Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (54214 Views)

Glo Downgrades It's Data Plans See Everything / Camon C9 Is Winning; Meet Its Brother—Camon C7 / How To Stop GLO And AIRTEL Auto-borrow Me Credit Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Amberon11: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
pls expatiate.
Tank u airtel 4 my free uc mini handler+ opera handler been enjoying free internet ever seens.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
kushma:
guy abeg tell me how to subscribe for it please.

Lemme explain all here

Free basic is a free browsing service on airtel it is free bt doesn't work on all sites. . Jst some selected sites like olx purpose nairaland fb etc. .. U dont subscribe all you need is have zero naira nd zero mb open ur browser open face book then u will see the airtel free basic offer. ..
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
The site

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by emillionaire: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
na wa o

1 Like

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by NevetsIbot(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Darnyel:

How nah?
bros baka why?!!! Ain't telling. For real, airtel sent me a msg about it and i typed the code.. And bam! It worked. I can use a naira to browse for a while... While mtn is busy screwing everyone
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Mekanus(m): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
Padolski:
guy u still de far airtel new data plan which goes for 200 for 2gb and 500 for 6gb airtel rocks
Can the data be shared through hotspot?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by drphantom: 9:06am On Jul 09, 2016
Cieno:
There was a time when 1,000 could only get you 200mb at best on any decent network. Honestly, these times were simple, all you needed was money. After years of throwing away money to the likes of MTN who had pretty sweet internet connection but over the top prices and Airtel who was considerably cheap but very unstable network connection, Nigerians got fed up, at least I know I did.

To our rescue came Mobile wifi routers; first swift then spectranet then smile. Anyone who uses internet for anything serious wouldn’t mind paying through their teeth for internet connection that good; it was 4G LTE after all.

It seemed all was good again, internet users happy. But then something happened. It all started this year and it all started with a network you wouldn’t even think could make it happen.

MTN decided and said ‘you know what, screw this, let’s have a party’, and just like that, MTN subscribers like me could get 1.5GB for 1000 naira, 3.5GB for 2,000 and 10GB for 5,000.

Scary right, the one network who hadn’t changed their plans in years decided to slash prices. I’m sure you can guess what came after, the only network people actually use because of internet decided to join the madness, Airtel raised the bar with this one allowing customers get 4GB for 2,000 and 9GB for 3,500. I actually thought, maybe…just maybe i should have stuck around with Airtel a little longer.

It actually does get better than that. Etisalat came with a crazy offer, and believe me, unlike most other networks, Etisalat’s promotions come with no strings attached and their network can only be matched by MTN’s. 1.5GB for 1,000, 3.5GB for 2,000, and 6.5GB for 3,500. At this point, intensity had intensified and nobody knew what to do… Well that was until Glo decided to end the campaign once and for all, 10GB for 2,500… Doesn’t make any sense to you yeah? Well, me too.

6GB for 2,000

2GB for 1,000

And the mother of all data giveaways, 10GB for 2,500.

You might think that’s all but there’s talks of Airtel selling 11GB for just 2,000.

Picking a mobile data plan just became pretty stressful but it’s the kind of stressful I like

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/its-data-wars-in-nigeria-and-airtel-is-winning/

Actually the problem was never from the GSM telcos. NCC had placed a cap on the minimum the telcos could charge. That rest unction was lifted earlier this year and that was what began data price wars. The telcos were now free to charge based on the actual value of the product and market forces
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by kechywillz(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
For me Mtn,Etisalat and Airtel are the recognized networks,time will come when 1Gb will be sold at N100
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by 360command: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
drss:
u mean dem wan release anoda prison break na one of my best series be dat. wen dem go release am
next year January. Scofield is alive. him go Korea prison.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by drss(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
360command:
next year January. Scofield is alive. him go Korea prison.
omo e be like say wahala dey for scofied. anyway we ar waiting.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Rexyl(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
how is Airtel winning? I will give the winning side to Glo and probably mtn
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 10, 2016
drss:
interesting. here we ar fighting over N1000 for 1.5GB/month. nigerian telecoms ar thieves.
Plus in many areas of Nairobi and Mombasa, Zuku is triple play. I pay sh 4,500 for 20Mbps internet, 90 TV channels and a phone which has free unlimited calls if you call a Zuku number.Calling another network is the same as calling a Safaricom line too.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by yanabasee(m): 8:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Somex10202:
is 2g network that it work on o,that what am using,*482# or *482*1#

Thanks

But..what do you mean by, 2G network?

And what's d different between this very tweak and that of psiphon tweak?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Jaymaestro(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
only MTN.The rest are useless.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by 360command: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
drss:
omo e be like say wahala dey for scofied. anyway we ar waiting.
I dey tell u! I just dey wait. na which season movie u fit recommend give me make I have watch? you don c walking dead?- e make brain well well.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by drss(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
360command:
I dey tell u! I just dey wait. na which season movie u fit recommend give me make I have watch? you don c walking dead?- e make brain well well.
apart from criminal minds, 24, desperate house wives, legend of d seeker, i no watch oda series. I go try buy dis walking dead watch cos i been hear tori about am. before d year end i plan to watch, sherlock, mr robot (2016 new series), vikings n many odas like game of thrones, preacher, outlander.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by donhils: 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
drss:
apart from criminal minds, 24, desperate house wives, legend of d seeker, i no watch oda series. I go try buy dis walking dead watch cos i been hear tori about am. before d year end i plan to watch, sherlock, mr robot (2016 new series), vikings n many odas like game of thrones, preacher, outlander.
You mean you haven't seen Game of thrones??
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by drss(m): 12:23am On Jul 11, 2016
donhils:

You mean you haven't seen Game of thrones??
i never watch am but i go soon buy am.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Youngpo413: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2016
drss:
Banshe...
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by donhils: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2016
GERALD710:

Plus in many areas of Nairobi and Mombasa, Zuku is triple play. I pay sh 4,500 for 20Mbps internet, 90 TV channels and a phone which has free unlimited calls if you call a Zuku number.Calling another network is the same as calling a Safaricom line too.
So we all should now run to Kenya? Is that what you're implying?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omotroyz(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
iambabaG:

Abeggg.. How do you do that?? Help a brother in this hard times
dial *482#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by iambabaG: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
omotroyz:

dial *482#

What do you mean by 2 weeks and 2g
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by iambabaG: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
omotroyz:

dial *482#

Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omotroyz(m): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
iambabaG:

the 2gb last for 2weeks. though u might experience some network issues.
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omoghene1: 5:16am On Jul 22, 2016
still nothing on how to check the airtel 6g for #500 plan
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omoghene1: 5:17am On Jul 22, 2016
omotroyz:

the 2gb last for 2weeks. though u might experience some network issues.

How do you check the balance?
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omotroyz(m): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2016
omoghene1:

How do you check the balance?
"141*7#
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by omoghene1: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2016
omotroyz:
"141*7#
Thanks
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by DuduParaPara: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2016
BLINGZ88:
So havent heard of glo 2000 for 6gb or 2500 for 10000. Brother u are a learner
How is he a learner? Airtel still wins jare!!
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
horlus:
they should remove the time limit attached to using the data. i should buy data and finish it whenever i like.
....exactly my thoughts on this shitty network of Nigeria ...must we buy 10gb data and finish within one month ..sometimes this things just gets me annoyed
Re: It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning by horlus(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
....exactly my thoughts on this shitty network of Nigeria ...must we buy 10gb data and finish within one month ..sometimes this things just gets me annoyed

They are basically just ripping us off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Etisalat Android Plan / Airtel New Android Plans / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.