Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies (7742 Views)

NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students / 10 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Go For Postgraduate Studies - EDUREGARD / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Dapromzy333(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Actually many might see postgraduate studies as a waste of time but really, there are many benefits in going for one and below we shall help you see ten reasons:

1. For academic recognition.
The number one reason for postgraduate studies is to help one achieve greatness in academic field. It speaks volume of ones academic standard and there are some positions that warrant this.

2. Working with the best.
With a postgraduate program, you move with the best and you are as well seen as one.

3. For reasonable financial prospect.
Postgraduate program helps to increase one financial prospect, it differentiate you from others. Although, this might not be compulsory but it is necessary because it gives you additional money (extra) which others may find difficult to have.

4. It broadens your knowledge
When you run postgraduate studies, it gives you opportunity to conduct personal research(es) in order to develop your thoughts, ideas and skills.

5. It makes you MAD
I'm sure some of us will be surprised why I used the word MAD, yes, postgraduate studies makes you mad. (M means make, A means a and D means different). In other words, postgraduate studies help you to make a difference in the society.

6. It is an investment for tomorrow.
Postgraduate studies helps to jump straight into one desired career even when labour market looks choked. You will develop the CEO mentality.

7. To Build Strong Connectiions
With a postgraduate studies, the chain to attain greatness in life is always strong and secure special space for you at the top as ypu are bound to meet better people through the journey.

8. For professional development.
It helps you develop yourself beyond expectations and guide your profession.

9. Postgraduate studies tell people what you have that others don't.
Many people have degree but surely your postgraduate studies will single-handedly pick you out of mess when others are yet to know the right way, you are there already.

10. It reveals who you are.
Postgraduate studies tells people you full story, who you are, what you are capable of doing and finally makes you a leader.

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_110811609.?tema=1289

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by donbenedict(m): 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
Copycat
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by sainty2k3(m): 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
donbenedict:
Copycat
he referenced the source Na. not a bad one

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by eph12(m): 11:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
It could also limit your ability to be creative and think towards entrepreneurship.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Harkindeylee(m): 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
if you like give 50 reasons... People that wnt go for post graduate studies wnt go.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by falconey(m): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
eph12:
It could also limit your ability to be creative and think towards entrepreneurship.

creativity yes but entrepreneurship that only comes to mind when you have resources as your disposal

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by eph12(m): 6:00am On Jul 03, 2016
falconey:

creativity yes but entrepreneurship that only comes to mind when you have resources as your disposal
Heard of people that started with little. 10 years later looking at them you won't imagine. The question now is that are we ready to spend 3-6 years grooming a business without much profit knowing fully well that once things stable it's for life.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by shadelek(m): 6:57am On Jul 03, 2016
This country sha.. Education wey we borrowed from oyinbo, oyinbo take him own very easy bit we wey be borrower carry am for head like afro. To achieve common SSE, you go past through rigorous wahala. Make God open way for person on time

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2016
Waiting for the counter thread
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:59am On Jul 03, 2016
Nowadayz who e epp ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2016
How many times will this topic hit FP? Nice topic, anyways.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2016
schools to go angry
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Adesiji77: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2016
Been thinking of this actually... embarassed
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by chefremy(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2016
some would say the OP is narrating last week's super story...
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by omogidi234(m): 7:01am On Jul 03, 2016
A similar page hit the front page last week now. Haba!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Above all..if done in a good school, it widens your reasoning scope and gives you specialized knowledge.

And there are always scholarships for whatever course you want to go for.

And there are part time masters degree too.

God bless!

JB!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Evidence1000(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2016
How many times
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by millionboi(m): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2016
How long does it take,?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by feldido(m): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2016
Not bad, but I want to say seeking too much education is what has really kept Nigeria in this level.

We are over educated and knows nothing on how to solve our problems as a country, every family these days has a professor.

What has post graduate education really done for us?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by chimah3(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Waste money!?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by ReabridCharles(m): 7:16am On Jul 03, 2016
I have a friend who didn't go to school, after waec he asked me to join him in learning aluminium roofing.
I turned him down, Why? I needed university education.

Today him na big boy with a nice car.
Me I still be university boy.
And you still want me to be university boy.

@Op, thank you. But education is far loosing it essence in ma country

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by arterxerxes: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2016
In Nigeria, A Chairman is well respected than a Professor. Education does not help in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by arterxerxes: 7:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Education is SCAM in Nigeria by the government, How many politicians went to Post Graduate?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Sunnykaka(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2016
where money no dey the country u still dey reason school...even the BSC and HND holder we never see work, u still dey talk of post graduate education...hissssssss
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by LabourParty(m): 7:26am On Jul 03, 2016
Graduates in Nigeria are still unemployed.

If they go for any more higher education then employers will see them as an overqualified candidate.

Get a job first and think about other higher education later.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by EYIMICHAEL(m): 7:27am On Jul 03, 2016
Though things are rough academically. but I will still continue. Because I will be great.
Lala and others knows I have a big dreams.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Igholize(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Make I hear word, dat's our problem in d Country.... Acquiring more qualifications nd degrees nd finaly go sit in 1 big office nd b speakin gramar. Ve seen som Incompetent registered engineers in d field severaly dat didn't even knw d job practicaly but can sccater nd analyse everytin in grammers.. My point is dat, development is in d mind 4 u must nt go 4 advance postgraduate studies b4 u can posess all dose reasons u listed. Let b realistic in here'' upon all d degrees I.e phd, msc, etc holders In nigeria, how ve dey used it 2 affect d nation economicaly, infrastructuraly etc. Skills aquisition remain d way out. An instance, fish farming has been able 2 eradicate d importantation of ice fish nd dat has boast d nation economy. Its high time nigerians need 2 b more practical in thinkin nd in business.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Izonpikin: 7:32am On Jul 03, 2016
I agree with number 4...extra knowledge from running an msc helped me ace case studies in IOC interviews and that for servicing companies(engineering based)...but msc doesn't always count...I will forever put learning how to solve dragnet questions ahead of running an msc(in the Nigeria context).... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies by Fynestboi: 7:34am On Jul 03, 2016
Dapromzy333:
Actually many might see postgraduate studies as a waste of time but really, there are many benefits in going for one and below we shall help you see ten reasons:

1. For academic recognition.
The number one reason for postgraduate studies is to help one achieve greatness in academic field. It speaks volume of ones academic standard and there are some positions that warrant this.

2. Working with the best.
With a postgraduate program, you move with the best and you are as well seen as one.

3. For reasonable financial prospect.
Postgraduate program helps to increase one financial prospect, it differentiate you from others. Although, this might not be compulsory but it is necessary because it gives you additional money (extra) which others may find difficult to have.

4. It broadens your knowledge
When you run postgraduate studies, it gives you opportunity to conduct personal research(es) in order to develop your thoughts, ideas and skills.

5. It makes you MAD
I'm sure some of us will be surprised why I used the word MAD, yes, postgraduate studies makes you mad. (M means make, A means a and D means different). In other words, postgraduate studies help you to make a difference in the society.

6. It is an investment for tomorrow.
Postgraduate studies helps to jump straight into one desired career even when labour market looks choked. You will develop the CEO mentality.

7. To Build Strong Connectiions
With a postgraduate studies, the chain to attain greatness in life is always strong and secure special space for you at the top as ypu are bound to meet better people through the journey.

8. For professional development.
It helps you develop yourself beyond expectations and guide your profession.

9. Postgraduate studies tell people what you have that others don't.
Many people have degree but surely your postgraduate studies will single-handedly pick you out of mess when others are yet to know the right way, you are there already.

10. It reveals who you are.
Postgraduate studies tells people you full story, who you are, what you are capable of doing and finally makes you a leader.

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_110811609.?tema=1289

Op you try. cheesy

[size=18pt]REAL SOURCE:

https://www.nairaland.com/3181347/10-reasons-why-should-go[/size]

(1)

The Best Professional/lucrative Course In Nigeria. / Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio / ASUU: Unilag Senior Lecturer Shares Salary Alert (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.