Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,309 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! (59762 Views)

Simple Cooking Tricks You Should Know / The Wonder Working Cream For All Who Wants Smooth Skin / Some Kitchen Tricks You Might Find Helpful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Ezedon(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is information is for women
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Tedassie(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
In addition to what OP put forward,here's some others.Though some are not entirely proven:

GENERAL TIPS and TRICKS
*When there’s pepper in your eyes, put a pinch of salt on your tongue and voila!! The sting is gone.

*Save the gel packs that come inside shoes and bags. They’re good at absorbing moisture so if you drop your phone in water, pit it in a bag of those gel capsules. It will dry it out. Works better than rice.

*If you’re cooking rice/ spaghetti / meat, etc and its bubbling and spilling over, take off the cover, then place a wooden spoon over the pot. No more spill.

*For hiccups, sip water 7 times and it stops
*When you have diarrhea, drink very cold coke. It’ll stop it
*If you have a cough, blend onions and add honey to it. Take it hourly or every 2 hrs. B4 d end of the day, the cough will disappear.

*For peppery hands, peal yam and rinse. Use the water to wash your hands. You can also use palm oil, soap and salt altogether, to wash your hands.

*Match stick, bitten at the wooden end when cutting onions, prevents teary eyes. Same with chewing gum.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by CuriousX: 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmm interesting. thanks Op for sharing
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by jaymichael(m): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Artistree:
I tried the potato in over salted food and it was amazing! It reverted to the exact salt level I wanted and the surprising thing is that the potato didn't taste salty after I removed it.
Did you put the potato inside the food on the fire? or did you drop the raw potato inside the food after you have brought it down from the fire?
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by 06pleasure(f): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
tanks
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by daveP(m): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is sylverly Sugarcoatted grin
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Davecafary(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kitchen hacks of life, thanks OP...gonna start making use of these hacks Coz I love cooking. But what got my laughing was your"(14). After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love...is it that plants would say
"Onyejemechimere can I have some of those pasta potato water, I love it so much."...don't mind my sarcastic mind grin wink
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Davecafary(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kitchen hacks of life, thanks OP...gonna start making use of these hacks Coz I love cooking. But what got me laughing was your"(14). After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love...is it that plants would say
"Onyejemechimere can I have some of those pasta potato water, I love it so much."...don't mind my sarcastic mind grin wink
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by bullabawz77(m): 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
thanks op... my aunt won't mk mi slicing fresh pepper in d name of ha hand peppering ha if she does it

madam rub vegetable oil fo hand slice dt tin joree
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by tolulope1990(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
kennybelle:
Amazing and enlightening. Thanks op
Your username already said it all.....
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by AODT(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Love this, it make you look good in dare situations wink
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Anabel(f): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Super Awesome and Informative. Me likey!
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by aigboeben(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice one op. Wish we would have info in other areas like this
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Artistree: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
jaymichael:
Did you put the potato inside the food on the fire? or did you drop the raw potato inside the food after you have brought it down from the fire?
I cooked beans in very large quantity and had packed them in plastic plates when I tasted and noticed it was very salty. I remembered the hack and went ahead to put them in the freezer but would peel a small bulb of potato and throw it in whenever I am warming up a pack. I was shocked with my first result and that was how I treated all 8packs till I exhausted the consignment. I was truly amazed at the result.

1 Like

Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by tayo200(m): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
nice
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by emmaliver(m): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good to know.
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Deeluv2010(m): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
An eye opener
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by jhydosky(m): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
Are you heartbroken?
Did your ex boyfriend break up with you after gifting him
your virginity and you need to send thunder to fire his
destiny?
Did your father tell you to go and Wear your slippers wen u
were still a kid, and just as you got inside and came back he
had disappeared and you want small thunder to fire him?
That your uncle that collected your account number 4 times
but has never sent you money, do you need thunder to fire
him?
That girl that you texted a lengthy paragraph to and she
replied you with K... Do you want to send thunder to strike
her thumb?
That girl that you have spent time, energy and money on
that you asked out and she told you she sees you as just a
friend... Do you want to send her one small thunder via
email?.
Your dreams have finally come true bcoz here at d
THUNDER COMPANY we are here to fulfill your dreams.
You can now send thunder to various people who have
offended you.
We have very specially prepared thunders for your service.
Some of our thunders do push-ups every morning, some of
them are soaked in petrol to get harder, some are currently
buried in the sambisa forest.
We have different kinds of thunders for different purposes...
Including the Heartbroken
Thunder : The type that will confuse the person's love life.
Please order your thunders now at affordable prices......
Tankio
#DriftKing
Add me on Facebook and learn and laugh everyday
https://mobile.facebook.com/onyejeme.chimerephilemon.3

Bros...you are a comedian.
You almost broke my ribs. Heartbroken thunder for you there grin grin grin
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by free37: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Coolgent(m): 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
Are you heartbroken?
Did your ex boyfriend break up with you after gifting him
your virginity and you need to send thunder to fire his
destiny?
Did your father tell you to go and Wear your slippers wen u
were still a kid, and just as you got inside and came back he
had disappeared and you want small thunder to fire him?
That your uncle that collected your account number 4 times
but has never sent you money, do you need thunder to fire
him?
That girl that you texted a lengthy paragraph to and she
replied you with K... Do you want to send thunder to strike
her thumb?
That girl that you have spent time, energy and money on
that you asked out and she told you she sees you as just a
friend... Do you want to send her one small thunder via
email?.
Your dreams have finally come true bcoz here at d
THUNDER COMPANY we are here to fulfill your dreams.
You can now send thunder to various people who have
offended you.
We have very specially prepared thunders for your service.
Some of our thunders do push-ups every morning, some of
them are soaked in petrol to get harder, some are currently
buried in the sambisa forest.
We have different kinds of thunders for different purposes...
Including the Heartbroken
Thunder : The type that will confuse the person's love life.
Please order your thunders now at affordable prices......
Tankio
#DriftKing
Add me on Facebook and learn and laugh everyday
https://mobile.facebook.com/onyejeme.chimerephilemon.3
Oga whats thunder?
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
[quote author=schumastic post=47208055]how will one keep all of this in the head[/quot

TRY! You can do all things grin just select copy and paste somewhere else on your phone that you can easily refer to biko.
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Artistree:

I cooked beans in very large quantity and had packed them in plastic plates when I tasted and noticed it was very salty. I remembered the hack and went ahead to put them in the freezer but would peel a small bulb of potato and throw it in whenever I am warming up a pack. I was shocked with my first result and that was how I treated all 8packs till I exhausted the consignment. I was truly amazed at the result.

Anti na so you like beans? Abu na sell you dey all?? Abeg give me one pack there biko.

How mush gringringrin
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Artistree:

Anti na so you like beans? Abi na sell you dey sell them?? abeg give me one pack there biko

How mush? grin grin grin
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by SirDavico(m): 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
halfricanadian smiley
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by halfricanadian(f): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
SirDavico:
halfricanadian smiley

smiley smiley
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by Bontia(m): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2016
[nice quote author=Onyejemechimere post=47205184]

source: http://otownloaded.com/20-wonder-working-kitchen-tricks-you-never-knew/

cc: MissyB3, tjskii ,Lalasticlala,Ishilove,Obinoscopy,Dominique[/quote]
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by yvonne111(f): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2016
cool
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by yvonne111(f): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2016
sweetpies:

Anti na so you like beans? Abi na sell you dey sell them?? abeg give me one pack there biko

How mush? grin grin grin

Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by SirDavico(m): 12:11am On Jul 05, 2016
halfricanadian:

smiley smiley
Have u read the article?
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by halfricanadian(f): 12:16am On Jul 05, 2016
SirDavico:

Have u read the article?

No o lemme read grin
Re: 20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! by SirDavico(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2016
halfricanadian:

No o lemme read grin
Ok...that's alrite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ovens For Sale / Pictures Of The Massive Python My Dad Caught / How Many Plates Would You Eat In This Situation? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.