Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour (2688 Views)

Oven Baked Moi Moi With Sea Food / What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners / Moi-Moi And Garri For N20,000: Would You Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok I need to do dis by myself cux hungry is catching me here and i've been eating carbs only. I don't have girlfrnd dah will cook for me so I hav to survive. Someone should help me out with the procedures.

Please I want to use Beans flour to make it and not Normal raw beans. Thanks.

Cc: missyb3, naughtynaughty, twaci, nikapetrelli, mizmycoli

Make person help me na.. abeg
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by kunlesufyan(m): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok...get your beans ,soak the quantity u feel is sufficient, peel the bark ..put your atarodo (pepper),slice onion in it, u could put crazy fish...take this to the place where u can grind...when u get this back....u would stir ,keep stiring .Ull be adding maggi,salt while stiring ..u could add fish or boiled egg in it...depending on how rich u want it to be....after all this u put a certain quantity in a nylon bag,u can use leaves or foil ( but that's a long thing )...u then boil in a pot...my process seem quite shabby ,I hope it'll do
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Ok...get your beans ,soak the quantity u feel is sufficient, peel the bark ..put your atarodo (pepper),slice onion in it, u could put crazy fish...take this to the place where u can grind...when u get
my brother I want to use beans flour, and not raw beans.

Beans flour is powderish.
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Twaci(f): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
OK....

First of all, put a pot of water on fire.

Then mix the beans powder in cold water and cut in your onions (diced properly), add pepper, salt, maggi and probably grinded crayfish.

Personally I love adding raw eggs in my moimoi mixture. If you want it too, you can. It gives it this 'eggy' taste.

Then get your nylons (preferably white nylon) and scoop in just the right amount in each of these nylons. You can decide to add in cooked eggs or fish in each of the nylon, but if you don't have any, its not compulsory. Tie up the nylons properly.

Now place each of these small nylons filled with the mixture in the now boiling water. Don't bring it down yet oh! Just let it boil some more.

Give it 15 mins at least. Then bring it down.

Hope that's helpful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Twaci:
OK....

First of all, put a pot of water on fire.

Then mix the beans powder in cold water then cut in your onions (diced properly), add pepper, salt, maggi and probably grinded crayfish.

Personally I love adding raw eggs in my moimoi mixture. If you want it too, you can. It gives it this 'eggy' taste.

Then get your nylons (preferably white nylon) and scoop in just the right amount in each of these nylons. You can decide to add in cooked eggs or fish in each of the nylon, but if you don't have any, its not compulsory. Tie up the nylons properly.

Now place each of these small nylons filled with the mixture in the now boiling water. Don't bring it down yet oh! Just let it boil some more.

Give it 15 mins at least. Then bring it down.

Hope that's helpful.
Ok won't the hot water be too hot for the nylon? Won't it not tear it or smth?
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by prettyJoy22(f): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cutehector:
lol it won't tear it
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
prettyJoy22:
lol it won't tear it
thanks so much... I'm so tired of eating carbs. One cup of beans is sixty naira and its so costly.. dahs why I wish to settle for beans flour
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by prettyJoy22(f): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cutehector:
thanks so much... I'm so tired of eating carbs. One cup of beans is sixty naira and its so costly.. dahs why I wish to settle for beans flour
yeah, beans flour is as nice as the normal beans if you prepare it well. I even prefer it sef cuz it saves time. enjoy your meal smiley
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Twaci(f): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cutehector:
Oh I forgot! U can put in an empty but clean rice bag or packo bag in the water first (to act as protection) before you start putting in your nylons of moimoi. It helps. But I don't really do it sha, mine doesn't tear.
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Twaci:
Oh I forgot! U can put in an empty but clean rice bag or packo bag in the water first (to act as protection) before you start putting in your nylons of moimoi. It helps. But I don't really do it sha, mine doesn't tear.
why? Did u put winch insyd it? cheesy

Dnt mind me.. thanks so so much. I realy realy appreciate
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Cutehector(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
prettyJoy22:
yeah, beans flour is as nice as the normal beans if you prepare it well. I even prefer it sef cuz it saves time. enjoy your meal smiley
alryt. Thanks Joy. wink

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Twaci(f): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cutehector:
why? Did u put winch insyd it? cheesy

Dnt mind me.. thanks so so much. I realy realy appreciate
You are welcome dear smiley
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by sevantex(m): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cutehector:

U double the white nylon. that reduces the chances of tearing esp up to the moi moi itself
Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by Hollakay1(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hmmmm.... Thank God I know how to go about all this
All thanks to my mum
I don't need to look up to a girl before I cook my food

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Moi-moi With Beans Flour by VaginaTerrorist(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2016
Well, most ladies cant help. They are not skilled in the act. They are only perfect in opening of legs and Tax collection (VAT).
...Back in the days this was how it useto be, man.

I buy chemical free beans. Best choice then is the real brown one. Pick the stones out. Take it for grinding. They first break and blow the unwanted... just like soy beans processing and then grind again to be smooth.

HOW TO PREPARE MOI MOI AND BEAN CAKE.

Mix your ingredent in litter of water, i e, fry onions and put there. Pour red or white oil.... Then put like 2 milk tin cups of then grinded bean. Stir it. Make it watery, measure in little quatity and put into polythene, put in water and boil it. Dont cover the pot if it has no vent.(dats for moi moi) But for bean cake, use less water, let it not be watery. Put white oil in pot or frying pan and fry til it becomes brown.....( pardon spelling or other errors)

(1) (Reply)

Is Bullet Energy Drink (blue Can) Alcoholic / Eba,hand Or Fork/spoon? / Best Foods To Help Prevent Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.