Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,495 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help (1321 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Help by NnamdiN: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2009
Hey guys i really need your help,my laptop *hp pavilion*dv5 shows that its connected to a network but cannot connet to the internet,im really a jjc and i need help
Re: Help by deji2009(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
take it you"re connecting by cable and is O/S vista . well, here what

[b]click start

2cm below that type in network and sharing centre

there should be a diagram representaion of how the network looks lik[/b]e

on your right hand side you should see the globe of the world
is it gray out as in white if is then it mean you need to turn off your modem
back on again and see if you can connect. i hope you dont have norton installed
Re: Help by NnamdiN: 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
the line btw the network and the globe is crossed with a red "x" and i have norton installed could it be the problem?ive taken the stuff to many cyber cafes but they could'nt do anything to help me.its hp pavillionn dv5 1133ei.windows vista
Re: Help by deji2009(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
the line btw the network and the globe is crossed with a red "x" and i have norton installed could it be the problem?ive taken the stuff to many cyber cafes but they could'nt do anything to help me.its hp pavillionn dv5 1133ei.windows vista

with the X on the globe of the world, it means you are not connected to the internet

little do i know about nigeria internet service provider and it's equipment such as modem etc

best thing is to try connecting this laptop to another person's network

if no joy then turn off or remove norton completely. then try connecting. Good luck!
Re: Help by deji2009(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
with the X on the globe of the world, it means you are not connected to the internet

little do i know about nigeria internet service provider and it's equipment such as modem etc

best thing is to try connecting this laptop to another person's network

if no joy then turn off or remove norton completely. then try connecting. Good luck!

having said that, there is one thing we goiong to try. because norton has got some known issue

which can block wired and wireless internet connection

well, hold down the windows flag on your keyboard+R a box should pop up

type in there cmd [/b]then press enter you"ll see a [b]flashing cursor

type in there[b] IPCONFIG/ALL[/b] and look for ethernet adaptor local area connection or ethernet adaptor wireless connection

depending on how you"re connecting then look for [b]IP Address or default gateway [/b]make a note of this as we"re need it later

then again type ping then give a space and type the IP address or default gateway number and wait fo replies

should say paket sent=0 recieve0 lost=0 or media state disconnected

Like i said ealier on norton has got some know issues so here is a removal tool just incase you"re not able to remove norton using

control panel the use this http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Good luck!
Re: Help by NnamdiN: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
i tried uninstalliin norton but the stuff wouldnt go away,is there any other way of removing it since i cannot download the removal tool bcoz i cant connect to the internet?
Re: Help by PCbusayo(f): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is deji2009 sorry for the late reply. my account has been blocked and dont know why, temporary using my girlfriend account have notified the moderators however. ok since norton is not going off. then you need to burn the removal tool unto a cd by accessing another internet computer

Good luck!
Re: Help by NnamdiN: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
No need for the apologies,you are the only person that has given me a reasonable answer ever since i encountered that problem.as for the removal tool,i'll do as you said.
Thanks a lot,in anticipation.lol,
Re: Help by BlackRevo: 1:23am On Sep 13, 2009
NnamdiN:

No need for the apologies,you are the only person that has given me a reasonable answer ever since i encountered that problem.as for the removal tool,i'll do as you said.
Thanks a lot,in anticipation.lol,

Just like deji said download that to remove the norton antivirus but download in relation to the right product you have on your laptop. You can save it to a USB and install from there.

You can also go to the network and sharing center and click on manage wireless networks. then remove all the network profiles there and then try to connect to the wireless network again or manually add the adapter properties there.

Also when ever you try to connect to a network and your anti virus prompts you for an action then you should click on allow and save connection.
Re: Help by mikesleek(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2009
Try resetting the network adapter. From network and sharing center, click manage network connections and right click the connection you are using. Click diagnose. That should give you some information. If no luck click on reset adapter. This would reset your adapter. Also if your firewall is enabled, disable it temporarily for diagnostic purposes. Hope it helps.
Re: Help by NnamdiN: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2009
Thanks 2 all ya who cared,it was the norton stuff that prevented it 4rm connecting.@deji I cant thank you enough,the good news is that i'm replying with my laptop.I appreciate your help
Re: Help by deji2009(m): 11:44pm On Sep 13, 2009
Thanks 2 all ya who cared,it was the norton stuff that prevented it 4rm connecting.@deji I cant thank you enough,the good news is that i'm replying with my laptop.I appreciate your help

Glad is now working. is a team efforts! should need any further technical assistance let us know we see what we do for you.
Re: Help by NnamdiN: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2011
I'm back again with a new set of troubles o, I really hope y'all wud come around again

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-786045.0.html#msg9394052

(1)

Cafe Biller / Mini Laptop For Sale / HP Pavilion Dv4 (350g,4gram)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.