Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55042 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by klassic(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Proudly Ijaw . Izon otu ado!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Alegirl: 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Area....Bold people
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Hugo7(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
Proudly oshimili north,Akwukwu-igbo....#delta

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by oweniwe(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
greatness22:

I remember my days at Ekpan Secondary School, Ekpan. We have so many beautiful school abeg. From Hessey college, Urohobo college, Classical, Delta career, Don-donmigo, Seat of wisdom, Army day. e.t.c grin

Proudly Delta Careers ...!!..

I sat for JAMB at Dom Domingos.... Never seen any School with more classroom blocks in Delta state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by copiescopy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Op you forgot to mention one of the fondest place in delta state ..ABBI. A small town where you get the best kind of weed in the whole of naija ..ask any one who knows what i'm talking about right from agbor to the ijaw creek....guy forget just draw only one drag of ABBI weed you go know say Kwale igbo make sense die !!!!

I represent ABBI town any time any day ..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by karleone(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
chimah3:
11. They shoot almost all nollywood movies there! lipsrsealed

Their [Nollywood actors/actresses] lodge is at Zenite Hotel by SPC College, Asaba

Lovely state, I must tell.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by itzMizELo(f): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

And you are............ EDO is the only recognized entity/kingdom in the whole of Niger Delta every state in niger delta has at least 2 to 3 ediod groups i.e the itshekiris isoko igbanke and co... abeg no come here come dey talk rubbish..... who is ur king or oba if u even av one..... And FYI the title OBA is indigenous to the great BENIN EMPIRE which annexed lagos as a war camp hence there is an Oba in lag too.......

not all parts of isoko is of edo extraction..
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Macelliot(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
chimah3:
11. They shoot almost all nollywood movies there! lipsrsealed
Yeah! Asaba and Enugu leads.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Areaboyfriend(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
Op you forgot something. Abraka town enjoy the least dividend of democracy. Apart from Delsu, there's barely no infrastructural development because they are opposition to the ruling party.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jesussaves22: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Warri/ effurun would have been a better town if not that crime runs in their blood and crime was legal in this towns. Kidnapping is a legal business here. Arm rubbery is a nice business. Prostitution receives mothers blessing and evil is a norm. Chai warri/effurun city with an approve crime
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
The refinery should be resuscitated, likewise all our ports. There's another port in Aladja, Udu LGA, formerly used by the steel company DSC; which is also nothing to write about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by jesussaves22: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
jesussaves22:
Warri/ effurun would have been a better town if not that crime runs in their blood and crime was legal in this towns. Kidnapping is a legal business here. Arm rubbery is a nice business. Prostitution receives mothers blessing and evil is a norm. Chai warri/effurun city with an approve crime
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by princeedrine(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
You have done well. You have open my eyes to things I don't know before now kudoooooooos

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Delta has had the worst set of Governors in this country. Nothing to show for the oil money in the entire state.
Brother the people sef just tire, no world-class roads, no world-class infrastructure to put it among class of oil cities.

If delta had had any good leader, even just ONE, they'd probably have being the best group of people in Nigeria. They're just phenomenal perhaps these militant groups wouldn't spring up.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
gevans:

gbosa for u, proudly Wafarrian
Migwo! nothing do you. grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
theEYe21:
You are 99% correct grin
But mehn delta babes na die o, big yansh and big brezz EVERYWHERE, omo me no care whether no light or good road, i just dey chop kpomo anyhow grin cheesy.

I really like their women so much but their drinking habit next non.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Jamean(f): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
greatness22:
Oya gbe digwe grin
boma do! cheesy tongue
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by experimentist: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
I stayed in delta for quite sometime, though i didn't visit every hook and cranny, but, i must say your article is so aptly written and portrays theDeltans.

They are so funny ,so damn friendly and warm, i've never seen such kind of people in my movement around Nigeria.

Their folks and drinks are like 5&6, turn-up/grooving for them is just nothing.

And 70% of their women tend to have heavy yansh or huge brezz (so thick), they so welcoming but they drink alot, giving em protruding tummies - like 40%. Some of em have this mean INoWonVex face with feist beauty (kinda stuff i like).

I really enjoyed my stay there especially with their thick women (can't forget rukky and temisa cheesy) and their brain busting food, but, their govt no won make the place improve atal (such nice people cursed with bad leaders) pathetic.

Too all the peace-loving deltans in the house mehn, so much love from me.
No be lie you talk bros.. E be like say their girls dey compete with their men for shayo (drink) level.. Almost all the babes get pot-belly. I stayed at one hotel around Jakpa Junction.. Ogboloposo street. I rock one joint called Dallas near DSC roundabout. I also went Sapele, there's one certain beach-like river where I was taken to flex. I swim sotey water begin dey comot from my ears. I was also at Agbor where I ate one certain soup called Ujuju soup, nice soup with big meats. Effurun road na my daily routine. I enjoyed my stay at Warri no be small. If I get the opportunity again I enter the place. Very nice.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mendelssohn:
OP..... You forgot to say...

11. Delta state is the headquarters of Highway robbers, bank robbers, kidnappers, militants, drug traffickers, pipeline vandals, oil thieves and all manners of deadly endeavours. You can barely travel to that state or even pass by without being robbed. Many of the indigenes are criminal minded and can do anything to be rich. Many of the people I know, who have gone there recently, either never came back alive or came same way they left and most armed robbers caught here in ondo state are always from delta state.

gerrarrahia
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
OP you too much. Na so e be o. One Love from PTI junction and DSC round about.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by godswilld10(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
#####Proudly Itsekiri ####
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by itzMizELo(f): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mendelssohn:
OP..... You forgot to say...

11. Delta state is the headquarters of Highway robbers, bank robbers, kidnappers, militants, drug traffickers, pipeline vandals, oil thieves and all manners of deadly endeavours. You can barely travel to that state or even pass by without being robbed. Many of the indigenes are criminal minded and can do anything to be rich. Many of the people I know, who have gone there recently, either never came back alive or came same way they left and most armed robbers caught here in ondo state are always from delta state.

really?
sorry to burst ur bubble bt even if deltans r involved in dese vices, it doesnt mean delta z d headquarters. there r places worse than Delta state... n pls next tym dnt use what u v heard bout Warri to classify d whole of Delta

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jamean:

boma do! cheesy tongue
this is uvwie lady
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by agrovick(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Unfortunately! I did little touring in the 1 year I spent there but one thing I can't deny is the endowment of the Ijaw ladies. Big yanshes everywhere u go
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Jamean(f): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
gevans:

this is uvwie lady
Omorokhua!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by teebee22(f): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
PROUDLY DELTAN

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Onegai(f): 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
AREA!!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Trini45: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
copiescopy:
Op you forgot to mention one of the fondest place in delta state ..ABBI. A small town where you get the best kind of weed in the whole of naija ..ask any one who knows what i'm talking about right from agbor to the ijaw creek....guy forget just draw only one drag of ABBI weed you go know say Kwale igbo make sense die !!!!

I represent ABBI town any time any day ..
oboy!!! As i see your post ehn!! Body just dey sweet me once! I am from ABBI too brother!!! Umuezuku street! Ogbuefi stephen onyia's house!....their weed na gbosa oooo! 1 jumbo of ABBI weed can end your life instantly...

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
experimentist:
No be lie you talk bros.. E be like say their girls dey compete with their men for shayo (drink) level.. Almost all the babes get pot-belly. I stayed at one hotel around Jakpa Junction.. Ogboloposo street. I rock one joint called Dallas near DSC roundabout. I also went Sapele. I swim sotey I ate one certain soup called Ujuju soup, nice soup with big meats. Effurun road na my daily routine. I enjoyed my stay at Warri no be small. If I get the opportunity again I enter the place. Very nice.
My guy nothing do you. Their food and women na the best no time just grooving, na that banga soup and one other soup like that naim give me inspiration pass. grin

One hotel like that for asaba naim i frequent pass, big brezz and heavy yansh all i saw, i chop kpomo sotey preek nor fit raise head again.

I also frequent their city mall, golden tulip hotel and inside uvwie, i no too reach that agbor side, Delta girl sweet abeg. cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Elumelu: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
People fail to acknowledge one fact about James Onanefe Ibori. During his time as governor, he is the most efficient and detribalised governor. He is the one gov. that has developed his state equally. What he did in asaba he was doing in warri, agbor, ughelli, sapele, obiaroko and his genius to link all communities and villages to the major towns. His developmental stride ranges from road to electricity, good pipe borne water, health, schools, busary and scholarship for students at all level, to mention but a few.
James Onanefe Ibori has remained one good thing that has happened to Delta state since it's inception and I will challenge anyone to compare the transformation he did in all the cities, towns and villages in delta to any of his contemporaries who just concentrate on their capital.
Can say much cos my eyes are heavy for a true leader whom the hands of the West in collabo with some unseen hands have forced my leader to flee a state he built single handed. Long live Delta State! Long live Ibori.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by waxxydude: 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
agrovick:
Unfortunately! I did little touring in the 1 year I spent there but one thing I can't deny is the endowment of the Ijaw ladies. Big yanshes everywhere u go
Nigga you must be a G.O (GeneralOverseer) their girls ehn! whether ijaw or itshekiri or ika (me nor dey even ask) tend to have that thick hips, huge arses mehn, i really enjoyed there.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
It's in their nature grin you have to accept their flaws smiley
waxxydude:
But mehn delta babes na die o, big yansh and big brezz EVERYWHERE, omo me no care whether no light or good road, i just dey chop kpomo anyhow grin cheesy.

I really like their women so much but their drinking habit next non.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.