Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (54205 Views)

Glo Downgrades It's Data Plans See Everything / Camon C9 Is Winning; Meet Its Brother—Camon C7 / How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Einl(m): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Etisalat's network is better and more reliable than MTN's. In case for value for money Etisalat is the best.

Another funny. If you buy credit on Etisalat for data they double the credit for you. So in essence you have your data and and still have credit to make calls.

Na man....Etisalat is the best.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by don4real18(m): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2016
lekjons:
#team free midnight browsing/downloading
abeg, how do I subscribe for midnight data and the cost
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Klare(f): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Glo

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Trunaijian: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2016
earthrealm:
glo is very very useless, i fell for thier trap some time ago...then 24gb was 8k, which was a big deal then back in 2014, omo see me na, cos thier lousy,slow network...i cudnt use upto 2gb of that 24gb, had to be buying additional packs to entend the validity,,,thinking it wud get better...for where!..after 4 months of buying additional data, i just said f,uck it...n allowed the data expire...lost abot 18gb then...am not ever using glo internet again...ever ever...
so slow, pages dont open etc...i ported my line to etisalat, and its been fairly ok for now
exactly. Why buy data you cant use!. I subscribed for their 3k for 12gb last week but I don't think I have been able to use up to 100mb. Very slow and I cant seem to get H only E almost everywhere I go. The sim is useless to me. I still prefer using my etisalat, although much expensive than glo but I get good signal and download speeds.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Klare(f): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Glo wink

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by CzarRex: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2016
glo all day!

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by FastestTech(m): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2016
tunes1102:
I called MTN customer care service and I was told the cheapest data bundle is 1000 for 250mb. So I don't know who is fooling who, Mtn or the subscribers

That was in 1983

Try MTN Today and See

2 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by yanabasee(m): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
drss:
am not impress. #team 1GB for N50.
Which network and how can I use the tweak? #preshiate..
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by kushma(m): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
BLINGZ88:
So havent heard of glo 2000 for 6gb or 2500 for 10000. Brother u are a learner
please tell me how to subscribe for it course I have Neva heard of it

2 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Uglykelvin(m): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
E still high nw, e go reach wen dem go dey beg ppl 2 take am 4 free grin
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Category1: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Glo rocks!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by kushma(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2016
eemmbbee:
I am using free basic airtel
Dat wat am using nw for nairaland
guy abeg tell me how to subscribe for it please.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Klare(f): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2016
don4real18:

abeg, how do I subscribe for midnight data and the cost
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by joepezy(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2016
;DAirtel is wining oo nd glo wants to take over , eteselate is trying to meet uo , MTN says bad market we can't cuntinue ..........
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by bishop4life(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2016
hornybee:

1.5 GB of mtn is far better than 6 GB of glo useless network because glo is so slow u ll end up smashing ur device

Bro it depend on or location. I can confidently tell you that Glo has been the best offer I ever got.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Coolgent(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2016
BLINGZ88:
I just finished Glo 6gb for 2k.
Dial *777#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by ThePeacemaker(m): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2016
BLINGZ88:
2500 for 10GB you mean
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 08, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
baba, glo ntwrk wack die 4 me side... I gats climb mast b4 2g even show 4 me mobile...

Bros haba. Na cotonou u dey ni?

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by kushma(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2016
drss:
am not impress. #team 1GB for N50.
please tell me how to do it.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by FastestTech(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2016
Well, some are really impressive, while some may not easily grow in the datasphere. Lol

Lets give it to,

Airtel (The network for the poor); imagine getting data as low as 2gb for just N200 & 250mb for N300.

Glo (Another Network telling Nigerians that they own them); The only network in Nigeria that offers 2GB for N1000. But their problem is poor network on data services.

MTN (Best data Network in Nigeria currently), and covers more than any other network in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Draculadick(m): 6:51am On Jul 08, 2016
everybody complaining of glo but where i stay in aguda both myglo modem ooooh and my glo andriod sub is like speed of light it all depends on where one stays

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by francizy(m): 6:52am On Jul 08, 2016
Cieno:
There was a time when 1,000 could only get you 200mb at best on any decent network. Honestly, these times were simple, all you needed was money. After years of throwing away money to the likes of MTN who had pretty sweet internet connection but over the top prices and Airtel who was considerably cheap but very unstable network connection, Nigerians got fed up, at least I know I did.

To our rescue came Mobile wifi routers; first swift then spectranet then smile. Anyone who uses internet for anything serious wouldn’t mind paying through their teeth for internet connection that good; it was 4G LTE after all.

It seemed all was good again, internet users happy. But then something happened. It all started this year and it all started with a network you wouldn’t even think could make it happen.

MTN decided and said ‘you know what, screw this, let’s have a party’, and just like that, MTN subscribers like me could get 1.5GB for 1000 naira, 3.5GB for 2,000 and 10GB for 5,000.

Scary right, the one network who hadn’t changed their plans in years decided to slash prices. I’m sure you can guess what came after, the only network people actually use because of internet decided to join the madness, Airtel raised the bar with this one allowing customers get 4GB for 2,000 and 9GB for 3,500. I actually thought, maybe…just maybe i should have stuck around with Airtel a little longer.

It actually does get better than that. Etisalat came with a crazy offer, and believe me, unlike most other networks, Etisalat’s promotions come with no strings attached and their network can only be matched by MTN’s. 1.5GB for 1,000, 3.5GB for 2,000, and 6.5GB for 3,500. At this point, intensity had intensified and nobody knew what to do… Well that was until Glo decided to end the campaign once and for all, 10GB for 2,500… Doesn’t make any sense to you yeah? Well, me too.

6GB for 2,000

2GB for 1,000

And the mother of all data giveaways, 10GB for 2,500.

You might think that’s all but there’s talks of Airtel selling 11GB for just 2,000.

Picking a mobile data plan just became pretty stressful but it’s the kind of stressful I like

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/its-data-wars-in-nigeria-and-airtel-is-winning/

The bolded! Get your facts right. MTN didn't start the cheap data stuff. Glo did, even tho they prove to be the worst network in Nigeria at the moment (because of their wack network coupled with scams). I started using the Glo 2.5k for 4.5gig 2014 December and continued from then on till last two months when I couldn't cope any longer complaining about services I paid for (since other networks were improving their network while glo was only concerned about improving the list of their musician ambassadors) and all that.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by yanabasee(m): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
Rockin dat #200 4 2gb on airtel(2g) gud netwrk too. Airtel rules after all awuf no dy run belle on dis occassion

What's d code and procedure to subs for #200 for 2gig?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by shegfun(m): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2016
Team Etisalat forever
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by yanabasee(m): 6:55am On Jul 08, 2016
lekjons:
#team free midnight browsing/downloading

Guy...I am seriously in need of this tweak.. Thanks!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by francizy(m): 6:55am On Jul 08, 2016
Draculadick:
everybody complaining of glo but where i stay in aguda both myglo modem ooooh and my glo andriod sub is like speed of light it all depends on where one stays

Does it make sense for Glo to be only active in about 1 - 5% of the entire Nigerian landmass while other networks are trying tooth and nail to reach about 50-70% 3G coverage. Glo is nothing but mediocrity defined in simple terms.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by doctorsage: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2016
glo unlimited is without a doubt the best!!!!
I'm subscribed to always macro which costs 3k for 12GB. what you guys should know is that glo pays me 6k to call all networks and on top dat dem still dash me 12gb data which I use up every month ! tell me which network betters this offer?

3 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Shollarh(m): 7:00am On Jul 08, 2016
GLO is definitely winning this time.
Glo baby
GLO!

3 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Shehucom(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
Rockin dat #200 4 2gb on airtel(2g) gud netwrk too. Airtel rules after all awuf no dy run belle on dis occassion
How abeg?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by isaacmarshal07: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Oya dab
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by mercichoco(f): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
pls hw do subscribe?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by zubycharles(m): 7:08am On Jul 08, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
baba, glo ntwrk wack die 4 me side... I gats climb mast b4 2g even show 4 me mobile...
yes oooo even here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Etisalat Android Plan / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Airtel New Android Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.