Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says (18095 Views)

Ikpeazu’s Tax Certificate Wasn’t Forged, Abia Internal Revenue Service Clarifies / High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office / Ikpeazu Welcomes Tambuwal With Made-In-Aba Shoe To Abia State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by nwadiuko1(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

No sir, the court cannot help you to defend your case. It is the duty of the prosecuting or defence team to invite relevant parties that could help their case. The court would only decide based on evidence put before it.
lol bro......read up about subpoena...... then come back and comment

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by jlinkd78(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2016
f
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Almonda: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2016
Abeg let them look for other means to indicting Ikpeazu joor! Definitely not this one on the issue tax clearance
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by alt3r3g0: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2016
Why did the court that disqualified him not investigate before passing judgement?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by seunmsg(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2016
meforyou1:
u didn't read the post? The tax authorities were not called to the court

So, who should call them? The governor should blame his legal team for gross incompetence instead of prompting the state internal revenue board to issue a public statement that can only appeal to public sentiments at best.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by sdindan: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Medicine After Death....You can only convince the overly sentimental IPOB Vandals with this afterthought....

You hav started coming out from ur shell little by little.

Past 6 months u have been silenced by ur incompetent president Bubu.

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Gozzzy(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2016
this is Nigeria, and this is Abia state we are talking about... This TA Orji's family and desperate Ngwa people we are talking about... I tell you, they can go to BIR and IRS and coerce the officials to draft a statement confirming authenticity of any document no matter how falsified and oluwoleish it may be, so as to thwart justice in their favour. Anyone that has been close to Ngwa people, will tell you that those people are capable of anything!!! Have they admitted to kidnapping the cj NGWA AND TA ORJI, CAN DO ANYTHING OUT OF DESPERATION.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Gkemz: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2016
Ikpeazu, so you are hereby vindicated.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by franchizy(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2016
meforyou1:
u didn't read the post? The tax authorities were not called to the court

My friend please shut up. You people are too annoying.

Is it the duty of the court to invite the issueingAuthority ?.

Obviously you IPOD youth are blinded with sentiment.

For Gods sake it is the duty of ikpeazu's defence team to invite the issueing authority as a witnes to the genuinety and authentencity of the Tax clesrance cert.

As far as im concerned the press release is as useless as those supporters of ikpeazu.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by SimpleTee: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2016
Court cases are not argued as advertorials on the pages of Newspapers....
Are they just waking up now? Or why were these facts not pleaded and tendered at the Federal High Court in Abuja?
And the case was in that Court for more than a whole year!

It will seem the more you look, the less you see: as far as this case is concerned....

They say no new or fresh evidence can be brought in any more: as the Appeal Court will only rely on the facts of the law as the case was presented at the High Court level

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by vakabinto(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2016
Nobody said it was forged, but for the fact he took an oath and swore affidavite that every information on his document were correct and meanwhile they were not reliable and valid, the law then has no room for such mistakes#ogah4governor

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by linearity: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

No sir, the court cannot help you to defend your case. It is the duty of the prosecuting or defence team to invite relevant parties that could help their case. The court would only decide based on evidence put before it.

That true, but courts call on experts or professionals to give expert advise especially in areas where they are clueless as it turns out to be in this case.

Court usually weighs both party's evidence and renders a judgement base on which is closer to it's beliefs of the truth.

To rule a valid government document invalid is an egg and shame on the face of the court and a ruling they will regret. It is like ruling that, my international passport is fake, the court must have a competent source to compare the evidence of the plaintiff with, before reaching a final conclusion and that competent source will be an original international passport or the issuing authority, which is not necessarily called by either party.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by lagdmark(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Gkemz:
Ikpeazu, so you are hereby vindicated.
So Ogah and his touts will go back home empty and wait till 2023
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
They told us that Aisha Muhammadu Buhari a.k.a Aishaliburton will travel to US on “30th June 2016” to clarify Fayose's claim about haliburton's fraud/scam but, today is 4th July & Aishaliburton hasn't travelled to Colorado USA..

#who_is-thinking_what_i_am_thinking
How does this thread relate to Aisha Buhari?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by MadamExcellency: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

That part is the funniest as far as i am concerned. It shows the incompetence of Ikpeazu's legal team. Why did the defence team fail to call the state internal revenue board to testify to the authenticity of their clients tax certificate? Why did his legal team admitted in court that there was a mistake in the tax returns? This press statement is just a bad attempt at damage control, it is too little too late.

Any statement from Ikeazu's legal team is immaterial as far as the authenticity of the said document is, from Legal point of view.

The authenticity of a passport, receipt or any legal document can only be ascertained from the issuing authority under oath and cross examination.

If the Abia State IRS wasn't invited then the judgement is miscarriage of justice since it never originated from Ikpeazu.

If I present a WASC Certificate to UNILAG, I can't be expected to come and prove the genuineness of the document without consulting WASC Board to authenticate their certificate through records.

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by OGGS2000: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Gozzzy:
this is Nigeria, and this is Abia state we are talking about... This TA Orji's family and desperate Ngwa people we are talking about... I tell you, they can go to BIR and IRS and coerce the officials to draft a statement confirming authenticity of any document no matter how falsified and oluwoleish it may be, so as to thwart justice in their favour. Anyone that has been close to Ngwa people, will tell you that those people are capable of anything!!! Have they admitted to kidnapping the cj NGWA AND TA ORJI, CAN DO ANYTHING OUT OF DESPERATION.

I do not know what you do , ask any body that works as an employee if people are paid before the pay their tax.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Rolings: 11:32am On Jul 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
They told us that Aisha Muhammadu Buhari a.k.a Aishaliburton will travel to US on “30th June 2016” to clarify Fayose's claim about haliburton's fraud/scam but, today is 4th July & Aishaliburton hasn't travelled to Colorado USA..

#who_is-thinking_what_i_am_thinking

Ask fayose to come explain how money meant to purchase arms for soldiers ended up being used to rig him to power instead of running from pillar to post claiming he has immunity does he have immunity from saying the truth?
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by IVORY2009(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
How does this thread relate to Aisha Buhari?
Bros all join grin cheesy
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2016
Anybody who is employed knows that Taxes are deducted at source for Government and Office workers.

How then can the Governor's tax certificate be fake? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by steinalb(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2016
That means the court just gave ogah the judgement without proper investigation. Nigeria is finished.

The judge that gave that order should resign and go back to his village or jump inside the lagoon.

I will like to know something:
I thought in cases like this, the runner-up in the election poll gets the nod, while give ogah the nod. He didn't participate in the election.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by buksaylor001: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2016
At gun point or which threat was this statement from SIRS made Or was it under some kinda inducement?

The case was in course for over a year and they never learnt their voice through this afterthought of an advertorial or sought to be included in the suit to defend the certificate,now you are being coerced by threats and inducenments you come out and reel out lies.who doesn't know how this tax clearance certificates are being forged within the revenue offices nationwide.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by buksaylor001: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Anybody who is employed knows that Taxes are deducted at source for Government and Office workers.

How then can the Governor's tax certificate be fake? undecided

If you have worked before in your life,you should know how tax clearances are being arranged-
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by bender79: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2016
estyvino:
From day one, I know somebody(no 1)in Aso Rock is behind this suspicious judgment. Well appeal court dey sha!
You see, this publication has succeded in decieving gullible people like you.
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by saintandsinnerz: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
Lol surprises me how APC supporters are so interested in a PDP internal matter. Worst so, they are supporting the Henry Ogah, confirming people's suspicion that APC is involved in this.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by PEREP: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
Gozzzy:

Are you saying he was responsible for the remittance of his PAYE himself? If No, then why should he be punished for any remittance issues?
Are you saying the board of Internal Revenue did not issue a Tax Clearance? If No, pls provide your proof

This case is too simple to be this complicated. The Judge erred by leaving out the Abia State BIR before final judgement. This is like a police prosecuting a man for presenting a failed cheque because my signature was irregular without contacting me as the Cheque owner. I am the only one who can say if I issued the cheque or not.

This is why International Community laugh at us all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by TamedWolf90: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:
Nonsense, they should have presented this evidence in court before the judgement was given.

Is it that you have problem comprehending written English or you lack adequate thinking facilities??,
So the part where he stated that they were not subpoenaed or inviting by uche ogar or the court pending the case is oblivious to you??

One problem is that we always argue without thinking rationally... I don't side anybody but atleast no knowledge is a waste... #NdiMmadu Sef

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2016
buksaylor001:

If you have worked before in your life,you should know how tax clearances are being arranged-

Oga..

I have been working for over 5 years.. Tell me again how Tax Clearance that your Company deducts at sorce can be arranged?

Most especially Tax of a State or Federal Civil Servant..

I am not talking about P.I.T that you pay based on income declared o!! I am talking of your salary where tax is deducted at source.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by fergie001: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Blizzy9ja: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:
No matter on whose side you are in support, if the last paragraph is true then something is wrong somewhere.

Is it possible to declare a document fake without inviting the issuing authority?
Only in buhariLand
Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by TamedWolf90: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Any statement from Ikeazu's legal team is immaterial as far as the authenticity of the said document is, from Legal point of view.

The authenticity of a passport, receipt or any legal document can only be ascertained from the issuing authority under oath and cross examination.

If the Abia State IRS wasn't invited then the judgement is miscarriage of justice since it never originated from Ikpeazu.

If I present a WASC Certificate to UNILAG, I can't be expected to come and prove the genuineness of the document without consulting WASC Board to authenticate their certificate through records.

Simple...Well said...

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Tax Clearance Is Not Fake! - Abia IRS Says by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:

That part is the funniest as far as i am concerned. It shows the incompetence of Ikpeazu's legal team. Why did the defence team fail to call the state internal revenue board to testify to the authenticity of their clients tax certificate? Why did his legal team admitted in court that there was a mistake in the tax returns? This press statement is just a bad attempt at damage control, it is too little too late.
I wonder O!! if the court forgot to subpoena the revenue service, what happened to Ikpeazu's lawyers?? are they that daft??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN / Minister Of Youth: Why Not Professor Imumolen, That Youngest Presidential Candid / Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.