Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (55048 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

I hold forth the truth that it is self evident to all who wish to see that Delta is great even in diversity and our greatness cannot be questioned by anyone who seeks to sow the seed of discord and anomie. We have set forth at dawn; we have seen the worst of days, we have seen the best of days... No one can hold us back. No one can tell us how to live our lives. We are who we are and we are proud Deltans! One day our voices shall overlap until they become one strong echo of common consciousness that will guide us in our path. We are one strong union for better and for worse. We are proud and we are Deltans!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol
guy you just killed yourself
Igboid i warned you he is same person
just look at the posts above thats how far those people can hate on Igbo
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:
LISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state which identifies itself as Igbos. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika, Ukuani etc people, they are not Igbos, and not designated under any law as Igbo, neither do they see themselves as Igbos.

You guys come on nl just to claim the identify of others to yourselves ,what's wrong with you guys?. It's like Yorubas claiming Otsekiri, Urhobos and Edo claiming Urhobo etc etc... Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?.

Only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is that they share a border with Onitsha whixht is an Igbo state.

I pray God give you guys Biafra, but it will be a very bad market for any other unlucky minority tribe that may be part of your Biafra,the tribe will suffer and forcefully extinct.

Mr. man don't allow your blind hatred for the Igbos make you deny the fact that there are Igbos indigenous to Delta State. In Delta State official gazette, Delta North is inscribed as Delta Igbos (Anioma).... You can attack Igboid personally, but don't perpetrate lies on the guise of emotional outburst.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ritababe(f): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Donariok:

Delta, bayelsa and rivers Er the only recognized states that made up Niger delta.... We have given Edo to their Yoruba brothers.. akwa ibom na biafra state..

I pity your way of thinking.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chimichael05: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2016
fratermathy:

Firstly, I am not an aspiring writer (whatever you mean by that).

Secondly, I don't give a rat's ass about Igbos or what any group calls themselves. I only stated my facts from my own point of view. I am not trying to appeal to anyone or any group. If anybody doesn't like it, they can gerrout for all I care.! As far as I am concerned, I stated reality and if you are in doubts, reread that segment of my post again.

Truth, whether you like it or not, cannot long be hidden and the truth here is simple: Delta "Igbos" don't like being called Igbos! This statement has not made any stance or cast any aspersions.

Finally, if you have nothing better to say than to sow ethnic discord, please visit the politics sections and troll on... Sir undecided!
have gone through your write up and i must like it especially the way u talked about the tribes and attributes in delta state but i don't your type of people, one thing i tell any anioma person or any delta ibo person that doesn't think is don't any strangers to write your history.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ritababe(f): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2016
mekuzi09:

Mr. man don't allow your blind hatred for the Igbos make you deny the fact that there are Igbos indigenous to Delta State. In Delta State official gazette, Delta North is inscribed as Delta Igbos (Anioma).... You can attack Igboid personally, but don't perpetrate lies on the guise of emotional outburst.

yeah there are many igbos in delta but that does not make delta and Igbo state
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by titane: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2016
of Delta, akwa ibom, cross river and bayelsa; which is the coolest to serve as per nysc?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by agrovick(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2016
waxxydude:
Nigga you must be a G.O (GeneralOverseer) their girls ehn! whether ijaw or itshekiri or ika (me nor dey even ask) tend to have that thick hips, huge arses mehn, i really enjoyed there.
You na president for intertribal girls matter, the only turn off is the big belly common to a sizable number of the female folk
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2016
ritababe:

yeah there are many igbos in delta but that does not make delta and Igbo state

Who is claiming that Delta is an Igbo State? Go through the post I quoted again, you'll understand my stand. We know that Igbophobia is on the increase, this days, because of some factors I may not bother to detail here.
Delta is a state that comprises different ethnic group, Igbos inclusive. wink
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2016
mekuzi09:

I straff Igbo girls all the time how can I hate Igbos. Between Igbos already have enough self hate among themselves.
And of course there are indigenous Igbos all over naija and other tribes reciprocates it in the Eastern part i mean Biafra.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Emeka71(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2016
I am from Idumuje-unor.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2016
ritababe:

I pity your way of thinking.
madam. Oya tell us the Niger delta states.. And the process u used in categorizing them. If you can't, Pls keep quiet n don't quote me
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Okijajuju1(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Oildichotomy:
I never intend typing "sef". Se" it is

If you say so Bro..

grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2016
The point is:
Anioma = Delta Igbos. Same way Akatas are called African Americans.
But y'all attempting to claim a people that now have a different identity.
Human migration started in Africa. Hence, we all know Africa is the mother of all nation. But nations that sprang out of Africa now have their own identity.

Same way Akata are now African Americans
Anioma ppl are Delta Igbos
They are not Igbos , they have similar but different dialects from Igbos.

In a nutshell Asaba is an habitation of Deltan Igbos and other Deltans plus other Nigerians , Asaba isn't an Igbo land or city.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by copiescopy(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Yea ABBI for life . I rep Uduogbe uku Street ... Keep the flag Flying bro !!!

Trini45:
oboy!!! As i see your post ehn!! Body just dey sweet me once! I am from ABBI too brother!!! Umuezuku street! Ogbuefi stephen onyia's house!....their weed na gbosa oooo! 1 jumbo of ABBI weed can end your life instantly...
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chimichael05: 10:50am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:
LISTEN WELL: Asaba is a city in Delta state, and the indigenous of Asaba are deltans. Delta state has nothing to do with Igbos and there's no tribe in delta state which identifies itself as Igbos. All Igbos in delta state are immigrants who moved to the state same way they moved to Lagos state , Kaduna etc. This is the fact.

Igbos stop fooling yourselves claiming Ika, Ukuani etc people, they are not Igbos, and not designated under any law as Igbo, neither do they see themselves as Igbos.

You guys come on nl just to claim the identify of others to yourselves ,what's wrong with you guys?. It's like Yorubas claiming Otsekiri, Urhobos and Edo claiming Urhobo etc etc... Stop this public foolishness. Why must you guys drag other tribes to make you feel worthy?.

Only thing Delta state has in common with Igbo is that they share a border with Onitsha whixht is an Igbo state.

I pray God give you guys Biafra, but it will be a very bad market for any other unlucky minority tribe that may be part of your Biafra,the tribe will suffer and forcefully extinct.
u are the biggest and the brightest fool have ever come across. If the igbos in delta says they are not igbos. Who cares, u motherfucker sinking idiot now listen in my next world i will come back to this world as proud igbo boy and nothing u will do about it. Ur father die of envy and ur mother still in coma becos of envying a successful igbo woman from the east, ur sister have no option to marry from the east cus she think if i can't beat them let me join them and u soon u will become useless for envying igbo boys.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fombadi: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2016
chimichael05:
u are the biggest and the brightest fool have ever come across. If the igbos in delta says they are not igbos. Who cares, u motherfucker sinking idiot now listen in my next world i will come back to this world as proud igbo boy and nothing u will do about it. Ur father die of envy and ur mother still in coma becos of envying a successful igbo woman from the east, ur sister have no option to marry from the east cus she think if i can't beat them let me join them and u soon u will become useless for envying igbo boys.

I UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS

The point is:
Human migration started in Africa. Hence, we all know Africa is the mother of all nation. But nations that sprang out of Africa now have their own identity.

In a nutshell Asaba is an habitation of Deltan Igbos and other Deltans plus other Nigerians , Asaba isn't an Igbo land or city.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chimichael05: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2016
fombadi:

I UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS

The point is:

Tell that to the birds, told u i don't give a shit weather they claim igbo or not, but i always tell them and i wouldn't stop telling them don't allow strangers to write your history.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2016
titane:
of Delta, akwa ibom, cross river and bayelsa; which is the coolest to serve as per nysc?

In my opinion, Akwa-Ibom is cool!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Kirigidi(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2016
Mendelssohn:
OP..... You forgot to say...

11. Delta state is the headquarters of Highway robbers, bank robbers, kidnappers, militants, drug traffickers, pipeline vandals, oil thieves and all manners of deadly endeavours. You can barely travel to that state or even pass by without being robbed. Many of the indigenes are criminal minded and can do anything to be rich. Many of the people I know, who have gone there recently, either never came back alive or came same way they left and most armed robbers caught here in ondo state are always from delta state.
Ur hatred for Deltans wil not help u, guy! Repent nd show us som lov. Just an advice, nigga!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by chukzyblingz(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Igbos never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2016
Noneroone:
you are busy protecting your urhobo ethnic group and at the same time telling those who care to listen that many delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos. Even a foreigner would notice the ethnic sentiment which you couldnt hide.

Igbophobia will kill you guys

not necessary

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Noneroone(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
gevans:

not necessary
and who the hell are you?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ritababe(f): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donariok:
madam. Oya tell us the Niger delta states.. And the process u used in categorizing them. If you can't, Pls keep quiet n don't quote me

you are contesting for Mr Nairaland and see how u spewing trash, failure roaming already.
#peace
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Toniaamaka(f): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
jasysandra:

See am! Calling the crew of bigots. Lol.

Instead of you to face front, swerve and leave us to fight our battles, you de here de form protector. Who know you for Igbo land?? Are you important?

Atleast my family has roots in Asaba and when I speak, I speak on solid ground. Don't come here and start fighting a battle for man who doesn't like you.

Meanwhile na ur mama be Akunakuna! You imp! Ekwensu of Eastern heartland. Attachee-in-Chief to the South South Region.
You really have the time to reply him.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
ritababe:

you are contesting for Mr Nairaland and see how u spewing trash, failure roaming already.
#peace
You couldn't answer the question you practically tried to argue on. Btw. Mr Nairaland contest isn't a do or die affair. Everyone has their own way of viewing things. Picking an offence from a mere argument you started is baseless. You vote for whom ever you want to
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by ritababe(f): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
Donariok:
You couldn't answer the question you practically tried to argue on. Btw. Mr Nairaland contest isn't a do or die affair. Everyone has their own way of viewing things. Picking an offence from a mere argument you started is baseless. You vote for whom ever you want to

I don't argue on something that will involve insult.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
ritababe:

I don't argue on something that will involve insult.
its OK
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Noneroone:
you are busy protecting your urhobo ethnic group and at the same time telling those who care to listen that many delta Igbos dont see themselves as Igbos. Even a foreigner would notice the ethnic sentiment which you couldnt hide.

Igbophobia will kill you guys

not necessary bro
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Noneroone:
and who the hell are you?
gerrarrahia

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.