Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) (6355 Views)

Nairaland HR, How Do You Ensure Fairness When You Receive Thousands Of Cvs?. / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site / Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by shepherd77: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
As the title implies, I’m here to show you how to build professional CVs in 8 templates very easily. Let me state 2 ground rules
• The pieces of information presented in the sample CVs are generic. They do not represent any entity dead or alive. They are space holders.
• This app IS NOT FREE, but it’s the Cheapest there is and it’s worth its cost.

So let’s get started
1. Download and install the MyJob App from Playstore. It’s less than 7Mb so no worries.

You can download it at these URls
http://www.e-testpedia.com/myjob.apk
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=myjob.akinola.com.myjob

or simply search for MyJob on playstore.

2. Launch the app to begin.

3. At the dashboard (Picture 1) you’ll see options like aptitude tests, interview questions, job search etc. Those are other features the app offers but their discussion is not for today. Click instead on the Resume Manager icon.

4. You’ll be taken to the resume manager section (Picture 2)

5. There are by default 2 blank resumes there which you can edit, duplicate, delete etc. You can also create yours by clicking the ‘Create New Resume’ Button at the bottom of the screen

6. Long press on any resume to see a list of actions you can perform on it. Alternatively, tap on the 3 black dots to the extreme right of a resume to see the same list of actions. (Pictures 3)

7. Tap on one of the resumes to edit it.

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by shepherd77: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
8. Fill in the forms in each section of the resume: Biodata, Contact, personal profile etc. down to the Activities. (See pictures 4 – 7)

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by shepherd77: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
9. To add new items, I’ll use education as an example:

a. Tap on add ‘new education’ at the bottom of the screen
b. You’ll be directed to another form (Picture cool. Fill in your details: institution, course etc. then click ‘Save education’ at the bottom of the screen

10. You can delete or duplicate any item. Just long press on the item to reveal a context menu then select the appropriate action. (Picture 9)

11. If you have 2 education list items and you wish to change the order in which they appear, simply click and hold on the blue button to the extreme left of one of them and drag it to the desired position (Picture 10)

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by shepherd77: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
12. When you are done editing (your completion level should be at least 50%) go back to the resume lists page. Long press on the resume to reveal the context menu then select ‘Convert to PDF’

13. Wait for 5 seconds while the app converts….. and there you go (pictures 11 and 12)

14. Tap on the PDF documents to see the feel.

15. Long press on a pdf document to send by email

16. SHARE THE APP WITH SOMEONE

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Brymo: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm try it
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by shepherd77: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
Other templates

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by CallofDuty(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Impressive
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2016
If you have any difficulty please let me know
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by seyema(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2016
After filling the form, I now try to evaluate it, but it keeps saying my work experience look scanty.. I jus don't understand
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
seyema:
After filling the form, I now try to evaluate it, but it keeps saying my work experience look scanty.. I jus don't understand

How many roles and achievements do you have in your work experience? The ATS will advise you as regards the acceptable number
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by seyema(m): 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
lisimmo:

How many roles and achievements do you have in your work experience? The ATS will advise you as regards the acceptable number
I'm just a fresher
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Prince202020(m): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is a great app, I so much love it, please add skills acquired in certification like you have achievements in Work experience, also make room for Primary and secondary education, thanks for this app
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 4:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Prince202020:
This is a great app, I so much love it, please add skills acquired in certification like you have achievements in Work experience, also make room for Primary and secondary education, thanks for this app

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll add skills acquired as suggested

As for primary and secondary education, most employers don't really need to see them. The reason is most of the knowledge and skills you have that are of importance to them were acquired in the tertiary stage of education.

Secondly you only have say 10 secs to convey highly relevant information about yourself and for the reason given above you want to use that time for something important to them.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
lisimmo:
If you have any difficulty please let me know

How do I activate the app and remove the red write up in the background??. Tnx in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 5:04am On Jul 07, 2016
Daninya11:

How do I activate the app and remove the red write up in the background??. Tnx in anticipation of your reply.

Navigate to any activity (I.e. page), for example the home page. Check the menu. You see activate or a lightning symbol. Click on it and it will take you to the activation page. Cheers
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by gingger(m): 7:00am On Jul 07, 2016
I don't really fancy d watermark.. Is there anyway to use it cos it does not look nice sending it out to employers
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Gkemz: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
This app is very exploitative and it consumes data after demanding access to your Facebook account, nothing happens. There are other apps on play store better than this disgusting app.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by bodeoni: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2016
Well done OP. I would advise that you add an algorithm that simulates the ATS organisations use. It would simply check how much of a match the CV is to a job description, and then score it.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2016
Gkemz:
This app is very exploitative and it consumes data after demanding access to your Facebook account, nothing happens. There are other apps on play store better than this disgusting app.

Please share other apps' name you know. Thanks.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by veekid(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
I'm trying this ASAP
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
Gkemz:

You are very wrong

1. The data consumed is less than that used to open a nairaland page!

2. An app with a rating of 4.1 isn't disgusting. You most certainly don't know what you are talking about

3. If indeed you have used other better apps, you wouldn't bother trying this one would you.

4. You're the first person to make such a remark. You probably don't know how to operate your phone.

2 Likes

Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by obynaDmob(m): 6:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
lisimmo:

You are very wrong

1. The data consumed is less than that used to open a nairaland page!

2. An app with a rating of 4.1 isn't disgusting. You most certainly don't know what you are talking about

3. If indeed you have used other better apps, you wouldn't bother trying this one would you.

4. You're the first person to make such a remark. You probably don't know how to operate your phone.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by haconjy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
nice one... I hereby recommend you for the best...... complete it.. good one.
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by abeykohasa0524: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
@op, app is nt suitable with bbq10..wats d way out
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Prince202020(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2016
OP, how do I get the activation code??
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by henries246(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
I use windows phone and it does not support downloading my jobs app. Pls what do I do?
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by lisimmo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
abeykohasa0524:
@op, app is nt suitable with bbq10..wats d way out

I'm sorry the app wasn't actually made or tested for/on blackberry. Some people have reported that the app worked after some retry, but I'm not sure. If you could describe the issue you are facing with the app on blackberry, I'll try to find a solution to it. Thanks
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by abeykohasa0524: 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks for swift response. It just keeps highlighting dt d app isnt suitable with BlackBerry Q10
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by Themandator: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
k
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by africanman85: 2:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Good
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by faisaltherock19: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2016
This app is amazing but in case you need Best Free Resume Templates. go here also.. http://feedsyouneed.com/free-resume-templates/
Re: Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) by DTalented(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
shepherd77:
As the title implies, I’m here to show you how to build professional CVs in 8 templates very easily. Let me state 2 ground rules
• The pieces of information presented in the sample CVs are generic. They do not represent any entity dead or alive. They are space holders.
• This app IS NOT FREE, but it’s the Cheapest there is and it’s worth its cost.

So let’s get started
1. Download and install the MyJob App from Playstore. It’s less than 7Mb so no worries.

You can download it at these URls
http://www.e-testpedia.com/myjob.apk
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=myjob.akinola.com.myjob

or simply search for MyJob on playstore.

2. Launch the app to begin.

3. At the dashboard (Picture 1) you’ll see options like aptitude tests, interview questions, job search etc. Those are other features the app offers but their discussion is not for today. Click instead on the Resume Manager icon.

4. You’ll be taken to the resume manager section (Picture 2)

5. There are by default 2 blank resumes there which you can edit, duplicate, delete etc. You can also create yours by clicking the ‘Create New Resume’ Button at the bottom of the screen

6. Long press on any resume to see a list of actions you can perform on it. Alternatively, tap on the 3 black dots to the extreme right of a resume to see the same list of actions. (Pictures 3)

7. Tap on one of the resumes to edit it.

cc lalasticlala

Its not compatible with my device.
could you help me make create...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medecins Du Monde (MDM) Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / NYSC Staff Salary / How Many People Have Received The SMS From Npower.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.