Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State (65216 Views)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeverusSnape(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?, These are rare animals and should be conserved.

159 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
More pics.... The last pic was ma own share, walahi those guyz are really mean embarassed

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Mrjo(m): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?
YES! Because thats what it made for.

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Mrjo(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
More pics.... The last pic was ma own share, walahi those guyz are really mean embarassed
bros what of mine own?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by chiefolododo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Send my own come

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?

Lol.... It has internal bleeding already after the hit by the okada & if we let go it will becomes another persons own

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeverusSnape(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

Lol.... It has internal bleeding already after the hit by the okada & if we let go it will becomes another persons own

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
Oh my! this creature is cute!!!

Look at the skin bro!! I like bush meat , but this?? It's too cute to be eaten sad sad You can make much more cash by keeping it for a while

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DEAFandDUMB(f): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
They gave you that small portion as your share and collected it.. Why?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by uwagimboo: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
I hope u guyz kept the ears for lalasticlala

OP, I am very sure u also traveled from Lagos to Ijebu ode for ur share else u would ve uploaded pix of when u captured it nd not when u slaughtered it..

End time meat mongers..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by uwagimboo: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I am very sure u don't know the cost of meat in the market..

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by uwagimboo: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Acidosis:

Look at the skin bro!! I like bush meat , but this?? It's too cute to be eaten sad sad You can make much more cash by keeping it for a while

Oga Acidosis, u go do quick go Buy lion as pet since this one dey cute..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
where is the finished product now? Looks yummy!!
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Acidosis:

Bros no time to waste time in this Buhari time

8 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Acidosis(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
uwagimboo:

Oga Acidosis, u go do quick go Buy lion as pet since this one dey cute..

grin but seriously, this animal is rare nah.. chai, I wish I could keep it somewhere sad

6 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Acidosis(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

Bros no time to waste time in this Buhari time
Na true sha,

Better than eating humans sad sad

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
uwagimboo:
I hope u guyz kept the ears for lalasticlala

OP, I am very sure u also traveled from Lagos to Ijebu ode for ur share else u would ve uploaded pix of when u captured it nd not when u slaughtered it..

End time meat mongers..

Lol.... Snapping tinz didn't crossed my mind then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
They gave you that small portion as your share and collected it.. Why?

sad don't mind them, they took the lion's share coz they killed it

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by uwagimboo: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

Lol.... Snapping tinz didn't crossed my mind then

And u re a nairalander Adonblivit..

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DEAFandDUMB(f): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

sad don't mind them, they took the lion's share coz they killed it

My dear, just return the meat to them.. Come and I will make a nice goat meat pepper soup for you.. Lol
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Spydamannn(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.
oversabi

24 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by jstrollet(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
uwagimboo:

And u re a nairalander Adonblivit..

Not forcing you to believe tho undecided
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Kgdavid(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

This might be a gazelle

11 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by baby124: 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Poor deer! It looks like bambi. It's obviously a baby deer.

9 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by henrydadon(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
cc: lalasticlala food yaf come

no be snake this time

this one nah confirm better meat.

please nobody should come and talk about "why do u kill this kind of beautiful creature here o"

animals like this are meant to be eaten and not to be used as pet or to be kept inside zoo

7 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by FakeNEWSevryday: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
smh

I hope if u see these four beautiful creature on your bed, u will accommodate them?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
I like the OPs honesty, it's very refreshing.

Some might stage it on a construction site and claim they shot it with their firearm wink

3 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Such animals are rare

I'd like my kids to know what an antelope is. You can't just be killing such rare animals

There might be a time they won't exist anymore.

But is it really an antelope?

Looks like a deer

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SavageGarden(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
That's a Gazelle..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by mollode: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
I think the animal name is deer.... stand to be corrected tho! cool

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Anabel(f): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Chaii. See this cutie! I sure say the meat go sweet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / If You Did Not Eat This Food, Then You Must Be Of A Younger Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.