Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (54215 Views)

Glo Downgrades It's Data Plans See Everything / Camon C9 Is Winning; Meet Its Brother—Camon C7 / How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by bayulll01(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Emmatdayo:
am behind u bro grin grin grin grin grin
but wait, is 50 not too much undecided undecided undecided
Boss abeg tell me how the #50 for 1gb be like, which network and its durability?

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Emmatdayo(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
bayulll01:
Boss abeg tell me how the #50 for 1gb be like, which network and its durability?
bros there is nthin like that in existence
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Temidayo9(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
[img][/img]
kushma:
please tell me how to subscribe for it course I have Neva heard of it
Just dial *777# and beging navigate
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by grandstar(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bimffo:
MTN 2GB = 1.8GB

GLO 2GB = 2GB

Etisalat 2GB = 1.5GB

Airtel 2GB = 450 MB. grin

My airtel gig dey disappear before I say pronto

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Ellieanna: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cieno:
There was a time when 1,000 could only get you 200mb at best on any decent network. Honestly, these times were simple, all you needed was money. After years of throwing away money to the likes of MTN who had pretty sweet internet connection but over the top prices and Airtel who was considerably cheap but very unstable network connection, Nigerians got fed up, at least I know I did.

To our rescue came Mobile wifi routers; first swift then spectranet then smile. Anyone who uses internet for anything serious wouldn’t mind paying through their teeth for internet connection that good; it was 4G LTE after all.

It seemed all was good again, internet users happy. But then something happened. It all started this year and it all started with a network you wouldn’t even think could make it happen.

MTN decided and said ‘you know what, screw this, let’s have a party’, and just like that, MTN subscribers like me could get 1.5GB for 1000 naira, 3.5GB for 2,000 and 10GB for 5,000.

Scary right, the one network who hadn’t changed their plans in years decided to slash prices. I’m sure you can guess what came after, the only network people actually use because of internet decided to join the madness, Airtel raised the bar with this one allowing customers get 4GB for 2,000 and 9GB for 3,500. I actually thought, maybe…just maybe i should have stuck around with Airtel a little longer.

It actually does get better than that. Etisalat came with a crazy offer, and believe me, unlike most other networks, Etisalat’s promotions come with no strings attached and their network can only be matched by MTN’s. 1.5GB for 1,000, 3.5GB for 2,000, and 6.5GB for 3,500. At this point, intensity had intensified and nobody knew what to do… Well that was until Glo decided to end the campaign once and for all, 10GB for 2,500… Doesn’t make any sense to you yeah? Well, me too.

6GB for 2,000

2GB for 1,000

And the mother of all data giveaways, 10GB for 2,500.

You might think that’s all but there’s talks of Airtel selling 11GB for just 2,000.

Picking a mobile data plan just became pretty stressful but it’s the kind of stressful I like

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/its-data-wars-in-nigeria-and-airtel-is-winning/

Glo data is cheap but the network is very terrible..... You can do 6GB subscription and you won't even use 500MB out of it so for me , Airtel network is the best
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by cevek11: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
Is that 10k for 11gg I see?
kajoula:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...Glo Unlimited
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Bimffo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
grandstar:

My airtel gig dey disappear before I say pronto

grin
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by luluosas(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
Glo would have been the clear winner but for their bad network.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Xtianvic(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
Trunaijian:
exactly. Why buy data you cant use!. I subscribed for their 3k for 12gb last week but I don't think I have been able to use up to 100mb. Very slow and I cant seem to get H only E almost everywhere I go. The sim is useess to me. I still prefer using my etisalat, although much expensive than glo but I get good signal and download speeds.
go to setting and change your preference from 3G/2G AUTO to 3G on glo then problem solved

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Thylord(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
Rockin dat #200 4 2gb on airtel(2g) gud netwrk too. Airtel rules after all awuf no dy run belle on dis occassion
pls how can someone subscribe for it and how long does it last.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by CaraJewel(f): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
Rockin dat #200 4 2gb on airtel(2g) gud netwrk too. Airtel rules after all awuf no dy run belle on dis occassion
Plz how did u get 2g for 200naira..code pls
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
omotroyz:
currently using Airtel #200 for 2gb( 2weeks and 2g network)

how do I activate that bro!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by shapman: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
LI-FI is set to launch in the year 2017. That's gonna be the ultimate knockout! cool

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by lillyana(f): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Airtel 2Gb for #200 all the way
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by lillyana(f): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Alanjeffy:

how do I activate that bro!
. Dial *482#,then select from the options
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Somex10202(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
yanabasee:

What's d code and procedure to subs for #200 for 2gig?
is 2g network that it work on o,that what am using,*482# or *482*1#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Somex10202(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
mercichoco:
pls hw do subscribe?
*482#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by nsamchizzy: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Competition gets better....very soon we all live in a free browsing country. Yurk!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Trunaijian: 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
Xtianvic:
go to setting and change your preference from 3G/2G AUTO to 3G on glo then problem solved
no deal bro. Same ol same ol
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Globacom our very own naija network

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Adeborry: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mtn is soooo fake...the 1.5gb is just about 300mb and the 3.5 is about 1.5gb same with airtel but I think glo gives the exact GB but their network is soooo bad!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by uvalued(m): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
baba, glo ntwrk wack die 4 me side... I gats climb mast b4 2g even show 4 me mobile...
i concur i twitted em an the ishhas not improved

3 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by NevetsIbot(m): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
vicben27:
guy! Na wetin you dey use too be that? Omo! I feel airtel die. Them too get brain. Their network correct. I use that 2g to stream youtube... Downloaded movies and i'm still downloading one.. And did I meantion that airtel charges me 0.04kobo per kilobyte? Just imagine. gringrin
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by LordReed(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
drss:
chai! 310GB in two weeks! na d whole internet u dey download which area u dey n how much be d ntel plan

LoL @ d whole internet. I stay in Abuja and the plan costs 10k a month, very excellent value for money. Unfortunately it's limited at this time to Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Darnyel: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bimffo:

Just say you don't wanna pay for internet connection again. ::-D-\

What meanest thou? Have you considered how much data $100 can procure. If for the naira kwashiokor.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Darnyel: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
NevetsIbot:
guy! Na wetin you dey use too be that? Omo! I feel airtel die. Them too get brain. Their network correct. I use that 2g to stream youtube... Downloaded movies and i'm still downloading one.. And did I meantion that airtel charges me 0.04kobo per kilobyte? Just imagine. gringrin

How nah?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
lillyana:
. Dial *482#,then select from the options

how long does it last dear
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Cadamlk: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
hornybee:

1.5 GB of mtn is far better than 6 GB of glo useless network because glo is so slow u ll end up smashing ur device
May be Glo network in your area is not strong.I use Glo because it is far better than other service providers in my area.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Darnyel: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
360command:
I browse free , I download movies, series a lot. can't wait for the new prison break, power, walking dead.

Bro how now? Spread the goodies.grin
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Chriso2: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Airtel #team winning# Etisalat #secondus# Mtn Glo #bad netwk#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Rexyl(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bimffo:
MTN 2GB = 1.8GB
GLO 2GB = 2GB
Etisalat 2GB = 1.5GB
Airtel 2GB = 450 MB. grin

I haven't confirmed that of mtn but that of airtel sucks in terms of data

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Etisalat Android Plan / Airtel New Android Plans / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.