Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:37 PM

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (19763 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Incest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship. Atheists subscribe to subjective morality, so the question should not be a problem.

When I mean sexual activity , I mean consensual sexual activity just for the pleasure and not for procreation .

A more lucid question : Would you sleep with your mum if it is consensual ?

Modified :

After much time discussing with the atheists , a logical conclusion was drawn : Atheists approve incest . You can peruse the thread and see where most of them so nothing wrong with incest .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:01am On Jul 03, 2016
cc : plaetton , johnydon22 , hahn , muskeeto , valentinemary , thehomer ,
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by JackBizzle: 4:24am On Jul 03, 2016
Cain and Abel slept with their sisters.

Adam was Eve's brother since she is his twin- her da from his rib.

No sensible person will support incest. It could lead to child abuse and deformed children.

Stop trying to atrack atheists

8 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:31am On Jul 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

No sensible person will support incest. It could lead to child abuse and deformed children.

God is the lawgiver and at that time , He permitted it . Simple

Answer my simple question . Why is consensual sex with a sibling or parent for the sake of pleasure wrong ?

johnydon22:

And this means Incest was right because God permitted it and then became wrong when God didnt permit... doesn't this show that from your theology here there is nothing like good or bad only list of actions your own God concept permitted or not

Every atheist will have different opinions based on their own personal philosophy and reason and now to give my own opinion and view.

Incest is wrong to me [Apparently whether a deity agrees or not] it soils the human human gene pool, leads to reproductive anomaly.

secondly; My culture abhors it totally [Igbo culture of African origin] so it is a societal ill going from the factors involved and my view on bad actions is

Actions that increase individual human suffering, are detrimental to societal well being or growth, justice, equality, fairness and freedom.

thirdly - as a matter of personal feelings it is disgusting to me so i could never support it

Inbreeding is a societal ill that retards societal growth or well being so it is wrong to me apparently not to you...

Eheee Laws of Physics: Like terms do not attract, since you are almost certainly 99.9% a genetic copy of your mother and siblings, could they possibly arouse you sexually? have you ever being sexually attracted to your mum or sisters before this one you are asking us ? grin

And then my last thought: The above is totally my own opinion, i however have no business with what ever you choose to do with anybody in your bedroom.

what ever you make of it now is your problem

Bro , there is nothing copacetic about this response - in fact , you didnt answer the question . I was talking about in.cest for pleasure not inbreeding -in.cest for procreation . I clearly stated that

lalasticlala , this deserves to be on the front page

freecocoa:
Ebuka sometimes I really wonder.

You well so?

So God permitted it at a time and it wasn't wrong then, but now he doesn't and it's suddenly wrong?

Why direct the question at atheists, shouldn't you be asking your god why he keeps changing even though he's called the unchangeable god? Na wa o.

God is the moral lawgiver and whatever is deemed right or wrong should be from him . This is not at variance with his quality - being immutable . God being immutable -does not change - is at regards to his quality . E.g God cannot change from being good to being bad .

Adam and Eve possessed the genes to produce black, brown, and white offspring (and everything else in between). This would be similar to how a mixed-race couple sometimes has children that vary in color. Since God obviously desired humanity to be diverse in appearance, it makes sense that God would have given Adam and Eve the ability to produce children of different skin tones.

God obviously permitted inbreeding because it was the expedient thing to do after creation . As the moral lawgiver , he did not permit it again .

Example :

Your mum could say , Freecocoa , dont touch this cup . Whatever reason she has for the command is not of your business , what concerns you as her child is to obey her command . She could tell you the next day to take the cup - an you must obey and not be insubordinate .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by johnydon22(m): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And this means Incest was right because God permitted it and then became wrong when God didnt permit... doesn't this show that from your theology here there is nothing like good or bad only list of actions your own God concept permitted or not

Answer my simple question . Why is consensual sex with a sibling or parent for the sake of pleasure wrong ?

Every atheist will have different opinions based on their own personal philosophy and reason and now to give my own opinion and view.

Incest is wrong to me [Apparently whether a deity agrees or not] it soils the human human gene pool, leads to reproductive anomaly.

secondly; My culture abhors it totally [Igbo culture of African origin] so it is a societal ill going from the factors involved and my view on bad actions is

Actions that increase individual human suffering, are detrimental to societal well being or growth, justice, equality, fairness and freedom.

thirdly - as a matter of personal feelings it is disgusting to me so i could never support it

Inbreeding is a societal ill that retards societal growth or well being so it is wrong to me apparently not to you...

Eheee Laws of Physics: Like terms do not attract, since you are almost certainly 99.9% a genetic copy of your mother and siblings, could they possibly arouse you sexually? have you ever being sexually attracted to your mum or sisters before this one you are asking us ? grin

And then my last thought: The above is totally my own opinion, i however have no business with what ever you choose to do with anybody in your bedroom.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hopefulLandlord: 5:58am On Jul 03, 2016
johnydon22:

And this means Incest was right because God permitted it and then became wrong when God didnt permit... doesn't this show that from your theology here there is nothing like good or bad only list of actions God permitted or not

I'm an atheist but Ebuka was specific about in.ce.st for "pleasure", meaning so long pregnancy and childbirth don't result from it, so this point is invalid

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by JackBizzle: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Child abuse.

A boy could have been grooming and deceiving his younger sister at a young age to have incestuous Sex

A.Mother or father could also groom a young child until 18 years that incestuous SeX is good.

There is also the issue of laziness to go out of one's family or even the issue of isolation of children or family members that they have to have SeX with each other.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 7:40am On Jul 03, 2016

You well so?

So God permitted it at a time and it wasn't wrong then, but now he doesn't and it's suddenly wrong?

Why direct the question at atheists, shouldn't you be asking your god why he keeps changing even though he's called the unchangeable god? Na wa o.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by ValentineMary(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2016
We can't really say if it is bad or good. Just because u were born in a society that scorns at it does not make it bad. If u were born in China, you would see nothing bad in it.

Our view of good and bad in sexual relationship depends on the society we come from.

But personally it is not to be encouraged due to genetic defect.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by UyiIredia(m): 7:49am On Jul 03, 2016
3:28am you still dey awake. You dey sleep so ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 7:49am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:

You well so?

were in the bible God permitted it ?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

Gn 19:31-38

Lot & His Daughters

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

freecocoa:
You well so?

johnydon22:

dalaman:
Why are you asking if incest is wrong when Abraham the founder of your religion married his half sister Sarah? If we are to go by the biblical myth, humans decended from Adam and Eve through inbreeding so what the hell are you talking about? Your God sees nothing wrong with incestuous relationships. In Islam you can marry your first cousin and muslims all over the world do that.

What disappointing answers. I really expected to see lucid responses backed by scientific research, instead of counter accusations (your God allows it too), deliberate misrepresentation of the question (in.cest is different from inbreeding) and appeals for mercy (stop attacking atheists).

Come on guys, surely you can do better than THAT?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 8:06am On Jul 03, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Gn 19:31-38
Lot & His Daughters
were they commanded by God to do the act ?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dalaman: 8:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Why are you asking if incest is wrong when Abraham the founder of your religion married his half sister Sarah? If we are to go by the biblical myth, humans decended from Adam and Eve through inbreeding so what the hell are you talking about? Your God sees nothing wrong with incestuous relationships. In Islam you can marry your first cousin and muslims all over the world do that.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by CAPSLOCKED: 8:10am On Jul 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

CAIN ALSO SLEPT WITH HIS MOTHER EVE, AND BELIEVE ME HE WAS BETTER IN BED THAN ADAM HIS FATHER.

GENESIS DIDN'T MENTION ANY OTHER WOMAN ASIDE HER SO HOW DID CAIN CONTINUE TO POPULATE THE WORLD AFTER HE WAS BASHED BY GOD FOR KILLING ABEL?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Don't ask me silly questions, my friend.

Adam married his clone and you are asking me where god permitted it.

Not to talk of the one that served 14 years to marry his cousins.

5 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2016
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hahn(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

What disappointing answers. I really expected to see lucid responses backed by scientific research, instead of counter accusations (your God allows it too), deliberate misrepresentation of the question (in.cest is different from inbreeding) and appeals for mercy (stop attacking atheists).

So you missed where Bubu said God is the lawgiver and at that time , He permitted it . Simple abi? undecided

KingEbukasBlog:

Why is it wrong? The question of right or wrong differs from society to society.

I found this write up interesting after reading this thread

I'm only aware of one country (Sweden) that will knowingly marry siblings, and only half-siblings at that. That will change as full marriage equality sweeps around the world, so that an adult is free to marry and any all consenting adults. There are many other countries and a few US states where there are no laws against adult siblings having sex or living together, but they still don't have the freedom to marry.

Keep in mind, though, that not criminalizing it is not the same thing as protecting it from bigotry.

Source: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130324194742AAhgiIV

Personally though, I wouldn't sleep with a relative because I was born here in Nigeria and we frown upon such things and it doesn't make any sense to do such. That doesn't mean people do not do it in our country though.

Why do you ask?
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by ireneony(f): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
In.cest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship . Atheists subscribe to subjective morality , so the question should not be a problem .

When I mean sexual activity , I mean consensual sexual activity just for the pleasure and not for procreation .

A more lucid question : Would you sleep with your mum if it is consensual ?
if this is how atheist behaves or thinks... cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

So you missed where Bubu said God is the lawgiver and at that time , He permitted it . Simple abi? undecided

No, I didnt. But it should not have been pertinent to any response given by an atheist to the main question, since after all, you do not believe in God, and it was evidently wrong to respond to the main question by saying "shebi your God permitted it" when you are an atheist.

hahn:

Why is it wrong? The question of right or wrong differs from society to society.

I found this write up interesting after reading this thread

Personally though, I wouldn't sleep with a relative because I was born here in Nigeria and we frown upon such things and it doesn't make any sense to do such. That doesn't mean people do not do it in our country though.

Why do you ask?

Atheists pride themselves for only believing things with REASON. The reason why in.cest is frowned upon in society, is due to past religious influence on culture, whether Islam, Christianity or traditionalism... none of which atheism approves of. Also, the question did not ask specifically about you as an individual. It asked whether it is considered right or wrong by atheists, and the rational atheist reason(s) for making that choice.

I was not the one that asked, but I entered expecting some highly rational, scientific explanations as to why it was right (or wrong) to sleep with one's mother or sister. Instead, I only saw bitter counter accusations by atheists; using all the 'nasty' styles of argument that they accuse fundamentalist Christians of using.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

He asked a personal question and you are saying what exactly?

Okay, we are all supposed to answer in the same manner because the tenets of atheism supports inc€st? You people can be very silly most times.

5 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
He asked a personal question and you are saying what exactly?

Okay, we are all supposed to answer in the same manner because the tenets of atheism supports inc€st? You people can be very silly most times.

Since you are a lady, I forgive you your emotional outburst, and unsavoury use of language in the face of a stressful situation.

No, I expect you, as self-acclaimed bastions of rational and scientific thinking, to explain why you think it is right (or wrong), based on science and rationalism. Or am I wrong somewhere?

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

No, I expect you, as self-acclaimed bastions of rational and scientific thinking, to explain why you think it is right (or wrong), based on science and rationalism. Or am I wrong somewhere?
Why do I have to pick whether it's right or wrong? Who defines what is right or wrong in the first place? Like someone can't be indifferent, Hian o!

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by malvisguy212: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Don't ask me silly questions, my friend.

Adam married his clone and you are asking me where god permitted it.

Not to talk of the one that served 14 years to marry his cousins.
Adam married his clone and you use it as an attack of God sanctioning inbreeding ? You atheist like to challenge religious people to use their brain, were is us ?

Yes jacob married his cousin, but did God sanction it ? Verse please.
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Since you are a lady, I forgive you your emotional outburst, and unsavoury use of language in the face of a stressful situation.

My friend keep quiet.

You forgive me, as if you can do anything, you threw the first punch yet have the temerity to talk about emotional outburst, you no get sense, mschew.

6 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2016
malvisguy212:
Adam married his clone and you use it as an attack of God sanctioning inbreeding ? You atheist like to challenge religious people to use their brain, were is us ?

Yes jacob married his cousin, but did God sanction it ? Verse please.
My god! Someone tell me I'm not reading this.

And you are talking about using brain? God created inbreeding by making eve for adam from himself(adam) and you are asking if that means he sanctioned it, see, don't just let me define you in my own words this early morning.

Who da feck is this guy biko nu? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Why do I have to pick whether it's right or wrong? Who defines what is right or wrong in the first place? Like someone can't be indifferent, Hian o!

It is a common practice in odd members of society. It should be known whether it should be accepted as a good practice or rejected as a bad one. Atheists claim that rationalism is the answer to every question of right or wrong. It is escapism to now refer the issue back to religion, or just sit on the fence dumbly not knowing how to react to the issue.

freecocoa:
My friend keep quiet.

You forgive me, as if you can do anything, you threw the first punch yet have the temerity to talk about emotional outburst, you no get sense, mschew.

Ok. I do think that would be best, as far as discussion with you is concerned. Thank you for the advice. Please leave my matter to those atheists who know how to answer the question, and have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by Logicbwoy: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

That's why you're a manure farmer for life.

You don't know $shit
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by freecocoa(f): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Ok. Thank you.
Anytime.

4 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by dblackninja: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

I don't think you read the whole comments you quoted. Come on don't be lazy, re-read them again..
Re: Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest by hahn(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2016
Farmerforlife:

No, I didnt. But it should not have been pertinent to any response given by an atheist to the main question, since after all, you do not believe in God, and it was evidently wrong to respond to the main question by saying "shebi your God permitted it" when you are an atheist.

That one dey. But you can still say say something regarding his statement

Atheists pride themselves for only believing things with REASON. The reason why in.cest is frowned upon in society, is due to past religious influence on culture, whether Islam, Christianity or traditionalism...

Lol. This is wrong. Even before Africa was invaded by Europeans or the Saudis and had Islam and Christianity forced upon us, many Africans traditions frowned upon it.

none of which atheism approves of. Also, the question did not ask specifically about you as an individual. It asked whether it is considered right or wrong by atheists, and the rational atheist reason(s) for making that choice.

Atheism is not a thing. It is only a word used to describe people who do not believe in god. We do not attend any "fellowships", we do not have any "holy book" that guides the way we reason. We only depend on logic, fact and evidence. Putting this into consideration leaves us with the fact that we do not necessarily share the same views. Each atheist is entitled to his own opinion unlike theists who have to do as they are told and let the "holy spirit" or pastor or imam or holy book guide them

I was not the one that asked, but I entered expecting some highly rational, scientific explanations as to why it was right (or wrong) to sleep with one's mother or sister. Instead, I only saw bitter counter accusations by atheists; using all the 'nasty' styles of argument that they accuse fundamentalist Christians of using.

Not all atheists are scientists. I am more of a businessman myself. All the guys above were doing was putting Bubu in his place since he said that "since god approved it, it is fine. Simple".

I am sure you agree with him and that is why you seem unable to tell him he is wrong. That also means if "god" told you to kill someone you would, just like the psychologically challenged Abraham.

THIS is the problem with religion. The absense of independent though and the reliance of blind followership.

Grow up and make your own decisions. You are an adult undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife, Faith, Celebrate 39th Wedding Anniversary / Believers Loveworld! Building A Happier World With Love / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.