
anonimi:

......starting from you.
When was the last time you repainted and refurbished your:

- house
- school
- clinic/hospital
- shop/business premises
- church/mosque/shrine.

Abi government is no longer a reflection of the people they REPRESENT?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

is not by painting alone,keeping things tidy and using it for the purpose meant for.you painting your room everyday and leaving the whole place littered doesn't mean you are maintaining it.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by yinkslinks(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
See that nna ipob guy with cap be like nna mehn dis is china in naija grin grin grin grin grin
dainformant:
Here are new photos of the Abuja-Kaduna train service being tested ahead of its launch for commercial use this month. According to reports, passengers with a valid form of identification boarded a free ride this morning at Idu industrial layout in Abuja.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government will soon acquire more coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna railway service to enable it to cope with the population of commuters plying the route.The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, said that the four coaches on ground could only convey 380 passengers, while the volume of passengers was much higher.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/abuja-kaduna-train-service-offers-free.html
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by anonimi: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abeyjide:
is not by painting alone, keeping things tidy and using it for the purpose meant for.you painting your room everyday and leaving the whole place littered doesn't mean you are maintaining it.

I don't think I said that painting ALONE is what makes maintenance, or did I?
Having said that, can you confirm that you maintain the various buildings/areas that you are connected with by:

- painting them regularly
- replacing damaged items
- updating/upgrading the fittings

in addition to "keeping things tidy and using it for the purpose meant for"
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by anonimi: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
johnnychuks:
this train that am seeing on this pic will take how many days from Abuja to Kano? what happened to bullet train? please you people should help to ask them this common question.

The common sense question to ask first is whether we have bullet EDUCATION in our:

- primary,
- technical
- secondary
- vocational schools

to provide a vast pool of KNOWLEDGEABLE people who can make and maintain the bullet train, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3440708_fbimg1455656836280_jpega21733d390a85e19ecd1c0da3284b128

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by obailala(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Wonderful analogy. A thousand clap for you on that but it doesn't follow your with your explanation. @ least Mr AAA paid 70% of the bill of the pepper soup before Mr BBB finished the payment and just like you rightly said, the money doesn't belong to any of the Mr's but it was their duty to buy that "pepper soup"

Truth is that AAA did not pay anything close to 70%. Now this is the breakdown below:

The project cos $874m; China provided a loan of $500m (57%) and the FG was to provide the remaining $374m (43%).

$374m translates to N74.8bn; about N57bn was paid by GEJ while the remaining N18bn was paid by Buhari in 2016.

Now just a reminder that the $500m paid by the Chinese is a LOAN which is to be paid back and which is presently being paid back by Buhari and successive govts.

So yeah, we give kudos to GEJ for resurrecting the project after Yaradua suspended it, however it's a no brainer to say Mr AAA (GEJ) paid 70%. grin

http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/abuja-kaduna-rail-line/
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by sirconfidence1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
But Jonathan yab sha.
How can he work this wonderful work and allow Buhari and Amaechi take credit despite not putting thier single finger to it.
Lesson to be learned. When you have stuff to do, do it like there's no tomorrow. Start whatever you start and make sure you have capacity to finish it to the best standards or else it will be taken away from you and your enemy will put a badge on it and claim he built it.

Soon Amaechi will go and commission Enugu Airport and also put his badge on it.these projects have been completely paid for under a loan agreement with the Chinese.

FYI, this project was started by Jonathan and not Obj or Yar Adua as some folks are claiming. Obj project was for the LAgos KAno leg that had long been stalled. Also the project has long been completed since Early 2015. The only thing Amaechi did was to approve the payment for compensation for a seminary whose fence had to to be destroyed along the right of way. He delayed the commission so as to take some credit.But it's Ok and way better than the foolery of abandoning a project because it was started by an opposition predecessor.
Oga, the end justifies the means !.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by blowjob: 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
dainformant:
Here are new photos of the Abuja-Kaduna train service being tested ahead of its launch for commercial use this month. According to reports, passengers with a valid form of identification boarded a free ride this morning at Idu industrial layout in Abuja.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government will soon acquire more coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna railway service to enable it to cope with the population of commuters plying the route.The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, said that the four coaches on ground could only convey 380 passengers, while the volume of passengers was much higher.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/07/abuja-kaduna-train-service-offers-free.html
DEM NOR FIT BELIVE AM,UPON THE LOOTIN.... grin SEE THEIR TEETH....
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Tested by ajebo looking peeps.. hmmm. Of what use is the poor in this country sef? Ehen! Nice coach by the way.

The poor will soon take over then it wont be so shiny or attractive. Then U hear of people being robbed, private parts going missing.....
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by viktor01(m): 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:

Exactly my thought bro.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by ancientbanana: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That was not an almost completed University. That was a pure scam. Do you have an idea how a N13 Billion University should look like? Please upload the picture of the N13 Billion University.

It is unfortunate people chose to defend the thieves who chose to siphon the money meant for the university and chose to crucify the person fighting to get the money back.

Amaechi was right there.
u are not in Nigeria for u to say the university was not almost complete. Guy the uni was more than 50% completed. Some of the lecture halls were completed. Even a blind man can c it. http://blog.changengr.org/2016/01/cancellation-of-maritime-university-in.html?m=1
C the images in d news
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
ancientbanana:
u are not in Nigeria for u to say the university was not almost complete. Guy the uni was more than 50% completed. Some of the lecture halls were completed. Even a blind man can c it. http://blog.changengr.org/2016/01/cancellation-of-maritime-university-in.html?m=1
C the images in d news

Third, if it is true that the billions of Naira allocated for the project was diverted as claimed by the Transport Minister, we hereby call on the Federal Government to begin an in-depth investigation and prosecution of everybody found involved in such diversion.

What you saw in the images of the link you posted, does that look like something Close to a thirteen Billion naira project? It is an eye sore that thirteen Billion naira was diverted and you can post that as a thirteen Billion naira project.

Please, look at the pictures of a N14 Billion naira project and look back at what you posted. All these from one site.

Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by SuperS1Panther: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
eiBADAn:
GEJ started it, PMB commissioned it. What matters? It wasn't abandoned.

OBJ started it.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by guychidile: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
all credit to Gej.., but,my worry is maintain...,can it be maintained.., this is naija oo!
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
May God deliver your mindset of poverty in Jesus name
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Carlmax(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
And dem go say jonathan no do anything! Guess Bob Marley was wrong, You can fool all the people all the time, in Nigeria @ least.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by tefund(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:
You sound very ignorant. The trains are 'modern' enough. And I've been around, so I can tell you.
theq\these train are old!period.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by fitinwell: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=18pt]Which way Nigeria... Free rides from Abuja to Kaduna.. And all i see.. Are few family members enjoying whats meant for the masses.. I won't curse you and ur family.. Minister of transportation [/size]
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Vatsyayana: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Pls tell him o...He should go & eat hungary man size!

Rossikk:
Are ajebos not Nigerians? Or they should go and hide because they are not poor? Get rid of your poverty mentality biko.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by FabioPeter: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hand it over to private business men. This we guarantee a well maintained and sustainable train service.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by nortcentrallord(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
obailala:
Truth is that AAA did not pay anything close to 70%. Now this is the breakdown below:

The project cos $874m; China provided a loan of $500m (57%) and the FG was to provide the remaining $374m (43%).

$374m translates to N74.8bn; about N57bn was paid by GEJ while the remaining N18bn was paid by Buhari in 2016.

Now just a reminder that the $500m paid by the Chinese is a LOAN which is to be paid back and which is presently being paid back by Buhari and successive govts.

So yeah, we give kudos to GEJ for resurrecting the project after Yaradua suspended it, however it's a no brainer to say Mr AAA (GEJ) paid 70%. grin

http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/abuja-kaduna-rail-line/

Nice break down. Even from the break down report, it's clear that the bulk of the down payment was done by the last administration and I totally agree with you concerning successive governments servicing the $500 million loan. My argument was on the down payment not on everything...

Which ever way, they both did well. Governance is a continuum.
Re: Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement by Danpotter(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
Today, Kaduna to borno railway, Tomorrow Kaduna to kebbi railway,Next tomorrow Kaduna to gombe railway. Feed up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

12 Thailand Kids And Their Coach Found Alive After 9 Days In The Cave(Photos) / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.