Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff (15508 Views)

16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Adesiji77: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has warned commercial banks to desist from giving sensitive banking roles to contract staff, as they may not have a stake in the banks.

CBN Director, Banking and Payments System Department, ‘Dipo Fatokun who disclosed this at the weekend during the unveiling of the Nigeria Electronic Fraud Forum (NeFF) report in Lagos, said the apex bank has severally, encouraged banks to ensure that their staff are those with something at stake.

“A temporary staff may not have a stake in the bank so to say. So, it is encouraged that if they have staff that are not permanent, they should not give them responsibilities or roles that will expose them to critical functions of a bank,” he said.

Continuing, Fatokun said: “If you are giving somebody an authority to approve transactions of high magnitude, and he does not have a stake in your bank, then you are already exposing yourself. So, this been going on and I believe many banks understand the need to rely on their key staff for major duties. That is one of the reasons, the fraud attempts have been rising, but the value lost declining”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-banks-dont-give-sensitive-roles-contract-staff/
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by jessy12: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
CBN should be telling banks to convert there contract staff to main staff.

51 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by lightheart(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Beaurifully making-sense.
Infact, every banker (+ their family, relative, friends, well-wishers, gbogbotigbo etc) should have a stake in the bank he/she works. cool

Category1:
Yeah the CBN is to be a few weeks ago I can't wait for your email is a bit of a bit of the other day and then we have a lot of this is the other say the new year and then we are you can do not be in this is the new York and then I do you can you have a lot of this is not sure you can be a bit and then we are you can you have a lot of this week and then we are not the new one more faster when you are the other than a few months don't know what is a few days to be in this'd the way to the new one of a few months don't have to the other than the way.
Nna, is this new version of 'lorem ipsum' biko?

6 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
Yeah the CBN is to be a few weeks ago I can't wait for your email is a bit of a bit of the other day and then we have a lot of this is the other say the new year and then we are you can do not be in this is the new York and then I do you can you have a lot of this is not sure you can be a bit and then we are you can you have a lot of this week and then we are not the new one more faster when you are the other than a few months don't know what is a few days to be in this'd the way to the new one of a few months don't have to the other than the way.
What gibberish!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by nan1: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
WHY WOULD THEY EVEN EMPLOY CONTRACT STAFF IN THE FIRST PLACE?

THIS IS MODERN DAY SLAVERY AND IT SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by 8BitGee(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

WTF man?

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

Clap for yourself

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF
gringringringringringringrin

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Pavore9: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Almakura:
What gibberish!

You captured my thought....the person behind the user name may not presently be in good state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by omonla555: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

What is this one saying?

Are you communicating or you are hallucinating?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by hazyfm: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Project400: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
...the banks should know better.
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by danie09(m): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
daffuq is this?

9 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by InfomejobsN: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2016

Advice Staffing Joor, they are all human being

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
are You ok?

7 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by sorextee(m): 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
seun move this post to the jokes section pls undecided undecided

Category1:

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by topemirates(m): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

Some pipu sha!

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by stonemind(f): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

First class madness

7 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
contract staff shud be abolished,it is the evil ogas on top who started and encourage all this rubbish, it shall not be well with them. because they want to continue collecting profit sharing ranging from 15m-50m. they looked for ways to cut costs theryby enslaving many desperate grads, it shall not be well with them

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by snadguy007(m): 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
The end is here

7 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by bigtt76(f): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
If the banks don't yet realize this until now, then they are on a long thing grin
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Beesluv: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmm
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Landloard01(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
ok
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Landloard01(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
God will help you

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
The madness na real category 1. grin grin

1 Like

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
grin grin
As if they will ever listen.

una go dey create law without any plan of enforcement
mmttsscchheeww

1 Like

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Crieff(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:
Yeah the CBN is to be a few weeks ago I can't wait for your ...................

This ^^^ up here is a shining example of what a good troll is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

grin grin maze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by gurunlocker: 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

and you think you are making sense here? No comma or full stop?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by Dosoq(f): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
yeye CBN.
Are dey not aware of the unrealistic target and roles dey give to deir staff,most especially the new intakes?

I have an inlaw who just got a job wit access bank,d condition she was given was dat she shld open a 2m naira account in 10days before she gets her employment letter despite the fact that she successfully went tru a rigorous recruitment process,wich also involved her in travelling up and down during d recruitment process,pls hw is 2m possible in 10days?

Yet,we have an apex governing d affairs of banks in naija........

God help us.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by tunjidj3: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
who approved contract staff, who are their employer, who are those benefiting from it, who are the people bearing the brunch. nigeria youth are suffering that is why they can not married. only the smart one that are place in a strategic position make it due to cbn complaints. modern day slave trade.this make me remembered one girl with a big suit working in a big bank but her hope is on allowances not salary because her take home is less than 25k contract staff.but tell her to look for another job she say no because she is in a strategic place hoping for opportunity. may God deliver nigeria from bad policy. hope PMB is hearing pleace do something we count on you sir.
Re: CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff by engrhorla(m): 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
Category1:

This is what happens when 'there is no light, fuel is #145, no job, inflation is high, heat is troubling the brain, weed is still cheap, nairabet,bet9ja don chop ur money finish and MTN still dash u 15MB when u borro #75

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? / Nigerian Doctors Defend Yourselves From Smooth-Talking Medical Jobbbers / What Does The Company QI Deal With Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.