Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,767 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (54979 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BraniacX(m): 1:19am On Jul 08, 2016
Igboid:

You seriously need a brain transplant Surgery, a Goat brain will be an upgrade to what you currently have.

"The ancestors of all the clans in Isoko migrated from Benin with the exception of Igbide, Okpolo/Enwe and Umeh in Isoko South LGA and Evwrheni, now in Ughelli South, which came from east of the river Niger, i.e. the present day Anambra, Bayelsa and Rivers States. They came through the river Niger to Isoko creek (a tributary of river Niger) near Patani, and advanced inland to settle in their present sites. Umeh ancestors came from Onya on the river Niger (opposite river Nun, a tributary of river Niger) and came through Isoko creek near Patani and advanced inward to settle on the banks of Isoko creek where they are at present. There was further movement of Owhawha ancestors from Igbide in Isoko South LGA to settle in Jeremi clan, Ughelli South LGA".

http://www.isokonewyork.org/history.html

Now crawl back to where ever you came from.

Now here i was expecting an academic journal but i guess i set my expectations too high innit? embarassed so tell me, who peer reviewed this article? Where are the references and citations? Have you never written a thesis before? I would like to believe you're schooled, aren't you? Okay let's give a dog a bone and say you've made your point and i stand corrected, what next? The igbide peoples still remain as non-igboid and pro-isoko as ever as other isoko's are non-benin and pro-isoko, maybe even more so bottomline is you still loose! tongue
It must sting that every time you spread your hands out and shout "ma nigger!" Expecting a hug everyone just shrinks away! Don't take it personal, your feats, achievements and greatness don't mean a damn thang! to no one but you! grin funny is how same write up you cite for igbides coming from the east says okpe, ekpan, sapele and many other groups came from isoko but guess what? We as isokos don't care to see it that way! We see them as independent groups and peoples in their own rights with any possible affiliation theirs to give credence and value to and not ours to impose on them and therein lies the great difference between my people and not your people but your ilk among your people, we say you can be yourselves anyway or multiple number of ways you choose to define yourselves, you say you can be yourselves but only in the way we define you. Guess what? We win every time, every time you loose tongue
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Igboid: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2016
Which igbide people?

You and your befuddled great nuncle?

Is that an excerpt from any official igbide peoples union website?

orhue!!!

And when an official Igbide people's website was provided to him, he started looking for a journal, a thesis ,a peer review http://www.isokonewyork.org/history.html .

How hilarious can it get? I guess it was Igboid that forced Igbide people in Newyork to write about their Eastern connection, and they need to prove to lord BraniaX how they arrived at such conclusions.

I'm yet to see Ohanaeze Ndiigbo or Any Igbo organization reach out to Igbide, to the Igbo, if you don't speak Igbo related dialects as first language, you are not Igbo, Igbide doesn't speak an Igboid dialect and if they didn't start writhing their history of migration from Igboland, no Igbo man would have suspected them of having Igbo roots.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ikechu1: 12:05am On Jul 13, 2016
fombadi:

Pathetic bunch of ppl who never have one voice among themselves but wanna have and run a country when they can even betray their mother and father or brother for just $3.

You claiming a people that doesn't want be associated with you in anyway. Respect yourselves.

Same way you guys are in Lagos claiming it's a no man's land it's same way ur in Asaba. Your cup will soon get to the brim,we are all praying you guys realize your Biafra asap so we can start deporting your asses to your Biafra cage.

Will you shut that your miserable fucking mouth and say WTF you know.

Nigga FIRST OF ALL, ASABA IS AN IGBO TOWN. I am from Asaba, my father, mother and entire bloodline from ASABA (excluding my grandmother) and we are IGBO.

Likewise ASASGBA of ASABA (which is our king incase your illiterate ass isn't aware of it) ALSO CLAIMS IGBO. Infact he is currently named the king of all king in Igboland and currently the leader of fighting for Igbo unity.

Nneka (the musician)...FROM ASABA and Igbo (her own words)

Tinie Tempah...From ASABA and Igbo (his own words)

Zain Ajiofor...From ASABA and Igbo (her own words)

LYNXX..from ASABA and Igbo (his own words)

and many more.

We aren't even the only one
You have Pat utomi...from Ibusa..proud Igbo
NOI...from Ogwashi Uku..proud Igbo
Her father, the king of Ogwashi uku, was past ohaneze leader.
Jay Jay Okocha...From Ogwashi Uku..proud Igbo
Buchi Emencheta..from Ibusa..proud Igbo
Stephen Keshi..from Ibusa..proud Igbo

And many more

Wven within the Ika community, you mofos always quote. You have few community in their land that aren't denier.
The people of Owa are till this very day proud Igbo. Their king, Efeizomor II, is currently working alongside Asagba for Igbo unity. Then you have the Igbodo community whom are also proud Igbo. The president of Council of Igbo states in America (CISA), Oliver Anam, is from there.

Who the fck are you to come here and be the voice of people who didn't ask you to be one? The bitch pretending to be from asaba on this page is the OP himself...and may thunder fire that his monkey ass.

Igboid. I apologize for not coming on this thread. My id was serving a ban so I didn't see it. Secondly the dumbo claiming Umueze is the OP himself and you can tell my him using both ids to copy his BS post. My mother is from Umueze, you'll never EVER see an Igbo denier in that part. Don't let any illiterate on NL tell you otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chukzyblingz(m): 2:52am On Jul 13, 2016
ikechu1:

Will you shut that your miserable fucking mouth and say WTF you know.

Nigga FIRST OF ALL, ASABA IS AN IGBO TOWN. I am from Asaba, my father, mother and entire bloodline from ASABA (excluding my grandmother) and we are IGBO.

Likewise ASASGBA of ASABA (which is our king incase your illiterate ass isn't aware of it) ALSO CLAIMS IGBO. Infact he is currently named the king of all king in Igboland and currently the leader of fighting for Igbo unity.

Nneka (the musician)...FROM ASABA and Igbo (her own words)

Tinie Tempah...From ASABA and Igbo (his own words)

Zain Ajiofor...From ASABA and Igbo (her own words)

LYNXX..from ASABA and Igbo (his own words)

and many more.

We aren't even the only one
You have Pat utomi...from Ibusa..proud Igbo
NOI...from Ogwashi Uku..proud Igbo
Her father, the king of Ogwashi uku, was past ohaneze leader.
Jay Jay Okocha...From Ogwashi Uku..proud Igbo
Buchi Emencheta..from Ibusa..proud Igbo
Stephen Keshi..from Ibusa..proud Igbo

And many more

Wven within the Ika community, you mofos always quote. You have few community in their land that aren't denier.
The people of Owa are till this very day proud Igbo. Their king, Efeizomor II, is currently working alongside Asagba for Igbo unity. Then you have the Igbodo community whom are also proud Igbo. The president of Council of Igbo states in America (CISA), Oliver Anam, is from there.

Who the fck are you to come here and be the voice of people who didn't ask you to be one? The bitch pretending to be from asaba on this page is the OP himself...and may thunder fire that his monkey ass.

Igboid. I apologize for not coming on this thread. My id was serving a ban so I didn't see it. Secondly the dumbo claiming Umueze is the OP himself and you can tell my him using both ids to copy his BS post. My mother is from Umueze, you'll never EVER see an Igbo denier in that part. Don't let any illiterate on NL tell you otherwise.

Definitely you're not from Asaba. Any Asaba man knows where most of those people you called are from. any Asaba man knows the difference between one Aniocha Oshimili village from Another
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ikechu1: 3:45am On Jul 13, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Definitely you're not from Asaba. Any Asaba man knows where most of those people you called are from. any Asaba man knows the difference between one Aniocha Oshimili village from Another

Oh so you now know more about the people I mentioned than the people in question.
Oya Mr. ASABA detector

Oya tell me where Nneka from and why she claim her father is from Asaba. Likewise, tinie tempeh, Lynx, etc.

In addition tell me who Asagba rules since you now made your inconsequential self the voice of Asaba. Also where is Asagba from? I'm listening mr. Asaba detector.

Oh btw: do you need me to give you direct quote from Asagba voice on Igbo? I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to do so and you, the self proclaimed Asaba detector and also tell us he's not from Asaba.

While am at it, Likewise tell me where pat utomi is from and why he claim Ibusa. Likewise where NOI, Keshi etc is from.

Also do you equally need a direct quote from NOI'S father being the leader of ohaneze. Maybe you can go and tell him he's not from Ogwashi-Uku since you now detector of telling ppl where they are from

Finally, since you are the Almighty seeing and the self detector of Asaba person...oya, tell me where I am from? Illiterate.

Finally, the first time I was directed to your BS..I ignored it cause I have no time talking to an ika monkey but NEVER EVER in your miserable life equate us as being as the inferiority complex idiots as you ikas. NEVER EVER EVER drag us to una level ever again. You are not remotely in our level...don't ever equate us in the same category as you things

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chukzyblingz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2016
ikechu1:

Oh so you now know more about the people I mentioned than the people in question.
Oya Mr. ASABA detector

Oya tell me where Nneka from and why she claim her father is from Asaba. Likewise, tinie tempeh, Lynx, etc.

In addition tell me who Asagba rules since you now made your inconsequential self the voice of Asaba. Also where is Asagba from? I'm listening mr. Asaba detector.

Oh btw: do you need me to give you direct quote from Asagba voice on Igbo? I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to do so and you, the self proclaimed Asaba detector and also tell us he's not from Asaba.

While am at it, Likewise tell me where pat utomi is from and why he claim Ibusa. Likewise where NOI, Keshi etc is from.

Also do you equally need a direct quote from NOI'S father being the leader of ohaneze. Maybe you can go and tell him he's not from Ogwashi-Uku since you now detector of telling ppl where they are from

Finally, since you are the Almighty seeing and the self detector of Asaba person...oya, tell me where I am from? Illiterate.

Finally, the first time I was directed to your BS..I ignored it cause I have no time talking to an ika monkey but NEVER EVER in your miserable life equate us as being as the inferiority complex idiots as you ikas. NEVER EVER EVER drag us to una level ever again. You are not remotely in our level...don't ever equate us in the same category as you things
Incoherent!!!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by omoluka: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
waxxydude:
I stayed in delta for quite sometime, though i didn't visit every hook and cranny, but, i must say your article is so aptly written and portrays theDeltans.

They are so funny ,so damn friendly and warm, i've never seen such kind of people in my movement around Nigeria.

Their folks and drinks are like 5&6, turn-up/grooving for them is just nothing.

And 70% of their women tend to have heavy yansh or huge brezz (so thick), they so welcoming but they drink alot, giving em protruding tummies - like 40%. Some of em have this mean INoWonVex face with feist beauty (kinda stuff i like).

I really enjoyed my stay there especially with their thick women (can't forget rukky and temisa cheesy) and their brain busting food, but, their govt no won make the place improve atal (such nice people cursed with bad leaders) pathetic.

Too all the peace-loving deltans in the house mehn, so much love from me.
Nice one! I did my youth service there in 2013/2014 Afo ugbodigbo.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
omoluka:

Nice one! I did my youth service there in 2013/2014 Afo ugbodigbo.
Good one!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by phykiesexy: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Noneroone:
you are busy protecting your urhobo ethnic group and at the same time telling those who care to listen that many delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos. Even a foreigner would notice the ethnic sentiment which you couldnt hide.

Igbophobia will kill you guys

It is not igbophobia. Ask any Delta igbo if dey re ibo dey would say No wid all deir strength. I noticed it time and time again in my stay in Asaba. Dey never agree to it. Yet dey have d same way of life. Just like d Ikwerre's in Rivers State dey never agree that they are ibo. Yet dey be have like dem. I found out that too as a corper when I served their.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
phykiesexy:

It is not igbophobia. Ask any Delta igbo if dey re ibo dey would say No wid all deir strength. I noticed it time and time again in my stay in Asaba. Dey never agree to it. Yet dey have d same way of life. Just like d Ikwerre's in Rivers State dey never agree that they are ibo. Yet dey be have like dem. I found out that too as a corper when I served their.
so u spent ur service year asking pple their ethnic group?
Anyway its part of the Igbophobia i am talking abt. Pls dont quote me further.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by phykiesexy: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Noneroone:
so u spent ur service year asking pple their ethnic group?
Anyway its part of the Igbophobia i am talking abt. Pls dont quote me further.

Dont talk to me like that abeg. I am somebody's wife and mother. Not because it's Nairaland u wld be rude. I wasn't rude to u so I expect d same from u. Even if u want to state ur points u don't have to be rude.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chukzyblingz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
phykiesexy:

What do you mean by behaving like them? if you had said they speak the same language that would make a little sense but in terms of behavior and World view, no part of SS behave like the South East Igbos.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by oboy3(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:
What do you mean by behaving like them? if you had said they speak the same language that would make a little sense but in terms of behavior and World view, no part of SS behave like the South East Igbos.
pls,how does a south southerners behave and how does a south easterners behave?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by OVB123: 5:35am On Oct 24, 2020
fratermathy:

I am not happy about it bro. It gives me reason to worry because I have good Igbo friends. Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria and God forbids that a war ensues, the massacre would be too much because virtually everyone in Nigeria hates and distrusts Igbos.

I feel Ohaneze Ndigbo should give a clarion call on this and discuss the future of Igbo people in this country. I, for one, support Biafra! Let them have it and be at rest there. Nigeria is not hospitable to Igbos due to something I just cant wrap my head around. When I see people like Igboid online talking the way he does, I just shake my head. I am tempted to generalise this as the cause of the problem.
Infact you have spoken my mind. I seem not to know why they are hated in Nigeria. It may be the wrong doing of their forefathers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) / Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / See How "Stan" The Robot Is Parking Cars At France’s Lyon Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.