Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Website Connection Time Out Problem. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Connection Time Out Problem. (4030 Views)

Which network Internet connection do you use and recommend to people / What You Can Do With Your Internet Connection / Send Bulk sms Without Internet Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Connection Time Out Problem. by tope24(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good afternoon,

Website GURUs in the house kindly assist with this issue. A family member paid someone to design a website. The website can be accessed here in Nigeria but it gives error connection time out in the US where my said family member is located. I want to find out what the could have happened as the owner of the site could not access it in the US. This is beginning to cause raucous between myself and my family member been that i introduced the website developer to him.

kindly help on possible solutions to this issue.

Thanks.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by PulseWeb: 12:21am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmmm..... There are two possible reason that can cause this:

1) May be the webhosting has blocked his IP address. Tell him to send you his IP address by clicking on https://www.whatismyip.com/ then forward the IP address to ur webhost to whitelist his IP

2) the domain and hosting has not fully propagated. To check if it has fully propagated, go to https://www.whatsmydns.net/

6 Likes

Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by ladyF(f): 6:54am On Jul 05, 2016
This one pass me o. Let me wait for the pros in the house.

[size=13pt]Fynestboi[/size] might know the answer to this maybe... cry
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Scholes00: 6:55am On Jul 05, 2016
Even nairaland itself is having Website connection timeout and error 404 problems that hasn't yet been fixed. sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Toniwirelex: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:
This one pass me o. Let me wait for the pros in the house.

[size=13pt]Fynestboi[/size] might know the answer to this maybe... cry
must you?

2 Likes

Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by obaival(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Abt to go n buy personal netwrk max,.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Endougs(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Scholes00:
Even nairaland itself is having Website connection timeout and error 404 problems that hasn't yet been fixed. sad

That's true

4 Likes

Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2016
No idea lipsrsealed maybe the next person has something to say....
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by kelvyn7: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2016
MAYBE YOUR DOMAIN HAS NOT BEEN PROPAGATED BY YOUR HOST (THAT TAKES ABOUT 72HRS FROM THE TIME OF OPENING)

OR

YOU HAVE NOT VERIFIED YOUR DOMAIN. LOGIN INTO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED TO REGISTER THE DOMAIN TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY MESSAGE ASKING YOU TO VERIFY DOMAIN.

LOGIN TO YOUR CLIENT AREA ON THE HOST WEBSITE TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY NOTIFICATIONS.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by gistmeloveblog: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2016
sad sad sad
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by kingvectorv(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2016
Whayasay
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by loadedvibes: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2016
I feel like the only reason this topic hit FP is because nairaland is having almost same issues and they are at a lost how to fix it. Lol..

I would say this hope nairaland is no longer running on a shared web host because it will bad and detriment but not suprising..

Nairand should be on a dedicated VPS machine to accommodate the traffic it is receiving and yet to receive.

2 Likes

Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by FrankLampard: 7:04am On Jul 05, 2016
This kind of problem is mainly associated with Nigerian web host. Tell the Web Developer to contact the Web Host ASAP. Or switch to a better foreign host like namecheap or bluehost.

Nigeria Web hosts are usually more expensive and unreliable, while their foreign counterpart are cheap, reliable and fast.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by not4sure(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2016
PulseWeb:
Hmmmm..... There are two possible reason that can cause this:

1) May be the webhosting has blocked his IP address. Tell him to send you his IP address by clicking on https://www.whatismyip.com/ then forward the IP address to ur webhost to whitelist his IP

2) the domain and hosting has not fully propagated. To check if it has fully propagated, go to https://www.whatsmydns.net/
. Before going on doing these fantastic steps
1. Let him check the website on different network.
2. He should also check the website on different browser. He may also need to clear cache of the browser
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by ugosonics: 7:06am On Jul 05, 2016
I will advice most webmasters here to try site ground Click Here to register. They are simply the best

Click the link for a discount
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by yahyamay(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by VocalWalls: 7:07am On Jul 05, 2016
The IP has been blocked.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by loadedvibes: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Most likely it is a server problem . Change servers. The server he is using might have ip banned in the US . Or You can tell the webhost to change the servers they are hosting the website on to new one with different ip address.
tope24:
Good afternoon,

Website GURUs in the house kindly assist with this issue. A family member paid someone to design a website. The website can be accessed here in Nigeria but it gives error connection time out in the US where my said family member is located. I want to find out what the could have happened as the owner of the site could not access it in the US. This is beginning to cause raucous between myself and my family member been that i introduced the website developer to him.

Thanks.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Agriman(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2016
simply tell the person to whitelist your IP address.... shikena
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by felifeli: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2016
tope24:
Good afternoon,

Thanks.

1. Server problem
2. Modem speed
3. Website design problem , with slow loading pages (could appear independently or could also relate to 1 and 2)

Post the URL here and we may be able to advise better or send to mail[at]xceedia.co.uk
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by GoodMuyis(m): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2016
FrankLampard:
This kind of problem is mainly associated with Nigerian web host. Tell the Web Developer to contact the Web Host ASAP. Or switch to a better foreign host like namecheap or bluehost.

Nigeria Web hosts are usually more expensive and unreliable, while their foreign counterpart are cheap, reliable and fast.

Base on our currency level Foreign Hosting s not cheap. In Nigeria you can get as low as 3k for basic hosting for 1st year, with limited features. Although being expensive, foreign hosting has a lot and higher features
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Emeka71(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Even this forum is having issues with being offline sometimes.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by BL3zzY(f): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2016
na so nairaland dey do me now...sometimes it will load sometimes it will show error.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by dwebwalker(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2016
I have been in the web hosting business for years now and had this issues on blue host life time hosting package and working with www.eclubhost.com I will tell you it is definitely an IP issue, Contact your hosting company as only them can fix this for you or threaten to leave them if issue not fixed..
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2016
The server is feeling buhuri regime
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2016
it's not the developer faults.... it's differently from your host...... switch host.... problem solve... try godaddy.com or hostgator.com
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by Realdeals(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2016
It's IP related issues, the host server IP address might have been blocked in the USA or your host has blocked the IP.
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by virus05(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2016
if na naija host u use you are oyo o. u would have used godaddy or namecheap. cheap and reliable hosting. if u wanna transfer i can help you out. for free
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by PulseWeb: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
thats not true... there are naija hosting which are far better than others

virus05:
if na naija host u use you are oyo o. u would have used godaddy or namecheap. cheap and reliable hosting. if u wanna transfer i can help you out. for free
Re: Website Connection Time Out Problem. by bizgenius1: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2016
PulseWeb:
thats not true... there are naija hosting which are far better than others

Really? gimme examples..

(1) (Reply)

Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic. / Did You Make Nairaland Frontpage In 2012? / [ Http://tools4u.pw/ ] Selling Scampage, Cpanel, Shell C99, Email Pass, Rdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.