Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State (65260 Views)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by dadee007(m): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
It shows a lot of people don't know what they eat. That is not yet a deer. It is just a fawn.
Deepfreezer:
Its a deer. Cute and sweet meat.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by dadee007(m): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
No it's not sir.
OdenKelechi:
it's called an impala...i've seen it severally on nat geo wild
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by dadee007(m): 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
No. It is a fawn that is why it has those spots Deer don't have those spots.
hajlat:

Neither antelope nor gazelle, this is DEER. The male has horns.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by dadee007(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Neither of you is correct. It is a Fawn.
asha80:
that's not impala as impalas are not found in west Africa..that is a bush buck(west African variety)That is a bushbuck and it is not threatened as they can survive heavy hunting pressure.
Kudus occur in southern and eastern Africa not west africa
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.

They arrested two others in Bauchi for the same thing.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by 99Ofonagoro(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
Its a dare not an antelope.. OK?
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DONOCHAS(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
you guys shouldn't have killed the beautiful animal
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by asha80(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
dadee007:
Neither of you is correct. It is a Fawn.
a fawn is a young deer so I don't see how I am wrong ..this bushbuck is obviously young so can be called a fawn..it is like saying an animal is not a cat but a kitten when a kitten is just a young cat
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by kafeii123: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
crazymommy:
yes na lie...grin

grin Lmao. You dey fight person?
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Rapture4real(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
It looks like etu and at the same time look like gala.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Deepfreezer(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2016
dadee007:
It shows a lot of people don't know what they eat. That is not yet a deer. It is just a fawn.
whatever mehnn.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Kgdavid(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2016
hajlat:

Neither antelope nor gazelle, this is DEER. The male has horns.

i thought about it but do we have deer in africa??
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Baroba(m): 1:50am On Jul 05, 2016
Kgdavid:

i thought about it but do we have deer in africa??

There are deers in all continents apart from Antarctica, this is a bushbuck one of the deers found in western Africa.. Folks need to diffrentiate between a deer and an antelope.. The impala and Thompson gazelles are antelopes, they are not found in Nigeria, you will need to go to South Africa to see those ones.. We have our own speciebof antelope in W Africa as well...

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Kgdavid(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2016
Baroba:

There are deers in all continents apart from Antarctica, this is a bushbuck one of the deers found in western Africa.. Folks need to diffrentiate between a deer and an antelope.. The impala and Thompson gazelles are antelopes, they are not found in Nigeria, you will need to go to South Africa to see those ones.. We have our own speciebof antelope in W Africa as well...

enlightening.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by RuggedSniper: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat
From 2016!grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / If You Did Not Eat This Food, Then You Must Be Of A Younger Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.