Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,189 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service (1417 Views)

MTN, Glo And 9mobile Lost 512,315 Subscribers / Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AmbodOfLASU: 5:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Hello, Good morning nairalanders.

I subscribed to Glo 10GB for 2,500naira last month. This came due to the fact that am a heavy data user(I use it for research, downloads, PDFs and other student related ish). However, my hopes of enjoying a smooth internet experience was dashed as Glo network was terrible all through. Out of the whole 10gb, I was unable to use even 40% of it. Why? Glo network may disappear for a whole day and when it eventually comes, it will be too weak to be used for downloads or streaming. The plan expired yesterday evening without enjoying value for money. I tried calling their customer care (it never connects during the day). So, I decided to keep vigil and call them before 6am today. Lo and behold, I was able to reach them. Disappointingly, however, they had nothing good to tell me. In the words of their representative : "we know we have issues with our 3G service but maybe your settings was not correct". Nonsense! The settings that was automatically configured by them. So its settings that won't allow phone calls to go through or make network to vanish for a whole day? GLO is a great disappointment with their epileptic network. I was expecting a week or two extension of my data plan under an improved network service but it just dawned on me am still in Nigeria, where the Capitalist class exploit the poor masses.

I will never waste my money on their Data plans again.

Pelumi is from the Lagos State University, Ojo.

Cc : Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Obinoscopy

1 Share

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Category1: 5:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Bro that 2500 is exactly what I'm using now...can't lie the downloads are very fast..
I no wan even download again make I no go finish am.

3 Likes

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Category1: 5:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Glo network are also more faster when u live in an industrial area like ajao estate, I do pass there a lot.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AmbodOfLASU: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
Glo network are also more faster when u live in an industrial area like ajao estate, I do pass there a lot.

Its very bad here in LASU despite being a student area.

You can use 5hours to download a song of 4mb.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Category1: 5:50am On Jul 04, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Its very bad here in LASU despite being a student area.

You can use 5hours to download a song of 4mb.
U don't say! grin
Have u tried midnight?
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by olimsySC: 5:51am On Jul 04, 2016
hmm
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by sammyp01: 5:59am On Jul 04, 2016
My experience as well is terrible.I subscribe jst for the purpose of download and the hightest speed I have seen has jst been 10kbs.total waste of money.its best to stick with etisalat 2k5 for 3.5gb Glo is a big scam
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AmbodOfLASU: 6:01am On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

U don't say! grin
Have u tried midnight?

I can't be awake every midnight when I have 8am lectures virtually everyday.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AmbodOfLASU: 6:06am On Jul 04, 2016
sammyp01:
My experience as well is terrible.I subscribe jst for the purpose of download and the hightest speed I have seen has jst been 10kbs.total waste of money.its best to stick with etisalat 2k5 for 3.5gb Glo is a big scam

I think Airtel has 6GB for 2,500naira . Contemplating on using that next. Though,Airtel gulps MB like vampire.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Eleniyan15: 6:10am On Jul 04, 2016
Bro seriously Glo network bad in Lasu
I prefer airtel to Glo here in lasu
it really disgusting egbon just port if you love fast browsing or Etisalat (for the rich)
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by mu2sa2: 6:17am On Jul 04, 2016
Many people have related similar experiences they had with glo. I have dropped my glo SIM card for now - I saw through their trick of selling data you won't be to use so cheaply. Generally speaking I believe etisalat is the most reliable network for browsing, follwowed by mtn.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AmbodOfLASU: 6:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Eleniyan15:
Bro seriously Glo network bad in Lasu
I prefer airtel to Glo here in lasu
it really disgusting egbon just port if you love fast browsing or Etisalat (for the rich)

Bro, nah Mkay Eleniyan be this?

ETISALAT is 3.5gb for 2k.

1 Like

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Eleniyan15: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2016
AmbodOfLASU:

Bro, nah Mkay Eleniyan be this?
NUP ETISALAT is 3.5gb for 2k.
Then do the Etisalat or Airtel jaare
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by geez18(m): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2016
seriously,glo is up to their neck in sh!t. their browser is so fvckedup you can barely do anything meaningful with it! i have a running data plan presently but because of their gross inconsistency i switched to airtel
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by gaburiel(m): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2016
Well, glo network is fast in my area. Do not allow your mb to waste for nothing, when its remaining a day to expire and network is still bad, kindly share me and I can finish your 10gb in less than 24 hours. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by MISSNORA(f): 6:41am On Jul 04, 2016
I'm sorry buh glo is for mugus. Try mtn or Etisalat jor
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by Ifejiswag(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2016
am using same data plan 2500 and its really fast

1 Like

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by deeobserver209(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2016
Nigerian telecommunication companies are still far from covering the length and breadth of the country. That is why its always advisable to patronise and deal with networks with the strongest signals in your area.

1 Like

Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by nomoless: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2016
Where I am the network is so bad, I stopped using 3G a long time ago. Change to HSPDA or any other suitable category.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by iliyande(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2016
mu2sa2:
Many people have related similar experiences they had with glo. I have dropped my glo SIM card for now - I saw through their trick of selling data you won't be to use so cheaply. Generally speaking I believe etisalat is the most reliable network for browsing, follwowed by mtn.

I am gladly using glo 4k for 18gig here in Abuja shared with my wife
so that trick has failed here cheesy

for mtn, I am sorry, the speed is not up to airtel and etisalat for me
I subscribed mtn 1gig to watch match but was disappointed with the speed I got.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by chrisskynet(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2016
Ma Airtel is blazing like mad here...
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by tosinjay(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
The glo network is bad in most areas and very slow, not enjoying my 10gb which is still left with over 8gb. The plan to use it to lessen the way i use my smile data isn't going down well.
Re: Glo And Its Fraudulent Data Service by AceRoyal: 11:27am On Jul 22, 2016
MISSNORA:
I'm sorry buh glo is for mugus. Try mtn or Etisalat jor
Hello MissNora

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Only Charge When It's Turned Off / Nomu S10 Water, Dust, Shockproof Phone For $89 At A "Fishing Contest" Promotion / Gionee M5, Tecno L9plus, Infinix Hot4pro Or Infinix Hot S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.