Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief (805 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Blasts Daddy Freeze: "Stop Your Demonic Teachings" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by gistyinka(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Timi Dakolo has swiftly addressed the accusation made against his person by Majek Fashek who said that the singer infringed on his copyright by using the song, “Send Down The Rain” without his permission. And Timi is coming through with receipts!!!

“He broke the rules of copyright. He is a thief because in music business, he must take permission before he works on someone’s song.” Majek told Punch. “That is why we have COSON. I did not give anyone the right to do anything with my song. I have a management team I work with headed by Omenka Uzoma. Dakolo never bothered to look for me before stealing my song. He has infringed on the laws of copyright and he is not an original artiste. It is only people like Tuface, Wizkid, Olamide that are original.”

However, Timi Dakolo has reacted to the allegation label against him by Majek Fashek with an Instagram post below:

“My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do things rightly and lawfully,” Dakolo, who is also a judge on The Voice Nigeria, said in an Instagram post.”

“I paid his manager to remake the song, I got my invoice, I even mentioned to him during our rehearsals at the Headies. So, honestly I don’t understand this write-up.”

“Oga Majek Fashek. I respect and love you. Your voice gives life to lyrics. You are one of the best musicians I know. God bless you.”

Violation of Copyright Rules Between Majek Fashek and Timi Dakolo: Timi Dakolo Replies Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call me a Thief

Re: Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by yakbauer: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
Thank you Timi for that Matured response to that recovering junkie. It goes to tell you lot about how people where brought up.
Mr Majek go and hold ur manager, u don enter one chance.

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by goldbim(f): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Since he has his receipt /evidence he can show it to the world..if not for anything,@least to save his name..he was even good enough to acknowledge majek as the original owner of the song..some'll use his song and act like they composed it themselves..*let me not mention names* lipsrsealed.
Re: Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by floragregs(f): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nobody takes a junkie serious! Timi said he paid, I believe him.
Re: Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
dis yeyebrities sef
Re: Timi Dakolo Blasts Majek Fashek -- Don’t Call Me A Thief by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Is Majek's manager related to Teebilz?

(1) (Reply)

6 Children Of Same Parents Allegedly Poisoned To Death In Anambra State (photos) / First Full Photo Of Ubi Franklin And Wife, Esoro's Cute Son / Joke Silva Looking All Stylish And Chic For MTN PF Season 9 - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.