Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

My Baby Eats Too Much. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Eats Too Much. (4822 Views)

My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / I Plan To Marry My Baby Mama But She Is Unhygienic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by poshest(f): 5:31am On Jul 05, 2016
mr yomieluv please if you love your wife buy NAN1 for your baby. your baby will grow so big and your wife will also have enough time for herself and her health will not be at risk. just feed him with it thrice a day. you will come back here to testify. its affordable and rich in content. my 4 months old baby now weighs 7.9kg all thanks to NAN1 and breastfeeding. Each time i go out people always ask me what i feed him with cos he is so fresh and 'round' and very healthy
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by Exponental(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2016
If your wife cannot withstand his demands, ask for medical advice or recommendations.
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by Sammyblaq(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2016
Your wife needs go on 'hot rice and pepper soup' as advised above in enabling milk production.

MamaBaby gats eat well, baby gats suck, Yomie u gats provide.

Baby will grow strong. #JAHbless.

'Baby just take style dey starve pOPs'
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by waikiki(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Yomieluv:
My newly born baby can suck all day. As in non stop.

Wife said we get baby food to augment breast milk, but my doctor said no baby formula now,till at least three month.
Am confused. I need suggestions, and advice on what to do.
My boy is just 13days old.

If you don't want your child to turn out with the lowest IQ ever, ensure you practice exclusive breast feeding. It has been tested, it has been proven times without number. Breast milk develops the brain of a young baby faster than any other organic substance.

Breast milk also helps the baby develop and strengthen its immune system so that it can fight off diseases that you would normally have to go to the hospital for. Breast milk is packed with enough nutrients to build strong bones.

See ehn, just research on the benefits of exclusive breastfeeding.

Give your child formula and you will still be the same person that will come to nairaland to complain that your child is not doing well in school!

The action of your baby's mouth on your wife's nipples helps her release hormones that will keep her in shape, she doesn't realise it yet but in the near future she will start to see the effects. It improves bonding and the more milk she produces, the fresher she would look.

For best results, breastfeed exclusively for one to two years but if she can't bear it, then breastfeed exclusively for a minimum of six months and then you can start weaning.

A word is enough for the wise sir.
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by FynBabe(f): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Yomieluv, those provisions you bought may not work for her(speaking from experience).
Taking tea(with plenty milk) didn't work for me at all until someone suggested kunu(I don't know what it is called in English o).
I was busy taking tea and adding weight while my daughter was starving because she wasn't getting anything reasonable to feed on.
The moment I took kunu, it was like magic! I started producing milk like water, my side of the bed was always wet with too much breastmilk at night because she had too much and the rest was flowing freely whenever she wasn't feeding. I felt so terrible for punishing her for so long.

Note: kunu is very, very fattening. I added so much weight while taking it and had to do a lot of work to burn the fat after weaning.
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by tabithababy(f): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
FynBabe:
Yomieluv, those provisions you bought may not work for her(speaking from experience).
Taking tea(with plenty milk) didn't work for me at all until someone suggested kunu(I don't know what it is called in English o).
I was busy taking tea and adding weight while my daughter was starving because she wasn't getting anything reasonable to feed on.
The moment I took kunu, it was like magic! I started producing milk like water, my side of the bed was always wet with too much breastmilk at night because she had too much and the rest was flowing freely whenever she wasn't feeding. I felt so terrible for punishing her for so long.

Note: kunu is very, very fattening. I added so much weight while taking it and had to do a lot of work to burn the fat after weaning.
. Kunu is african youghurt or locally made youghurt
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by FynBabe(f): 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Really? I learned something new today. Thanks.
tabithababy:
. Kunu is african youghurt or locally made youghurt
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by Pavore9: 6:12am On Jul 06, 2016
Onegai:

I knew a lady with oversupply so gangster, she used to donate it. She said her secret weapon was Stout beer.

Kids, don't try that at home grin alcohol poisoning is real.

Fenugreek, Mother's milk tea, pap and yes, small Stout are many ways to boost supply.

Have an idea how much fenugreek seeds sells for?
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by ogawisdom(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
Yomieluv:
My newly born baby can suck all day. As in non stop.

Wife said we get baby food to augment breast milk, but my doctor said no baby formula now,till at least three month.
Am confused. I need suggestions, and advice on what to do.
My boy is just 13days old.

U shld b happy he feeds dt shows he will live. Jst let d mum regulate his feeding, she shld kw when he has got enough at a time.

13 days is too early even 2months to start using formula, follow d docs 3months advice against d well established 6months
Re: My Baby Eats Too Much. by oluwaseunla(m): 7:17am On Jul 07, 2016
When my first daughter was born, I remembered telling myself I've never seen a baby that eats that much. In fact, by the third day, the attending consultant advised us to get formula to supplement her meals. Issue was that, no matter the amount of breastmilk she takes, she's never satisfied. She kept crying for those three days.

We chose SMA gold. She takes breastmilk as appetizer and dessert, but without formula in-between she doesn't sleep. She woke up all the babies on her floor one night. By the third week, she breastfeeds like 8 times daily, for like one hour each time, and consumes like 300mls of formula like 5 times daily. No way my wife can withstand to breastfeed that kind of child exclusively.

She was breastfed for a year and two months. By fourth month, she exhausts 6 packs of 900g of baby formula every month along with breast milk. She gained a lot of weight too. By 10 months, she was weighing 15 kilos.

By the turn of a year, she just reduced her consumption on her own, and lost all the weight. She's an extremely intelligent child, and she makes us happy. One thing I noticed is that for that first year, she just doesn't fall sick. We've never had to take her to the clinic for anything before, she never tasted any drug at all. She's two years now, weighs 12 kilos. I could not have wished for a better child.

Op, nothing wrong with giving formula if needed, but please breastmilk should not be stopped. Preferrably, try to give breastmilk more than formula, if your baby permits o. Otherwise, buy the milk, enjoy the ride. The stage won't last forever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asoebi: Its Role In Weddings Or Just A Money Making Machine / How Often Do U Call Your In-law / Please Advice A Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.