Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger (55293 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / How To Identify An Original Power Bank / Is This An Original Charger? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by middlebelter(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Benart:

That charger na fire very fast that's why I decide to share it on nairaland for those who have charger problems

Can you give us an idea of the market price and where one can go to buy it in Lagos?
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by stevedeey(m): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2016
Wonderfully fast

2 Likes

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Xano:

Interesting
As regards you comment on the guy's Lenovo A5000, that charger came with the phone. The manufacturer knows the battery can handle the charger's capacity. When plugged and its charging, the screen touch is as good as when unplugged.

I didn't say the charger is not suitable for the phone. Manufacturers tend to include the specified charger for phoned. My point was that using a charger with 5.2 or 5.3v on some phones tend to affect the touchscreen while charging. This is very evident with htc phones.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Priceless200(f): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2016
cool
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Priceless200(f): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Abeg how do I identify original USB cord? For me, the headache is more on USB than charger itself, and I can't use one without USB cord.

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by adusco(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually in these days 1.5A charger is not even fast enough for the phones that are being released. I remember my LG G3 from 2014 had 1.8A. These days 2.0A seems to be the standard for most phones. Like I said earlier, even if u use a 2.4A charger, ur phone will only draw the amount of current it need, so if ur phone requires 1.5A it will only draw 1.5A.

bro, how you dey?
You mention HTC mOne7; I use the same but it has been given me problem of recent, the ba3 doesn't last long, it gets hot easily even when not plugged, have disabled most of my apps but it doesn't help, still the same.
I don't know if you idea of what's happening to the phone or what else to do.
I will be expecting your swift response.
Thanks
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2016
middlebelter:

Can you give us an idea of the market price and where one can go to buy it in Lagos?

Alaba international x Computer village Ikeja New age have their own retail shops in this market and they sell at a cheaper rate just ask for New age office in any of this places
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Maderichbox(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Please which charger I can be use for my GIONEE M5? Most chargers I bought even in slot took btw 4-6hours to get it charged.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Johnbosco77(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Benart:
Nowadays many smartphone users suffer battery issues and slow charge issues due to bad charges you purchase or use on your device.

I have done a survey on one of the best chargers in the market and have understood their specs and charging speed and have compiled a comprehensive list of chargers.

√Non-Verified Fake Blackberry Charger
Specs: Input: AC 100 - 240v (50/60Hz)
Output: DC 5V (0.75A)
Speed: Slow.

√Non-VerifiedMost Fake Chargers with Light
Output: DC 5V (0.5A)
Speed: Extremely Slow.

√Verified New Age Energizer
Specs: Input: AC 100 - 240v (50/60Hz) 0.15A
Output: DC 5V (1A)
Speed: Very Fast.

√Verified Standard Gionee 1A Charger
Specs: Input: AC 90 - 300v (50/60Hz) 0.15A

√Verified UK Based Woo Charger
Specs: Input: AC 100 - 240v (50/60Hz) 0.2A
Output: DC 5V (1.5A)
Speed: Extremely Fast.

√Verified Original Blackberry Charger Without USB
Output: DC 5V (2.0A)
Speed: Excellently Fast.

So purchase only chargers with the verified specs every original charger has the specs written clearly on it then get an original USB cord, cause sometimes slow charge is caused by bad USB cords.

Brother abeg wat wud b d cause of my problem. my giinee m2 charger has stopped charging ma fone but charges other giinee fines. my will just be showing charging sign but even after 3 hrs e Neva add 1%. it d fault from d charging port??

aldo I manage one charger but it takes 2days to get ma fone barely charged.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by fitinwell: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Benart:
Nowadays many smartphone users suffer battery issues and slow charge issues due to bad charges you purchase or use on your device.

I have done a survey on one of the best chargers in the market and have understood their specs and charging speed and have compiled a comprehensive list of chargers.

√Non-Verified Fake Blackberry Charger
Output: DC 5V (0.75A)
Speed: Slow.

√Non-VerifiedMost Fake Chargers with Light
Output: DC 5V (0.5A)
Speed: Extremely Slow.

√Verified New Age Energizer
Specs: Input: AC 100 - 240v (50/60Hz) 0.15A

√Verified Standard Gionee 1A Charger
Specs: Input: AC 90 - 300v (50/60Hz) 0.15A

√Verified UK Based Woo Charger
Specs: Input: AC 100 - 240v (50/60Hz) 0.2A
Output: DC 5V (1.5A)
Speed: Extremely Fast.

√Verified Original Blackberry Charger Without USB
Output: DC 5V (2.0A)
Speed: Excellently Fast.

So purchase only chargers with the verified specs every original charger has the specs written clearly on it then get an original USB cord, cause sometimes slow charge is caused by bad USB cords.

[size=18pt]Op pls i just got dis charger for my tecno g9 tablet.. Check if its verified.. And want to know if i dis charger won't damage my tablet [/size]

Name of charger : Amazon
Output: DC 5.95V (2.5A)
Speed: Not bad..

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Maderichbox(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2016
0955eb027:
Got an Amazon charger for 1800 at the village. I must confess the charger can wake a dead battery.

Boss are u sure this can charge the phone with 2hours as it original/follow come one?
I have bought upto 6 different chargers from slot, and other authorized dealers. I bought; playbox, techno, infinix, Samsung and one big charger range from #1500 to 4000.

If u have tested it sir, just enlighten us. I would like to give it a trial.
thanks
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2016
joe4christ:
I've been searching for a fast charger for my Gionee M5 for ages now since my follow come charger got burnt by my generator. I since have tested different chargers, it only adds 1% every 7minutes. The battery capacity is 6020mah. The one I got which seemed a bit better still takes about 4-5hrs to fully get charged.
I don tire I swear.

If ur m5 has quick charge built into it, the get a quick charge 2.0 charger or Samsung adaptive fast charger that can raise the output to 9v and up to 1.8A. Ur phone should be able to charge in about 2 hours considering it has a 6,000mah battery but the two 3,000mah batteries charge simultaneously. If it doesn't have quick charge built into it then get any charger with at least 2A or above .

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by fitinwell: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk:

U can't even get original charger for 1k. The car charger I bought 3 yrs ago was going for 2,500 and it is still working. I had to buy it because I got tired of buying N500 car chargers that barely last 1 week. The last time I bought an original iPhone charger it was for 4k. Original Samsung fast charge charger is around 3k upwards. Even original cable alone is like 1k. I buy my anker cables for N1,400.

And i spent roughly #5k to get both charger and usb cords... And indeed its worth the money.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 05, 2016
fitinwell:

[size=18pt]Op pls i just got dis charger for my tecno g9 tablet.. Check if its verified.. And want to know if i dis charger won't damage my tablet [/size]

It should be fine for ur tablet.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2016
fitinwell:

And i spent roughly #5k to get both charger and usb cords... And indeed its worth the money.

Na so bro. Better thing na money kill am. The charger I currently use is aukey 4 port smart charger that can automatically determine the required ampere of ur device and each port can max out at 2.4A. I bought it for 6k.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by fitinwell: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2016
joe4christ:
I've been searching for a fast charger for my Gionee M5 for ages now since my follow come charger got burnt by my generator. I since have tested different chargers, it only adds 1% every 7minutes. The battery capacity is 6020mah. The one I got which seemed a bit better still takes about 4-5hrs to fully get charged.
I don tire I swear.

Bro.. Look out for my comments on dis thread.. And buy d charger i uploaded.. Under my moniker..
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2016
adusco:

bro, how you dey?
You mention HTC mOne7; I use the same but it has been given me problem of recent, the ba3 doesn't last long, it gets hot easily even when not plugged, have disabled most of my apps but it doesn't help, still the same.
I don't know if you idea of what's happening to the phone or what else to do.
I will be expecting your swift response.
Thanks

I no longer use the phone, my wife is the one using it. As per the battery, well I bought it since 2013 which is 3 yes now so I expect the battery to wear down. Right now it doesn't last much but it is still very usable, my wife is not a heavy user, just social network and candy crush.

As for ur phone getting hot, well it might be software related as mine doesn't get hot. yes it gets warm but that is expected since it is made if entirely aluminium What software are u running? I have a custom android lollipop on mine. Maybe u should do a factory reset or update ur phone.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by 0955eb027(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Maderichbox:

Boss are u sure this can charge the phone with 2hours as it original/follow come one?
I have bought upto 6 different chargers from slot, and other authorized dealers. I bought; playbox, techno, infinix, Samsung and one big charger range from #1500 to 4000.

If u have tested it sir, just enlighten us. I would like to give it a trial.
thanks
Mine is a 3000mah battery, and it gives me a 100% in less than 2hrs, from zero. Dont know abt the Gionee, but its gonna give you a run for ur money. Aint gonna lie to u bro, dnt av any rson to. But u knw hw dis tin works, u gats get d original o, cos d fake will leave u doubting.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Adeyemi0(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2016
Goldenheart:
Tnx, I Also Learnt Hw To Recognize Original Usb Cable Here! grin
Please how?
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by 0955eb027(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2016
joe4christ:

I heard it's currently the fastest. I'm still in doubt, I've searched the market in minna, could not get one. I cant place an order on Julia yet cos I'm not sure if it will be compatible with my phone. I'm on Gionee M5 with battery capacity of 6020mah
Its really gud bro, works well for ma 3000mah. Should be great for urs as well.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by santos2020: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2016
Benart:

That charger na fire very fast that's why I decide to share it on nairaland for those who have charger problems
pls which earphone is the best to buy in the market ,i am tired Some one told me about joel earphones ,pls have you use it.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Rilwon: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2016
DBos:
You are so on point I got that NEW AGE ENEGIZER it works like magic too fast! I got it 1k I thought I was wasting money!

Is it available at slot?
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by ogaofficer(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk; pls sir am currently using a samsung charger with an output of 2:0A input 100-240: yet my innjoo halo battery of 3200mah battery can still spend 3hrs before its get to 100%

though D:U app gave me the max capacity of my battery to be 2050maah:

do you think the new age enegizer with in built chord and usb port can work wonders on my phone?
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 12:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
Johnbosco77:

Brother abeg wat wud b d cause of my problem. my giinee m2 charger has stopped charging ma fone but charges other giinee fines. my will just be showing charging sign but even after 3 hrs e Neva add 1%. it d fault from d charging port??

aldo I manage one charger but it takes 2days to get ma fone barely charged.

maybe some components are faulty in it or it transfer and under voltage power to the battery

same shit am experience on my Gionee, some gione phones are charger selective once the charger can't meetup to the standard of the battery it won't charge
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
fitinwell:

Speed of LTE charger cheesy

I don't think it will cause any harm but if you notice some kind of battery or power related issue on the phone get a charger with a lesser current output like 1.5

but for now √Carry go
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
ogaofficer:

greenhulk; pls sir am currently using a samsung charger with an output of 2:0A input 100-240: yet my innjoo halo battery of 3200mah battery can still spend 3hrs before its get to 100%

do you think the new age enegizer with in built chord and usb port can work wonders on my phone?

change the usb cord

I bet you in less than 2hrs you should see the magic or unless that charger isn't upto 2.0A output you check the original output by downloading ampere app on play store
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
ogaofficer:

Are u sure ur charger is original? Because that charger should do better than new age energizer. New age energizer shown on this thread is just 1A, unless there are new age chargers with higher amperage. If ur phone doesn't have quick charge built in then a 2.0A charger should charge it in about 2 and half hours or so .

First download ampere from the play store, then plug ur phone into the charger and launch the app. Check the maximum current ur device is able to draw.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Na so bro. Better thing na money kill am. The charger I currently use is aukey 4 port smart charger that can automatically determine the required ampere of ur device and each port can max out at 2.4A. I bought it for 6k.

choi technology is getting crazy daily

this one na beast charger oh with speed of LTE charging speed
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by airsaylongcon: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
Meanwhile, I have original Samsung Note 3 Fast Charger and Samsung Note 4 Chargers. Also have very top quality aftermarket APPLE branded chargers. PM for details.
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Benart:

choi technology is getting crazy daily

this one na beast charger oh with speed of LTE charging speed

This is the charger.

Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by Benart(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk:

This is the charger.
Excellent accessory, 6A output!
Re: How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger by eraly(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
greenhulk:

This is the charger.

how much is d charger pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) / Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.