Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks (29301 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Nnedi Okorafor, Nominated For Nobel Prize / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by visijo(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
very dirty... Her daughter own is somehow cool.....
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by K9blunt(f): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
tammie24:
She even looks like a drug dealer

And why is she upset with the lady for airing her opinion

Na you carry hair come and she said what she thinks about it

Even called her a waste undecided

So drug dealers are the only ones with this look?

Secondly she was right in calling the babe a waste because the lady gave a shallow comment ,meaning she can't see beyond her brainwashed nose.

If what you think doesn't go down well with other, isn't there room for enlightenment which was what the op did?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by shozz: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
dindin rin unse ahun si eleda eh oun pe ni waste of time
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by oyeezah(f): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
looks irritating abeg. short locks r finer
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by grandstar(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
I don't like them. But she must be respected (Matthew 7:12) Colossians 4:6
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Davecafary(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Veeveean:
everyone must not praise your hair. A writer shd be used to critiquing. Na you put am for public platform
Wish I could give you a peck...you just typed those words right out of my hands. Was she really expecting all sweet and nice words about hair..No way! The first pic gives me the creep, I don't know why the dread had to look like something out of "Creep" horror movie. I don't have issue with her, just that those dreads don't really look nice to me. My opinion
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by JOYOSITA(f): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
When will mine grow that long?
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Woww shocked
If it's truly her natural hair mehnn it's nothing to be hated upon... Her hair rocks!! kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Elebiju: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
shozz:
dindin rin unse ahun si eleda eh oun pe ni waste of time
your yoruba is very funny, you mean ' didirin n se ahun si eleda 'e o npe ni waste of time' there is no yoruba words that ends with H.. It is just the modern adultrated version.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by empress101(f): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
.. dat thing looks dirty plzlipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by seangy4konji: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
U weh deh talk. How we sure say ko be one maliza per day you dh take spray dat lower region to contain d odor weh deh make you compete Guinness book of record with Linda ikeji??
missyadorable:
The first picture almost made me puke
The hair looks very dirty,no apology

She looks unkempt

And I believe her daughter is going the same way
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
The hair looks exactly like 200lbs of human faeces #disgusting.
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by nkechiben(f): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
Do SOMETHING ABOUT IT NAH sis, after all its no more en vogue
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Anabel(f): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
What's the fuss about? It's her hair. Anything she likes she can do with it. If it gets to her toes too I won't be bothered. Her case didn't grow my bald head so I'm moving on!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Jacko01: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Because you dey america now..... You have no religion

Itsorritr
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by MielBaker(m): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Everybody must have one thing or the other to say. Its called opinion.
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Not looking nice at all, but it's her heard, her choice, her life.

Vote Fynestboi for Mr Nairaland 2016, join the winning team!
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Eminentsaint(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
It's like acting weird and doing weird things have become the way of life of some people.
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
tammie24:
She even looks like a drug dealer

And why is she upset with the lady for airing her opinion

Na you carry hair come and she said what she thinks about it

Even called her a waste undecided

I dont think it is an opinion when someone comes to your lane to insult you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
Afrok:
I won't say anything bad about her hair coz someone somewhere will be saying bad stuffs about my Afro of 9years...
You have never trimmed the hair for nine years?
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by oodua1stson: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
She looks good sha
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by byvan03: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
That hair assault the eyes undecided.
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by lepasharon(f): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
Jacko01:
Because you dey america now..... You have no religion

Itsorritr

Some ppl are not Christians get over it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Awaja(m): 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
Imagine waking up in d midnight to find someone lakadis standing near your bed, your reaction is best known to you. Truely, the hair is scary,
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Afrok(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ontarget:

You have never trimmed the hair for nine years?
cheesy... I do that at least every week... cheesy
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by OCHOdee(f): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
Chai! And she'll look great in short coils ooo
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by missyadorable(f): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
seangy4konji:
U weh deh talk. How we sure say ko be one maliza per day you dh take spray dat lower region to contain d odor weh deh make you compete Guinness book of record with Linda ikeji??

Ehya,Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by uzolexis(f): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
woodcook:
It is so funny how we make judgement about other based on their appearance. The most funny and ironic thing in Nigeria is that since the creation of Nigeria I am yet to find any of our politicians (who have stolen and ruined more lives than all thieves combined) that looks "irresponsible".

When will we learn to appreciate the gift nature has given us rather we are embracing what the western media and commerce said beauty is.

You spoke my mind. Nigerians are so judgemental I tell you, they look at you and make up their mind about you but all these pple that supposedly look "responsible" and judge others, they do worse behind closed doors. I remember when I pierced my nose and came back to Nigeria for the holidays, even pple that live a life not the tiniest bit worthy of emulation opened their mouth to criticize me saying I look irresponsible.
Pple should learn to mind their biz biko, we all have our lives to live and nobody should live a life based other pple's standard, as long as you don't hurt nobody, do what makes you happy.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
uzolexis:

You spoke my mind. Nigerians are so judgemental I tell you, they look at you and make up their mind about you but all these pple that supposedly look "responsible" and judge others, they do worse behind closed doors. I remember when I pierced my nose and came back to Nigeria for the holidays, even pple that live a life not the tiniest bit worthy of emulation opened their mouth to criticize me saying I look irresponsible.
Pple should learn to mind their biz biko, we all have our lives to live and nobody should live a life based other pple's standard, as long as you don't hurt nobody, do what makes you happy.

My dear I tire for my people.

You still dey Belgie abi you self don cut out?
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by Thobiy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
teewai3:
Her hair, her problem
Her life
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by lordkhalifa(m): 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
I hate DADA and I can't even touch people with it undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks by uzolexis(f): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
woodcook:

My dear I tire for my people.

You still dey Belgie abi you self don cut out?

working in Nairobi now....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Undesired Bride / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.