Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error (3241 Views)

About US Page Samples Or Templates / How Can Mkae Contact Us Page For Opencart / How To Edit PHP Scripts To Suit A Company's Contact Us Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by Afam(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
Clicked on the contact us page on Channels TV website and got the following contact information.

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/channels/public_html/contact_us.php on line 75

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/channels/public_html/contact_us.php on line 77

The problem now is that I don't have any program to decrypt the message.

http://www.channelstv.com/contact_us.php
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by TechPros(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
haba afam what do you need that for
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by Afam(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
Tech Pros:

haba afam what do you need that for

Need what for? The contact information or the post?

The only reason this error is showing is that both the developer and the client have not clicked on the contact us link since the site was developed or that either (or both) of them did but felt it wasn't important to correct.

This is the contact page of a popular TV station that we are talking about here.
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by TechPros(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
Afam:

The problem now is that I don't have any program to decrypt the message.

http://www.channelstv.com/contact_us.php

i was referring to the above.

Afam:

The only reason this error is showing is that both the developer and the client have not clicked on the contact us link since the site was developed or that either (or both) of them did but felt it wasn't important to correct.

grin

but what do they need the mysql connection for on that page. guess, may be the page is binded to a database
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by Afam(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
Tech Pros:

i was referring to the above.

grin

but what do they need the mysql connection for on that page. guess, may be the page is binded to a database

Ok, now I understand. I thought you had issues with the post proper. I was simply disappointed that the contact page of a TV station could come up like that.

I guess they may have used a page with database information to create the contact page.
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by Cactus(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2009
Maybe the information entered into the form will be sent via email and would also be inserted into a database at the same time. Since it is easier to search through a db to make reports etc. but I am thinking they may not even be as thoughtful to store the contact form inquiries into a db for better service by going through for reporting etc.
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by yawatide(f): 1:19am On Sep 08, 2009
How much you wanna bet that channels paid multi-thousands if not millions for this crap?

Yep, given I have done similar, they are storing the messages in a db for later reporting. Reasons could range from not specifying the correct db name to the name of the db itself to whatever.

Bottomline, this is unacceptable and it is such people who give us bad ones a bad name. Funny thing is, if I were to bring this up in a review here, I would get sacrificed on account of "discouraging" the guy and then i would be challenged with, "can I see your works?" They fail to see that in being tough, I am actually encouraging the guy.

If any one looking for developers via Nairaland is reading this, next time you hire someone, include end-to-end testing as part of your contract.

Just imagine, I have millions to spend on advertising and wanted a quick answer on conditions I need to fulfill before advertising on their website and tv station. They just lost some major dough.
Re: Channels Tv Contact Us Page Database Error by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 08, 2009
Pretty interesting. . .

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Change My Blogger Address From To Dot Com / Mtn 500gb Cheat Now Rocking 9ja. / Mifihost - Premium Free Domain And Free Web Hosting Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.