Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan (2147 Views)

Who Else Got Scammed By Mtn With Data This Weekend / Don't Be Deceived By MTN / Checkout 2 New Data Plans Officially Launched By MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Globallords(m): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2016
I've considered MTN as my favourite network but they got me losing the trust in them last weekend.

I ran out of data and call-time so i decided to activate an affordable plan that covers Browsing and Calling.

After dialling *142*30*3# which was assigned to my sim, i got 50MB+ 5Mins for #50 Only Valid for 24Hrs.
I was so pleased with this but to my surprise i could only use the 5mins only, the 50 Megabyte wasnt browsing till it expired.

Thank God i didnt activate that of greater amount. Will never try such plan again.

Are you also using the bundle of *142#? Ever regretted buying a data bundle? Share ur story!!!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by deeplow: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Tried glo #200 for 200mb+ airtime too. That was the worst decision I have made since 2013. The airtime was exhausted faster than normal. The data?... I don't wanna go there(chris brown's voice).

I am still loyal to glo sha.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by JideSM: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Globallords:
I've considered MTN as my favourite network but they got me losing the trust in them last weekend.

I ran out of data and call-time so i decided to activate an affordable plan that covers Browsing and Calling.

After dialling *142*30*3# which was assigned to my sim, i got 50MB+ 5Mins for #50 Only Valid for 24Hrs.
I was so pleased with this but to my surprise i could only use the 5mins only, the 50 Megabyte wasnt browsing till it expired.

Thank God i didnt activate that of greater amount. Will never try such plan again.

Are you also using the bundle of *142#? Ever regretted buying a data bundle? Share ur story!!!

Hi Globallords, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, I understand that this issue is receiving attention on twitter @MTN180. Be rest assured that you will get quality service and resolution to the issue you raised. Also note that I run a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where you can forward any issue for assistance. Thank You

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Aminu212: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2016
JideSM:

Hi Globallords, I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, I understand that this issue is receiving attention on twitter @MTN180. Be rest assured that you will get quality service and resolution to the issue you raised. Also note that I run a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where you can forward any issue for assistance. Thank You
mtchew........... instead of you to create a thread to be posting latest mtn cheats, you are creating thread for complains.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by say4gunit(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Aminu212:
mtchew........... instead of you to create a thread to be posting latest mtn cheats, you are creating thread for complains.
Why do you always behave like a f00l? He offered to help solve someone's problem and that someone is clearly not you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Aminu212: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
say4gunit:

Why do you always behave like a f00l? He offered to help solve someone's problem and that someone is clearly not you.
Am not a fool just lyk u so take your word back.
I know mtn customer care. they keep saying the same thing.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by say4gunit(m): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Aminu212:
Am not a fool just lyk u so take your word back.
I know mtn customer care. they keep saying the same thing.
All generalizations are false, start using your brain!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by grateful4life: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
JideSM:

Hi Globallords, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, I understand that this issue is receiving attention on twitter @MTN180. Be rest assured that you will get quality service and resolution to the issue you raised. Also note that I run a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where you can forward any issue for assistance. Thank You

had d same issue too. a text message was sent advertising a #1000 package for data & calls for 30days. Only to recharge & subcribe & find out that it was for 15days. I so disappointed. don't we your customers deserve to be told the truth?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Globallords(m): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
JideSM:

Thanks for that!!!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Globallords(m): 12:00am On Jul 05, 2016
grateful4life:

had d same issue too. a text message was sent advertising a #1000 package for data & calls for 30days. Only to recharge & subcribe & find out that it was for 15days. I so disappointed. don't we your customers deserve to be told the truth?

Na wa ooo, is it by force to come up with 'scammy' promo and offers?
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by osenbarak: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Aminu212:
loool guy u like cheat gan
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by Aminu212: 10:32am On Jul 14, 2016
osenbarak:
loool guy u like cheat gan
cheat no sweet?
Re: How I Got Scammed By Mtn's *142# Plan by osenbarak: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Aminu212:
cheat no sweet?
yup cheat sweet u get any mtn cheat

(1) (Reply)

12 Useful Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone Camera Aside Of Snapping Pics / Samsung Tab 3 Lite At 35k / 5 Free Mobile Apps To Generate Passive Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.